Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 499. (Read 845477 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
September 09, 2014, 05:11:16 PM
it was very common to believe in multiple gods, all around the world.

At many places it's still quite common (many native cultures, as well as asian religions), although less common than in previous years.

Monotheism got reintroduced by Abraham IIRC and with the spreading of christianity and judaism, on which most modern religions are based, monotheism got more popular. Especially since religions spread quickly due to the nations that had those religions were highly imperialistic and pretty successful at that.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 09, 2014, 04:18:58 PM
The danger in believing in multiple gods is the thing that caused the nations to fall. The ancient city of Ugarit is an example of how people gradually fell from the One God as Noah worshiped, into many Gods by the time of Abraham. Part of what made Abraham special was that he continued to believe the One God.

Smiley

The reason that I mention Ugarit is, some of the Bible writings were taken from Ugarit writings. This was done by the Hebrew priests to train the people of Israel back into the One God knowledge, when the people were starting to believe like Ugarit, and the nations around them - that there are more gods than One.

Smiley
legendary
September 09, 2014, 04:14:11 PM
The danger in believing in multiple gods is the thing that caused the nations to fall. The ancient city of Ugarit is an example of how people gradually fell from the One God as Noah worshiped, into many Gods by the time of Abraham. Part of what made Abraham special was that he continued to believe the One God.

Smiley
legendary
September 09, 2014, 04:02:52 PM
If there is such things as a super being, there is no reason why there is only one super being as the creator. Everything we know could be designed and created by a ring of super beings, or even different types of super beings. So, the god(s) we know today could all exist, or none of them existed and we got it all wrong.

there would be no reason other than that the god mentioned in the bible tells us he is the only one.

but if you do not give any credit to the bible, then sure, there could be a whole bunch of gods. It still makes more sense to believe in multiple gods than to believe in nothing.
legendary
September 09, 2014, 02:23:47 PM
If there is such things as a super being, there is no reason why there is only one super being as the creator. Everything we know could be designed and created by a ring of super beings, or even different types of super beings. So, the god(s) we know today could all exist, or none of them existed and we got it all wrong.

Something similar to this DOES happen, sort of, somewhat, now and again. One example is Moses, in the Old Testament in the Bible. Often when Moses entered into the presence of God, he so humbled himself that he was actually moved into God likeness to some extent. The evidence of this was that, after he left the presence of God, his face was radiant, even though the radiance faded the longer he was away from the presence of God.

However, the major thing against a ring of super beings is because there CAN'T be for the creation of the universe. The universe is such a complicated piece of machinery, that, even if there were a ring of god-like beings, they would have to be acting as ONE to create something like the universe. One God.

Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 09, 2014, 02:12:59 PM
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
September 09, 2014, 02:12:50 PM
This is exactly why God wants us to have faith. The universe and nature are full of many wonderful evidences for God. In fact, we are so close to proving that God exists by the evidences, that we are right on top of the proof. Yet, we will never get there. God is too big. We might have revelations from Him. But we won't ever quite get scientific proof. The evidences are there to show us that we don't have to have blind faith. God is making faith easy for us through the multitudes of evidences for His existence.

Smiley

I wasn't sure
Now I am
You Sir are a troll

If you don't accept the existence of God, you are working for the Devil by default. So that makes YOU one of HIS trolls.

Smiley

I think you misunderstood
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troll?s=t

troll2
[trohl]

noun
1. (in Scandinavian folklore) any of a race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.

Smiley

Good for you.
Still that's not what I meant.
legendary
September 09, 2014, 02:01:05 PM
Here is something interesting. It is also possible what most think is God, was actually ancient aliens. Look up the wiki article on Ancient Astronaut theory and how certain events in the bible could've been weapons of mass destruction from aliens.

even if that were to be true, where did the aliens come from?

where did the universe come from?
We could always be a simulation you know, and what we think we know isnt actually real, but a fabricated universe with fabricated laws.

But sometimes the pain of it or the joy of it makes it seem absolutely real. So what's the dif?

Smiley
legendary
September 09, 2014, 02:00:47 PM
Here is something interesting. It is also possible what most think is God, was actually ancient aliens. Look up the wiki article on Ancient Astronaut theory and how certain events in the bible could've been weapons of mass destruction from aliens.

We could always be a simulation you know, and what we think we know isnt actually real, but a fabricated universe with fabricated laws.

than what are we a simulation of, for what purpose, and who wrote the program? Who wrote the laws?

Your idea is a pretty good analogy actually.

If we were a simulation inside a program, no doubt someone would have written the code. Would have created the hardware and software for the machine etc. Hours and hours of work would need to be put into it.

Now, why do many people think that real life just suddenly appeared?

Simulation or not, it's still an amazing feat, and everything is too complex and well balanced and it seems like all of this could not exist without a very intelligent designer.
legendary
September 09, 2014, 01:57:51 PM
Sorry, atheists, but saying "it just happened" isn't going to cut it anymore.

Yet, 'god just happened' does cut it?

god did not just happen, god always was.

god predates the universe, god predates time itself.

how is this possible, you say?

Well, the bible does not answer this in detail, all it says is that god existed before anything, and that god has no beginning and no end. However, i developed a theory based on that.

God is not limited by the universal laws, because he created those laws in the first place. The speed of light, the 4 dimensions we see (three spatial dimensions plus time), gravity, etc. All are the works of god, and he existed before any of those laws were written.

Before anything, he created the laws of the universe, including time. After that, he created the universe itself, bound by those laws. During all this, he existed, but not within the limited universe. He is an extra-dimensional being, and he can choose to enter our dimension if he wishes, but we can not enter his dimension. It's a bit like 'flatlanders' (google it if you don't know what i mean by that). To god, we are flatlanders, we just can't even imagine the dimension he lives in, and we refer to it as heaven. Heaven is not bound by the same rules as the visible universe.

So, if god created time, and he obviously had to exist before time existed in order to create time, than we can conclude that god ALWAYS was, because anything that existed BEFORE time and space, existed always and will always exist.

This also makes sense because the universe DID have a beginning (study thermophysics and specifically entropy and you'll come to the conclusion that the universe must have had a beginning, a state of zero entropy, since negative entropy is not possible, it must have had a definite beginning), and there is no space without time and there is no time without space. And what was before time? Nothing, just god.

So, even though it's illogical and a huge leap of faith to claim the universe just spontaneously came into being, it is NOT a leap of faith to believe some powerful extra-dimensional benign being existed even before the universe. In some weird alternate dimension that has COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RULES. This totally makes sense and even though it can not scientifically be proven (unless we invent a trans-dimensional something, and god does not prevent it) it is the most logical answer to the facts we have.

This!

Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 09, 2014, 01:55:51 PM
You can't find scientific proof for god, because the hypothesis, god exists, is not falsifiable, neither is the hypothesis, god doesn't exist.
Philosophical proofs with word games are not scientific proof.
Falsifiability is a core tenet of the scientific method.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

Science is quite literally the wrong tool, but since science is the only tool we have for determining facts in the physical world, we are out of luck. Deductive logic can only determine truths that are self congruent, like mathematical truths. Science uses inference not deduction. You  can not deduce god from first principals, neither is there sufficient, if any, evidence to infer god.
Yes,Maybe to you God doesn't exist because you can\t see it or feel it,God is a spirit is not a body...and if you don't believe God exist look at all that He created .
legendary
September 09, 2014, 01:49:24 PM
I still dont understand why people dont want to be gods, we could truly become such a force in the future. I for one dont like the idea of some single entity controlling me and having more power than me.

we are gods in a sense, but only one god is almighty.

what's so bad about having an almighty entity being more powerful than you and having authority over you?

what has god ever done to you?
legendary
September 09, 2014, 01:48:36 PM
Sorry, atheists, but saying "it just happened" isn't going to cut it anymore.

Yet, 'god just happened' does cut it?

god did not just happen, god always was.

god predates the universe, god predates time itself.

how is this possible, you say?

Well, the bible does not answer this in detail, all it says is that god existed before anything, and that god has no beginning and no end. However, i developed a theory based on that.

God is not limited by the universal laws, because he created those laws in the first place. The speed of light, the 4 dimensions we see (three spatial dimensions plus time), gravity, etc. All are the works of god, and he existed before any of those laws were written.

Before anything, he created the laws of the universe, including time. After that, he created the universe itself, bound by those laws. During all this, he existed, but not within the limited universe. He is an extra-dimensional being, and he can choose to enter our dimension if he wishes, but we can not enter his dimension. It's a bit like 'flatlanders' (google it if you don't know what i mean by that). To god, we are flatlanders, we just can't even imagine the dimension he lives in, and we refer to it as heaven. Heaven is not bound by the same rules as the visible universe.

So, if god created time, and he obviously had to exist before time existed in order to create time, than we can conclude that god ALWAYS was, because anything that existed BEFORE time and space, existed always and will always exist.

This also makes sense because the universe DID have a beginning (study thermophysics and specifically entropy and you'll come to the conclusion that the universe must have had a beginning, a state of zero entropy, since negative entropy is not possible, it must have had a definite beginning), and there is no space without time and there is no time without space. And what was before time? Nothing, just god.

So, even though it's illogical and a huge leap of faith to claim the universe just spontaneously came into being, it is NOT a leap of faith to believe some powerful extra-dimensional benign being existed even before the universe. In some weird alternate dimension that has COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RULES. This totally makes sense and even though it can not scientifically be proven (unless we invent a trans-dimensional something, and god does not prevent it) it is the most logical answer to the facts we have.
legendary
September 09, 2014, 01:44:03 PM
I still dont understand why people dont want to be gods, we could truly become such a force in the future. I for one dont like the idea of some single entity controlling me and having more power than me.

Again, Jesus quoted a passage in Psalms in the Old Testament where it says that we are gods when the Word of God (Bible) comes to us. This doesn't mean that if we receive a Bible book from a friend that we are a god. It means that when we come to understand the thread of the salvation provided by Jesus - the theme of the Bible - that THEN we are a god, even though we will die like any other son of a man.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
September 09, 2014, 01:37:49 PM
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
September 09, 2014, 01:34:26 PM
Most contradictory title I've ever seen. I don't think there could really be proof that god does exist. Wait till heaven
legendary
September 09, 2014, 01:34:13 PM
This is exactly why God wants us to have faith. The universe and nature are full of many wonderful evidences for God. In fact, we are so close to proving that God exists by the evidences, that we are right on top of the proof. Yet, we will never get there. God is too big. We might have revelations from Him. But we won't ever quite get scientific proof. The evidences are there to show us that we don't have to have blind faith. God is making faith easy for us through the multitudes of evidences for His existence.

Smiley

I wasn't sure
Now I am
You Sir are a troll

If you don't accept the existence of God, you are working for the Devil by default. So that makes YOU one of HIS trolls.

Smiley

I think you misunderstood
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troll?s=t

troll2
[trohl]

noun
1. (in Scandinavian folklore) any of a race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
September 09, 2014, 01:34:05 PM

legendary
September 09, 2014, 01:32:36 PM

legendary
September 09, 2014, 01:30:49 PM
Answer to the OPs title: There is no proof.

There is difficulty in proving anything. The evidence for God is extremely great.

Scientists and medical researchers are finding that all of nature acts like a gigantic machine. This nature-machine is extremely complex, way beyond man's present understanding. Yet, they can't find a source that could have built the machine. So they try to attribute it to millions and billions of years of happenstance. The only thing that we see over long periods of time is decay. Never an increase in complexity.

Consider Bitcoin. How many thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of years will it take to crack the encryption in the blockchain? We all accept the complexity involved in Bitcoin. Yet it has taken years for people, "machine makers," to figure the Bitcoin thing out. The best programming technicians might be able to do the programming, but it doesn't make them able to crack the encryption.

Nature is like this, except that we haven't even come close to figuring out the programming, yet. And for sure, if we EVER figured out the programming, it would be untold, unimaginable eons of ADDITIONAL time before we could crack the encryption. But if we could crack the encryption, could we ever figure out what the Programmer of the universe was truly like?

The point is, Whoever, Whatever the Programmer of the universe is, He/She/It is way beyond anything that we will ever find on our own. And this is the reason why we use the word "God." The only way we will ever understand God is if He stoops down and reveals Himself to us (He did it in the Bible).

The REAL question isn't something like, "Are you serious that you think God exists?" Rather, the question is, "What are you doing involving yourself with Bitcoin if you, even slightly, think that God does NOT exist?" Bye!

Smiley

this, exactly this.

the universe itself is proof of god, all the proof you need.
Jump to: