Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 497. (Read 845477 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
September 11, 2014, 12:03:45 PM
Now, now. You are clouding the issue.

1. We see nothing in nature that is able to create life. If we easily saw the creator of life, scientists would have proclaimed it long ago. Rather, they only have a theory called evolution.

2. We DO see a creator of near life. It is man, himself, who created a lowly form of test-tube life, that probably wasn't really life, but only something that was almost life.

3. Since it has taken much knowledge and effort by man to create something that is almost life (maybe it was life), how much greater is the Creator of true life that exists all around us in nature, in abundance, and is the thing that even makes us the life that we are?

4. Such a Thing that is so extremely knowledgeable and capable as to be able to be the Creator of the REAL life that exists all around us is the Thing that fits our definition of the word "God."

After all, if it takes all man's ingenuity to barely create life or something that simulates life, REAL life must be something that is very difficult to create. We don't see any process whereby life comes about by accident. Rather we see just the opposite; randomness produces disorder. By comparing man's creation against life that exists in nature, we can easily see that the Creator of the life in nature is Great, beyond our knowledge and understanding.

Smiley

3. Much knowledge? We did it but we didn't know how and why it worked! The conditions we used intentionally occurs naturally really often, they don't need any knowledge at all to exist.

We don't see any process whereby life comes about by accident.
Well, I don't say it often occurs. I just say it did occur at least once in 14 billion years.

randomness produces disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 11, 2014, 11:44:25 AM
I don't understand why a god would give me a brain then send me to hell just for using it.   Huh

Actually, Vod is quite intelligent. Don't let him (her?) kid you.

Something inanimate will never come to life.

You'll watch it on TV within the next 10 years.

Science is going to allow us to do things your gods never could.  7 days to create a world? 
Within the next century, we will be doing it in 7 minutes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsr-XtuKuSw

Vod has just proven the existence of God.

Back in the 1960's or 1970s, I think it was, scientists made life in a test tube. Or at least that is what they tried to say. If they didn't actually make life, they came really close. They probably have done it over and over since then. I don't follow it.

What these scientists did (do?) was/is, they got together all kinds of apparatus, labratory apparatus, equipment that all kinds of inventors and engineers invented and built. Then they formulated methods to get some chemicals into a test tube, at just the right temperature, with all the right conditions. Then they zapped it all with some electricity, and they got something that approximated life.

When we look around in nature, there is life all over the place. It is complex life, of many kinds, and usually in large quantities of each kind. All of it is far advanced in form than the simple, test-tube life that scientists created back in the '70s.

So, you can see how this proves God, can't you? Intelligent man works hard and creates simple, lowly life. The far more complex, much more abundant and far better operating life has been created by a Being Who is as much greater than man as His created life is greater than man's created life. He is the Almighty God.

What is really wonderful is that God made man so well that man is actually starting to emulate God!

Smiley

You think that we created life back in the 60s but you don't see how this proves there's no god needed to create life?
The life created back then would have spread and colonize the entire earth
Then because of radioactivity, dna errors, etc genes muted, which leave 2 possibilities: either the mutated guy is less robust and dies before spreading its genes, or it's more robust and spread its genes and could lead to a new specie (which can be more complex than the one before)

Now, now. You are clouding the issue.

1. We see nothing in nature that is able to create life. If we easily saw the creator of life, scientists would have proclaimed it long ago. Rather, they only have a theory called evolution.

2. We DO see a creator of near life. It is man, himself, who created a lowly form of test-tube life, that probably wasn't really life, but only something that was almost life.

3. Since it has taken much knowledge and effort by man to create something that is almost life (maybe it was life), how much greater is the Creator of true life that exists all around us in nature, in abundance, and is the thing that even makes us the life that we are?

4. Such a Thing that is so extremely knowledgeable and capable as to be able to be the Creator of the REAL life that exists all around us is the Thing that fits our definition of the word "God."

After all, if it takes all man's ingenuity to barely create life or something that simulates life, REAL life must be something that is very difficult to create. We don't see any process whereby life comes about by accident. Rather we see just the opposite; randomness produces disorder. By comparing man's creation against life that exists in nature, we can easily see that the Creator of the life in nature is Great, beyond our knowledge and understanding.

Smiley
legendary
September 11, 2014, 11:18:19 AM
I don't understand why a god would give me a brain then send me to hell just for using it.   Huh

Science is going to allow us to do things your gods never could.  7 days to create a world? 
Within the next century, we will be doing it in 7 minutes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsr-XtuKuSw

Back in the 1960's or 1970s, I think it was, scientists made life in a test tube. Or at least that is what they tried to say. If they didn't actually make life, they came really close. They probably have done it over and over since then. I don't follow it.

What these scientists did (do?) was/is, they got together all kinds of apparatus, labratory apparatus, equipment that all kinds of inventors and engineers invented and built. Then they formulated methods to get some chemicals into a test tube, at just the right temperature, with all the right conditions. Then they zapped it all with some electricity, and they got something that approximated life.

When we look around in nature, there is life all over the place. It is complex life, of many kinds, and usually in large quantities of each kind. All of it is far advanced in form than the simple, test-tube life that scientists created back in the '70s.

So, you can see how this proves God, can't you? Intelligent man works hard and creates simple, lowly life. The far more complex, much more abundant and far better operating life has been created by a Being Who is as much greater than man as His created life is greater than man's created life. He is the Almighty God.

What is really wonderful is that God made man so well that man is actually starting to emulate God!

Smiley

You think that we created life back in the 60s but you don't see how this proves there's no god needed to create life?
The life created back then would have spread and colonize the entire earth
Then because of radioactivity, dna errors, etc genes muted, which leave 2 possibilities: either the mutated guy is less robust and dies before spreading its genes, or it's more robust and spread its genes and could lead to a new specie (which can be more complex than the one before)
legendary
September 11, 2014, 09:16:54 AM

Smiley
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 11, 2014, 03:59:56 AM
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
September 10, 2014, 09:58:17 PM
Ffs, someone bring in some old/new/unmentioned religion that DOES'NT involve anything connected to christians or jews.. please reference something we can get our teeth into that we have'nt heard on our own doorstep before we slammed the door..

scuba preacher: "can I at least leave you a leaflet?"

octopus: "Only if I can eat it, otherwise it's ink time!"
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
September 10, 2014, 09:16:36 PM
pmsl...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 10, 2014, 07:07:29 PM
Ffs, someone bring in some old/new/unmentioned religion that DOES'NT involve anything connected to christians or jews.. please reference something we can get our teeth into that we have'nt heard on our own doorstep before we slammed the door..

September 10, 2014, 06:56:35 PM
Activity: 313
i ♥ coinichiwa
September 10, 2014, 06:44:24 PM
One simple way to show how ridiculous the idea of evolution is, is through scientifically recognizing how many atoms make up the smallest possible living cell. Then add in the part where these atoms must all be situated in the right place. Then throw in the part about how the atoms must be kick-started into motion, all at exactly the right time, in the right direction. Now, compare this with the mathematical laws of probability while including entropy, and you can see that life through some form of evolution is more difficult than winning all the lotteries in the world, past, present, and future, all at the same time.

Probability calculation does not say that something is impossible because of its low probability. Even something with a unimaginable low probability can happen and when considering a infinite time frame and number of tries for something to happen the probability approximates to 100%.
legendary
September 10, 2014, 06:22:49 PM

Oh so that's the problem. You can't stand unexplained things.
Science clearly states what we know about a subject, and that could be 99.999%, 90%, 50%, 10% or even 0% possible.
Mystic faith on the other hand explains everything and makes god the explanation of unknown facts.

In your case, if you're so insecure in this world that you're not comfortable with a partially ununderstood world then yes I guess believing in god is the way to go. I hope it helps you feeling better.

It's not a problem. It's my joy. Why? Because even though God can't quite be explained by science, He almost is. On the other hand, science has irrevocably proven that something like evolution does not exist. The only science that proves that evolution can exist is, political science. Political science says, among other things, that when you can't prove your cause, promote it by propaganda. So, in this way evolution has been proven by science. Yet it wasn't evolutionary science. It was political science.

One simple way to show how ridiculous the idea of evolution is, is through scientifically recognizing how many atoms make up the smallest possible living cell. Then add in the part where these atoms must all be situated in the right place. Then throw in the part about how the atoms must be kick-started into motion, all at exactly the right time, in the right direction. Now, compare this with the mathematical laws of probability while including entropy, and you can see that life through some form of evolution is more difficult than winning all the lotteries in the world, past, present, and future, all at the same time.

There is no evolution. There is no Theory of Evolution. All there is, is a bunch of so-called scientists hollering over and over that, evolution is real, real, real, and everything that tries to suggest it isn't is false, false, false.

Smiley

So much nonsense, that's scary
Still eating popcorn though
legendary
September 10, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Science clearly states what we know about a subject, and that could be 99.999%, 90%, 50%, 10% or even 0% possible.
Mystic faith on the other hand explains everything and makes god the explanation of unknown facts.

In your case, if you're so insecure in this world that you're not comfortable with a partially ununderstood world then yes I guess believing in god is the way to go. I hope it helps you feeling better.

It's not a problem. It's my joy. Why? Because even though God can't quite be explained by science, He almost is. On the other hand, science has irrevocably proven that something like evolution does not exist. The only science that proves that evolution can exist is, political science. Political science says, among other things, that when you can't prove your cause, promote it by propaganda. So, in this way evolution has been proven by science. Yet it wasn't evolutionary science. It was political science.

There is no evolution. There is no Theory of Evolution. All there is, is a bunch of so-called scientists hollering over and over that, evolution is real, real, real, and everything that tries to suggest it isn't is false, false, false.

Smiley
legendary
September 10, 2014, 04:24:16 PM
The danger in believing in multiple gods is the thing that caused the nations to fall. The ancient city of Ugarit is an example of how people gradually fell from the One God as Noah worshiped, into many Gods by the time of Abraham. Part of what made Abraham special was that he continued to believe the One God.

Smiley

Now that God has virtually been proven to exist, you are reading part of the next step - some of what God has revealed to us about Himself and what He wants us to do.

Smiley

You don't cease to amuse me Smiley

I prefer having faith in something I have proofs* of than in some little invisible guy with a beard rotating around the Earth. 
Even if I must suffer until the end of times.

* Proofs backed by scientific rigour. Not some crazy nonsense like "oh lord the universe is huge, it must have a creator!"
Truth has nothing to do with feelings. It's based on hard facts. And not knowing isn't equal to "it's god lol".

See? That's the problem. You haven't even thought things out deeply enough to realize that when you have proof, you don't need to believe. When you have proof, you know it. And when you know something, not only don't you need faith any longer, but you can't have faith in it. You know it. YOU CAN'T HAVE FAITH IN SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE PROOF FOR. It's an impossibility. You have one or the other, not both.

Perhaps as Vod says, very soon from now we will have the ability to create. But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from. The tiny bit we absolutely know has been extrapolated into all kinds of things that nobody has a clue exist for real.

At least people who believe in God have tons of evidence so that faith is easy for them. But faith that science has answered any of these large questions is more like delusion.

Smiley

Lol are you even serious?

But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from.
Bullshit and you know it. There are tons of papers about that. Maybe it's not facts enough for you but it's anyway much more than faith. And it doesn't involve strange beings.

At least people who believe in God have tons of evidence so that faith is easy for them. But faith that science has answered any of these large questions is more like delusion.
Lol. Come on.

Any time you want to investigate the papers, you will find that they are filled with loads of facts along with multitudes of suppositions. Yet the foundational points around which all this "science" revolves are steeped in such words as "if" and "maybe" and "possibly," etc. On these and many more similar words, the whole of scientific equation for age of earth and universe, and life source, stand. There is NO proof. There is only supposition, and a whole lot of propaganda. Science simply doesn't know.

Smiley

September 10, 2014, 01:26:21 PM
If I were to say to you that our sun is a binary star orbiting it's own dark star, would you believe me? NO.

This is most likely because there is no (scientific) evidence..

If I were to say that Sirius is a binary star orbiting it's own dark star, would you believe me, YES, 'cause the Dogon tribe of Mali says so..

But the dogon also point out that the binary sirius is a mirror of our own sun.. meaning ours is a binary star.

But our sun is not a binary star according to science.

So how anyone expects to prove the existance of god when all possible science explaining the truth above is..

?
legendary
September 10, 2014, 11:52:41 AM
The danger in believing in multiple gods is the thing that caused the nations to fall. The ancient city of Ugarit is an example of how people gradually fell from the One God as Noah worshiped, into many Gods by the time of Abraham. Part of what made Abraham special was that he continued to believe the One God.

Smiley

Now that God has virtually been proven to exist, you are reading part of the next step - some of what God has revealed to us about Himself and what He wants us to do.

Smiley

I prefer having faith in something I have proofs* of than in some little invisible guy with a beard rotating around the Earth. 

* Proofs backed by scientific rigour. Not some crazy nonsense like "oh lord the universe is huge, it must have a creator!"
Truth has nothing to do with feelings. It's based on hard facts. And not knowing isn't equal to "it's god lol".

See? That's the problem. You haven't even thought things out deeply enough to realize that when you have proof, you don't need to believe. When you have proof, you know it. And when you know something, not only don't you need faith any longer, but you can't have faith in it. You know it. YOU CAN'T HAVE FAITH IN SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE PROOF FOR. It's an impossibility. You have one or the other, not both.

Perhaps as Vod says, very soon from now we will have the ability to create. But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from. The tiny bit we absolutely know has been extrapolated into all kinds of things that nobody has a clue exist for real.

Smiley

But at the present moment, general world "scientific" knowledge is almost 100% faith regarding things like the age of the earth and where life came from.
Bullshit and you know it. There are tons of papers about that. Maybe it's not facts enough for you but it's anyway much more than faith. And it doesn't involve strange beings.

Lol. Come on.

Any time you want to investigate the papers, you will find that they are filled with loads of facts along with multitudes of suppositions. Yet the foundational points around which all this "science" revolves are steeped in such words as "if" and "maybe" and "possibly," etc. On these and many more similar words, the whole of scientific equation for age of earth and universe, and life source, stand. There is NO proof. There is only supposition, and a whole lot of propaganda. Science simply doesn't know.

Smiley
September 10, 2014, 11:46:57 AM
you're referring to churches i assume. Or cultists that claim to follow the teachings of the bible.

I guess so.. All religions are cults, just when they get to a certain size they become "religions" because folk are afraid of badmouthing them (fear of getting murdered).

The believe in a creator does not necessarily mean the belief in the teaching of a church.

what if i told you you can believe in god without following the pope or other figureheads?

Sure, I know I'm free to believe in anything.

I just find the word "god" very loaded, like the word "gay", I mean in reality I like to consider myself quite a gay person, but as you well know that word now has a new meaning and people would think I was saying "I am a homosexual".

The same goes for the word "god", if you say "I believe in god" then many (almost all) will think you are religious. So the word is gone for me, sorry 'bout that!
legendary
September 10, 2014, 11:39:06 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Lol. Come on.
legendary
September 10, 2014, 11:26:49 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
September 10, 2014, 11:24:09 AM

Nice theory, but you're missing the point.

These simulations must have had makers, makers more advanced than us.

So no matter if the universe is an advanced hologram or other piece of machinery, or an actual universe. Someone or something must have created it. Something that existed before the simulation or the real thing ran. Most likely something outside of our dimensions.

It's very likely that heaven is somewhere outside our 4D world, say heaven is 5D or even higher.

Is it so weird to call the creator of this reality (or simulation) our god? For whoever wrote the 'program' wrote the rules, would that not make him able to bend the rules at will? Performng miracles in our eyes? He can even change the rules permanently.

The universe is like an advanced computer program, we are part of it, god is the programmer, as well as the PC manifcturer. The angels are system admins and the devil and his demons are crackers.

I'm missing what point? Whose point? Your point? Roll Eyes

One could call the simulation programmer/s gods, why not. Doesn't get you anywhere though and I shouldn't think it would gain any favors from the programmer/s any more than an ant in a colony within a tanks on a childs desk.

To assume gender (he) in the programmer/s is assumption on your part.

The programmer/s would probably not be answering "prayers" but they may take notice or wind back to a system backup if we destroyed our biosphere because we fucked up (nukes, nanotech, bioweapons etc). Our time is the system tick of the simulation, if the simulation were paused, fast forwarded, stopped, rewind, etc then the simulants would be unaware.

A simulated universe would probably be fairly simple code (describing fundamental quantum laws) running on a very fast system, think "computronium".

everything "emerges" from it following the evolutionary process. It's not like our bodies are designed in a 3D modelling tool, instead it's more likely that we are complex "self aware" cellular automata. The evolution process itself would still be "real".

Another point that upholds this theory is the fact that Self correcting code structures (ALA Claude Shannon information theory) have been found at the heart of quantum mechanical laws, It seems these codes underpin the very fabric of our reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LCVknKUJ4

we were not discussing the implications of what would happen if there would be a god or gods, we were discussing the existence of one.

so apparently you do agree there is a god, even if you refuse to call it god.

I'm open to the possibility that we are simulants.

But notions of god, bible, religious texts do not interest me in the slightest.

Such nonsense is just an insignificant subset of true reality (whatever that might be).

Notions of god have always been put forth by dumb lazy monkeys trying to get other monkeys to do their work for them. And the irony of the situation is that the enslaved monkeys are only too keen to propogate the nonsense, I can only assume driven by fear and ignorance.

you're referring to churches i assume. Or cultists that claim to follow the teachings of the bible.

The believe in a creator does not necessarily mean the belief in the teaching of a church.

what if i told you you can believe in god without following the pope or other figureheads?

If you only base your disbelief in god to prevent becoming enslaved to popes and other religious leaders, than that's a pretty stupid motivation.

Yes, those people do mislead a large part of the population to practically enslave them, but that does not mean that there is no god. It's just that their god is different from the true god.

you keep mixing up reality with fiction. You draw conclusions based on half truths.

but again, the discussion of what would happen if there would be a god is beyond the scope of this thread.

September 10, 2014, 11:16:21 AM

Nice theory, but you're missing the point.

These simulations must have had makers, makers more advanced than us.

So no matter if the universe is an advanced hologram or other piece of machinery, or an actual universe. Someone or something must have created it. Something that existed before the simulation or the real thing ran. Most likely something outside of our dimensions.

It's very likely that heaven is somewhere outside our 4D world, say heaven is 5D or even higher.

Is it so weird to call the creator of this reality (or simulation) our god? For whoever wrote the 'program' wrote the rules, would that not make him able to bend the rules at will? Performng miracles in our eyes? He can even change the rules permanently.

The universe is like an advanced computer program, we are part of it, god is the programmer, as well as the PC manifcturer. The angels are system admins and the devil and his demons are crackers.

I'm missing what point? Whose point? Your point? Roll Eyes

One could call the simulation programmer/s gods, why not. Doesn't get you anywhere though and I shouldn't think it would gain any favors from the programmer/s any more than an ant in a colony within a tanks on a childs desk.

To assume gender (he) in the programmer/s is assumption on your part.

The programmer/s would probably not be answering "prayers" but they may take notice or wind back to a system backup if we destroyed our biosphere because we fucked up (nukes, nanotech, bioweapons etc). Our time is the system tick of the simulation, if the simulation were paused, fast forwarded, stopped, rewind, etc then the simulants would be unaware.

A simulated universe would probably be fairly simple code (describing fundamental quantum laws) running on a very fast system, think "computronium".

everything "emerges" from it following the evolutionary process. It's not like our bodies are designed in a 3D modelling tool, instead it's more likely that we are complex "self aware" cellular automata. The evolution process itself would still be "real".

Another point that upholds this theory is the fact that Self correcting code structures (ALA Claude Shannon information theory) have been found at the heart of quantum mechanical laws, It seems these codes underpin the very fabric of our reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LCVknKUJ4

we were not discussing the implications of what would happen if there would be a god or gods, we were discussing the existence of one.

so apparently you do agree there is a god, even if you refuse to call it god.

I'm open to the possibility that we are simulants.

But notions of god, bible, religious texts do not interest me in the slightest.

Such nonsense is just an insignificant subset of true reality (whatever that might be).

Notions of god have always been put forth by dumb lazy monkeys trying to get other monkeys to do their work for them. And the irony of the situation is that the enslaved monkeys are only too keen to propogate the nonsense, I can only assume driven by fear and ignorance.
Jump to: