Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 435. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
December 25, 2014, 03:04:21 PM
Any reason why I would be seeing 0 active networks? This is the same result on two computers that I have.

Using the bootstrap often helps, the instructions are in this post, hopefully that sorts it out.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
December 25, 2014, 02:52:29 PM
Any reason why I would be seeing 0 active networks? This is the same result on two computers that I have.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 25, 2014, 02:50:48 PM
As someone new to SDC, I've just downloaded the newest wallet and noticed that is not finding any active networks. Does it usually take a while?

Nope
Activity: 45
December 25, 2014, 02:49:25 PM
As someone new to SDC, I've just downloaded the newest wallet and noticed that is not finding any active networks. Does it usually take a while?
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
December 25, 2014, 02:36:28 PM

must be frustrated by the lack of hype after v2 and they could be thinking that any further work on the project will be worthless as a result (if releasing ShadowSend v2 does not increase price, then what will?). Of course I understand that price is not everything, but in the end the devs need to feed their kids.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not spreading FUD and I own 120k SDC and will hold since I am a gambler and I believe in the tech, but it is still a worry (we don't want another Cloak).

What do you guys think?

PS Merry christmas

for last 3-4 months i am telling the same, then people gets angry with me....up to now it was always the same

in altcoin market, there is no logic...the tech you developed has no effect on the price unless you have a strong trading group who will increase and stabilize the price and that group will also prevent spikes and unreasonable hypes...

some people thinks it is pump group...as long as you keep on developing tech and improving the coin, then it is not really pump...in real stock market there is market maker who stabilze the prices

without price and volume increase, there is no way sdc attracts attention and will have a better distribution

we always hoped that we will see price increase...

zk-test - price went nowhere but down, then we told wait for the announcement of zk and whitepaper
announcement of zk and whitepapaer - price went nowhere but down, then we told wait for the fork
fork - price went nowhere but down, then we are telling now but it is christmas and also wait for marketplace

lets see what is next??? it is like a fairytale
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
December 25, 2014, 02:35:52 PM
All good points, let's see what the new year will bring us!
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Altcom : AZwV4Zh2MdYhvyni4QbR5c2CfsAWkcCXAC
December 25, 2014, 01:56:20 PM
Merry Christmas all!
More SDC at 20K for me for xmas  Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
December 25, 2014, 01:16:17 PM
I think the price is just because nobody much knows about Shadow yet.  It needs some press in the media.  People got burnt out on anon coins that had a lot of promises but never delivered.  I remember Coindesk had a piece a while ago on how darkcoin is the new king of alt-coins.  In my opinion SDC blows DRK out of the water, and DRK has like a 10 million market cap still.  Perhaps when the decentralized Shadow marketplace is up, it will get more attention.  Also since its around Christmas, its hard to get much attention.  Perhaps in the new year we will have more luck.

I haven't seen any alt-coins at all that have as nice of wallet as SDC, or devs that are obviously putting in HUGE amounts of work and effort.  These guys are obviously brilliant and very talented and dedicated.  I think if we build it they will come.  SDC has the best anon solution I have seen.  SDC is like the guy on the hockey team who has got all the tricks and the talent, he scores all the goals and sets up all the plays.  Hes got the smarts. He works harder than anyone else.  Yet its DRK, and XPY that get all the attention and credit and wear the C on their jersey.  Its unfair, but just trust in honor, dignity, and true value.  Its not about the money or fake hype for these devs, and that is why in the end SDC will prevail.  I hope these devs will keep at it, its only a matter of time before this project gets the attention it deserves.
Activity: 606
December 25, 2014, 12:11:22 PM
Calm down about the prices.

Giant spikes in price are orchestrated by pump groups. Acceptance will be a gradual thing. People hardly understand bitcoin and you're expecting them to jump ship to a coin that is hardly developed.

Gradual acceptance is a good thing. Price stability is a good thing. Giant spikes in price are bad things.
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 25, 2014, 11:15:29 AM
One worry i have is that devs will abandon the project after all their excellent hard work turned out to have no positive effect on the price. I mean, what incentive do the devs now have to continue working on this project? Surely they must be frustrated by the lack of hype after v2 and they could be thinking that any further work on the project will be worthless as a result (if releasing ShadowSend v2 does not increase price, then what will?). Of course I understand that price is not everything, but in the end the devs need to feed their kids.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not spreading FUD and I own 120k SDC and will hold since I am a gambler and I believe in the tech, but it is still a worry (we don't want another Cloak).

What do you guys think?

PS Merry christmas

Lol. Don't worry and be happy with your 120k. SSv2 is only starting for sure. Get your holidays
P.S. The problem lies not in the lack of PR. The main problem is in the tranquility and overall situation on the whole alt market. The volume of alts in the spring-summer was 3-4x greater than it is now. But anyway this project is the best place for investing for you
Activity: 616
December 25, 2014, 11:09:55 AM
One worry i have is that devs will abandon the project after all their excellent hard work turned out to have no positive effect on the price. I mean, what incentive do the devs now have to continue working on this project? Surely they must be frustrated by the lack of hype after v2 and they could be thinking that any further work on the project will be worthless as a result (if releasing ShadowSend v2 does not increase price, then what will?). Of course I understand that price is not everything, but in the end the devs need to feed their kids.

What do you guys think?

PS Merry christmas

If this was about money, we definitely would not work as we do on a single project, and we definitely would not have open sourced on our first opportunity to do so..

Activity: 530
December 25, 2014, 10:52:39 AM

What do you guys think?

PS Merry christmas
Activity: 23
December 25, 2014, 10:31:28 AM
Merry Christmas SDC
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
December 25, 2014, 10:00:28 AM
Holly Molly. Can't believe what my eyes are seing on Trex.

hahaha

lets not talk about price  Wink it was never where we expect it to be

the more tech we develop, lower price we see
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
December 25, 2014, 09:40:00 AM
ShadowCash Christmas sale on at Bittrex Grin
Activity: 700
★ IT's Party Time! ★
December 25, 2014, 09:35:55 AM

This is Christmas gifts at the Bittrex

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 25, 2014, 08:19:39 AM
Activity: 503
December 25, 2014, 02:49:05 AM
Jyap brought this ponzi site up in IRC and raised concern about it's integrity. You can check out his tweet here: https://twitter.com/jyap/status/547866977574719489/photo/1 Please be smart about your funds and use caution whenever trusting a third party with your funds.. I checked it out and it doesn't seem legit. http://cryptodouble.com/

Just saw that and was going to post it here. That's over 1% of the coins and will be 3% IF it gets paid back. Very dangerous game being played.

If you look at early transactions on the site you'll see they just stay in the deposit address and get paid back to original address + 100% from another account. The funds aren't used for trading (obviously) showing without a doubt it's a classic ponzi. The records are there to verify anyone thinking about playing with fire.

BIG BALLS if this pays out. Jump from Rich List #21 to #9 in a little over 4 days

It absolutely will not pay out. Eventually somebody is going to get screwed and then the crook will immediately dump the coin and crash the market.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
December 24, 2014, 10:32:11 PM
Jyap brought this ponzi site up in IRC and raised concern about it's integrity. You can check out his tweet here: https://twitter.com/jyap/status/547866977574719489/photo/1 Please be smart about your funds and use caution whenever trusting a third party with your funds.. I checked it out and it doesn't seem legit. http://cryptodouble.com/

Just saw that and was going to post it here. That's over 1% of the coins and will be 3% IF it gets paid back. Very dangerous game being played.

If you look at early transactions on the site you'll see they just stay in the deposit address and get paid back to original address + 100% from another account. The funds aren't used for trading (obviously) showing without a doubt it's a classic ponzi. The records are there to verify anyone thinking about playing with fire.

BIG BALLS if this pays out. Jump from Rich List #21 to #9 in a little over 4 days
Activity: 714
RISE Project Manager
December 24, 2014, 10:25:03 PM
Merry Christmas SDC community!  Cheesy
Jump to: