Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 215. (Read 845582 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 05, 2017, 10:22:17 PM
That's what sacrifices were made for in the first place. The fear of an angry god that might kill them if they do not give him something. The word for it is oppression. That's what the gods and religion have always been and will always be, no matter how much they try to stick with science to gain some new credentials.

I'm guessing the OP is referring to Christianity? If so, Christianity does not fit the above quote. Christianity is God sending himself as Jesus to be a sacrifice that humans could never make since they are themselves sinful. As far as rules about how Christians live and what they do or don't do, that's more of a result of having been changed by God, not an attempt to earn God's favor since it can't be earned.

As for proving God's existence, that's probably not the best question since even tangible things from recent history are debated, such as if we landed on the moon or not. You can probably think of more examples. The point is that if even tangible things from recent history are quibbled over, then how much more difficult is the question of God?

This must be the most controversial thread on here so I had to throw in my .02.
A sacrifice for what, if not for a lesson that teaches sacrifice in a much more wicked way? What was the sacrifice made for? To save them from his wrath? Besides that, you missed the whole point. That is just the initial story of Christianity, the effects of it have been more than brutal and sacrifices were still a thing. Tangible things from recent history are debatable, not unprovable and are also a different thing. We can debate the fact that the first landings on the moon were fake. However, we did land on Mars, we know the moon exists, we have proof for them. We have prove for these tangible things.

The sacrifice that the ancient Hebrews made were ordered by God. At their base and core they were pointing to the sacrifice that Jesus would make, and did make, on the cross, to save any and all people who accept the sacrifice for themselves.

The result is that some will go to Heaven, and some will go to Hell.

Cool
Activity: 154
Merit: 103
https://primedice.com/?c=WINFREEBTC
April 05, 2017, 02:15:21 AM
That's what sacrifices were made for in the first place. The fear of an angry god that might kill them if they do not give him something. The word for it is oppression. That's what the gods and religion have always been and will always be, no matter how much they try to stick with science to gain some new credentials.

I'm guessing the OP is referring to Christianity? If so, Christianity does not fit the above quote. Christianity is God sending himself as Jesus to be a sacrifice that humans could never make since they are themselves sinful. As far as rules about how Christians live and what they do or don't do, that's more of a result of having been changed by God, not an attempt to earn God's favor since it can't be earned.

As for proving God's existence, that's probably not the best question since even tangible things from recent history are debated, such as if we landed on the moon or not. You can probably think of more examples. The point is that if even tangible things from recent history are quibbled over, then how much more difficult is the question of God?

A sacrifice for what, if not for a lesson that teaches sacrifice in a much more wicked way? What was the sacrifice made for? To save them from his wrath? Besides that, you missed the whole point. That is just the initial story of Christianity, the effects of it have been more than brutal and sacrifices were still a thing. Tangible things from recent history are debatable, not unprovable and are also a different thing. We can debate the fact that the first landings on the moon were fake. However, we did land on Mars, we know the moon exists, we have proof for them. We have prove for these tangible things.
Activity: 952
Merit: 267
April 05, 2017, 01:58:17 AM
After small search in Google about does god exist scientifically or not and I find this post from express.co.UK website "Scientists use mathematical calculations to PROVE the existence of God"  ( https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/science/756870/proof-of-god-kurt-godel/amp&ved=0ahUKEwjEupKesIzTAhXHrI8KHRdKCO0QFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHeDBV2sRvdCKs0t6RIdgJloFxrrw&sig2=hYF-ny7cYmQdWx_xIkOgbA ) how they can prove does god exist or not with the help of maths?Huh

But if we talked about hindu religious god ,then there are many proofs that god is really there
We can find" Ram setu " on India and sri Lanka border and Shiva linga(pind) there are many place where we can find Shiva ling .
Every religious have there own god and their belief.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
April 04, 2017, 11:40:45 PM
God is just like a wind. Why ? We didn't see the wind but the wind still exist because we fell it. Just like god we didn't see god but we feel that there's a god.

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

All that methane! You'll burn well in the Lake of fire.    Cool

Glad you didn't disagree about your god!!!!

Well done sir!!
i beleive in god anyway, cause whitout a creator is impossibble is creation.
legendary
April 04, 2017, 09:10:27 PM

What you describe in this last part is the thing that some people have been doing all the time. Scientists who claim that science theories are fact, are forming religions for themselves. Why? Because the theories wouldn't be theories if they were factual. They would be science laws. So, just like religion, believing that something is factual when it is not known to be factual, drops the belief into the realm of religion. Scientists and many others do this all the time. Science has become a great religion of our day.

Cool

you sir make about as much sense as a submarine with a screen door..

However, many people understand what I say. Perhaps you should take a course in "understanding" so that you can learn to understand, as well.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
April 04, 2017, 08:44:10 PM

What you describe in this last part is the thing that some people have been doing all the time. Scientists who claim that science theories are fact, are forming religions for themselves. Why? Because the theories wouldn't be theories if they were factual. They would be science laws. So, just like religion, believing that something is factual when it is not known to be factual, drops the belief into the realm of religion. Scientists and many others do this all the time. Science has become a great religion of our day.

Cool

you sir make about as much sense as a submarine with a screen door..
legendary
April 04, 2017, 08:26:41 PM
God is just like a wind. Why ? We didn't see the wind but the wind still exist because we fell it. Just like god we didn't see god but we feel that there's a god.

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

All that methane! You'll burn well in the Lake of fire.    Cool

Well done sir!!
Maybe you should not all speak so strongly about this or that faith? This offends the feelings of believers. Although those who do not believe, still have some kind of faith or not?

Nope.  No faith of ANY kind.  I do not believe in ghosts, Jewish zombies, desert blind holy men, Gods of any kind, no unicorns, unless I see one in the zoo.

You have a lot of faith. After all, you don't have proof that God doesn't exist. So you are out on a limb with your speaking against Him, not knowing for sure if He isn't going to strike you dead this time.

God doesn't necessarily zap someone with lightening. Some people die suddenly in car accidents or plane crashes. They weren't all expecting it. How do you know that God didn't do it to them? Where is your proof?

You have a lot of faith. Maybe when you get a little more experience in life, some of that faith will become hope.

Cool
Let's drop the 'you don't have proof that God doesn't exist' once and for all.
While the idea of proof that God doesn't exist might be off topic if it were stated without reference to posts within the topic, since it is response to posts, it is a part of proving that God DOES exist. How and Why? It shows that atheists are either ignorant and religious, but if they are knowledgeable, they are liars about the existence of atheism. This eliminates much of their response against the proof that God exists.

First of all, you claim a God exists, not viceversa. It's not our duty to prove God doesn't exist, you have to prove it exists since it is your claim. Until now there is absolutely no real proof of the existence of a God, everything is covered in mistery because 'God works in misterious ways'.
One of the mysterious ways that God works is to show us proof that He exists, without giving us all the answers about Himself. The proof is shown in a double way here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.
In addition, there are many other proofs and evidences. If you search for them you can find them.

For people who really use their brains in a productive and rational way, that is not sufficient to even consider it a plausible idea.
Actually, much of science is persued by scientists trying to prove that God doesn't exist. Why do they try to prove He doesn't exist? Because they have seen and understand that science has proven that God DOES exist, and they are attempting to find out if they missed anything in the proof.

Passing on, what you just did is exactly what religion did in the first place to achieve their power. It's also what dictatorship did to maintain power. The use of fear against people. You might never know when it will strike you if you do not obey or if you doubt it. What you described as faith is actually the fear of death. That's what sacrifices were made for in the first place. The fear of an angry god that might kill them if they do not give him something. The word for it is oppression. That's what the gods and religion have always been and will always be, no matter how much they try to stick with science to gain some new credentials. Regardless if you are a troll or a believer, you should be ashamed of having faith in an oppressive system. And now, to end my paragraph in a manner that is more appropriate for those of your kind: Fuck off!

Cool
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
April 04, 2017, 07:30:04 PM
And in the simplest term's, proof most here are devil worshipping scum: Silence. Not one comment regarding the truth of freemasonry selling their own kid's souls to lucifer. Not one. For obvious reasons: 99% of people here have done exactly that. If you have'nt, you will. Or lose business. So your kid's alive until you die, and you think they wont know of your, ahem, sin?

I do.

I'm quite content with that. Lucifer and satan aren't the same beings. "Satan" is used to refer to a being who acts as tempter on behalf of God, and lucifer refers to a Babylonian king, not a fallen angel, and is mentioned no where else in the bible, not even by jesus.

You've clearly never read the bible.
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
April 04, 2017, 06:34:21 PM

Activity: 154
Merit: 103
https://primedice.com/?c=WINFREEBTC
April 04, 2017, 05:41:54 PM

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

Well done sir!!
Maybe you should not all speak so strongly about this or that faith? This offends the feelings of believers. Although those who do not believe, still have some kind of faith or not?

Nope.  No faith of ANY kind.  I do not believe in ghosts, Jewish zombies, desert blind holy men, Gods of any kind, no unicorns, unless I see one in the zoo.

You have a lot of faith. After all, you don't have proof that God doesn't exist. So you are out on a limb with your speaking against Him, not knowing for sure if He isn't going to strike you dead this time.

God doesn't necessarily zap someone with lightening. Some people die suddenly in car accidents or plane crashes. They weren't all expecting it. How do you know that God didn't do it to them? Where is your proof?

You have a lot of faith. Maybe when you get a little more experience in life, some of that faith will become hope.

Cool
Let's drop the 'you don't have proof that God doesn't exist' once and for all. First of all, you claim a God exists, not viceversa. It's not our duty to prove God doesn't exist, you have to prove it exists since it is your claim. Until now there is absolutely no real proof of the existence of a God, everything is covered in mistery because 'God works in misterious ways'. For people who really use their brains in a productive and rational way, that is not sufficient to even consider it a plausible idea. Passing on, what you just did is exactly what religion did in the first place to achieve their power. It's also what dictatorship did to maintain power. The use of fear against people. You might never know when it will strike you if you do not obey or if you doubt it. What you described as faith is actually the fear of death. That's what sacrifices were made for in the first place. The fear of an angry god that might kill them if they do not give him something. The word for it is oppression. That's what the gods and religion have always been and will always be, no matter how much they try to stick with science to gain some new credentials. Regardless if you are a troll or a believer, you should be ashamed of having faith in an oppressive system. And now, to end my paragraph in a manner that is more appropriate for those of your kind: Fuck off!
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
April 04, 2017, 04:04:38 PM
And in the simplest term's, proof most here are devil worshipping scum: Silence. Not one comment regarding the truth of freemasonry selling their own kid's souls to lucifer. Not one. For obvious reasons: 99% of people here have done exactly that. If you have'nt, you will. Or lose business. So your kid's alive until you die, and you think they wont know of your, ahem, sin?

I do.

legendary
April 04, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

Well done sir!!

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
April 04, 2017, 01:05:40 PM

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

Well done sir!!

Nope.  No faith of ANY kind.  I do not believe in ghosts, Jewish zombies, desert blind holy men, Gods of any kind, no unicorns, unless I see one in the zoo.

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
April 04, 2017, 01:02:39 PM

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

Well done sir!!
Activity: 294
April 04, 2017, 07:54:48 AM

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

Well done sir!!
Activity: 270
April 04, 2017, 06:55:45 AM
I'm not sure that scientists will ever be able to prove it. Any conclusion will cause a lot of misunderstanding, either among believers or atheists
Activity: 630
April 04, 2017, 04:04:25 AM
Jabulon.

If god does not exist, why are there so many devil fearing masons? I mean, one cant exist without the other as many say... like yin+yang... why do humans kill humans to keep the devil a secret?

I'll bet anyone, I can kill the lord from below in an instant.. then move onto the next planet, and kill that lord from below too...

Get the idea?

O
legendary
April 04, 2017, 03:50:56 AM

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!

Activity: 294
April 04, 2017, 12:52:50 AM

So your god is my fart?

Sweet!!!!!
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
April 03, 2017, 11:49:09 PM
You have very interesting logic and somewhere even there is a rational grain. After all, we really do not see the wind, but we know about its strength, and of course we see the consequences of manifesting its strength. Perhaps so with God. We know about its existence and see its manifestations.
Jump to: