Pages:
Author

Topic: Sanction isn't the right option - page 9. (Read 2658 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 288
Cashback 15%
April 22, 2022, 10:35:34 AM
Yes it's going to be the right option but the only problem is that Russia is not Germany so they won't easily bend with this economic sanctions, this is actually much better because the sanctions have started early so as to make sure that the war can't last for a really long time. The only problem with this is the innocent people of Russia will be a collateral damage unless they revolt which the Russians are really good at.
Dialogue will be the best option, both Russia, Ukraine, EU and US will all feel the negative impact, so why not just make peace reign instead of sanctions here and there, Russia is also sanctioning them too, right now Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told the World Bank and the IMF that his country has already suffered more than half a trillion dollars’ worth of damage and needs billions in aid every month just to stay afloat, just imagine if the war still continues without dialogue
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 22, 2022, 09:16:42 AM
The only probelm with Russia might be :
- Being pushed to the side they might try and use Nuclear weapons
- They are already thinking of using chemical agents on the people

Therefore other than that :
- Sanctions are going to cut off the economic supply to Russia and indirectly cut off all the money that's going to the war
- I understand it's causing probelms with the people living here but at the same time it's super essential to do to show that everyone is United and supporting Ukraine
- without sanctions they cannot stop the fight, funding and there would be no basis for talks as well.
Yes sanctions can change their economy only sanctions can stop war I think no alternative way to stop the war so everyone should make a very good economic system.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
April 22, 2022, 03:11:05 AM
I've just read, that Ukraine proposed to used arrested property and funds, that got under sanctions, to spend on rebuilding destroyed cities and infrastructure. What do you think about that? That looks fair on one hand, but on the other innocent are being punished again. Russia can perform same, and nationalize everything that is created by foreigners. Again innocent are under hit.
legendary
April 20, 2022, 03:02:55 AM
If someone say sanctions is the right option, I suggest them to open Russia Ruble price to EUR or USD graph. It price has returned to pre war value. I see lots of brands left Russian market, but I see no life-drama complaints about it. I see no people in tears, due to Coca-Cola or McDonalds left. But what I see is that in my countries prices has gone up, not doubled, but extremely up. I am even limited to withdrawing cash from ATM, both daily and monthly limits are lowered...

But why would you look at the currency market as a validation for sanctions. There is almost no more trading going on. European and American banks have stopped to accept rubles or convert them. Russia has no real access to Dollars and Euros anymore. They have a lot of reserves in foreign banks, but can't access them anymore. There is no buy or selling going. That's why the currency markets don't give a real price for the Ruble. This is also why Russia is getting downgraded to partial default by the rating agency. They need to make interest payments of their bonds in dollars, but they have no access to it. They try to pay them in ruble, but not getting accepted. It's also why Russia wants gas payments in ruble and not euros or dollars. As long as sanctions hit people close to Putin and reduce the military spending its good, but if the sanctions only hit the average citizen it's not helpful I think.

There are few huge companies left to trade with, so I think EUR and USD acceptance is not a big problem. Besides, I know that Russia has enormous gold reserves in banks. In case they will be really short in currency, they might use that reserve.

I know that under current contract, my country still pay in Euros for Russian gas. I know that my country has refused to use and buy Russian petrol/oil aka used sanction option. But, "we" buy foreign petrol, mix it with Russian, making final substance to consist of 49% of Russian petrol and in the end get "Non-Russian-petrol". Can you believe in that? If we cheat with that, then I am sure someone else does same with sanctions. Everyone announce out loud they leave Russian market, but "keep a foot in door" just in case...
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
April 19, 2022, 11:57:18 PM
I think sanctions will make a lot of people suffer, those who don't agree with the war of course accept the consequences so this is a mistake, many things can be done to stop the war, and the most common thing is dialogue to find the best solution, if the war has already happened you should not It's easy to give sanctions because there will be many problems that follow.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
April 19, 2022, 06:08:36 PM
Until now, I see that the sanctions imposed on Russia are not really effective in making Russia want to make peace with Ukraine, so I think sanctions are not the right option. There is a need for deeper communication between the two countries about this war because its effects on the economies of neighboring countries are really impactful, especially those that are dependent on oil and gas from Russia.

perhaps nowhere is it said publicly, but the purpose of the sanctions is to make life difficult for the common people in Russia. they have been denied many things and over time, they should slowly deny support for Putin. Losing such support could weaken Putin's position. Unfortunately, this can be a very long process, in the meantime, big damage will be done.
Activity: 980
Merit: 364
April 19, 2022, 05:08:05 PM
Until now, I see that the sanctions imposed on Russia are not really effective in making Russia want to make peace with Ukraine, so I think sanctions are not the right option. There is a need for deeper communication between the two countries about this war because its effects on the economies of neighboring countries are really impactful, especially those that are dependent on oil and gas from Russia.
Activity: 318
Merit: 10
April 19, 2022, 03:18:42 PM
If someone say sanctions is the right option, I suggest them to open Russia Ruble price to EUR or USD graph. It price has returned to pre war value. I see lots of brands left Russian market, but I see no life-drama complaints about it. I see no people in tears, due to Coca-Cola or McDonalds left. But what I see is that in my countries prices has gone up, not doubled, but extremely up. I am even limited to withdrawing cash from ATM, both daily and monthly limits are lowered...

But why would you look at the currency market as a validation for sanctions. There is almost no more trading going on. European and American banks have stopped to accept rubles or convert them. Russia has no real access to Dollars and Euros anymore. They have a lot of reserves in foreign banks, but can't access them anymore. There is no buy or selling going. That's why the currency markets don't give a real price for the Ruble. This is also why Russia is getting downgraded to partial default by the rating agency. They need to make interest payments of their bonds in dollars, but they have no access to it. They try to pay them in ruble, but not getting accepted. It's also why Russia wants gas payments in ruble and not euros or dollars. As long as sanctions hit people close to Putin and reduce the military spending its good, but if the sanctions only hit the average citizen it's not helpful I think.

Russia do not have lot of reserve in USD or EURO. They have already converted most of their USD to gold assuming this sanction from the west. Heard a news that Russia will fix  ruble price against gold and all the country has to pay in ruble or gold. Ruble already recovered from 50% correction and now it is going to be much stronger. As long as West doesn't have any other alternative than Russia for their energy sectors rubles will not fall any more if west force to pay in ruble or gold.

This sanction game proved to be a massive failure against Russia till now.

I agree with you. who decides for all people how much money they receive and how to feed their families. If this is a government that is designed to protect people and create comfortable living conditions for them, then why is this not happening today? How did it happen that strangers from another country decide for me what I have for breakfast or lunch? Why are sanctions imposed that harm my family? I can't understand it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 19
KUWA.ai
April 19, 2022, 09:35:08 AM

Russia do not have lot of reserve in USD or EURO. They have already converted most of their USD to gold assuming this sanction from the west. Heard a news that Russia will fix  ruble price against gold and all the country has to pay in ruble or gold. Ruble already recovered from 50% correction and now it is going to be much stronger. As long as West doesn't have any other alternative than Russia for their energy sectors rubles will not fall any more if west force to pay in ruble or gold.

This sanction game proved to be a massive failure against Russia till now.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
April 19, 2022, 09:22:54 AM

legendary
April 19, 2022, 06:07:34 AM
Activity: 1568
COMBONetwork
April 19, 2022, 05:15:07 AM

Sanctions are a way to destroy or weaken a country's economy. Now we are seeing how our habitual existence is changing. I think that if after the imposed sanctions the country has not changed its course, it means they are not working. Maybe it makes sense to change tactics and try to solve the issue in a different way? What will be next? Strengthening sanctions or lifting them?
If the sanctions are imposed on developing countries or small countries of course it will work,
but in the current case where it refers to Russia I don't think it will matter considering Russia is a big country with a lot of resources,
Regardless of all that, I really hope that both countries can resolve it through diplomacy or non-violent means
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
April 18, 2022, 06:55:42 PM

Sanctions are a way to destroy or weaken a country's economy. Now we are seeing how our habitual existence is changing. I think that if after the imposed sanctions the country has not changed its course, it means they are not working. Maybe it makes sense to change tactics and try to solve the issue in a different way? What will be next? Strengthening sanctions or lifting them?
You cant say that it wasnt working yet we arent really still able to see if they are really secretly been affected with the current sanctions if we do talk about Russia country considering that they have launched some

invasive attack or war against UK.We've seen on how other countries and services did really made out some sanctions towards it but we cant really deny that they've been hanging up despite of the condition.
Basically means that they had prepared out for such condition or scenario since the leader of that country already knows on what or on how to handle up such situation.
Activity: 658
April 18, 2022, 04:53:04 PM

Activity: 657
Merit: 102
April 18, 2022, 05:14:56 AM
(...)
Although undesirable, we should also accept the fact that such factors affect society to help people progress and develop more, it may take time to change negative issues until people realize their own mistakes in their own lives. I was born and raised since the country went through the invasion and the period of economic development. What I felt until now, looking back on all that has happened, is that it is still a matter of control. Controlling interests brings different sides. Maybe we are living in a peaceful time, but looking back at how the big countries have treated us, they invade, control, and limit our business economy. But that also can't prevent a person's learning, obligations, and rights. Our leader expressed the view that a country that cannot shoulder everything on its own but depends on someone for a good future cannot have freedom.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!
April 18, 2022, 04:03:20 AM
Russia for many years does not allow its neighboring countries to live in peace, the multiple military conflicts listed in this topic are proof of this. And what is happening now in Ukraine is very reminiscent of what happened in Finland in 1939, russia also "saved the working class", but as it turned out, no one needed its salvation and 3 millionth Finland was able to adequately rebuff the aggressor. Because the Finnish people rallied, they defended their land and their homes, as the Ukrainians do now. Finland also received assistance from the European countries of the allies.

There are many parallels with that war, but russia does not draw any conclusions, a blind desire to revive an unnecessary empire will collapse every time. People who fight for their land, protect their homes will always win. Occupiers who come to a foreign land to loot, kill civilians and destroy their homes will always loose. Because ordinary people will join the army and it will already be a guerrilla war. The outcome of the russian-Ukrainian war has already been determined - this is the failure of all plans of russia. And now they want chop off at least a piece of land in order to frame it as a victory, but I’m not sure they will even that succeed.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
April 18, 2022, 03:19:02 AM
Will sanctions revive the lost souls in the Ukraine war? Even if properties can be bought, what about pain and agony and war trauma? The USA and the Western world are those that are escalating the war to the present stage. giving weapons to Ukraine to stand and fight a war they may not possibly win should it happens to them instead of toiling the part of the peace
Putin does not accept any other conditions from Ukraine, other than its complete surrender, the renunciation of a large part of its territories, and the virtual loss of its sovereignty. The Russian military is now massively killing civilians in Ukraine, in fact, having arranged the genocide of the Ukrainian people. Therefore, the Ukrainians have no other way out than to defend their freedom and independence with arms in hand, no matter how hard the price is.
With the help of weapons donated by other countries, the Armed Forces of Ukraine have already inflicted a crushing military defeat on the occupiers, so Ukraine's position is correct.

The current aggression of Russia became possible due to the insufficient rebuff of civilized states to Putin's aggressive plans earlier, when he attacked Georgia in 2008, Moldova and Ukraine in 2014. If Ukraine were now occupied by Russia, Putin would not stop there and went to the Baltic countries and Poland. Tough sanctions against Russia, this is the mildest response of civilized states in this case.

In fact, it was more correct in such cases to send international military rapid reaction forces to the aggressor country. Then there would have been a sharp decrease in those wishing to unleash such wars of conquest.
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
April 16, 2022, 09:47:14 AM
I am just asking isn't there is any other alternative that we can use to punish Russia instead of putting sanctions on them. Right now Russian people don't support war with Ukraine but if they lose their economy they might hate the west as well.

Why do you think we instill punishment, just in other for the wronged side to receive adequate consequence of it wrong doing and when punishing someone you instill pain and hardship on such entity so as to regret taken such a wrong step, in the case of Russia, sanction is the only way the world could punish Russia except if they will engage on a III world war but what i think should be better in place is for Putin himself to face the consequences by the raised petitions against him for trial.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
April 15, 2022, 01:45:38 PM
Okay, let's look at this story in terms of the chronology of events:

I'm all for it ! Let's ! Smiley

Well then, questions to which I want to hear the answers !

1. Well, what is the list of events? Specify specifically which of these events is the fact that Ukraine filed a request to join NATO?

I will slightly dilute this list with such a fact that for some reason you decided to "forget:
- 03/07/2000 Sunday and. about. Russian President Vladimir Putin made a loud statement. In an interview with the BBC, he said that he did not rule out the possibility of Russia joining NATO. Putin said that in 2000 Russia could join NATO. In 2000, during the visit of Bill Clinton, Putin personally made a request to accept Russia into NATO.

So my question is - does this mean "NATO threat to the Russian Federation" is a fake? Or if the Russian Federation is in NATO, then it’s not a threat, but if Ukraine, in 2022, then a threat? Smiley

2. The fact that you sent a lot of text does not mean that you have proven something ... An attempt to simply shower with low-value events that do not confirm Ukraine's ENTRY into NATO BEFORE the Russian aggression, nothing more. Remember - the effectiveness of the work is not measured by the time spent, or the number of characters, it is measured by efficiency. So here the efficiency is 0 Smiley

But I appreciated your attempt and I have further questions:
3. Why do you have such a selective or "leaky memory"? Well, let's go through the CHRONOLOGY, taking into account other events, shall we? For example, in 2003 - the incident on Tuzla Island, when the Russian Federation once again showed aggression and tried to seize Ukrainian territory? Forgot, correct - enter!

And why is there no attack on Ukraine and the seizure of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea in the list in 2014?

And where is Russia's attempt to seize the southeastern regions of Ukraine? Well, what happened to the chronology?

4. And where did the events go, where Russia was the initiator of many military conflicts with the countries of the ex-USSR?
Where the Russian Federation either provoked military conflicts or supported terrorist separatists. This will make the picture more complete. Can you help to collect these events ? Or are they like "nothing to do with"? These are full-fledged combat actions. I have not yet taken into account the various types of terrorist attacks carried out by the Russian Federation both inside and outside the Russian Federation.

- 1992 Ossetian-Ingush conflict, provoked and controlled by Russia
- 1992-1993 - Russia occupied Transnistria
- 1992-1993 - Russia provoked and supported the Abkhaz war
- 1994-1996 - The first Russian-Chechen war
- 1999 - Dagestan war
- 1999–2009 - Second Russian-Chechen war
- 2008 - Russian-Georgian war

The only thing I can admit is that Ukraine, realizing the futility of alliances with the Russian Federation (and this is the "merit" of the Russian Federation itself), was looking for new vectors for the development and restructuring of partnerships to strengthen defense capabilities, develop the economy, participate in more adequate unions than the Customs Union or the stillborn CIS. And what's wrong here?
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
April 12, 2022, 09:30:14 AM
I feel like sanctions may not be the most perfect solution, but at the same time what else could you do, what options do you have that could help you tell Russia to stop? Europe and the USA wanted to find a way to tell Russia to back off but they didn't know how to do that, which meant that they had one option which was sanctions. They could have attacked in a military way, but that would have resulted with a bloody and risky thing, remember most of these nations have nuclear programs as well.

So, sanctions was the mildest way to tell Russia to back of and stop attacking. I am sure if there was some other way they would have done that, but even this wasn't big enough to stop them anyway.
This time, sanctions were imposed on Russia, such as weapons for America and especially for European countries, where they cannot escape their dependence on buying oil and gas from Russia. here it is clear that Russia still holds the key and the sanctions seem to have disappeared because Russia is also cooperating with China, where we know China seems to dominate the world economy for now. and I agree that diplomacy with Russia and asking to stop the war is the best way, where if they attack Russia, there seems to be no economic return, it can even be said that they will suffer losses, apart from Russia having nuclear weapons.
Pages:
Jump to: