Pages:
Author

Topic: sell bitcoin to buy fiat or altcoin? - page 12. (Read 15856 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 0
August 29, 2018, 01:17:21 AM
We all always seek profits in cryptocurrency trading, if the price of bitcoin soars, will you sell it to buy fiat or altcoin? If you buy altcoin, what is the altcoin that you will buy?

I love diversification as this is my  safe way of doing business. So I prefer putting my money in all rather than stocking them in one.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
September 17, 2018, 05:11:13 PM
Why to sell bitcoin? If unless it stands 2-3 times more expensively than now, it is possible to exchange its some part for other tokens. But to sell all I do not advise.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
August 28, 2018, 05:52:38 PM
BTC pump = alts will pump more, but at a slightly later date, normally half day after to 3 days after.

BTC drop = alts will drop more, almost an immediate reaction.

Conclusion = convert alts to BTC during the reds, then watch out for BTC greens to convert for more alts. Now when the alts pump outperform BTC, convert alts for more BTC. Rinse and repeat. Sounds easy theoretically, but timing the market is extremely difficult. Otherwise, just hodl.
precisely because of the theory that everything looks very good, but in practice everything is quite difficult, in some situations it is better to leave everything as it is. Thus, you will not lose more, and if the market recovers, at least it will give an opportunity to return the money spent.
Activity: 563
Merit: 101
August 28, 2018, 03:24:40 PM
BTC pump = alts will pump more, but at a slightly later date, normally half day after to 3 days after.

BTC drop = alts will drop more, almost an immediate reaction.

Conclusion = convert alts to BTC during the reds, then watch out for BTC greens to convert for more alts. Now when the alts pump outperform BTC, convert alts for more BTC. Rinse and repeat. Sounds easy theoretically, but timing the market is extremely difficult. Otherwise, just hodl.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
August 27, 2018, 02:22:32 AM
We all always seek profits in cryptocurrency trading, if the price of bitcoin soars, will you sell it to buy fiat or altcoin? If you buy altcoin, what is the altcoin that you will buy?
I usually do not hold Bitcoin because it does not bring too much profit to me. I will now use all my money to invest in EOS and ETH. It's really 2 very potential altcoins in the future and the pumping will happen soon.
Activity: 350
August 27, 2018, 12:22:19 AM

If I think that I have got enough profit with the rising price of the bitcoin and also the rising price of the coins which I have, I certainly sell my coins for having fiat. This is my crypto routine.
Activity: 217
Merit: 5
August 26, 2018, 11:41:30 PM
For me,i don't want to sell my bitcoin to buy any altcoins. I keep my bitcoins while doing trading and long term investment. I know that it will become much more profitable than altcoins in the future. Even bitcoin price now in the market goes down,i can wait for the time that it will rise up and recover from the dump.
Activity: 994
Merit: 106
Official Street Team member
August 26, 2018, 11:25:56 PM
at times like this we better sell it with fiat money, because it's useless if you exchange BTC to Altcoin the price is equally dropped, and vice versa if you sell Altcoin for BTC you might get profit today but not necessarily tomorrow
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 26, 2018, 07:06:41 PM
If the BTC decreases in exchange rates or risk of death, at that time altcoins will be severely affected. So I will exchange from crypto to fiat currency if the cryptocurrency is affected. This is the best way to minimize losses if the cryptos rate drops rapidly.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
August 26, 2018, 07:00:25 PM
My plan.

When bitcoin hits $10,000 - $20,000 I'll sell.

But I have no choice now that I have to sell because of some needs and most of my plans aren't even followed.

One altcoin that I'm buying is ETH.
Activity: 145
August 26, 2018, 06:48:27 PM
I believe that you can not sell bitcoin until the moment when it is used massively in the whole world. I buy altcoins for other money, but I do not touch my Bitcoin supplies.
Activity: 510
Merit: 102
August 26, 2018, 06:39:20 PM
Nowadays i prefer to sell bitcoin for buying altcoins. There are many potential altcoins and prices are very low now. I hope i will make a good profit in a few months.
Sometimes I sell a portion of my bitcoin to buy my selected altcoin even in this bear market but one one thing I will make sure that I will hold my large portion of bitcoin because I believe that green day will come soon especially this coming December as what I have experienced last year, it is true that to make profits in this market situation is to trade a good movement alts to earn profits but focus and dedication is necessary.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
August 26, 2018, 05:22:46 PM
Why to sell bitcoin? If unless it stands 2-3 times more expensively than now, it is possible to exchange its some part for other tokens. But to sell all I do not advise.
Merit: 107
August 26, 2018, 05:51:26 PM
Nowadays i prefer to sell bitcoin for buying altcoins. There are many potential altcoins and prices are very low now. I hope i will make a good profit in a few months.
Activity: 658
August 26, 2018, 05:14:16 PM
you can try to look for a good alt fiat is the last thing you can think about in my opinion after bull market in bitcoin good alt will follow good luck with your investment
Activity: 50
August 14, 2018, 12:19:49 AM

Of course its a transfer to fiat. If alt coin, it would be a pegged coin like TUSD
Activity: 420
August 13, 2018, 11:54:36 PM
Now it's unconditional transfer to Fiat, the prices for alts simply cause fear for them. Thus, there will be an opportunity to keep a small capital, and then continue to act on the situation.
Merit: 13
August 13, 2018, 11:18:34 PM
If prices start to rise I will buy some eth and other altcoins that have the potential to have a high price. I hope now the market will stay green and the traders can enjoy the task and earn big profits.
Yes you are right, I prefer ETH to be collected, and I sell it when prices soar, if prices soar I will continue to sell them. I believe that Altcoin has a long term. And I am sure that at the end of the year there will be a high wave.
Activity: 164
August 13, 2018, 11:07:03 PM

Bitcoin is a shield for all cryptocurrency on the market. It seems unethical that bitcoin which being is experiencing growth then we sell it to buy altcoins. We should wait for the development of the next bitcoin price, which direction will bitcoin run? ...

The Altcoin that I will buy are those who have a good reputation, for example: Ethereum, BitcoinCash, Eos, Litecoin, Cardano and Neo.

The direction of the bitcoin run is up, but it will take many more months to realize that.
Activity: 462
August 13, 2018, 01:15:38 PM

I have a reverse strategy as yours. I am selling my altcoins to buy more bitcoin specially if I am holding an unstable coin with inactive developers. I prefer holding bitcoin because I have my full trust for it and I believe that it won't fail me anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: