Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 430. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
December 27, 2014, 06:46:36 AM
It's not the same. Why would had our devs bother to spend thousands hours of coding if so...  the way you say this is a bit misleading IMHO.
]

I never said it was the same. I said the anonymity uses the same underlying approach as cryptonote so the resulting anonymity is the same (or worse, if minting/destroy is used too much, but that is up to the users I suppose). I acknowledged some minor differences, but I don't believe they are particularly significant in the area of anonymity.

As for why thousands of hours were spent on it, you would have to ask them. Presumably they thought that reimplementing it all was a good idea for whatever collection of reasons. I guess the market will decide.

Question, can cryptonote coins slot in updated technology to there code without starting from scratch? because i know SDC can without starting from scratch so yeah maybe it's based on the same technique as cryptonote but it can be improved and it's faster and slimmer and the wallet is the best looking and functioning wallet in the crypto world with chat and many extras coming soon so right now we win  Tongue we will have mobile wallets in the near future with all this tech would like to see any of the cryptonote coins pull that off.
Here is my first post ever to you, you were comparing SDC to cryptonote, and i brought up bytecoin the first cryptonote coin, every single one of your posts has been the same.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 27, 2014, 06:46:05 AM
CRYPTONOTE VS SHADOWSEND SHOULD BE ON HOLD TILL MORE INFO COMES FROM SDC DEVS

Fair enough, but I keep telling you there is no "CRYPTONOTE VS SHADOWSEND" except that one particular person seems to want to make it into that.

Cool. We are of an accord.

Bear in mind a crytographer is involved in Shadowsend, Techovert. If, as you say, ssv2 is an implementation of cryptonote, then why would Ryno collaborate with him? Ryno certainly has the skill to build an implementation of cryptonote without any help…

hmmm…

We wait.
(some of us anyway, lulz)
legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:39:00 AM

Fair enough, but I keep telling you there is no "CRYPTONOTE VS SHADOWSEND" except that one particular person seems to want to make it into that.

NO!! i just want you to cut it out couldn't care less for cryptonote, i bought em i dumped em now im here, why are you?

Because I was discussing some technical issues about SDC and shadowsend before you starting talking about some other coins.

I was also invited to have this conversation by other members of the SDC community who don't share your ugly and combative approach.

Constantly repeating in every post you make how SDC is the same as cryptonote is not technical analysis it's being a broken record, you have said the same thing like 10 times, and you said you haven't even studied the code only read the white paper, you don't even have any SDC im guessing, my approach maybe "ugly and combative" but yours is smooth and sneaky like your name.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
December 27, 2014, 06:34:00 AM

NO!! i just want you to cut it out couldn't care less for cryptonote, i bought em i dumped em now im here, why are you?

Because I was discussing some technical issues about SDC and shadowsend before you starting talking about some other coins.

I was also invited to have this conversation by other members of the SDC community who don't share your ugly and combative approach.
legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:31:08 AM

legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:29:10 AM

December 27, 2014, 06:26:30 AM
What perplexes me is why people are bending over backward to claim that shadowsend doesn't use (something very close to the) the cryptonote design for anonymous coins. It's a great system, the best one around. Your project and developers should be congratulated for choosing it and apparently implementing it effectively.

Instead this turns into a food fight over claims of "No, it's completely new!" (which as someone else pointed out is rather silly even if it weren't incorrect with respect to cryptonote, since every single coin is copied from bitcoin) and who is supposedly advertising in your thread. Silly.

Just give cryptonote their due credit for their part of all this (which is sort of done in the white paper since they are listed as a reference) and get back to the business of building and promoting the coin.

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done

How about you stop posting that lie? Especially since your own devs included the cryptonote white paper as a reference in their white paper. It was somewhat questionable that they never explained how that reference relates to the rest of the paper (hint: extensively) but perhaps that was an honest oversight.

But since I've explained this to you several times already, and cited specific technical details to back it up, I can only conclude that you are being deliberately dishonest. Let's hope you are the only one. Individual trolls on bitcointalk are no big deal. The rest of the SDC community seems pretty cool about the whole thing.

You forget to tell me why the SDC community needs to give give credit and respect to cryptonote, what did they do for us again?

Let's see, they first applied the ring signature technique combined with stealth addresses to distributed cryptocurrencies, which is the exact same combination of techniques that SDC has now adopted as its core feature.

It should pretty damn obvious that something implemented 9 months later in the same market -- that the developers damn well knew about -- is clearly a derivative.

Your comment is about as absurd as asking what Satoshi did for us.

Your pushing it a little smooth…
please
December 27, 2014, 06:25:37 AM
Mother of God...

It is for the best dadon…
legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:24:49 AM
What perplexes me is why people are bending over backward to claim that shadowsend doesn't use (something very close to the) the cryptonote design for anonymous coins. It's a great system, the best one around. Your project and developers should be congratulated for choosing it and apparently implementing it effectively.

Instead this turns into a food fight over claims of "No, it's completely new!" (which as someone else pointed out is rather silly even if it weren't incorrect with respect to cryptonote, since every single coin is copied from bitcoin) and who is supposedly advertising in your thread. Silly.

Just give cryptonote their due credit for their part of all this (which is sort of done in the white paper since they are listed as a reference) and get back to the business of building and promoting the coin.

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done

How about you stop posting that lie? Especially since your own devs included the cryptonote white paper as a reference in their white paper. It was somewhat questionable that they never explained how that reference relates to the rest of the paper (hint: extensively) but perhaps that was an honest oversight.

But since I've explained this to you several times already, and cited specific technical details to back it up, I can only conclude that you are being deliberately dishonest. Let's hope you are the only one. Individual trolls on bitcointalk are no big deal. The rest of the SDC community seems pretty cool about the whole thing.

You forget to tell me why the SDC community needs to give give credit and respect to cryptonote, what did they do for us again?

Let's see, they first applied the ring signature technique combined with stealth addresses to distributed cryptocurrencies, which is the exact same combination of techniques that SDC has now adopted as its core feature.

It should pretty damn obvious that something implemented 9 months later in the same market -- that the developers damn well knew about -- is clearly a derivative.

Your comment is about as absurd as asking what Satoshi did for us.

legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:21:26 AM
Mother of God...Sorry i just really appreciate all the hard UNPAID!! work our team has done, and refuse to give anyone credit but them untill they say it's okay to give credit to someone else, i don't think that's going to happen.
December 27, 2014, 06:21:18 AM

Easy. I invited smooth yesterday to rejoin the tech convo.
There clearly might be similarities between the two systems and I'm all up for comparing.

At this point we await Ryno and the cryptographer Techovert who together wrote SSv2 to weigh in.

There is no Cryptonote vs Shadow just some guy constantly comparing them, saying they are the same, and telling us we should give them credit for something our dev team did and they had nothing to do with, I respect the hard work our dsev team has done, and giving credit to cryptonote for there hard yards and constantly comparing them is fucking rude.

YOU might well be right my passionate friend, but let's wait to hear it straight from the Ryno's mouth Wink

p.s. u guys type fast!
December 27, 2014, 06:20:20 AM

Dadon. Respect the passion. Lets keep it clean.

There clearly might be similarities between the two systems and I'm all up for comparing.

At this point we await Ryno and the cryptographer Techovert who together wrote SSv2 to weigh in.

~~Insert meme of dude eating popcorn here~~
legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:19:50 AM

There is no Cryptonote vs Shadow just some guy constantly comparing them, saying they are the same, and telling us we should give them credit for something our dev team did and they had nothing to do with, I respect the hard work our dsev team has done, and giving credit to cryptonote for there hard yards and constantly comparing them is fucking rude.
legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:17:00 AM

You forget to tell me why the SDC community needs to give give credit and respect to cryptonote, what did they do for us again? And im not a troll i don't go on other coins threads i am one of the largest SDC holders and have been holding for about 4 months now, i bet you don't even own any SDC so why the interest..if it's almost exactly the same as cryptonote as you claim.
December 27, 2014, 06:16:53 AM

~~Insert meme of dude eating popcorn here~~
December 27, 2014, 06:14:14 AM

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done  and we stop talking about cryptonote coins here because SDC is not a cryptonote coin and this is the SDC thread sound good? it does to me, what perplexes me is how people make a big deal about price speculation here but they listen to this shit and say nothing, and we don't have to give cryptonote respect or credit like seriously why? give me a reason why we should give them respect and credit, what did they do for SDC again?

legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:12:40 AM

legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:12:25 AM
your name suits you smooth,smoothest most sneaky troll on btc.org, i take my hat off too you, but it's time to go back to your own thread.
legendary
December 27, 2014, 06:04:47 AM

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done  and we stop talking about cryptonote coins here because SDC is not a cryptonote coin and this is the SDC thread sound good? it does to me, what perplexes me is how people make a big deal about price speculation here but they listen to this shit and say nothing, and we don't have to give cryptonote respect or credit like seriously why? give me a reason why we should give them respect and credit, what did they do for SDC again?
legendary
December 27, 2014, 05:56:37 AM

Jump to: