Pages:
Author

Topic: Sanction isn't the right option - page 7. (Read 2658 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 212
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
May 04, 2022, 10:38:59 AM
That isn't the case with Russia in 2022; if the US, UK, or any other nation who wants to help Ukraine flexed their military might, what do you think Putin would do?  
This attitude from the USA and Europe is a wrong move and makes Putin more confident in his capabilities.
We think, what will Putin do if...? But Putin doesn't think what we will do. Then we say that's because he is crazy and we are smart but no! He doesn't show his weakness and acts cool while we are cool but show our weaknesses. Do you get the point?

Many say Putin is a mad man but I can see his great ambition from his actions. When Putin escalate war on Ukraine EU saw NATO is only effective against non-nuclear countries and openly accept that they fear any confrontation with russia. Putin deserve some clap about how he recover russias economy after USA put sanction over them.

Putin is not a crazy man and if you wants to obliterate him from the existence then you should think about your own existence.
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
May 04, 2022, 08:52:08 AM
indeed, sanctions are not a good choice, Sanctions and war in Ukraine have pushed up commodity and energy prices, When global commodity prices rise, inflation will increase, causing  domestic problems for the countries imposing sanctions.  Therefore, Sanctions are like a double-edged sword, they cause damage to Russia but also cost the countries that impose sanctions.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
May 04, 2022, 06:56:00 AM
More than half a trillion dollars worth of assets has been frozen by the international community on the currency and property of Russia and its elite. I consider it absolutely fair that these funds be transferred to Ukraine to restore its economy. This would greatly deter such aggressors in the future and encourage his people to restrain their maddened gangsters.

How can you separate frozen funds of Russian citizen, that did not vote for Putin on election, from those who did? Or a guy, who has Russian passport, lives and works abroad, does not care about Russian government at all, but has his funds also frozen. You are judging whole nation for deeds of several persons.

I can do that also. When I was a kid, other kid at kinder garden took my toy car. This kids grand-grand-grand-grand father has Ukrainian roots. I think I would blame all Ukrainians after this.

But a good Russian, a lover of the Russian world, would kill your parents, rape your sister, steal a washing machine, shit in your house and destroy it. This is how they now behave in Ukraine!
And about the typewriter, you gave an example in vain, it is not correct. The right example - if in kindergarten, you shit all the children in their shoes, pissed in a vat of tea in the dining room, and then you would be PUNISHED for bad behavior, they took away the typewriter, and put you in a corner! Russia was punished for a reason, but for crimes that have already surpassed the crimes of Nazi Germany!

I did not get it. You suggest to blame and punish every Russian? From your example, it will be fair to punish every kid in kindergarten, when just one " shit all the children in their shoes, pissed in a vat of tea in the dining room". In your post you have mentioned Nazi Germany. Should we blame every German right now also? In my opinion, crime is a crime, it can not be surpassed. Death or tragedy of one person is as same bad as a death or tragedy of a millions.

But a good Russian, a lover of the Russian world, would kill your parents, rape your sister, steal a washing machine, shit in your house and destroy it. This is how they now behave in Ukraine!

They means Russians? These people are not Russians, they are garbage, rotten people. That is the problem of upbringing, education, mental stability, character. Dont judge whole nation by deeds of several people.

Exactly ! All citizens of Russia who support the Putin regime, this war, and do not prevent the commission of crimes are guilty! And how did you want? Punish only the bastard soldier who raped an 8 year old girl and killed her? Or his parents squealing with delight or his wife, who says "you can rape Ukrainian women, just use condoms and don't tell me (while laughing), and bring me jewelry and perfume that you will steal from their homes." Or maybe a simple citizen of Russia who does not serve in the army but says that "it is necessary to destroy all Ukrainians" is not guilty? It's called collective responsibility! Haven't heard of this?
Activity: 840
Merit: 756
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
May 03, 2022, 05:07:31 PM
That isn't the case with Russia in 2022; if the US, UK, or any other nation who wants to help Ukraine flexed their military might, what do you think Putin would do?  
This attitude from the USA and Europe is a wrong move and makes Putin more confident in his capabilities.
We think, what will Putin do if...? But Putin doesn't think what we will do. Then we say that's because he is crazy and we are smart but no! He doesn't show his weakness and acts cool while we are cool but show our weaknesses. Do you get the point?

Why there are so many footages that shows how bad Russians are, and not a single independent Russian social media show how Ukrainians act during that war?
That's a question I've been asking myself lately, although I know the answer--the media in the US is basically controlled by the government, and they don't want to present this issue with opposing viewpoints, only anti-Russian ones.  On the other hand, I haven't been seeing anything negative about Russian citizens, only Putin and the military.  But yeah, I have no idea what, if anything, Ukraine is doing wrong in this conflict because that's all censored. 
Ukraine hasn't started the war but Russia started, do you guys understand the difference? Ukraine wants to be a part of the western family, they want a better life and they don't want with Russia because they have been with them during the Soviet Union era and they didn't like it.
I strongly recommend you to check the story of Holodomor, a genocide that was executed by the Soviet regime where millions of Ukrainians died of starvation, widespread cannibalism facts were documented during this time.
So, Ukraine and post-soviet countries except for Armenia and some others don't want to stay with Russia.

Take Poland as an example, it was conquered by Germans and by Russians but lately, you can see that they hate the Russian government very much and are doing as much as they can in this war, no one is as active as Poland. Have you heard about the Massacres of Poles in Volhynia? That was done by Ukrainians but Polish don't like the Russian government so much that they still help Ukrainians.

Do you know the reason why Polish people don't hate modern Germany but hate the modern Russian government? Because modern Germany is different from Nazi Germany while modern Russia wants to revive the Soviet Union.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
May 03, 2022, 03:59:13 PM
I am just asking isn't there is any other alternative that we can use to punish Russia instead of putting sanctions on them.
With what Alternative Sanctions, weapons, nuclear, military, gas, gold or otherwise, are sanctioned, no, Russia has it all, no effect on Russia.

Actually, sanctions against Russia are a decision that has been made for other countries by the west, the goal of sanctions for Russia is not to cause widespread war, famine or also the economy.

The main purpose of sanctions against Russia is to limit output, pain, cut off foreign businesses that can bring the trade economy to a standstill and narrow the supply chain of natural resources to other countries, thus Russia will think about stopping the attack on Ukraine.

In fact, it was all ignored by Russian officials, the attacks continued, the victims continued to fall, innocent people were being targeted, I don't think the sanctions have a serious effect on Russia, they feel that the country is a super power, In my opinion, the best solution and alternative to Russia apart from sanctions is peace talks and ending the war between the two countries, returning to live in peace.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
May 03, 2022, 01:10:32 PM
I think sanctions from Europe and the USA will make the situation worse, Russia will be more aggressive with several neighboring countries such as Georgia, Czech Republic, Slovakia and the former Soviet Union because they feel that the country around Russia is a threat to Russia, if this happens, of course there will be many citizens. Innocent russian state gets big losses for example assets in other countries will be frozen.
I agree with you, sanctions are not the right choice, even make things worse, assets in other countries will be frozen, as happened to Abramovich the Chelsea boss, he suffered tremendous losses, even he can no longer manage the Chelsea club, right? only has an impact on individuals but also has an impact on the club, in my personal opinion it is better not to continue the sanctions.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
May 03, 2022, 12:49:19 PM
I think sanctions from Europe and the USA will make the situation worse, Russia will be more aggressive with several neighboring countries such as Georgia, Czech Republic, Slovakia and the former Soviet Union because they feel that the country around Russia is a threat to Russia, if this happens, of course there will be many citizens. Innocent russian state gets big losses for example assets in other countries will be frozen.
I see that sanctions are not the right solution for now and it will also not weaken Russia completely,
and it could be sanctions for Russia instead be a boomerang for Europe,
we'll see what the next steps Europe will take considering they are also still dependent on Russia for oil
Russian sanctions have backfired, especially for European countries, they can't meet Russia's oil and gas needs, moreover they give Russia swift sanctions, and in the end Russia only wants to be paid in rubles. until now russia seems to be in control of this and the dilemma is focused on european countries, they seem to be victims of nato policy
Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
May 03, 2022, 06:11:13 AM
I think sanctions are not the best solution when there is war, there are many things the world can do to make Russia stop aggression, dialogue and opening hearts to see the facts are better things, sanctions will continue to cause many victims.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
May 03, 2022, 04:47:09 AM
I see that sanctions are not the right solution for now and it will also not weaken Russia completely,
and it could be sanctions for Russia instead be a boomerang for Europe,
we'll see what the next steps Europe will take considering they are also still dependent on Russia for oil
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
May 03, 2022, 03:42:14 AM
More than half a trillion dollars worth of assets has been frozen by the international community on the currency and property of Russia and its elite. I consider it absolutely fair that these funds be transferred to Ukraine to restore its economy. This would greatly deter such aggressors in the future and encourage his people to restrain their maddened gangsters.

How can you separate frozen funds of Russian citizen, that did not vote for Putin on election, from those who did? Or a guy, who has Russian passport, lives and works abroad, does not care about Russian government at all, but has his funds also frozen. You are judging whole nation for deeds of several persons.

I can do that also. When I was a kid, other kid at kinder garden took my toy car. This kids grand-grand-grand-grand father has Ukrainian roots. I think I would blame all Ukrainians after this.

And about the typewriter, you gave an example in vain, it is not correct. The right example - if in kindergarten, you shit all the children in their shoes, pissed in a vat of tea in the dining room, and then you would be PUNISHED for bad behavior, they took away the typewriter, and put you in a corner! Russia was punished for a reason, but for crimes that have already surpassed the crimes of Nazi Germany!

I did not get it. You suggest to blame and punish every Russian? From your example, it will be fair to punish every kid in kindergarten, when just one " shit all the children in their shoes, pissed in a vat of tea in the dining room". In your post you have mentioned Nazi Germany. Should we blame every German right now also? In my opinion, crime is a crime, it can not be surpassed. Death or tragedy of one person is as same bad as a death or tragedy of a millions.

They means Russians? These people are not Russians, they are garbage, rotten people. That is the problem of upbringing, education, mental stability, character. Dont judge whole nation by deeds of several people.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 12
May 03, 2022, 12:07:20 AM
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
May 02, 2022, 04:02:25 PM

Activity: 548
Merit: 42
May 02, 2022, 08:06:29 AM
Limiting someone never worked well in the future. Real people that are responsible for war are not suffering from anything. They might get some temporary inconveniences in future, but in general sanctions wont affect them.

What everyone tries to achieve with all these sanctions? Force Russian people to overthrow government? But who will be in charge then? What if more crazy person will be the leader (and he would be craze, he is now made even more angry with sanction), what he will do? Stop the war, say they are sorry and cover all losses? Doubtfully. Instead he could send the biggest available missile straight to the face.
Activity: 504
Merit: 14
I know Who I AM
April 30, 2022, 02:12:09 PM
The common knowledge of history can tell us much more we can think of our selves now.
From the beginning Human nature is to seek more ways to dominate its surrounding and for so generation there are so many individuals who are still trying.
But now things are quite different and I think we are at the highest possible human advancement level and from this point we can now only think of way to survive from our own doing not to seek for more advancement.
Crypto sure is an amazing idea but with so many flwas in it the biggest is that it is still control by big fishes. You know what i mean. So we can't possibly be thinking about applying it to evolve but to use it as secondary way of an exchangeable currency.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 641
https://duelbits.com/
April 30, 2022, 11:57:17 AM
Sanctions will only make new problems, but with the current Russian economic conditions that look strong, it seems like it will not be too influential, maybe for the long term it will be a problem for the Russian economy.
This is also still quite difficult considering that the country behind Russia at this time is China, which incidentally is a country with a fairly strong economy after America. I think this will only give a slight bluff no matter in the short or long term it will only have very little effect now.

Precisely in this case when Russia now owns almost everything one of which is oil when seeing sanctions like this will only make it difficult for smaller countries that impose sanctions on them especially for European countries.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
April 30, 2022, 11:23:19 AM
Sanctions will only make new problems, but with the current Russian economic conditions that look strong, it seems like it will not be too influential, maybe for the long term it will be a problem for the Russian economy.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
April 29, 2022, 06:41:50 AM

who are in Russia and who, in telephone conversations, still order what clothes, household appliances or other property to bring from the houses of the robbed houses of Ukrainians.

I find it hard to believe, that when you are at war and on enemy territory, you steal led tv or t-shirt and send it home. Where did these troops keep all this stuff? In tanks?

Maybe it's hard for you to believe that, but this happens in every war! There're always people who are ready to take an advantage of the situation, even if that "taking advantage" is totally unethical, immoral, unprincipled, dishonourable, dishonest, unconscionable, fraudulent, and I don't know what else! But this happens all the time! I know some people from my neighborhood who went to war poor and came back very rich! Rich like a new and bigger house, new cars... and all that in months! 
I was a couple of years younger, so wars didn't catch me, but I know many people who went to war and I heard incredible stories from first hand... there's no explanation for this, some people are just garbage, in peace and in war, and you have those people everywhere around!

It's going like this, the first units that enter the populated place are special units, they are taking really valuable stuff, gold, and golden coins, hard cash... stuff like that, small but valuable! They are also cleaning the place, killing/raping/hardcore stuff, those guys are usually crazy! Many of them got into some really serious organized crime after the war! Ordinary soldiers comes in later, they are taking what's left! TV's, tools, clothes...

Activity: 1386
Merit: 107
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 29, 2022, 03:15:41 AM
Russian oil and gas will definitely dry up someday, but it takes a long time to get there...

what's interesting is that even though russian gas/oil will dry up but as you said yourself, they still have nuclear and also wheat which is one of their strengths. Russia is not a small country, their area is very large, so economic sanctions alone will not have a significant impact on them, the world needs something big to stop the Russian invasion to ukraine.
The sanctions imposed by western countries on Russia have no significant effect because the country with the strongest economy namely China is on the side of Russia. imposing economic sanctions on russia is tantamount to suicide because russia supplies most of the energy in europe. true, it takes something big to stop the russian invasion of ukraine because economic sanctions and using weapons is not the right way to stop the russian invasion of ukraine.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
April 28, 2022, 11:11:18 PM
only the weak die in the rice without hitting the hand. If you want to kill someone who has a sword in his hand, he will snatch the rice from you.
Now that's an interesting saying, one I've never heard before.  I'll confess I don't know exactly what it means, but perhaps there's some language barrier preventing me from understanding.  However, I think I get the general gist of what you mean.

how realistic is it if the West thinks that Russia will continue to weaken the economy by quietly imposing sanctions on this huge military power?
I have no idea, and I seriously doubt any of the western countries imposing these sanctions know either.  I'm guessing that they think it's their best course of action, because what else can they do?  Start a war with Russia?  Germany in the WWII era didn't have nuclear capability, so after WWI everyone felt free to fuck with them at will.  That isn't the case with Russia in 2022; if the US, UK, or any other nation who wants to help Ukraine flexed their military might, what do you think Putin would do?  

And that's the question Ukraine's allies are asking themselves, too.  I've been hearing innuendo about Putin's mental state, but frankly I never know what to believe with news outlets from any country--there's so much propaganda it's ridiculous.  I do know that no country wants to pick a fight with a country that has the power to obliterate half the globe or more.  That's why everyone is starting with sanctions.

Why there are so many footages that shows how bad Russians are, and not a single independent Russian social media show how Ukrainians act during that war?
That's a question I've been asking myself lately, although I know the answer--the media in the US is basically controlled by the government, and they don't want to present this issue with opposing viewpoints, only anti-Russian ones.  On the other hand, I haven't been seeing anything negative about Russian citizens, only Putin and the military.  But yeah, I have no idea what, if anything, Ukraine is doing wrong in this conflict because that's all censored. 
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
April 28, 2022, 05:21:11 PM
I believe their greatest wealth is their nukes to be fair, without them, nobody could care about Russia and they would be the mockery of the world by now, the only reason they are still taken seriously is their nukes, get them out and Russia wouldn't be more than some poor third world nation.

However, their biggest export is oil/gas and interestingly wheat as well. Those three things cover for majority of their exports and actually majority of their income as well since they do not really have too many companies that work with other nations and bring in a ton of money. Oil is something that could end, there is a limit to how much you would have, which means unless they take precautions, they are going to run dry one day eventually.
Russian oil and gas will definitely dry up someday, but it takes a long time to get there...

what's interesting is that even though russian gas/oil will dry up but as you said yourself, they still have nuclear and also wheat which is one of their strengths. Russia is not a small country, their area is very large, so economic sanctions alone will not have a significant impact on them, the world needs something big to stop the Russian invasion to ukraine.
Pages:
Jump to: