Pages:
Author

Topic: Sanction isn't the right option - page 6. (Read 2678 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
May 10, 2022, 12:56:00 PM
A wise man once said that to carry on the war, three things are necessary: money, money, and yet more money. The parallel with Germany (the Weimar Republic) is inappropriate - if you want to draw comparisons, the Blockade of Germany between 1939 - 1945 would be more illustrative. Hopefully, Russia doesn't turn to crypto to mend its economic troubles and circumvent sanctions because that would be draconian regulations from the U.S. and the EU. 
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
May 10, 2022, 11:31:20 AM
Its a very sensible post. in fact why should citizens suffer for crimes of politicians. Moreover why don't countries united and supported the Ukraine initially, like how they are doing it now.
I think we need to create a international mechanism wherein citizens can express themselves against their own leaders if needed. In many countries the leaders start ruining countries for personal gains. There are many countries where citizens are suffering in oppressive rule and  citizens in such countries want to come out and overturn the governments, but they need support, atleast they should be allowed to express this  anguish... I believe Elon musk can do something on this. What say?
copper member
Activity: 2100
Merit: 903
White Russian
May 10, 2022, 08:45:21 AM
In the end it will turn out that sanctions worked opposite and only made Russia more rich and powerful. We have increased prices on natural resources already, and the prices keep going higher. I dont believe those, who call to refuse using Russian gas or oil, or say that they already refused using them, really did it. On one hand Russian economy is suffering from lack of import, on the other it is being pumped with money right now. Who is winning from that?

I have one question for you. Tell me - do you follow the news? Behind the speeches of politicians and government representatives? I mean Russian? No, not hysterical clowns in the Kremlin propaganda studios, but, for example, Lavrov? This is the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia. Tell me - do you think he's an idiot? Do you think he does not understand the benefits of sanctions that will only enrich and strengthen Russia? Or is he a saboteur, and is constantly begging the US and the EU for the sanctions to be lifted? It turns out that the entire diplomatic corps of Russia, and the president and prime minister of Russia himself, are enemies of Russia?! Want to prevent profit from sanctions? Smiley
I don't recall a case where Lavrov asked for sanctions to be lifted. In Russia, it is customary to put new Western sanctions in a package with packages, shrug your shoulders and move on.

Well, just because you haven’t heard, absolutely doesn’t mean that Lavrov didn’t say this Smiley

The issue of lifting sanctions is constantly being discussed, Russia is constantly moaning and begging for them to be removed - either it's not fair, it's not humane, or something else. Do you remember how fun it was in 2014 - and don’t make our Iskanders laugh, and the sanctions are only good. And now Putin asks to withdraw from the UN (last year), then Lavrov speaks of inhumanity (the last couple of years), then recently Lavrov was surprised new package of sanctions, and was quite annoyed (last month). As I understand it, it's all about the fact that they like sanctions and they enjoy them, right? Smiley Finding the described events is very simple - Google, and the request "Putin asks to lift sanctions", or "Lavrov asks to lift sanctions", and you will be happy - hear them! Smiley
Maybe you can do it for me and provide prooflinks? And now it looks more like lies and slander that you spread as part of a subscription campaign, which your bounty manager may not like.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
May 10, 2022, 07:42:50 AM
In the end it will turn out that sanctions worked opposite and only made Russia more rich and powerful. We have increased prices on natural resources already, and the prices keep going higher. I dont believe those, who call to refuse using Russian gas or oil, or say that they already refused using them, really did it. On one hand Russian economy is suffering from lack of import, on the other it is being pumped with money right now. Who is winning from that?

I have one question for you. Tell me - do you follow the news? Behind the speeches of politicians and government representatives? I mean Russian? No, not hysterical clowns in the Kremlin propaganda studios, but, for example, Lavrov? This is the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia. Tell me - do you think he's an idiot? Do you think he does not understand the benefits of sanctions that will only enrich and strengthen Russia? Or is he a saboteur, and is constantly begging the US and the EU for the sanctions to be lifted? It turns out that the entire diplomatic corps of Russia, and the president and prime minister of Russia himself, are enemies of Russia?! Want to prevent profit from sanctions? Smiley
I don't recall a case where Lavrov asked for sanctions to be lifted. In Russia, it is customary to put new Western sanctions in a package with packages, shrug your shoulders and move on.

Well, just because you haven’t heard, absolutely doesn’t mean that Lavrov didn’t say this Smiley

The issue of lifting sanctions is constantly being discussed, Russia is constantly moaning and begging for them to be removed - either it's not fair, it's not humane, or something else. Do you remember how fun it was in 2014 - and don’t make our Iskanders laugh, and the sanctions are only good. And now Putin asks to withdraw from the UN (last year), then Lavrov speaks of inhumanity (the last couple of years), then recently Lavrov was surprised new package of sanctions, and was quite annoyed (last month). As I understand it, it's all about the fact that they like sanctions and they enjoy them, right? Smiley Finding the described events is very simple - Google, and the request "Putin asks to lift sanctions", or "Lavrov asks to lift sanctions", and you will be happy - hear them! Smiley
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
May 10, 2022, 04:37:45 AM
I have never seen that sanctions will be able to influence the decision of a country that invasion, precisely sanctions will cause major humanitarian problems in the long run, it is time for the world to think that without sanctions can stop the war.
If you look at the case of the war between Russia and Ukraine, sanctions really won't turn into a good thing and will only add to the problem.
it is not an easy matter to stop war and sanctions are not the right choice either,
hope this can all end because humanity is much more important
The aggressor can either be killed by military or other means, or forced to give up this aggression economically. Europe has long tried to please Putin. And here is the result: he became so insolent that he openly began to seize neighboring states.
The current sanctions will bring results, but not as quickly as some would like. Although in Russia itself they are already being felt.
The most effective way is to have an international military rapid reaction force that could instantly be used against such Putins, who suddenly felt the strength of a great conqueror. This would be a more effective deterrent.
copper member
Activity: 2100
Merit: 903
White Russian
May 10, 2022, 04:20:20 AM

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1198
May 10, 2022, 04:06:23 AM

I dont follow "Russian news", as all their tv channels and news web pages are banned at my country.

Countries still buy Russian gas, as they havent found yet a way to substitute it. How many times did gas price increase, compared to price before February 24?

You know why "Sanction isn't the right option" and why they did not work? Yesterday I saw an article "Europe failed to agree on a new package of sanctions". Europe understood that they lose more from sanctions than get any profit or result. Now the so called European Union turns into individuals and think how to save themselves or choose best scenario among worse.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
May 09, 2022, 01:31:12 PM

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
May 09, 2022, 09:28:05 AM

If the sanctions to Russia is imposed to other country like North Korea or countries with no way to mine their own oil, it will be devastating. To Russia it will not work that way. That's why NATO is trying to convince India and China to join and sanction Russia. Now they are threatening India and China to also be sanctioned if they don't join.

Since the sanctions to Russia will continue, Putin will also keep reaping Ukraine with its natural resources so sustain his war. This war could really take long years which they could secure the position by building more facilities.

Nuking by the way is already in the minds of both parties. Hope to see this not coming true. What other options does US and EU have?
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
May 09, 2022, 04:46:31 AM
I have never seen that sanctions will be able to influence the decision of a country that invasion, precisely sanctions will cause major humanitarian problems in the long run, it is time for the world to think that without sanctions can stop the war.
If you look at the case of the war between Russia and Ukraine, sanctions really won't turn into a good thing and will only add to the problem.
it is not an easy matter to stop war and sanctions are not the right choice either,
hope this can all end because humanity is much more important
legendary
May 09, 2022, 03:20:37 AM
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
May 09, 2022, 03:15:08 AM
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
May 08, 2022, 02:33:32 PM
There had been many sanctions on Russia for invading Ukraine but still, the war still continues. We need to understand that we don't use hard hand to fight hard hands. One will end up being damage and the other can be paralysed or still in a good shape.
The best way to stop this aggression is by negotiation not by sending ammunition to Ukraine for them to fight for themselves. NATO needs to meet with Russia and negotiate on how to stop this war or else, Ukraine will end up being a victim of war. They might lose more cities, friends, if care is not taken.
It is essential that you make it clear that Putin started this war and does not want negotiations other than the surrender of Ukraine, the seizure of Ukrainian territory and the enslavement of its people. On the territory of Russia there are already 66 so-called filtration camps, where hundreds of thousands of civilians from Ukraine are forcibly deported. What kind of negotiations can there be if the Putin regime has already committed the genocide of the Ukrainian people and indiscriminately destroys the elderly, women and children in Ukraine? Russians totally destroy everything in their path: houses, schools, hospitals, plants and factories. They seek to destroy Ukraine's infrastructure and destroy its economy.

An alternative to the current sanctions and the most effective method would be a missile and bomb strike by the international community on all military facilities in Russia and its defense enterprises in order to eliminate the military threat to Russia. Therefore, the current sanctions are still a very humane method for this Russian aggression.

Russia will definitely suffer a military defeat in Ukraine. More than 25,000 Russian invaders have already been killed and about 70,000 wounded. Considering that about 190,000 Russian soldiers have invaded Ukraine, about half of the most combat-ready part of the Russian army has been put out of action. They can announce a general mobilization and draft many million people into the army, but in Russia they already admit that they are not able to equip, equip and feed such an army. In addition, it will most likely not be an army, but "cannon fodder" without military skills. In Ukraine, so far, mainly those who have combat experience are fighting. Therefore, their rebuff is very effective and highly professional. The loss of the Ukrainian military is estimated at 1 to 5 and even 1 to 7 Russian soldiers.
Activity: 1042
Merit: 273
May 08, 2022, 09:53:46 AM
snip
This is the issue, people are looking for fake narrative where there isn't one. They are trying to justify the war because maybe "some" Ukrainians did something wrong during the war. I am sorry but if you attack my nation, I have every right to do whatever I please to you and there won't be any ounce of regret in me.

You are the one that attacks a whole nation and kill all the innocent people to take whatever you want, you deserve everything, not just death, that will be easy going, I would hope for much worse for you, pain and suffering. This is what war brings, this hatred is all because Putin decided to attack and I am not even Ukrainian, I have just been there once, but that's it, I have zero connections.
Activity: 476
Merit: 212
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
May 05, 2022, 11:46:51 AM
The world cannot function on its own that is why there are superpower who have positioned themselves to regulate happenings around the world. Sanctioning might not utterly be the best against Russia now but when you look at it closely Russia is still getting their way around the sanctioning because they have supporters who have not sanctioned themselves against Russia. I believe, that the superpowers should call for peace treaty between the parties involved to avoid escalations. Putin has already warned that any country that intervenes (which I believe means any country that joins hand with Ukraine) will also hear from them.
it is true that the state will not function by itself, the superpowers impose sanctions on Russia, but the impact is certain that countries with weak economies will feel the impact of sanctions imposed on Russia, such as India, Indonesia, even after the superpowers imposed sanctions on Russia. , the price of oil in my country immediately soared, I think the best way is to propose peace between the two countries.

I do not think imposing sanctions on Russia will do any damage. That country already faced sanctions from the west countless times. Russia is so vast that they can live on their own if they are totally cut off from the outside world from trade. Maybe try could not lead a luxurious life but they will survive. I think sanction is not ideal for a country like China, Russia, or Iran. That is why Iran still survives when its economy is in the trash.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
May 05, 2022, 06:26:09 AM
The world cannot function on its own that is why there are superpower who have positioned themselves to regulate happenings around the world. Sanctioning might not utterly be the best against Russia now but when you look at it closely Russia is still getting their way around the sanctioning because they have supporters who have not sanctioned themselves against Russia. I believe, that the superpowers should call for peace treaty between the parties involved to avoid escalations. Putin has already warned that any country that intervenes (which I believe means any country that joins hand with Ukraine) will also hear from them.
it is true that the state will not function by itself, the superpowers impose sanctions on Russia, but the impact is certain that countries with weak economies will feel the impact of sanctions imposed on Russia, such as India, Indonesia, even after the superpowers imposed sanctions on Russia. , the price of oil in my country immediately soared, I think the best way is to propose peace between the two countries.
legendary
May 05, 2022, 05:14:45 AM
Exactly ! All citizens of Russia who support the Putin regime, this war, and do not prevent the commission of crimes are guilty! And how did you want? Punish only the bastard soldier who raped an 8 year old girl and killed her? Or his parents squealing with delight or his wife, who says "you can rape Ukrainian women, just use condoms and don't tell me (while laughing), and bring me jewelry and perfume that you will steal from their homes." Or maybe a simple citizen of Russia who does not serve in the army but says that "it is necessary to destroy all Ukrainians" is not guilty? It's called collective responsibility! Haven't heard of this?

Now you sound different. At first you have called to punish everyone, now only those who support Putin. Next what, find all election bulletins and punish only those who put a tick next to Vladimir Putin ?

I will tale you once again, you are judging whole nation by deeds of bunch of people. Please watch these videos (those who does not understand can turn of subs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0VeKprpB60, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKPzueJSHjA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5vwppyp30, https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vqFO3kxSBMo and https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Qw7CmbaoEOA and tell me your opinion about Ukrainian refugees behavior ? Can I my impression about Ukrainians by these videos?
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1073
May 05, 2022, 05:01:19 AM
Limiting someone never worked well in the future. Real people that are responsible for war are not suffering from anything. They might get some temporary inconveniences in future, but in general sanctions wont affect them.

What everyone tries to achieve with all these sanctions? Force Russian people to overthrow government? But who will be in charge then? What if more crazy person will be the leader (and he would be craze, he is now made even more angry with sanction), what he will do? Stop the war, say they are sorry and cover all losses? Doubtfully. Instead he could send the biggest available missile straight to the face.
I believe that the temporary annoyance to them is not the sanctions, it is what people think. Imagine being a demage and a dictator like Putin who keeps on finding reasons to attack others because he thinks that he is saving Russians or they believe that they were wronged or whatever, you need the support of the people for that.

When you are at a level where even if it is like 30% of the nation actually supporting you, as a dictator you could stay at a high level and it is really hard to drop under that with the media under your control. However, if we are considering Putin losing all of that due to a war and sanctions and everyone starving? That would have resulted with him being ousted by oligarchs and commoners alike.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 525
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
May 04, 2022, 07:59:00 PM
There had been many sanctions on Russia for invading Ukraine but still, the war still continues. We need to understand that we don't use hard hand to fight hard hands. One will end up being damage and the other can be paralysed or still in a good shape.
The best way to stop this aggression is by negotiation not by sending ammunition to Ukraine for them to fight for themselves. NATO needs to meet with Russia and negotiate on how to stop this war or else, Ukraine will end up being a victim of war. They might lose more cities, friends, if care is not taken.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 04, 2022, 10:59:12 AM

The advantage of Puti is that he has EU by its ass due to his oil. If he hasn't the oil, Biden may have his men already in the borders of Ukraine. It will already be a genocide. But because of the sanctions, it made EU and US weak in the eyes of Putin and Xi.

US spent billions to support Ukaine and seem they are in too deep already trying to make Ukraine look like they are winning but we could see the sanctions are biting back their ass.
Pages:
Jump to: