Pages:
Author

Topic: Sanction isn't the right option - page 2. (Read 2657 times)

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
August 09, 2022, 02:17:29 PM
Surely sanctions will not solve problems, citizens who do not like war will feel direct consequences, for example are financial sanctions, usually all assets and finances of residents affected by sanctions will be blocked and this is very detrimental to them, sanctions will only make problems become more complicated.

Sanctions will not directly hit the target but they will only make innocent people suffer. Ordinary civilians are already suffering because of the war and it will be inhuman if they would let them suffer harder because of sanctions wherein they couldn't avoid. Sanctions could never stop the war or solve conflicts. It will only make the situation worse especially for ordinary people.
It is interesting to observe how many are directly outraged that as a result of the sanctions applied against the occupying country - Russia, innocent people will suffer, including in Russia itself. Sanctions are not an option? Okay, suggest options. And then, while you are whining, every day for almost half a year the whole of Ukraine has been bombarded with half-ton bombs, which kill civilians and destroy absolutely everything in Ukraine indiscriminately.

Yes, it would be much better if we had an international contingent of rapid reaction forces that, within a few days after the start of aggression, would deliver a devastating retaliatory strike of such force that other potential aggressors would never again want to attack other states militarily. But even in this case, military personnel on both sides would still die and the civilian population would die. You can't do without it.

Sanctions are the minimum that citizens of the whole world must allow so that the echo of the war does not reach them. It is better to sacrifice money and material comforts than to voluntarily or unwittingly participate in hostilities. Those who are outraged by the sanctions proceed from the position that everything is fine for them so far and should be fine in the future. And if not? If the aggressor, after the destruction of one country, goes to your country? After all, Russia is already threatening to attack at least a dozen other states.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
August 09, 2022, 01:05:43 PM
Surely sanctions will not solve problems, citizens who do not like war will feel direct consequences, for example are financial sanctions, usually all assets and finances of residents affected by sanctions will be blocked and this is very detrimental to them, sanctions will only make problems become more complicated.

Sanctions will not directly hit the target but they will only make innocent people suffer. Ordinary civilians are already suffering because of the war and it will be inhuman if they would let them suffer harder because of sanctions wherein they couldn't avoid. Sanctions could never stop the war or solve conflicts. It will only make the situation worse especially for ordinary people.
Activity: 569
Merit: 10
August 09, 2022, 02:56:24 AM
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
August 08, 2022, 11:04:44 AM
These are not fascist views, so don't label them. I proceed from the fact that, in terms of the form of government, the Russian Federation is a republic where the people, the nation, are vested with the highest power in the country. The people elect or hire senior government officials to a certain position and determine the scope of their rights and duties. These officials must act within and on the basis of the Constitution, its laws and regulations. Such a social structure is fixed, with some exceptions, in all civilized states. Therefore, the people, the nation is responsible for the actions of its officials, including if a half-witted senile with imperial ambitions turns out to be in power. For such cases, the people must provide for effective forms of dismissal or recall of such an official from office. Also in this case, no state or their officials have the right to interfere in the internal affairs of a foreign state. I repeat once again: with such a structure of state power, only the people, the nation is responsible for the actions of their officials in power. Unless, of course, you consider Russia to be a monarchy in terms of the form of government - a kingdom, a kingdom, an empire, etc., where the sovereign ruler is not responsible and does not account for his actions to the people. I am a lawyer by education and profession and I know what I write. There is no manifestation of fascist views in my judgments. I do not put a certain nation on some grounds above other nations.
There is one good thing I have learnt today. It can be applied personal, profesional, national and international.
And that good thing is minding your own business. Things will fall well in line.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 223
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 08, 2022, 10:16:18 AM
On the other hand, is the nation of Russians really not to blame for the fact that civilians are dying every day in Ukraine, their homes, schools, hospitals, etc. are being destroyed. This is not done by the nation of Russians? Maybe Ukraine is attacked by aliens? Or are they husbands, children, fathers and brothers of those "innocent" Russians? And about 300 thousand Russian soldiers and officers who are being killed in Ukraine, are they also innocent?
Something in Russia is not visible at all mass protests against the war. And according to polls, more than half of the "innocent" residents of Russia support Putin's actions to seize Ukraine. No, all citizens of Russia should bear responsibility for this.
I am glad that you openly express your fascist views here on the forum. Grin
These are not fascist views, so don't label them. I proceed from the fact that, in terms of the form of government, the Russian Federation is a republic where the people, the nation, are vested with the highest power in the country. The people elect or hire senior government officials to a certain position and determine the scope of their rights and duties. These officials must act within and on the basis of the Constitution, its laws and regulations. Such a social structure is fixed, with some exceptions, in all civilized states. Therefore, the people, the nation is responsible for the actions of its officials, including if a half-witted senile with imperial ambitions turns out to be in power. For such cases, the people must provide for effective forms of dismissal or recall of such an official from office. Also in this case, no state or their officials have the right to interfere in the internal affairs of a foreign state. I repeat once again: with such a structure of state power, only the people, the nation is responsible for the actions of their officials in power. Unless, of course, you consider Russia to be a monarchy in terms of the form of government - a kingdom, a kingdom, an empire, etc., where the sovereign ruler is not responsible and does not account for his actions to the people. I am a lawyer by education and profession and I know what I write. There is no manifestation of fascist views in my judgments. I do not put a certain nation on some grounds above other nations.
copper member
Activity: 2058
Merit: 900
White Russian
August 08, 2022, 03:36:38 AM
On the other hand, is the nation of Russians really not to blame for the fact that civilians are dying every day in Ukraine, their homes, schools, hospitals, etc. are being destroyed. This is not done by the nation of Russians? Maybe Ukraine is attacked by aliens? Or are they husbands, children, fathers and brothers of those "innocent" Russians? And about 300 thousand Russian soldiers and officers who are being killed in Ukraine, are they also innocent?
Something in Russia is not visible at all mass protests against the war. And according to polls, more than half of the "innocent" residents of Russia support Putin's actions to seize Ukraine. No, all citizens of Russia should bear responsibility for this.
I am glad that you openly express your fascist views here on the forum. Grin
Activity: 2254
Merit: 223
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 08, 2022, 02:34:30 AM
We need a international system wherein we need to punish leaders not the nation's. What wrong did common Russians or Iranians had committed to suffer sanctions. NATO at the door of Russia, and Russia hits Ukraine...this could had been prevented and Manny ukrainian lives could have been saved. Only if common sense had prevailed.

I was of the same option since the start of the war.
How many countries USA has bombed - yet they are superpower no sanctions. This is will keep going on when powerful will suppress the weak and there will be innocent killing and hatred in the world
And how should the leaders be punished, not the nation? Are these the same sanctions? That is, everything that is necessary for the continuation of the war will come to Russia from other countries, and the sanctions will apply to Putin and his entourage? For example, let's deprive Putin of imported cars and household appliances. Will they continue to flow into Russia and at the same time be banned from Putin? Doesn't this seem funny? It is enough for these leaders not to have bank accounts and real estate abroad, and these leaders will not give a damn about sanctions.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
August 07, 2022, 07:48:53 PM
We need a international system wherein we need to punish leaders not the nation's. What wrong did common Russians or Iranians had committed to suffer sanctions. NATO at the door of Russia, and Russia hits Ukraine...this could had been prevented and Manny ukrainian lives could have been saved. Only if common sense had prevailed.

I was of the same option since the start of the war.
How many countries USA has bombed - yet they are superpower no sanctions. This is will keep going on when powerful will suppress the weak and there will be innocent killing and hatred in the world
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
August 07, 2022, 07:22:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1094
Assalamu Alekum
August 07, 2022, 06:47:54 AM
it is better to persuade the government to immediately stop the war.
This doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon, no one wants to stop this fight until the goal is achieved.
Russia getting bogged down in the war is a big win for the US government and look at how they pumped weapons into the Ukrainian military. They pretend that they are assisting Ukraine in defending the country but actually they want to prolong the war, the longer the war lasts, the weaker Russia becomes and that is their goal.

Everyone in the world wants this war to stop, but I still don't see any signal that this war will stop. Who will be the first to give in? or this war will stop when the US government wants to.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1172
August 07, 2022, 04:43:39 AM
It is true that economic sanctions may break the backs of many countries. The country will become poor, maybe try to be self-sufficient, if it can, it will be able to survive, but it will not be able to shout at all. However, these theories may apply to Venezuela, Iran, and North Korea. But what happens when you try to play this kind of game with superpowers?

The greatest lesson of history is that no one learns from history. The same thing that is being done with Russia today is being done with Germany. Following Germany's defeat in World War I, Germany was burdened with a huge debt burden of about 269 billion gold coins. In terms of money, it is equivalent to 1 lakh tons of gold. The sole purpose of imposing this huge debt was that France and Britain wanted Germany to break the economic deadlock and not even think of war for the next hundred years. A master plan to subdue Germany without a war.

The problem is, only the weak die in the rice without hitting the hand. If you want to kill someone who has a sword in his hand, he will snatch the rice from you.

This humiliating chapter of the Treaty of Versailles provoked widespread outrage inside Germany. The Allies were to blame for Germany's economic woes at the time, and the people were agitating. When Hit-Lar finally came to power, he completely refused to repay the loan.

This debt burden and all the degrading chapters of the 1st Treaty of Versailles led to the rise of extremism in Germany. By capitalizing on which, the national hero becomes a hit-and-run offensive. Those who pushed for the treaty rather than cripple Germany seemed to invite more rather than avoid war through the treaty. Everyone knows the history of violence in the rest of Europe.

The context is not exactly the same, but how realistic is it if the West thinks that Russia will continue to weaken the economy by quietly imposing sanctions on this huge military power? It is possible to put pressure on Russia on various issues if we have economic relations. But when Russia is left completely helpless, will they apologize to the West as helpless? It is difficult to believe that Russia will do that with such a huge military force. When the Russians turn from angry to extremist against the West over Russia's problems, there may be a repeat of what happened in Germany. Which will devastate Europe.

They concede that the attempt to economically cripple Germany at the end of World War I was suicidal, which is why German leaders were tried after World War II but no attempt was made to harm the German nation. But they want to do the same thing with Russia again. It remains to be seen whether the outcome will be the same again or not.

You contradict your own headline in the very first sentence that you posted in the thread. Sanctions do not work in the short term, but medium and long term Russia is already facing a severe economic shock to come. It's last major export is gas and oil, yet it has shown that it is a very unreliable partner when it comes to energy exports so that source of revenue will dry up. It has substantial currency reserves, but it is also funding a very expensive war right now and once it burns through all the cash it will have very little economic production. Unfortunately Putin has chosen the way of the madman, Europe was at relative peace for many decades and it is the average Russia who will suffer the consequences while he sits around in his lavish palaces throughout retirement and hundreds of thousands of people spill blood for no reason.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 592
The Martian Child
August 07, 2022, 04:18:57 AM
Sanction will certainly make a greater impact on the country, those who are not involved with war will feel long suffering, we must find the best solution besides sanction, and many things that can be done without having to apply sanctions as happened with many countries such as Iraq , North Korea, and so on.
Will you care to explain what is supposed to be done if let's say you are the head of NATO or EU or the US/UK/France/Germany? Although I really believed that the leaders of these countries and organizations realized the huge impact of a boomerang because Europe is heavily dependent especially on Russian gas. They may find another source but it takes time and it will be more expensive because the long-term goal is clean energy. I felt bad for Ukraine but this war will end in defeat.

Iran despite heavy sanctions is still breathing and is actually not that poor due to their huge gas and oil which are sold secretly at discounted prices. North Korea is bleeding financially. But unlike Iran, North Korea has its own nukes which is why they cannot be touched easily by its enemies.

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
August 07, 2022, 03:35:57 AM
Sanction will certainly make a greater impact on the country, those who are not involved with war will feel long suffering, we must find the best solution besides sanction, and many things that can be done without having to apply sanctions as happened with many countries such as Iraq , North Korea, and so on.
copper member
Activity: 2058
Merit: 900
White Russian
August 06, 2022, 04:02:58 AM
No one really knows yet there were no news or information that surfaced out in talking about on whats happening internally in Russia thats why we cant really make
out presumptions whether they are on the verge of difficulties or simply just laughing and doesnt really care about sanctions and cutting off ties with other countries.
The war isnt over yet and still continuing which does indicate at least that they are holding strong despite of those sanctions or other related things against Russia.
Im not belittling this country but it is really just hard to believe that they could really withstand with this kind of situation.
I live in Russia and can share my opinion about Western sanctions. They have not affected everyday life in any way: food, gasoline, electricity, heating, the Internet, bank cards and other things that you encounter every day - everything is available and costs about the same as six months ago. There is no reason to panic or hysteria. The biggest discomfort from the sanctions, I personally had about coffee, in the spring it has risen sharply in price by 3-4 times, and so far the price has not returned to its previous level, you have to pay about 30% more for coffee. When Western politicians said at the beginning of spring that they dropped an economic nuclear bomb on Russia and the economy was torn to shreds, it was a lie.

As for the long-term perspective, the situation is more vague. Let's wait and see, now in any region of the world it is difficult to think far ahead.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 347
August 05, 2022, 04:53:28 PM
The effectiveness of sanctions cannot be seen immediately.

That is what I wanted to point out. Half a year has passed. Those who made sanctions against Russia is now in a worst situation than before sanctions. When then those sanctions would start to give first positive effect on those who nominate them?

Your phrase means that we just need to wait and Russia will start to feel negative impact from sanctions. But Russia isnt sitting still. Who knows what they are doing and developing right now? Lots has moved from Russia, including foreign agents and informers. No we know less what is going on in Russia.
No one really knows yet there were no news or information that surfaced out in talking about on whats happening internally in Russia thats why we cant really make
out presumptions whether they are on the verge of difficulties or simply just laughing and doesnt really care about sanctions and cutting off ties with other countries.
The war isnt over yet and still continuing which does indicate at least that they are holding strong despite of those sanctions or other related things against Russia.
Im not belittling this country but it is really just hard to believe that they could really withstand with this kind of situation.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
August 03, 2022, 02:39:22 PM
Regarding Russia, the world has become a little smarter, although it has not yet reached the desired level ... But already now, in order to weaken those who decided to repeat the path of Nazism, they are introducing restrictions that weaken the economy. These are sanctions. But after Russia collapses (and this is a matter of a fairly near future), this under-empire will be for many decades to come, eat grass and pay debts, for death, terror, violation of moral / ethical standards and other crimes against humanity. Yes, they were lucky when they unleashed a massacre in Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and other countries - then they got away with it. Now it won't come off!
The thing is - it is true that the sanction is not the right option.
I said that so many times earlier. EU is not putting Russia in trouble but they are putting their own self and other countries in trouble.
They have pressurised Pakistan and Sri Lanka to vote against Russia - and when they didn't - they changed the government- what a mess going on those two countries too.

You do not quite correctly perceive the sanctions. Everyone knows that this is a "double-edged sword". And when they are introduced, they perfectly understand that the one who imposes them will also have a partial negative effect. BUT. In today's situation, sanctions are an inoculation. An inoculation against connections with bastard "partners" who use language, oil and gas for terror. Therefore, those who impose sanctions will be uncomfortable for some time. But this is retribution for previous mistakes. But after a while, they will forever lose points of risk, such as a gas supplier-terrorist, to whom a key industry somehow unexpectedly turned out to be tied. Yes, for example, for Germany, 2023-2024 will be very difficult, and may lead to a change in the status of the "locomotive of Europe", to "well, nothing, somehow they will survive, let's express, 2 times, concern" Smiley You have to pay for all the mistakes, sometimes expensive price.
And again, BUT: But in the end, the country of the world terrorist will be reduced to the state of China's raw material appendage, and then, if you're lucky, maintain its integrity!
But if you don’t know, countries that don’t sell their interests also imposed sanctions on the terrorist country, found a way out quite easily, and they will endure the winter of 2022/2023 calmly
Activity: 952
Merit: 105
August 03, 2022, 11:46:57 AM

That is what I wanted to point out. Half a year has passed. Those who made sanctions against Russia is now in a worst situation than before sanctions. When then those sanctions would start to give first positive effect on those who nominate them?

Your phrase means that we just need to wait and Russia will start to feel negative impact from sanctions. But Russia isnt sitting still. Who knows what they are doing and developing right now? Lots has moved from Russia, including foreign agents and informers. No we know less what is going on in Russia.
Now who is next in line. That is Taiwan. And I have seen 80 years old representative coming to Taiwan and supporting them for the war against China.
Now they are ready to create another mess after Russia.
Let every country fight their own battle and leave the whole world alone for time being.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
August 02, 2022, 08:29:34 AM

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
August 02, 2022, 06:23:23 AM
World has been involved into Russian-Ukrainian war for half a year and it looks like it is time to make some conclusions. Half year of sanctions against Russia and Europe has faced gas, petrol and electricity problems. Manufacturers arent happy with trades also. On the other hand, some companies and countries continue to trade with Russia, despite sanctions. So are sanctions really that helpful?
It seems Russia don't even care about the sanctions, the sanctions are not affecting the Russia.  If the sanctions are affecting Russia badly they would have giving up on the war , it looks as if the sanctions is not working on them. The war  is becoming long no one knows when Russia will quit the war.
Russia doesn't give a damn about sanctions. This is clear. It was the original tactic to deny the obvious so that the world would lose faith in their application. Sanctions are doing their job and this is already noticeable in many sectors of Russia. For example, in the aircraft industry, Russia will very soon lose its aircraft due to the inability to service them. This applies even to those 600 aircraft that she did not want to return after leasing because the Kremlin clearly knew that the problems would grow.
The effectiveness of sanctions cannot be seen immediately. After all, sanctioned goods remain in warehouses in Russia for some time, and at first there may still be loopholes to bypass them. But given that almost half a year has already passed after their application, with each subsequent month their influence will increase.
Oil and gas prices are rising at first, as the logistics routes for their supplies are disrupted, but this is a temporary phenomenon. In the future, Russia will definitely lose.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
August 02, 2022, 02:26:26 AM
I am sure that more Russians who disagree with the government who invasion to Ukraine, if the world applies strict economic sanctions, of course those who are innocent and love peace are also affected, it is better to persuade the government to immediately stop the war.
Pages:
Jump to: