Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 487. (Read 845477 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 17, 2014, 12:25:01 AM
Supernatural is a term used to explain what the science still can not explain. Only closed minded people think science can explain everything and can not think outside the box.

Science can explain everything.  Look at all that was unknown when god was first invented.  Soon, science will explain everything.

Smiley

What's interesting is that some of the smaller subatomic particles are showing far less "particle" action, far greater "wave" action, and something else that hasn't been defined, yet. It's my guess that the "something else" has to do with consciousness.

Smiley

That's a cute guess.  And guesses aren't bad things.  But for your guesses to amount to knowledge, you have to devise an experiment and get a lot more concrete about things.

Thank you.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
September 17, 2014, 12:21:08 AM
Supernatural is a term used to explain what the science still can not explain. Only closed minded people think science can explain everything and can not think outside the box.

Science can explain everything.  Look at all that was unknown when god was first invented.  Soon, science will explain everything.

Smiley

What's interesting is that some of the smaller subatomic particles are showing far less "particle" action, far greater "wave" action, and something else that hasn't been defined, yet. It's my guess that the "something else" has to do with consciousness.

Smiley

That's a cute guess.  And guesses aren't bad things.  But for your guesses to amount to knowledge, you have to devise an experiment and get a lot more concrete about things.
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:20:45 AM
On the face of it, I disagree that "the thread of salvation through the Messiah runs throughout the whole" of the Bible. I found that the Dead Sea Scrolls support my position:

The messiah, according to Jewish [and early Christian] belief, was not a God that would deliver his people by clearing their way to heaven. The messiah was to be an empowered King who would destroy the enemies of the Jews and regain their Holy Land.

Yet the Messiah was for everyone who believed. So how would an earthly kingship be available to those who had passed already? People want it now. So, they misinterpret a lot.

The Revelation in the Bible sets it out rather plainly in some ways. The book of Hebrews is another that helps. St. Paul's writings suggest that we don't know what form we are going to take in Heaven.

Smiley

You know, you base everything off a book that was written when people knew squat about science.  Don't you understand that?  Your house is built on a foundation of cards.

You know? The Bosnian pyramids show that the people of Atlantis knew a whole lot more about science than we give them credit for. And some of their knowledge was so different from ours that we are just beginning to relearn it.

Smiley

Doesn't change the point I just made.  Everything you believe, and all your arguments, are based off a book that was written when people thought the sun raced across the sky on a chariot.  Those wrong beliefs and ideals are the bible.

I'd have more respect for you people if you had any kind of new evidence in the last 2,000 years.

Undecided

You say "people" like you say "scientists." What I mean is, you can find loads of people who believe all different kinds of things, just like you can find many scientists who understand the same evidence in many different ways.

Smiley
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:17:30 AM

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:17:18 AM

Don't limit yourself. Envision what it would be like for people to work together toward the goal of reaching right into the "supernatural."

Smiley

Well, that's difficult for me because in my own belief system I consider "supernatural" to be a synonym of "imaginary".

As far as what people can work together to achieve, I have no idea and I'd be pretentious to pretend I did.  I suppose that acutely it has a lot to do with whether or not our species kills ourselves off with nuclear weapons or too much carbon dioxide in the upper atmosphere.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 17, 2014, 12:16:05 AM
On the face of it, I disagree that "the thread of salvation through the Messiah runs throughout the whole" of the Bible. I found that the Dead Sea Scrolls support my position:

The messiah, according to Jewish [and early Christian] belief, was not a God that would deliver his people by clearing their way to heaven. The messiah was to be an empowered King who would destroy the enemies of the Jews and regain their Holy Land.

Yet the Messiah was for everyone who believed. So how would an earthly kingship be available to those who had passed already? People want it now. So, they misinterpret a lot.

The Revelation in the Bible sets it out rather plainly in some ways. The book of Hebrews is another that helps. St. Paul's writings suggest that we don't know what form we are going to take in Heaven.

Smiley

You know, you base everything off a book that was written when people knew squat about science.  Don't you understand that?  Your house is built on a foundation of cards.

You know? The Bosnian pyramids show that the people of Atlantis knew a whole lot more about science than we give them credit for. And some of their knowledge was so different from ours that we are just beginning to relearn it.

Smiley

Doesn't change the point I just made.  Everything you believe, and all your arguments, are based off a book that was written when people thought the sun raced across the sky on a chariot.  Those wrong beliefs and ideals are the bible.

I'd have more respect for you people if you had any kind of new evidence in the last 2,000 years.

Undecided
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:13:04 AM

Smiley

You know, you base everything off a book that was written when people knew squat about science.  Don't you understand that?  Your house is built on a foundation of cards.

Smiley
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:10:59 AM
As long as "God" remains in the realm of the supernatural, ie, the unobservable, there will never be scientific proof that he/she/it exists by definition.  Science, by definition, is about building and testing hypothesis based on repeatable, observable experimentation.  Anyone who expects to find scientific proof for "God" either has a non-traditional view of "God" (ie God is not supernatural) or else has a mistaken view of science.

Yet there are many things that are common now, that 200 years ago would have been CALLED supernatural.

I would say that regarding things in this universe, nothing is supernatural. Some things only appear that way, and will until we find the technology to control them.

Smiley

It sounds like you're saying you don't believe in a supernatural.  Which, as far as I can tell, means that you don't believe in a supernatural God.  I think that's a totally respectable belief system.

Look at what God said in Genesis, during the time that the people were building the Tower of Babel: "The LORD said, 'If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.'"

Probably reaching right into Heaven is something that people could do if they all joined together and put their minds to it. So, is there really supernatural? Or is it a word that is used to cover a certain form of ignorance that we have?

Smiley

Lol, I guess by "what God said in Genesis" you're referring to what the J-writer or the P-writer said in Genesis.  Smiley

Anyway, if youre version of God is a natural phenomenon tied to predictable observation then haven't you taken away his/her/its Godness?

As far as reaching into heaven: Yuri Gagarin is usually the first credited with this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Gagarin).

Don't limit yourself. Envision what it would be like for people to work together toward the goal of reaching right into the "supernatural."

Smiley
Vod
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:08:22 AM

Smiley

Sad
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:07:05 AM

Smiley
Vod
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:04:51 AM

Smiley
legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:04:28 AM
As long as "God" remains in the realm of the supernatural, ie, the unobservable, there will never be scientific proof that he/she/it exists by definition.  Science, by definition, is about building and testing hypothesis based on repeatable, observable experimentation.  Anyone who expects to find scientific proof for "God" either has a non-traditional view of "God" (ie God is not supernatural) or else has a mistaken view of science.

Yet there are many things that are common now, that 200 years ago would have been CALLED supernatural.

I would say that regarding things in this universe, nothing is supernatural. Some things only appear that way, and will until we find the technology to control them.

Smiley

It sounds like you're saying you don't believe in a supernatural.  Which, as far as I can tell, means that you don't believe in a supernatural God.  I think that's a totally respectable belief system.

Look at what God said in Genesis, during the time that the people were building the Tower of Babel: "The LORD said, 'If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.'"

Probably reaching right into Heaven is something that people could do if they all joined together and put their minds to it. So, is there really supernatural? Or is it a word that is used to cover a certain form of ignorance that we have?

Smiley

Lol, I guess by "what God said in Genesis" you're referring to what the J-writer or the P-writer said in Genesis.  Smiley

Anyway, if youre version of God is a natural phenomenon tied to predictable observation then haven't you taken away his/her/its Godness?

As far as reaching into heaven: Yuri Gagarin is usually the first credited with this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Gagarin).
Activity: 235
Merit: 102
September 17, 2014, 12:03:54 AM
As long as "God" remains in the realm of the supernatural, ie, the unobservable, there will never be scientific proof that he/she/it exists by definition.  Science, by definition, is about building and testing hypothesis based on repeatable, observable experimentation.  Anyone who expects to find scientific proof for "God" either has a non-traditional view of "God" (ie God is not supernatural) or else has a mistaken view of science.

Smiley

It sounds like you're saying you don't believe in a supernatural.  Which, as far as I can tell, means that you don't believe in a supernatural God.  I think that's a totally respectable belief system.

legendary
September 17, 2014, 12:01:04 AM
As long as "God" remains in the realm of the supernatural, ie, the unobservable, there will never be scientific proof that he/she/it exists by definition.  Science, by definition, is about building and testing hypothesis based on repeatable, observable experimentation.  Anyone who expects to find scientific proof for "God" either has a non-traditional view of "God" (ie God is not supernatural) or else has a mistaken view of science.

Smiley

It sounds like you're saying you don't believe in a supernatural.  Which, as far as I can tell, means that you don't believe in a supernatural God.  I think that's a totally respectable belief system.

Smiley
legendary
September 16, 2014, 11:57:10 PM

Smiley

legendary
September 16, 2014, 11:54:30 PM

Smiley
legendary
September 16, 2014, 11:46:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
September 16, 2014, 11:35:49 PM
Scientific proof that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists?

Say after me:

I AM

The sound is the proof you need. What more needs said?

The FSM hypothesis is not powerful enough to explain the evidence for survival:

Here is one example of high-quality evidence of the survival of the personality:

Dr. James Hyslop, professor of Logic and Ethics at Columbia University, and one of the most distinguished American psychical researchers, reported the following incident.

[...]

As Sir Wiliam Barrett concluded in his review of the case: "The simplest and most reasonable solution is that the information was derived from the mind of the deceased person."

2 page PDF:
http://www.aeces.info/Top40/Cases_51-75/case56_soule-soul.pdf

Is FSM going to give us any information at all? I challenge you to explain the evidence using the FSM thesis.

The whole Flying Spaghetti Monster comparison is a priori invalid.  Its characterization is similar to a polytheistic god and not a monotheistic one.  In short, it's a miserable failure of an attack against the existence of God.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 16, 2014, 11:07:38 PM

legendary
September 16, 2014, 08:47:07 PM
Scientific proof that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists?

Say after me:

I AM

The sound is the proof you need. What more needs said?

The FSM hypothesis is not powerful enough to explain the evidence for survival:

Here is one example of high-quality evidence of the survival of the personality:

Dr. James Hyslop, professor of Logic and Ethics at Columbia University, and one of the most distinguished American psychical researchers, reported the following incident.

[...]

As Sir Wiliam Barrett concluded in his review of the case: "The simplest and most reasonable solution is that the information was derived from the mind of the deceased person."

2 page PDF:
http://www.aeces.info/Top40/Cases_51-75/case56_soule-soul.pdf

Is FSM going to give us any information at all? I challenge you to explain the evidence using the FSM thesis.

Again, when you research the way that the Bible (particularly the Old Testament) came into existence, and the time periods and different authors, and the thread of salvation through the Messiah that runs throughout the whole thing, you will see that the Bible can't exist. There are too many improbabilities attached to the way that it came into being.

So, what does this mean? It is one of the major evidences that God exists. And the descriptions of God in the Bible show that He is not the FSM, or anything like the FSM.

Search on things like "history of the Bible" or "Who wrote the Bible" or "traditions behind Bible existence" or other such search wording. What's interesting is that the DuckDuckGo search engine - https://duckduckgo.com/ - often brings up a variety of sites in searches that Google and Bing often don't show. Try them.

Smiley
Jump to: