Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector - page 18. (Read 29077 times)

legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
January 20, 2015, 03:50:15 PM
I just wanted to point out that the clients that spoke up, did so by saying they are satisfied with the quality of your work and that they were presented with progress of work, but none have clarified what that was. As far as I understand it, the allegation in this thread is that the very fine details on the wood work are not hand made, but laser cut. Therefore, in this case the customer feedback isn't relevant to the topic. The photos of tools don't count as evidence because they only demonstrate that you own them, not how/if you use them.
So there is disagreement over evidence here, not that someone is hell bent with an agenda. Personally I think your pieces look great and I prefer imperfections, because that gives them character. No two pieces will be exactly alike.

Sorry, your right, glad IronMarvel cleared it up then.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10220254

There, now a client and soon clients will be telling it like it is. Still going to make some videos though, Maybe if Nubbins trust rating gets murdered enough he will leave mine alone.

What part of "customer feedback isn't relevant to the topic" do you not understand?  Stop responding until you have some proof otherwise you are just wasting your time.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2015, 03:49:04 PM
Wow this certainly blew up...and to think...I came this close to buying a dildo from this guy  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
January 20, 2015, 03:48:30 PM
That's a five-day-old account.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 20, 2015, 03:46:18 PM
I just wanted to point out that the clients that spoke up, did so by saying they are satisfied with the quality of your work and that they were presented with progress of work, but none have clarified what that was. As far as I understand it, the allegation in this thread is that the very fine details on the wood work are not hand made, but laser cut. Therefore, in this case the customer feedback isn't relevant to the topic. The photos of tools don't count as evidence because they only demonstrate that you own them, not how/if you use them.
So there is disagreement over evidence here, not that someone is hell bent with an agenda. Personally I think your pieces look great and I prefer imperfections, because that gives them character. No two pieces will be exactly alike.

Sorry, your right, glad IronMarvel cleared it up then.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10220254

There, now a client and soon clients will be telling it like it is. Still going to make some videos though, Maybe if Nubbins trust rating gets murdered enough he will leave mine alone.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 20, 2015, 03:37:35 PM
January 20, 2015, 03:34:31 PM
It's never nice when your life's work and integrity is put into question but lashing back so defensively doesn't really help either.

A simple video would clear everything up, put OP in his place, and make your business stronger than before.

Interested in seeing proof for this latest forum drama  Grin Grin *popcorn*

Normally yes, but even after being told by my clients that what i said is true, even after going on a picture taking expedition to satisfy his crap he still wants to defend his accusations. this is not a man who wants answers or the facts/truth, he has already been given both by myself and the people who actually buy the things i sell. No, he has made it clear that he just wants to have some fun and go on a smear campaign. So... Challenge accepted. Its not defensive. Its offensive for every other forum member out there who has suffered similar situations. When simple truths and facts are not enough to end the witch hunt. YOU HAVE TO HANG THE HUNTERS or they are going to keep at it until they run you off.

BTW there is no such thing as a simple video when it comes to wood carving. Do you really think by reading through his posts in this thread that if i would have went to the shop, carved a really small letter S or Q or whatever in a piece of wood to show it can be done and that i can do it that he would have stopped? After it was the text that was impossible, it would have been the micro fine lines that i do with a dental pick, after that it would be something else.

he asked for pictures, i gave pictures, he says "they look too new", i show a work in progress, he says "the shavings are not the same color" this really shows me how clueless he is as anybody who works with wood knows that  when you work with wood, it gets lighter, thats why people use things like tung oil or boiled linseed oil to put the color back in the wood. Hell even the people buying the wood told him "i have seen it, he is 100% legit" and he still carries on. No, No, this is the type of situation 100% where you hang the hunter. That is the only way he is going to stop. THEN and only then can things carry on as normal. Not sure if i will still do art pieces here in the future or not after all of this, but i am still here, and still going to be buying wood like a mad man.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2015, 03:16:10 PM
It's never nice when your life's work and integrity is put into question but lashing back so defensively doesn't really help either.

A simple video would clear everything up, put OP in his place, and make your business stronger than before.

Interested in seeing proof for this latest forum drama  Grin Grin *popcorn*
January 20, 2015, 03:10:24 PM
For anyone who missed it, all the video, photo evidence you will need to draw your conclusions can be found HERE over the coming weeks, the first video should be up within a day or so.

January 20, 2015, 03:08:54 PM
January 20, 2015, 03:04:21 PM
Does anyone disagree that the preponderance of evidence presented so far points to the intricate designs being laser cut?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
January 20, 2015, 02:56:55 PM
TECSHARE has it right, this thread sucks. I also think several of you do not understand what a trust system is and how it works.

Go back and read this post right here, where I first stumbled across the guy's work. I complimented it, as I did at the start of this thread.

I then expressed confusion about his pricing structure, to which he replied right here that he actually charges $3k/hr, but $18/hr is the special price for us. Imagine a $3k/hour artisan saying "fuck it, I'll do it for $18/hour, and just try a LOT LESS HARD".

This was obviously taking the piss (Special price on a hand-tailored suit, sir? Just for you...). Obviously. If anyone reading this believes that a man whose time is worth THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS AN HOUR is going to pick up a chisel for $18/hr, stop reading RIGHT NOW and kill yourself.

At this point, I suspected that if the guy was going to be so blatantly full of shit about how much money he makes, he's probably bullshitting about how much his wood costs, how long his pieces take to make, everything. A cursory examination of the circumstantial evidence (loans for tools, brand-new account but familiar with BFL, making drug paraphernalia on his lathe, etc) combined with the fact that his designs REALLY ARE ACTUALLY QUITE NICE (seriously) but the shapes he cuts out are ACTUALLY EMBARRASSINGLY POOR  (for a "master artisan"), combined with the fact that several laser engravers have chimed in to say that they believe the pieces are laser engraved, combined with the fact that the only surfaces not etched are the flat inner and outer edges that can't be lasered, lead me to the most obvious conclusion: that he's in fact a mediocre woodworker and a decent graphic designer, pretending that his laser-cut designs (literally the exact same as pressing "print" in photoshop) are somehow hand-carved.

Any master craftsman would have a portfolio of high-end work to show potential clients. Any craftsman who has been working for more than a few years is a fucking idiot if they don't have a portfolio of their high-end work, including process pictures. My threads are littered with them. But the best this guy can produce is this:

THE FUCKING WOOD CHIPS ARE NOT EVEN THE SAME COLOUR AS THE BLANK.

Christ, you people. I'm done.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2015, 02:30:11 PM
Regardless of how this turns out, this thread is sad. This forum has AIDS and its own immune system is eating it alive. Mobs are great fun, when you are holding a torch. Everyone is so thirsty for retribution no one is interested in facts. Soon it will be your turn.

agree, sad thing in the trust system is to be trustedm you must earn trust, which sometimes turns out to be a witch hunt , turns out to be "accusing someone wrong to make myself looks good" system
legendary
January 20, 2015, 02:28:19 PM
Regardless of how this turns out, this thread is sad. This forum has AIDS and its own immune system is eating it alive. Mobs are great fun, when you are holding a torch. Everyone is so thirsty for retribution no one is interested in facts. Soon it will be your turn.
This is precisely why I interjected, in an attempt to offer the simplest solution I could think of to this whole thing, before we find ourselves on page sixty in this thread with nothing productive having come out of it.

It should be pretty clear that the only productive outcome of this discussion would be the accused providing evidence of their abilities.  If that cannot occur then the thread will just be entertainment.
January 20, 2015, 02:25:37 PM
This is precisely why I interjected, in an attempt to offer the simplest solution I could think of to this whole thing, before we find ourselves on page sixty in this thread with nothing productive having come out of it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
January 20, 2015, 02:23:31 PM

Ignore lists and custom trust lists are a god send. Everybody should use them, makes the forum so much better.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
January 20, 2015, 02:22:31 PM
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
January 20, 2015, 02:20:58 PM
You could have made a video in the time you spent here flapping your gums about how proof isn't necessary and trying to get people promise to neg-rate me.

Nothing to see here but a scammer grasping at straws. Shame, because his laser etchings are really quite nice. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the video.

PROTIP FOR FORUM ENTREPRENEURS: this is a den of scams and your feet WILL be held to the flames if you smell funny. Don't try to misrepresent yourself and your business dealings!

Yes, because wood carving is so easy that everyone can just whip out a masterpiece in an hour. Some of my clients have been waiting over a month to get something done. Nubbins, your going to lose on this one, and as soon as smoothie accepts my terms, you are going to have egg on your face. Not I. You could have handled yourself in a more professional manner.

Nubbins isn't even in DefaultTrust. The only person that matters is bigbitz, who left you negative trust and is in DefaultTrust. People can say whatever they like about anyone here, Vod is constantly accused of being a child molester without evidence by some pissed off scammer, you can't stop people saying stuff, let him say whatever he wants it only matters if people actually listen.

No you are wrong , I think he is in the defaultTrust... his negative feedback against WoodCollector appears in the "Trusted feedback".

My apologies, I forgot I have a custom list. Well he's not trusted on my fixed trust list anyway Smiley
legendary
January 20, 2015, 02:20:46 PM
You could have made a video in the time you spent here flapping your gums about how proof isn't necessary and trying to get people promise to neg-rate me.

Nothing to see here but a scammer grasping at straws. Shame, because his laser etchings are really quite nice. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the video.

PROTIP FOR FORUM ENTREPRENEURS: this is a den of scams and your feet WILL be held to the flames if you smell funny. Don't try to misrepresent yourself and your business dealings!

Yes, because wood carving is so easy that everyone can just whip out a masterpiece in an hour. Some of my clients have been waiting over a month to get something done. Nubbins, your going to lose on this one, and as soon as smoothie accepts my terms, you are going to have egg on your face. Not I. You could have handled yourself in a more professional manner.

EDIT: or is it that you missed the part where my clients have already publicly told you that your claims are false as they, as paying clients, have seen the proof already? Do you really want to keep whipping a dead horse? i have no problem putting this to bed, either once smoothie agrees to my terms, our you realize you made a mistake and fix it. I am a reasonable man, are you?

Did you miss the part where all anyone is asking for is a little bit of proof that you are capable of producing the detail and accuracy you claim to be able to?  It would be as simple as carving "nubbins is a fool" into a piece of wood.

I never heard about your carving before today, but I have spent a lot of time cutting wood with an epiologe laser cutter.  I don't think any of the evidence so far is conclusive but your responses show that you find it unnecessary or difficult to produce proof.  Then you talk about nubbin's unprofessionalism?  He is just a person accusing you of being dishonest, you are supposed to be the professional, not him.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
January 20, 2015, 02:18:30 PM

Nubbins isn't even in DefaultTrust. The only person that matters is bigbitz, who left you negative trust and is in DefaultTrust. People can say whatever they like about anyone here, Vod is constantly accused of being a child molester without evidence by some pissed off scammer, you can't stop people saying stuff, let him say whatever he wants it only matters if people actually listen.

No you are wrong , I think he is in the defaultTrust... his negative feedback against WoodCollector appears in the "Trusted feedback".
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
January 20, 2015, 02:16:29 PM

I must say, this thread was an interesting read. WoodCollector I would recommend for you to just prove yourself once and for all (if you are indeed legitimate).
Pages:
Jump to: