Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 64. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 2
March 09, 2018, 02:38:55 PM
There is nothing wrong in asking KYC (actually, in some situations is mandatory); what is really irritating is when the ask for your papers at the END of a campaign!
(that probably you hadn't started if you knew of this request)
It's a real problem, and probably we'll se more and more situations where some "entities" will ask our ID.
We'll see.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
March 09, 2018, 02:31:59 PM
it all depends on the project in which you are ready to provide your data and how much you have invested in it! I do not think that you think of this idea if you invest in a project for example $10,000 and then he finds out that you sent false documents, what will happen to your money? Of course you will lose them! but if you participate in the bounty and they ask you to go through the procedure KYC you do not lose anything from your exposure except their time and possible profits in the future!
Activity: 112
Merit: 5
March 09, 2018, 02:12:41 PM
I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
March 09, 2018, 01:33:04 PM
As we know, many ICOs now use the KYC to claim the tokens or coins. However, Some people may be difficult to fulfill and the KYC because of some problems. Especially, they are in the region that is forbidden to join the ICO. In this situation, some people use the fake ID. Actually, this action is unfair to some people even some others think that it is the only way to pass the KYC. However, I'm really sure that each developer has owned the high technology and concept to see which one able to pass the KYC fairly. But, when you can really send the real ID, why not?
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
March 09, 2018, 01:24:13 PM
Mmm...I like the idea to send fake identity (not too difficul to create fake passports); but I'm not so sure they can't verify.
I'm pretty sure that at least big company have connection in the government and can acces a people data base (a normal airport scanner would be enough)
Yeah youre right they can truly monitor the government list of scanner thats why they produce kyc.And we should responsible enough to give our true identity so that the honesty will still the best way of all.
If scammers so stupid they don't participate in bounty and ICO. Teams afraid that SEC take them by the ass. That's why some of this need a KYC. Other will trade our docs. All simply. Do not need to complicate things
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
March 09, 2018, 12:53:40 PM
Mmm...I like the idea to send fake identity (not too difficul to create fake passports); but I'm not so sure they can't verify.
I'm pretty sure that at least big company have connection in the government and can acces a people data base (a normal airport scanner would be enough)
Yeah youre right they can truly monitor the government list of scanner thats why they produce kyc.And we should responsible enough to give our true identity so that the honesty will still the best way of all.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
Pepemo.vip
March 09, 2018, 12:43:39 PM
This is really a question about the legitimacy of KYC, we all know from a fact that KYC can be easily done without sending your real identity. Some people send fake documents for their own purpose, eg. Security and disclosure of their identity, I myself don't want to get involve in KYC that's why I prefer to buy in exchange than in ICO, but now looks like more exchange might require KYC for their costumer. The problem now how can they validate if the submitted ID's are real?
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 09, 2018, 12:39:28 PM
Activity: 476
March 09, 2018, 12:29:38 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

sending KYC when participating in ICO actually it has a positive side and the negative side, the positive side we can find out who and where the investor came from, the negative side of his identity you give can be traded and it is very dangerous because we know the passport is the identity very sensitive and most ICO now require passport for KYC. so it should not be necessary because it is sensitive.
Activity: 267
March 09, 2018, 12:12:05 PM
I can't understand how people can send in their real documents to anyone online. With the way these exchanges are getting hacked, there can't be anything worse than losing your personal documents to these hackers.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 09, 2018, 12:09:54 PM
Honestly, I don't encourage entering campaigns which are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is in itself despicably since it goes against everything crypto and bitcoin stands for. If everybody actively abandon such campaigns, the companies themselves will stop asking for KYC submissions. There are so many campaigns which don't require KYC submissions in order to earn profits. I don't encourage submitting fake KYC in order to earn profits since this could probably pose a problem to the person whose credentials you are submitting.
I know, those that are asking for that kind of information are doing it out of laziness they could have created their icos in a jurisdiction in which they did not needed to ask for that information but they choose not to do that, if people abandon those kind of campaigns then they will have no option but to try to relocate their project, in the future they will know that we are not going to accept that.
Activity: 456
Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace
March 09, 2018, 11:34:43 AM
I think they just want to see where you live and I'm sure they will not check any ID in detail because of how many hundred million IDs they should check if they will check it out?I do not think so..
there has been much debate about whether a KYC is used to identify investors? because many of them are afraid of their personal information being used for bad things by someone who is not responsible.if this personal data information is hacked by someone, this would be very dangerous.
I understand some countries are forbidden to follow an ICO, but with what you say is like making a fake document and they still accept it means there is still no certainty about the KYC they apply.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 11:22:31 AM
If there isn't an official request from governamental institution, or a specific law to respect (for a lot of investments KYC is mandatory), there is no reason to send you ID and your papers to un unknown entity.
So, fake it!
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
March 08, 2018, 06:19:27 PM
I 100% agree. It seems that a lot of people don't understand what a bad guy can do on the deep web with their personal data and a passport scan.
It's very simple to make a fake ID with photoshop, and they can't verify.

Always always always send in a fake ID if your FOMO overcomes you. 

Sending in your real documents puts you on the wrong side of the intelligence bell curve.  You guys are insane sending your Passports over the internet to a person you have never met and do not know. 

Activity: 266
Merit: 105
March 08, 2018, 05:53:19 PM
If it is unfair for you, why not do the same? These fraud people are the ones who are not contented, hoping to get more by being a scammers. What's the difference between them? None... Fraud, fake, scammers, trash. So, if you wanna be like them? Go on
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
March 08, 2018, 05:17:56 PM
Where can I get these ID cards? I would like to do one too. then I can be there at 100 airdrops . my real data does not get an airdrop in this century from me

To me "photoshopping" your own is the best way to go.  

Do you think they are going to check some guys electric bill that lives in a remote part of Paraguay?  The projects asking for your KYC are in it to mine for your data.

Coinbase = mining for the govtment to track you
bittrex = mining for the govtment to track you

ICO's/airdrops/bounties = mining for personal data to be sold on the dark web.

The most appalling thing is that its the poor guys trying to get into and ICO with under 10k giving up their data.  If you send your passport in and invested less than 1000USD then you need to take a long hard look at the decisions your making.  Can't be a whale one day if your under investigation for god knows what due to the fact some criminal was using your passport.  

Are you can to 'photoshop' without any track about editing? Usually, it's impossible. Or you have any soft for this? Please, tell us. It's very important issue for all participants
Activity: 532
March 08, 2018, 04:30:33 PM
It is not as easy as it sounds. because they dont ask only id or passport. they also ask for selfies holding those documents. it is not easy to change them properly by photoshop. need professional hands to do it otherwise they can catch and fire you from the ico.

To anyone who took a selfie of themselves and sent that along with your passport you are truly a lost soul.  Are you guys fucking serious?  A selfie?  Could you feel yourself selling out as you did that?  Or was it just operation normal?  

Yes, KYC include selfie very often. Because ID or passport simply find in internet. And most interested that KYC need for bounty also. For bounty! Without any invested money
Activity: 392
March 08, 2018, 04:26:03 PM
If big players get in crypto and all these regulations take place KYC will be normal thing for any serious crypto project. Governments will not accept crypto without knowing who is using it.

I know only two locations with regulated ICOs - USA and Singapure. But question is why ICOs from other locations which not regulated by anyone have requested IDs?
Not regulations ICO only. In news you can see that SEC published some issues about tokens and ICO with DEX or trading platform.
However your question is right but simple. Because everyone is afraid SEC
Activity: 392
March 08, 2018, 04:19:56 PM
If big players get in crypto and all these regulations take place KYC will be normal thing for any serious crypto project. Governments will not accept crypto without knowing who is using it.

I know only two locations with regulated ICOs - USA and Singapure. But question is why ICOs from other locations which not regulated by anyone have requested IDs?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 04:15:38 PM
It is not as easy as it sounds. because they dont ask only id or passport. they also ask for selfies holding those documents. it is not easy to change them properly by photoshop. need professional hands to do it otherwise they can catch and fire you from the ico.

To anyone who took a selfie of themselves and sent that along with your passport you are truly a lost soul.  Are you guys fucking serious?  A selfie?  Could you feel yourself selling out as you did that?  Or was it just operation normal?  

Pages:
Jump to: