Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 240. (Read 845582 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
May 31, 2016, 04:11:12 AM
All people die. Some simply make mistakes that are more stupid than the mistakes of others. The important thing is the faith that they have in Jesus salvation at the time of death. Because, when they rise in the resurrection, they will be based on their faith in Jesus salvation, not on their stupidity in other areas.

Cool

There is zero proof or evidence that believing in Jesus is important. It's simply faith based Christian mythology, nothing more.

It's dishonest to present it as factual.

There is scientific and nature proof that God exists.

There is historical evidence in the history of how the Bible was written, the info in it, and the history of the nation of Israel that shows that God speaks through the Bible.

So, when God and His witnesses tell us something through the Bible, we either believe Him or not. It's as simple as that.

I believe God enough that, the things that He says are facts to me. So, I treat them as facts when I speak about them. Therefore, it is not dishonest for me, even though it might be dishonest for you.

Cool

1) Strawman. I never once mentioned God. Plus it's pointless going over your failed scientific theory AGAIN. Not that it's got anything to do with what I said.

2) Yeah, yeah, ALL holy books claim to be "the word of God", all with their own fabricated evidence. Since nobody knows what the word of God is, how do we know what are the correct words of God? We don't and cannot know.

3) Fallacy here. You've made the conclusion that that God is tell us through the bible, then gave us the option of believing him or not.  Spot the obvious deception.

4) Sounds like your struggling with being honest even with yourself.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting
May 31, 2016, 03:40:07 AM
If you make a deeper study on the creation stated in the Bible comparing it to the Big bang theory it is a resemblance of creation making the two theory as one.  Everything started from nothing but silence and word and a lot of it follows after the silence.  The seven days in the Bible stating the creation is not what we call a 24 hours a day.  It is the sequence of time in creation making it more than billion of years to complete some parts of it.  The two theories come as one after the Higgs Boson has been discovered.

There is one thing missing in all this. We have intelligence and awareness. Nothing in BB Theory explains intelligence and awareness. But it has to if everything comes from BB.

Bible at least suggests that God is an entity. This means intelligence. Add the law of cause and effect which is totally supported by BB and by Bible, and you have a requirement for intelligence at the Beginning.

Cool

The book of Tora was never written in the beginning.  It was passed through out the ages by way of words through the tongue of men.  That is why it was short written when it comes to the description of the procedure in the creation because in the past no one would understand what a scientific process would means and would be.

We do not know that the information that Moses wrote in the first book of the Torah (Pentateuch), Genesis, was not previously written. Moses was a prince of Egypt for his first 40 years. Acts 7:22 tells us that he was powerful in word and deed. This means that he had access to libraries of books from around the world, since Egypt was possibly the greatest center of civilization in the world in the days of Moses.

The ancient cities of Byblos and Ugarit had lots of conflicting information about the beginning times, as did Egypt. Moses, looking for the truth, sorted it out, and even transcribed the first two chapters of Genesis from other written sources, since these chapters are not written in his style.

The Bible is not meant to be a history book of general history. It is meant to be a history that traces the ancestry of Jesus Christ from the Beginning to Israel to Jesus. In doing this, it briefly covers all times of the earth.

Consider the website, The Biblical Age of the Earth http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm. This site CLEARLY shows that the earth is a little over 6,000 years old (maybe 6,200) according to the Bible.

If any of the modern archaeological dating systems are even a little correct, and the earth is much older than 6,200 years, this means that the Bible Beginning was really a new Beginning after Satan had destroyed an ancient earth/universe. This would mean that the Bible needs to be understood in a whole different light regarding its history.

The only Bible thing that I know that suggests that this idea is possible, is the wording in the beginning of Genesis where it says, "... and the earth was formless and void." The word "was" is the same word that the Hebrew people used for "became." God doesn't make things that are formless and void. So, it might be that the Beginning was God's remake of some former universe, and that the Revelation war in Heaven between Michael and Satan really happened before the Beginning, and destroyed the then universe.

Now, I am getting the feeling that maybe I shouldn't be posting this here like this, so take what I say here with a grain or two of salt... and study this on your own.

Cool

yes it is difficult to have it here since we all know is about egypts history not knowing that before egypt there was this summerian civilization.  so when was the time of moses? after the summerians ? or before?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 31, 2016, 02:42:52 AM
If you make a deeper study on the creation stated in the Bible comparing it to the Big bang theory it is a resemblance of creation making the two theory as one.  Everything started from nothing but silence and word and a lot of it follows after the silence.  The seven days in the Bible stating the creation is not what we call a 24 hours a day.  It is the sequence of time in creation making it more than billion of years to complete some parts of it.  The two theories come as one after the Higgs Boson has been discovered.

There is one thing missing in all this. We have intelligence and awareness. Nothing in BB Theory explains intelligence and awareness. But it has to if everything comes from BB.

Bible at least suggests that God is an entity. This means intelligence. Add the law of cause and effect which is totally supported by BB and by Bible, and you have a requirement for intelligence at the Beginning.

Cool

The book of Tora was never written in the beginning.  It was passed through out the ages by way of words through the tongue of men.  That is why it was short written when it comes to the description of the procedure in the creation because in the past no one would understand what a scientific process would means and would be.

We do not know that the information that Moses wrote in the first book of the Torah (Pentateuch), Genesis, was not previously written. Moses was a prince of Egypt for his first 40 years. Acts 7:22 tells us that he was powerful in word and deed. This means that he had access to libraries of books from around the world, since Egypt was possibly the greatest center of civilization in the world in the days of Moses.

The ancient cities of Byblos and Ugarit had lots of conflicting information about the beginning times, as did Egypt. Moses, looking for the truth, sorted it out, and even transcribed the first two chapters of Genesis from other written sources, since these chapters are not written in his style.

The Bible is not meant to be a history book of general history. It is meant to be a history that traces the ancestry of Jesus Christ from the Beginning to Israel to Jesus. In doing this, it briefly covers all times of the earth.

Consider the website, The Biblical Age of the Earth http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm. This site CLEARLY shows that the earth is a little over 6,000 years old (maybe 6,200) according to the Bible.

If any of the modern archaeological dating systems are even a little correct, and the earth is much older than 6,200 years, this means that the Bible Beginning was really a new Beginning after Satan had destroyed an ancient earth/universe. This would mean that the Bible needs to be understood in a whole different light regarding its history.

The only Bible thing that I know that suggests that this idea is possible, is the wording in the beginning of Genesis where it says, "... and the earth was formless and void." The word "was" is the same word that the Hebrew people used for "became." God doesn't make things that are formless and void. So, it might be that the Beginning was God's remake of some former universe, and that the Revelation war in Heaven between Michael and Satan really happened before the Beginning, and destroyed the then universe.

Now, I am getting the feeling that maybe I shouldn't be posting this here like this, so take what I say here with a grain or two of salt... and study this on your own.

Cool
May 31, 2016, 01:54:31 AM

Cool

legendary
May 31, 2016, 12:32:11 AM
All people die. Some simply make mistakes that are more stupid than the mistakes of others. The important thing is the faith that they have in Jesus salvation at the time of death. Because, when they rise in the resurrection, they will be based on their faith in Jesus salvation, not on their stupidity in other areas.

Cool

There is zero proof or evidence that believing in Jesus is important. It's simply faith based Christian mythology, nothing more.

It's dishonest to present it as factual.

There is scientific and nature proof that God exists.

There is historical evidence in the history of how the Bible was written, the info in it, and the history of the nation of Israel that shows that God speaks through the Bible.

So, when God and His witnesses tell us something through the Bible, we either believe Him or not. It's as simple as that.

I believe God enough that, the things that He says are facts to me. So, I treat them as facts when I speak about them. Therefore, it is not dishonest for me, even though it might be dishonest for you.

Cool
legendary
May 31, 2016, 12:16:55 AM

Cool

It's dishonest to present it as factual important when it isn't.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
May 30, 2016, 10:44:54 PM
I do have faith. I have faith in unicorns. I know that when I die the great unicorn king is going to take me to rainbow land.

Prove I'm wrong.
legendary
May 30, 2016, 10:39:53 PM

Enjoy following Jim ridiculously stupid people (the average person).

Cool
legendary
May 30, 2016, 07:42:48 PM
Is belief in a god necessary in order to explain the origin on the universe?
This is not so. Science has very convincingly explained how the universe came into being without having to introduce the god-idea.

Is belief in god necessary to have a happy, meaningful life?
Again we can see that this is not so. There are millions of atheists and free-thinkers, not to mention many Buddhists, who live useful, happy and meaningful lives without belief in a god.

Some claim that belief in god’s power is necessary because humans, being weak, do not have the strength to help themselves.
Once again, the evidence indicates the opposite. One often hears of people who have overcome great disabilities and handicaps, enormous odds and difficulties, through their own inner resources, through their own efforts and without belief in a god.

Some claim that god is necessary in order to give man salvation.
But this argument only holds good if you accept the theological concept of salvation and Buddhists do not accept such a concept. Based on his own experience, the Buddha saw that each human being had the capacity to purify the mind, develop infinite love and compassion and perfect understanding.

Understandings of god differ for each culture and person in the world. As similar as some views may be, building a relationship with god is a quest an individual must take for oneself. This personal quest does not necessarily mean Christianity, any of the Abrahamic faiths, or any other particular religion. Believing in god simply means believing in a higher power.

God is necessary to pacify and control large societies. Without the self controlling ability of religions, police and military forces would need to be several magnitudes larger than they are with gods. The ancients new it and created their own gods to keep people in line. The Church of England is the perfect example.

Henry VIII wanted an annulment of his marriage to Catherine of Aragon so he literally created his own church to do it. It also gave the government complete control of their people instead of having them controlled by a foreign government. Religions and whatever god is behind them are nothing more than political tools used to pacify ridiculously stupid people (the average person).

Lol! This guy.. ^_

Anyway, it's extremely obvious some men created religion purely to control others ; that being said, once we delve deeper, and try to give faith itself the benefit of the doubt, as a value proposition on its own merit, we find that logically, scientifically, secularly even - there is benefit to the individual who believes.

This benefit is personal. Like a crutch, but also a bulwark, a support. The entire purpose of the exercise is to believe, have faith, like a gamble, in something that CANNOT be proven.

Proving it scientifically, whether via mathematics, physics, or otherwise ; is an act of complete, exhaustive, utter futility which misses the entire objective of having faith in the first place.

Enjoy following Jim ridiculously stupid people (the average person).
legendary
May 30, 2016, 12:47:59 PM

Cool
May 30, 2016, 09:17:53 AM
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
May 30, 2016, 02:20:59 AM
This is not so. Science has very convincingly explained how the universe came into being without having to introduce the god-idea.

Again we can see that this is not so. There are millions of atheists and free-thinkers, not to mention many Buddhists, who live useful, happy and meaningful lives without belief in a god.

Some claim that belief in god’s power is necessary because humans, being weak, do not have the strength to help themselves.
Once again, the evidence indicates the opposite. One often hears of people who have overcome great disabilities and handicaps, enormous odds and difficulties, through their own inner resources, through their own efforts and without belief in a god.

But this argument only holds good if you accept the theological concept of salvation and Buddhists do not accept such a concept. Based on his own experience, the Buddha saw that each human being had the capacity to purify the mind, develop infinite love and compassion and perfect understanding.

Understandings of god differ for each culture and person in the world. As similar as some views may be, building a relationship with god is a quest an individual must take for oneself. This personal quest does not necessarily mean Christianity, any of the Abrahamic faiths, or any other particular religion. Believing in god simply means believing in a higher power.

God is necessary to pacify and control large societies. Without the self controlling ability of religions, police and military forces would need to be several magnitudes larger than they are with gods. The ancients new it and created their own gods to keep people in line. The Church of England is the perfect example.

Henry VIII wanted an annulment of his marriage to Catherine of Aragon so he literally created his own church to do it. It also gave the government complete control of their people instead of having them controlled by a foreign government. Religions and whatever god is behind them are nothing more than political tools used to pacify ridiculously stupid people (the average person).

Lol! This guy.. ^_

Anyway, it's extremely obvious some men created religion purely to control others ; that being said, once we delve deeper, and try to give faith itself the benefit of the doubt, as a value proposition on its own merit, we find that logically, scientifically, secularly even - there is benefit to the individual who believes.

This benefit is personal. Like a crutch, but also a bulwark, a support. The entire purpose of the exercise is to believe, have faith, like a gamble, in something that CANNOT be proven.

Proving it scientifically, whether via mathematics, physics, or otherwise ; is an act of complete, exhaustive, utter futility which misses the entire objective of having faith in the first place.

+1

+1
Activity: 80
Merit: 27
A dream that you had, about being a person.
May 30, 2016, 02:18:14 AM

Lol! This guy.. ^_

legendary
May 29, 2016, 11:24:07 AM

Kinda the point. If everyone followed God perfectly, not only would there be no need for police and military, but people who would have otherwise become police and military would be out having way more fun just living a normal life.

As it is, there might be a little need for police and military, but they wind up becomiong tools of the devil.

Cool
legendary
May 29, 2016, 10:13:51 AM

Activity: 560
Merit: 273
May 29, 2016, 04:31:00 AM

legendary
May 28, 2016, 04:26:15 AM
Jesus is God, and Christians realize this.
Cool

I don't think "realize" is quite the correct word. That suggests it as fact, which of course is deceptive.

"Hope he is" would be more honest.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
May 27, 2016, 07:37:13 PM
God is everything. I believe in god.
legendary
May 27, 2016, 04:42:56 PM
Is Jealously evil? If it is, we have one big hypocrite. Who's going to save Him from His sins?(This is stemming off from the fact that all three religions worshipping him can only have one god.)

I see that you capitalized "Him" and "His." If you are referring to God, God doesn't have any sins.

And what do you mean by, "This is stemming off from the fact that all three religions worshipping him can only have one god?"

Cool
Christians, Muslims, and Jews all worship the same god from what I see so far.

They may look like they are worshiping the same God. If their faith is weak enough they might be worshiping the real God. But...

Muslims do not have Jesus as part of God, and neither do Jews. But the Christians do... different Gods.

The thing about Jews is that they worship the Messiah Who is Jesus. So if a Jew is weak in faith, and doesn't think about Jesus much, but rather worships the Messiah, he may be worshiping Jesus without realizing what he is doing.

If a Jew does not worship Jesus, and claims that Jesus is not the Messiah, he is worshiping a different God than the Christians. Jesus is God, and Christians realize this.

Brief.

Cool
Activity: 98
May 27, 2016, 01:25:41 PM
Is Jealously evil? If it is, we have one big hypocrite. Who's going to save Him from His sins?(This is stemming off from the fact that all three religions worshipping him can only have one god.)

I see that you capitalized "Him" and "His." If you are referring to God, God doesn't have any sins.

And what do you mean by, "This is stemming off from the fact that all three religions worshipping him can only have one god?"

Cool
Christians, Muslims, and Jews all worship the same god from what I see so far.
Jump to: