Pages:
Author

Topic: Sanction isn't the right option - page 8. (Read 2658 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
April 28, 2022, 01:19:43 PM
other countries do not make peace but make things worse, by giving weapons to Ukraine, and imposing sanctions on Russia, actually it is not Russia that feels the impact of these sanctions, but other countries, especially my country since sanctions were imposed on Russia, all staple foods in my country have gone up doubled, oil also doubled, when will all this end??
no one knows when this war will ended , so far there is no real result of negotiations between Ukrania and Russia, and meanwhile make everthing getting worse by its sanctions or weapon supply. each party must realized this war will sacrifice alot old and child and so ne countries should be mediator or mediator.
War will make the country poor, not only for the two disputing countries but its effects will be felt in other countries. If the war continued then things would only get worse, and it was felt even before this happened. If we only rely on the awareness of the two countries that are heating up, I don't think it will come to a meeting point and will never even happen. I hope this will end soon, because many will be victims and many have already been. Otherwise I can't imagine what the worst effect would be.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
April 28, 2022, 10:12:48 AM
other countries do not make peace but make things worse, by giving weapons to Ukraine, and imposing sanctions on Russia, actually it is not Russia that feels the impact of these sanctions, but other countries, especially my country since sanctions were imposed on Russia, all staple foods in my country have gone up doubled, oil also doubled, when will all this end??
no one knows when this war will ended , so far there is no real result of negotiations between Ukrania and Russia, and meanwhile make everthing getting worse by its sanctions or weapon supply. each party must realized this war will sacrifice alot old and child and so ne countries should be mediator or mediator.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
April 28, 2022, 06:19:17 AM
Russia's greatest wealth is their oil and gas...

Russia today is not like the former Uni Soviet, which was a superpower but Russia is the most important country in Europe and its surroundings because it is the largest supplier of gas and oil there, so when the western and US sanctions were given, they had absolutely another way not to be pressured by the sanctions. I'm not sure a ceasefire agreement will come soon, Russia has shown an attitude to keep in the war.
I believe their greatest wealth is their nukes to be fair, without them, nobody could care about Russia and they would be the mockery of the world by now, the only reason they are still taken seriously is their nukes, get them out and Russia wouldn't be more than some poor third world nation.

However, their biggest export is oil/gas and interestingly wheat as well. Those three things cover for majority of their exports and actually majority of their income as well since they do not really have too many companies that work with other nations and bring in a ton of money. Oil is something that could end, there is a limit to how much you would have, which means unless they take precautions, they are going to run dry one day eventually.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
April 28, 2022, 04:55:50 AM
More than half a trillion dollars worth of assets has been frozen by the international community on the currency and property of Russia and its elite. I consider it absolutely fair that these funds be transferred to Ukraine to restore its economy. This would greatly deter such aggressors in the future and encourage his people to restrain their maddened gangsters.

How can you separate frozen funds of Russian citizen, that did not vote for Putin on election, from those who did? Or a guy, who has Russian passport, lives and works abroad, does not care about Russian government at all, but has his funds also frozen. You are judging whole nation for deeds of several persons.

I can do that also. When I was a kid, other kid at kinder garden took my toy car. This kids grand-grand-grand-grand father has Ukrainian roots. I think I would blame all Ukrainians after this.

who are in Russia and who, in telephone conversations, still order what clothes, household appliances or other property to bring from the houses of the robbed houses of Ukrainians.

I find it hard to believe, that when you are at war and on enemy territory, you steal led tv or t-shirt and send it home. Where did these troops keep all this stuff? In tanks?
Now the entire Russian people, given their great support for Putin's actions, are attacking the Ukrainians. Understand correctly: now the civilians of Ukraine are under constant fire. Russia can and does shell any point on Ukrainian territory, targeting civilian infrastructure. Let them figure out for themselves in Russia which of them is more to blame and who is less. But there are no broad public protests. That they are afraid of their chosen ruler is also their fault. They themselves elect their officials and determine their own terms of reference. If they do not control them, that is also their fault. No one has the right to interfere in their internal affairs, and therefore they themselves are responsible for their politicians and leaders.
Inaction, tacit consent, the execution of a criminal order - this is also a crime. When the Russian army captured the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea in 2014, everyone just clapped their hands. The condemnation of such an act of aggression was rare and isolated. Therefore, selective punishment in this case is simply impossible. In Russia, its people and all the people must be held accountable for the ongoing genocide of Ukrainians.

Write that I judge the cases of several people? So take them out, what's the problem? Approximately 170,000 Russian soldiers have invaded Ukraine, and they are all shooting at Ukrainians. Well, it's not a few anymore. And even more of those who provide them with weapons, fuel, ammunition, shoot from the territory of Russia and Belarus, submarines and strategic bombers. No, the entire Russian people are now waging an aggressive war against Ukraine. And all the people must answer, if only because there is no mechanism to determine who is more to blame and who is less. The punishment should be such that for many generations they remember and tell their children and grandchildren that attacking peaceful neighboring peoples is a disaster for the attackers themselves.

As for the loot, on social networks you can see how Russian soldiers are transporting refrigerators, carpets, toilets directly on tanks, armored vehicles. Can you imagine, even toilet bowls are taken away from houses. For them, it is generally surprising that a toilet can be right in a private house. After all, they serve in the army from the deep Russian hinterland, where civilization has not yet reached them. And it was they who invaded Ukraine to rescue Ukrainians from someone.

My fathers grandparents moved from Russia to other country. In our family, we speak Russian (plus most of us know two more languages, including national language), some members of our family has "Russian" against nationality line in passport. Basically I am Russian. With your posts, you call people to blame me. Fair ? You say "everyone must answer".

You say Russians are marauders. What about Ukrainians, tided to lanterns for being marauders? Or they are Russians? Then why they are dressed in civilian and not captured?
Why there are so many footages that shows how bad Russians are, and not a single independent Russian social media show how Ukrainians act during that war?

Look, I am not supporting this so called military operation, neither support any side. My position is - everything should ne solved through negotiations.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
April 27, 2022, 02:48:44 PM
If the sanctions are imposed on developing countries or small countries of course it will work,
but in the current case where it refers to Russia I don't think it will matter considering Russia is a big country with a lot of resources,
Regardless of all that, I really hope that both countries can resolve it through diplomacy or non-violent means
Russia's greatest wealth is their oil and gas...

Russia today is not like the former Uni Soviet, which was a superpower but Russia is the most important country in Europe and its surroundings because it is the largest supplier of gas and oil there, so when the western and US sanctions were given, they had absolutely another way not to be pressured by the sanctions. I'm not sure a ceasefire agreement will come soon, Russia has shown an attitude to keep in the war.
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
April 27, 2022, 10:06:00 AM
More than half a trillion dollars worth of assets has been frozen by the international community on the currency and property of Russia and its elite. I consider it absolutely fair that these funds be transferred to Ukraine to restore its economy. This would greatly deter such aggressors in the future and encourage his people to restrain their maddened gangsters.

How can you separate frozen funds of Russian citizen, that did not vote for Putin on election, from those who did? Or a guy, who has Russian passport, lives and works abroad, does not care about Russian government at all, but has his funds also frozen. You are judging whole nation for deeds of several persons.

I can do that also. When I was a kid, other kid at kinder garden took my toy car. This kids grand-grand-grand-grand father has Ukrainian roots. I think I would blame all Ukrainians after this.

who are in Russia and who, in telephone conversations, still order what clothes, household appliances or other property to bring from the houses of the robbed houses of Ukrainians.

I find it hard to believe, that when you are at war and on enemy territory, you steal led tv or t-shirt and send it home. Where did these troops keep all this stuff? In tanks?
Now the entire Russian people, given their great support for Putin's actions, are attacking the Ukrainians. Understand correctly: now the civilians of Ukraine are under constant fire. Russia can and does shell any point on Ukrainian territory, targeting civilian infrastructure. Let them figure out for themselves in Russia which of them is more to blame and who is less. But there are no broad public protests. That they are afraid of their chosen ruler is also their fault. They themselves elect their officials and determine their own terms of reference. If they do not control them, that is also their fault. No one has the right to interfere in their internal affairs, and therefore they themselves are responsible for their politicians and leaders.
Inaction, tacit consent, the execution of a criminal order - this is also a crime. When the Russian army captured the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea in 2014, everyone just clapped their hands. The condemnation of such an act of aggression was rare and isolated. Therefore, selective punishment in this case is simply impossible. In Russia, its people and all the people must be held accountable for the ongoing genocide of Ukrainians.

Write that I judge the cases of several people? So take them out, what's the problem? Approximately 170,000 Russian soldiers have invaded Ukraine, and they are all shooting at Ukrainians. Well, it's not a few anymore. And even more of those who provide them with weapons, fuel, ammunition, shoot from the territory of Russia and Belarus, submarines and strategic bombers. No, the entire Russian people are now waging an aggressive war against Ukraine. And all the people must answer, if only because there is no mechanism to determine who is more to blame and who is less. The punishment should be such that for many generations they remember and tell their children and grandchildren that attacking peaceful neighboring peoples is a disaster for the attackers themselves.

As for the loot, on social networks you can see how Russian soldiers are transporting refrigerators, carpets, toilets directly on tanks, armored vehicles. Can you imagine, even toilet bowls are taken away from houses. For them, it is generally surprising that a toilet can be right in a private house. After all, they serve in the army from the deep Russian hinterland, where civilization has not yet reached them. And it was they who invaded Ukraine to rescue Ukrainians from someone.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 547
Rollbit
April 27, 2022, 07:38:44 AM
Will sanctions revive the lost souls in the Ukraine war? Even if properties can be bought, what about pain and agony and war trauma? The USA and the Western world are those that are escalating the war to the present stage. giving weapons to Ukraine to stand and fight a war they may not possibly win should it happens to them instead of toiling the part of the peace
Of course not and even the sanctions imposed by European countries and the United States on Russia don't seem to mean much,
I think diplomacy is a better way than imposing sanctions, but even so, diplomacy doesn't run smoothly.
humanity is more important and hope this war can end soon

Good observations lol.
We won't gonna expect this war to end early when nations are donating weapons to Ukraine to defend themselves and Russian sanctions continued. I guess it's not actually the Russian people who were affected by these sanctions, but the 3rd world countries the most. Oil price rallied almost double it's price, and of course the products would skyrocket as well since they are all dependent on oil prices.
copper member
Activity: 2058
Merit: 900
White Russian
April 27, 2022, 06:29:10 AM
The current sanctions against Russia are a fantastic miscalculation of the West. Two months later, they are not felt at all at the household level, it seems that the prices for everything in stores have even decreased. I don't know, so far the only change I've noticed is that ApplePay stopped working on my iPhone (I have to take my card out of my wallet to pay) and the image hosting that I used to embed an image on bitcointalk stopped working. Maybe I need to wait another six months or a year to feel some kind of effect? In 2014, after the annexation of Crimea, the sanctions were much more painful, now it can hardly even be called some kind of discomfort.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
April 27, 2022, 05:37:35 AM
Will sanctions revive the lost souls in the Ukraine war? Even if properties can be bought, what about pain and agony and war trauma? The USA and the Western world are those that are escalating the war to the present stage. giving weapons to Ukraine to stand and fight a war they may not possibly win should it happens to them instead of toiling the part of the peace
Of course not and even the sanctions imposed by European countries and the United States on Russia don't seem to mean much,
I think diplomacy is a better way than imposing sanctions, but even so, diplomacy doesn't run smoothly.
humanity is more important and hope this war can end soon
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
April 27, 2022, 05:03:39 AM

Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
April 26, 2022, 01:29:24 PM
I think sanctions will make a lot of people suffer, those who don't agree with the war of course accept the consequences so this is a mistake, many things can be done to stop the war, and the most common thing is dialogue to find the best solution, if the war has already happened you should not It's easy to give sanctions because there will be many problems that follow.
Russian troops, on the orders of Putin, are now purposefully destroying the economy of Ukraine. They shoot at residential buildings, schools, hospitals, factories, they shoot directly at civilians, women, old people and children. Sitting in a warm room watching TV or a laptop, it's easy to talk about unfair sanctions that could affect "innocent" people in Russia. Tell about this in Ukraine to those who are in the basements of settlements under constant shelling by Russian artillery and multiple launch rocket systems, without food and water, who are dying under the rubble and forced to sleep there with the corpses of their dead relatives.

There are no innocent people in Russia in this tragedy in Ukraine. After all, it is not Putin who personally robs, kills and rapes the inhabitants of Ukraine. This is done by the husbands, fathers and brothers of those "innocent" who are in Russia and who, in telephone conversations, still order what clothes, household appliances or other property to bring from the houses of the robbed houses of Ukrainians. Recently, the wife of a Russian occupier told her husband in a telephone conversation: "You rape Ukrainian women there, just don't tell me. The main thing is to protect yourself."

Do you know that more than 80 percent of Russians now support the war unleashed by Russia in Ukraine and the killing of Ukrainians? So who is innocent? And how can the state machine of war be weakened so that all the people of this state do not suffer? The current sanctions, of course, are not very effective. As long as the "innocent" around the world pay $1.4 billion a day for Russian oil and gas to Russia, which is used to wage war, the effect of the sanctions will not be quick. However, even with this, even with the current sanctions in a year or two, the effect will be very noticeable.

Activity: 1904
Merit: 540
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
April 26, 2022, 07:49:02 AM
Until now, I see that the sanctions imposed on Russia are not really effective in making Russia want to make peace with Ukraine, so I think sanctions are not the right option. There is a need for deeper communication between the two countries about this war because its effects on the economies of neighboring countries are really impactful, especially those that are dependent on oil and gas from Russia.
It can be said that Russia is a very strong country, even though many countries have imposed sanctions on Russia, but Russia continues to inflate Ukraine, until now Russia is still attacking Ukraine, the sanctions given to Russia are not appropriate, because other countries those who feel the impact of the sanctions, such as in my country, now oil is very expensive, and the price of Pertamax has soared, I just pray that the war between the two countries will end soon.
They are definitely a strong nation there is no doubting that, however they are not a "good" nation. Like for example, if you are talking against the war in a public place, you will be jailed, maybe you will stay there or maybe you will be warned and let go I do not know the rest, but I know for a fact that if you talk about the Ukraine war in a bad light, they take you away, what happens next is beyond me.

This is more than enough to show that they are not a good nation at all, they are a very bad nation to live in, I wouldn't want to be in Russia right now. All in all we just have to face the fact that some bad nations could grow strong over time.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
April 25, 2022, 07:58:11 PM
Sanctions is the only thing that can be done  to Russia,  US should do beyond sanctions like physical combating it will lead to world war 3, this will affect so many innocent countries. Things will will be so difficult now the world is facing serious high inflation,  so I think sanctions are the best for Russia.
True .. there are no much options to take . Not the very perfect one , but the best one and sanctions is the most neutral thing they could do to show how justice must be done ( but still they had the double standard though which become an endless debate )
The world are sick .. covid19 have not finished yet and other global problem started.

What a year it is to tell to our grandchildren. An apocalyptic getting near , a total destruction getting near .. wish it wont happened very soon.
Activity: 318
Merit: 10
April 25, 2022, 06:11:28 PM
It will be interesting to see the result of sanctions against Russia in a few months. What else can you refuse? Take a shower, wash your face, drive a car, dine in a restaurant? Great! I will never understand why sanctions are needed if members of the government cannot work normally. All problems can be solved through negotiations. This means that it is beneficial to countries that promote sanctions against people.
Activity: 798
Merit: 34
April 25, 2022, 06:00:02 PM
Sanctions is the only thing that can be done  to Russia,  US should do beyond sanctions like physical combating it will lead to world war 3, this will affect so many innocent countries. Things will will be so difficult now the world is facing serious high inflation,  so I think sanctions are the best for Russia.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
April 22, 2022, 03:52:02 PM
Until now, I see that the sanctions imposed on Russia are not really effective in making Russia want to make peace with Ukraine, so I think sanctions are not the right option. There is a need for deeper communication between the two countries about this war because its effects on the economies of neighboring countries are really impactful, especially those that are dependent on oil and gas from Russia.
It can be said that Russia is a very strong country, even though many countries have imposed sanctions on Russia, but Russia continues to inflate Ukraine, until now Russia is still attacking Ukraine, the sanctions given to Russia are not appropriate, because other countries those who feel the impact of the sanctions, such as in my country, now oil is very expensive, and the price of Pertamax has soared, I just pray that the war between the two countries will end soon.

Russia is a very  rich country, Russia has build its economy very well long time ago that it can't easily dwindle and the invasion of Ukraine by Russia was not a recent plan. Russia has been planning to face a war with Ukraine for a very long time,  that is why they are untouched with all the sanctions giving to them by different countries, with all the sanctions are not ready to give up on the war.
Russia really prepared everything well and such is the fact that it is happening right now,
with what has happened so far I think there is no way for Ukraine to win this war,
doesn't mean I support this war and I still hope this war can end soon
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
April 22, 2022, 03:43:07 PM
I'm not siding with the Nazis, but what makes me proud is that the Nazis rose to control the government parliament and after that the Nazi leaders were able to lead Germany. due to the defeat of world war 1, the nazis again carried out world war 2 which finally hitler was judged by nature, there are references that hitler committed suicide. Russia invaded Ukraine for logical reasons. Russia does not want NATO to be a threat to its country. And speaking of economic sanctions, Russia can overcome them.

Everything is fine, everything is wonderful. Only one caveat - and you are not very worried about one simple chronological fact. It sounds like this: Ukraine filed a decision and request for POSSIBLE entry into NATO AFTER the start of Russian aggression against Ukraine, which began in 2014? Just think, your chronology suffers, and because of this, logical conclusions and thoughts, as a result Smiley

And one more thing - listen to the speeches of the Russian elite in 2013-2014, about their plans for Ukraine. Was there something about NATO? No, it was only about some kind of "new Russia", "Russian world", and "destroy Ukraine". All this is available in open sources in the form of archives of speeches, newspapers, media, videos ...

Activity: 700
Merit: 102
April 22, 2022, 03:27:37 PM
I'm not siding with the Nazis, but what makes me proud is that the Nazis rose to control the government parliament and after that the Nazi leaders were able to lead Germany. due to the defeat of world war 1, the nazis again carried out world war 2 which finally hitler was judged by nature, there are references that hitler committed suicide. Russia invaded Ukraine for logical reasons. Russia does not want NATO to be a threat to its country. And speaking of economic sanctions, Russia can overcome them.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
April 22, 2022, 11:36:54 AM

Russia is a very  rich country, Russia has build its economy very well long time ago that it can't easily dwindle and the invasion of Ukraine by Russia was not a recent plan. Russia has been planning to face a war with Ukraine for a very long time,  that is why they are untouched with all the sanctions giving to them by different countries, with all the sanctions are not ready to give up on the war.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
April 22, 2022, 11:03:28 AM
Pages:
Jump to: