Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 239. (Read 845582 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 01, 2016, 11:21:23 AM
BADecker, let me ask you a serious question. If you are so happy with the status quo and hate intellectual progress so much, why are you on a Bitcoin forum anyway?
Well, I should think that the answer would be intellectually obvious. I don't hate intellectual progress, and I am not happy with the status quo.

Tearing down the knowledge that we have of God, and replacing it with science-theory-as-fact is not intellectual progress. In case you haven't noticed, this is the thing that is being, and has been for a long time, done in many schools. Rather, let's find out more about God instead of trying to bury the idea that He exists.

I hate the religious government that I live under, constantly oppressed by people that think like you do. They are unwilling to change quickly and don't mind crushing any belief that differs from their own.
You would rather trade the truth that God exists for the fantasy that science theory which has not been proven factual is indeed fact? You want to take a religion that is based in truth, and replace it with one that is not known to be truth. Looks like you are simply asking for problems worse than those you have already.

I have a gay friend that is pleased that America is slowly accepting him and his monogamist relationship of 16 years.
At best, homosexuality is an illness. at worst, it is a damning, perverted lifestyle. It serves no practical purpose. One can have good friends of the same sex without treating them as one would treat a spouse. Homosexuality is one of the things that is destroying America.

I'm just the opposite. I'm ashamed that it takes Americans so long to accept any change and hate the fact that he and his spouse would still be beaten to death in the Christian Deep South for their lifestyle. I'm just glad we no longer believe the earth is flat and burning black people on a cross is almost a thing of the past, almost.

I am ashamed it is taking America as long as it is to recognize the perversion in homosexuality, and many other things. When the people can take it no longer, they will outlaw it forcefully.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
June 01, 2016, 10:36:12 AM
BADecker, let me ask you a serious question. If you are so happy with the status quo and hate intellectual progress so much, why are you on a Bitcoin forum anyway?

I hate the religious government that I live under, constantly oppressed by people that think like you do. They are unwilling to change quickly and don't mind crushing any belief that differs from their own. I have a gay friend that is pleased that America is slowly accepting him and his monogamist relationship of 16 years. I'm just the opposite. I'm ashamed that it takes Americans so long to accept any change and hate the fact that he and his spouse would still be beaten to death in the Christian Deep South for their lifestyle. I'm just glad we no longer believe the earth is flat and burning black people on a cross is almost a thing of the past, almost.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
June 01, 2016, 06:49:10 AM
Can't wait for BADlogic to publish his scientific paper. I've got an idea the peer reviewing part will incite the most amusement.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit: By the way have we got an ETA on the publication date yet? At least Dank gave us a date for his music festival. (Those of you who remember.)
legendary
June 01, 2016, 05:34:26 AM
True science that follows the scientific method cannot prove or disprove God. It cannot now, and never will. Why? The same reason you cannot fly. Your not designed to fly, and science isn't designed to prove God.
When you get right down to ultimate absolutes, nobody can prove that this forum exists, or that anyone is posting in it.

In the standard world of science, I have shown over and over two of the simple ways that science proves that God exists. Nobody is required to accept standard science.

Science is great, but like most things people can and do abuse it.This is when something called pseudoscience pops up. Pseudoscience to the untrained eye looks and feels just like science, but isn't really because it doesn't adhere to the scientific method.

Most of the time people make genuine mistakes, but not in BADlogic's case. He knows full well it's pseudoscience, yet continues to lie. This should give you a red warning flag straight away.
Now, Fluffer. You know that you are contradicting yourself all over the place by saying these things.

As for is a big deal if we believe in God or not. Well I guess that's up to the individual, but from Gods point of view is it a big deal? Science cannot answer that for you, nor can the circular logic based "the bible is the word of God, because bible says so" fallacy book.
Why not use your logic?
Does God give preference to one band of religious followers than another? No.
Does God give preference to those that worship him? No.
Does God give preference to atheists? No.

This only leaves us with two logical conclusions:
Either God doesn't exist, or God doesn't care what you believe in.

Take your pick.

This is where your logic is wrong.

First, science proves God exists.

Second, the miraculous existence of the Bible shows that it was made by God, and is far greater than any other book.

Third, the Bible shows the way to eternal life that science can't really begin to show.

Fourth, because scientists would rather believe science theory often more than science fact, science has become a faulty religion.

Wake up, Fluffer, while you still have time.

Cool
legendary
June 01, 2016, 05:20:23 AM
BADlogic's scientific proof never passed the peer review stage, by both athiests and thiests. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Badecker never had to respond to logical nonbelievers.

Since the logical nonbelievers don't have a logical rebuttal to the proof that God exists, there is nothing to respond to.

Cool

maybe, but and it is really a big deal if anyone doesn't believed in God and does not also believed in a creator for the existence of everything.  Then where did we came from? From nothing that turned into a bubble and expanded into a big boom and there we were at.  Who the someone did that bubble?

If this mess was actually created by something instead of being a random accident, then the creator is either an incredible fuck up or a sadistic piece of shit. I don't feel quite like worshipping either option.

Without knowing what happened, you can't be sure of this. For example, if you had never seen or heard of a volcano, and then you came upon one, it would take some time for you to figure out what caused the disruption and destruction. Our natural knowledge of the universe is so limited that we can't begin to understand what went on in the past.

Just as an example, we are now finding that the stars are not nuclear, but rather are electric in nature. Since we are just finding this out now, how are we ever going to really even guess what happened in the messed up universe? Google "electric universe" or "electric cosmos."

Another example. If the world had wiped itself out in WWII, and there were only a handful of people left on some outlying islands, and if they had never heard or seen the devastation produced by modern war-making, what would they imagine if they saw Great Britain and Germany at the end of WWII? They certainly would not know who were the good guys and who were the bad.

Since science shows that everything has been produced by cause and effect, and pure random has not been proven to exist anywhere naturally, we really can't even begin to guess at the way the universe really operates through all the cause and effect. After all, we only know about 6 or 8 dimensions clearly, another 6 or 8 somewhat clearly, and the existence of another, say, 14 or 16, when there could be an infinity of them. And they are part of our universe.

The point is, we might as well forget science and math and turn back to agriculture and making a better life for ourselves. Even quantum computing can't begin to figure the universe out.

Cool
legendary
June 01, 2016, 05:05:25 AM
BADlogic's scientific proof never passed the peer review stage, by both athiests and thiests. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Since the logical nonbelievers don't have a logical rebuttal to the proof that God exists, there is nothing to respond to.

Cool

maybe, but and it is really a big deal if anyone doesn't believed in God and does not also believed in a creator for the existence of everything.  Then where did we came from? From nothing that turned into a bubble and expanded into a big boom and there we were at.  Who the someone did that bubble?

This is a reasonable point. Some day science will find something that shows that Big Bang was impossible. Right now there are at least 3 solid forms of BB Theory. This shows that science doesn't know for a fact that BB was real.

Evolution from inanimate materials to life is mathematically impossible. It is so firmly impossible that we don't have any logical way to even begin to show how something like evolution could even start to be possible. See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-mathematical-impossibility-of-evolution-1454732.

When you combine the scientific facts of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy, you get a result that says that God exists. If God didn't exist, at least one of these 3 scientific facts would have to NOT exist as well. Since they all exist, God MUST exist.

All our machinery, chemistry and physics comes from what we see in nature. We build our machinery based on nature and what we find in nature. Nature still has natural machinery that is greater than anything that we can build. Since it is machinery, our example of building our machinery shows that machines need to have intelligent makers. The machinery of nature is no different. The Maker of the machinery of nature is God.

The thing that I don't understand is why intelligent scientists would want to fight against God. Since they know that He exists, why not accept the truth and build science around the fact of God? In all their scientific logic, the fundamental foundation of it, that God does not exist, is not logical.

Cool
legendary
June 01, 2016, 02:55:29 AM

Cool

maybe, but and it is really a big deal if anyone doesn't believed in God and does not also believed in a creator for the existence of everything.  Then where did we came from? From nothing that turned into a bubble and expanded into a big boom and there we were at.  Who the someone did that bubble?

True science that follows the scientific method cannot prove or disprove God. It cannot now, and never will. Why? The same reason you cannot fly. Your not designed to fly, and science isn't designed to prove God.

Science is great, but like most things people can and do abuse it.This is when something called pseudoscience pops up. Pseudoscience to the untrained eye looks and feels just like science, but isn't really because it doesn't adhere to the scientific method.

Most of the time people make genuine mistakes, but not in BADlogic's case. He knows full well it's pseudoscience, yet continues to lie. This should give you a red warning flag straight away.

As for is a big deal if we believe in God or not. Well I guess that's up to the individual, but from Gods point of view is it a big deal? Science cannot answer that for you, nor can the circular logic based "the bible is the word of God, because bible says so" fallacy book.
Why not use your logic?
Does God give preference to one band of religious followers than another? No.
Does God give preference to those that worship him? No.
Does God give preference to atheists? No.

This only leaves us with two logical conclusions:
Either God doesn't exist, or God doesn't care what you believe in.

Take your pick.
legendary
June 01, 2016, 01:02:30 AM

Cool

If this mess was actually created by something instead of being a random accident, then the creator is either an incredible fuck up or a sadistic piece of shit. I don't feel quite like worshipping either option.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting
June 01, 2016, 12:09:29 AM

Cool

maybe, but and it is really a big deal if anyone doesn't believed in God and does not also believed in a creator for the existence of everything.  Then where did we came from? From nothing that turned into a bubble and expanded into a big boom and there we were at.  Who the someone did that bubble?
legendary
May 31, 2016, 05:27:43 PM

Cool
legendary
May 31, 2016, 05:21:26 PM

legendary
May 31, 2016, 05:19:20 PM
God is everything. I believe in god.

Believers don't need any proofs? I am confused, this world is so strange..

That's why it's called faith.

But when believers have some proof along with their faith, their faith is strengthened greatly. That's why you have so little faith in life. You haven't accepted the proof that God exists, yet.

Cool

Since there is no proof, how can we accept it?
Can you link to the scientific paper that proves God? Not just some weirdo that wrote an article like  Hovind, Ray "Bananaman" Comfort or those nuts, but the scientific paper?
You can find a few databases here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_academic_databases_and_search_engines
Just put a link to the proof and I'll read it

Proof isn't proof to anyone that will not look at it. Proof isn't proof to anyone who can deny it in his mind.

Do the research. Cause and effect, coupled with complex universe, coupled with universal entropy - all of them scientific facts - prove that Something that fits the dictionary definition of "God" exists.

The things written in the Bible, along with the history of how the Bible came into being, along with the nation of Israel, show that there is more to the Bible than that it is simply a book.

Once one understands that God exists, and that he has spoken through the words of the Bible, then one is strengthened to have faith that God will do what He says He will... just like He has done in the past.

Cool
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
May 31, 2016, 03:49:36 PM
You can download Kent Hovind's doctoral thesis that he made when he bought his doctor title here
https://file.wikileaks.org/file/kent-hovind-doctoral-dissertation.pdf
recommended reading. Its absolutely hilarious
legendary
May 31, 2016, 03:19:31 PM
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
May 31, 2016, 03:02:21 PM

But when believers have some proof along with their faith, their faith is strengthened greatly. That's why you have so little faith in life. You haven't accepted the proof that God exists, yet.

Cool

Since there is no proof, how can we accept it?
Can you link to the scientific paper that proves God? Not just some weirdo that wrote an article like  Hovind, Ray "Bananaman" Comfort or those nuts, but the scientific paper?
You can find a few databases here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_academic_databases_and_search_engines
Just put a link to the proof and I'll read it
legendary
May 31, 2016, 02:58:03 PM

Cool

It depends what you mean by "faith". When regarding religious stuff, the usual definition of "faith" used by both religious and non-religious alike is: belief in the absence of proof.

If you had proof it would no longer be called "faith", it would be referred to as "knowing". So the Christian faith would change to the Christian knowing.
Doesn't sound right does it.

If your just going reply with your usual silly word gymnastics games, spinning them all around in your favour, please don't bother replying.

legendary
May 31, 2016, 02:19:34 PM

Cool
legendary
May 31, 2016, 01:19:47 PM

Activity: 378
Merit: 251
May 31, 2016, 12:57:35 PM

legendary
May 31, 2016, 08:36:34 AM
All people die. Some simply make mistakes that are more stupid than the mistakes of others. The important thing is the faith that they have in Jesus salvation at the time of death. Because, when they rise in the resurrection, they will be based on their faith in Jesus salvation, not on their stupidity in other areas.

Cool

There is zero proof or evidence that believing in Jesus is important. It's simply faith based Christian mythology, nothing more.

It's dishonest to present it as factual.

There is scientific and nature proof that God exists.

There is historical evidence in the history of how the Bible was written, the info in it, and the history of the nation of Israel that shows that God speaks through the Bible.

So, when God and His witnesses tell us something through the Bible, we either believe Him or not. It's as simple as that.

I believe God enough that, the things that He says are facts to me. So, I treat them as facts when I speak about them. Therefore, it is not dishonest for me, even though it might be dishonest for you.

Cool

1) Strawman. I never once mentioned God. Plus it's pointless going over your failed scientific theory AGAIN. Not that it's got anything to do with what I said.

2) Yeah, yeah, ALL holy books claim to be "the word of God", all with their own fabricated evidence. Since nobody knows what the word of God is, how do we know what are the correct words of God? We don't and cannot know.

3) Fallacy here. You've made the conclusion that that God is tell us through the bible, then gave us the option of believing him or not.  Spot the obvious deception.

4) Sounds like your struggling with being honest even with yourself.

Too bad you don't understand enough about life and reality, to say nothing about history, to even begin to know what you are talking about. That being said, there is a chance that you know a lot more than you act like you do, and are simply playing a game for some reason.

Cool
Jump to: