Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 65. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 04:15:04 PM
If big players get in crypto and all these regulations take place KYC will be normal thing for any serious crypto project. Governments will not accept crypto without knowing who is using it.
But in this case main idea crypto will become lost. We get another digital "paradise" without any chance to make own choice. Because privacy coins will be killed in such case
Yes, but I really don't see how those big players will allow something that big like financial system to run without allowing them insight.

To have real crypto space people would need to organize financial system on top of cryptocurrencies by themselves  without big players but I think we are not on that level yet.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
March 08, 2018, 04:05:48 PM
If big players get in crypto and all these regulations take place KYC will be normal thing for any serious crypto project. Governments will not accept crypto without knowing who is using it.
But in this case main idea crypto will become lost. We get another digital "paradise" without any chance to make own choice. Because privacy coins will be killed in such case
Activity: 38
March 08, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
March 08, 2018, 03:49:11 PM
It is not as easy as it sounds. because they dont ask only id or passport. they also ask for selfies holding those documents. it is not easy to change them properly by photoshop. need professional hands to do it otherwise they can catch and fire you from the ico.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
March 08, 2018, 03:46:29 PM
I have Polymath and Bobs and they have non of my information.  Sorry you sent yours in.

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs.  Jesus guys.

Check out the laws in your area and wisen up to the internet game.  Why in the hell would you give an unknown person your passport?   

Agreed, the KYC is just a safety measure in case you are a criminal or something.
But, if you provide a fake id, it's not like you gave it to a government authority or something, just to an project. And if the project turns out to be scam, then there is that, you win!
Activity: 36
March 08, 2018, 03:30:17 PM
Did it occur to you guys that the entire point of crypto currency is for you to be able to make anonymous transactions.  If you allow the bankers and governments to ID you what is the point of crypto's? 

To you guys who sent in all your documents.  Good luck.  That info is worth a lot to some of the poorer folks of the world.  You bet your ass its being sold now. 

Activity: 11
March 08, 2018, 03:11:51 PM
Where can I get these ID cards? I would like to do one too. then I can be there at 100 airdrops . my real data does not get an airdrop in this century from me

To me "photoshopping" your own is the best way to go.  

Do you think they are going to check some guys electric bill that lives in a remote part of Paraguay?  The projects asking for your KYC are in it to mine for your data.

Coinbase = mining for the govtment to track you
bittrex = mining for the govtment to track you

ICO's/airdrops/bounties = mining for personal data to be sold on the dark web.

The most appalling thing is that its the poor guys trying to get into and ICO with under 10k giving up their data.  If you send your passport in and invested less than 1000USD then you need to take a long hard look at the decisions your making.  Can't be a whale one day if your under investigation for god knows what due to the fact some criminal was using your passport.  

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 03:10:25 PM
I send my ID only for good exchanges. Although i am very regret about that.
Sending an ID for KYC is the stupid things. Its' very dangerous if some bad guy know you details profile. You can send fake ID if you want, although i don't agree with that.

I've sent my IDs to exchanges. I'm guessing this isn't as dangerous as sending it to an ICO. But does sending to an exchange still present a threat? And should it be a requirement?
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
March 08, 2018, 03:01:12 PM
Where can I get these ID cards? I would like to do one too. then I can be there at 100 airdrops . my real data does not get an airdrop in this century from me
Activity: 193
March 08, 2018, 02:58:06 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

Yes, that is the problem. If we send personal data, probably many people will use it for bad thing. That's why many people who faked personal data for the sake of security personal. So being problem provider services bounty.
Activity: 392
March 08, 2018, 02:55:39 PM
why should small investors send KYC? from $ 100000 it is ok. but with 100 dollars I do not do money laundering. I'm always waiting for the bounty people now. all icos today are cheaper after the end. I do not invest in ico anymore
Activity: 10
March 08, 2018, 02:35:51 PM
Always always always send in a fake ID if your FOMO overcomes you. 

Sending in your real documents puts you on the wrong side of the intelligence bell curve.  You guys are insane sending your Passports over the internet to a person you have never met and do not know. 

Activity: 196
March 08, 2018, 02:31:27 PM
Any more I just stay away from most projects requiring KYC. I will just buy it for a little more on the exchange. I will no longer give a stranger my identity.
Activity: 184
March 08, 2018, 02:24:38 PM
I think it is not easy for them to badify their image in that thought. But it seems that the companies that apply KYC to the ICO know this and they may not be too concerned about validating such fake photocopies. because they anyway get the user base token to buy or to trade. This is always a problem of applying online identity verification at events.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
March 08, 2018, 02:15:44 PM
It depends: I'd never send my personal data for a bounty, and for sure - I someone asked me - I'd send fake ID (very simple to do)
This for bounty, with little sums implied.
But if you invest in something, and you put some money, this can be illegal so think about the future: may be you need to demonstrate something, and with fake paper there will be trouble.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 12:15:48 PM
I'm surprised there is all these KYC threads out here with people complaining.  The solution is so simple it hurts.  How is a corporation going to check the validity of every human on earth.  LOL  You guys are fools if your sending in actual passports.  I thought you guys were playing.  Yikes.  No wonder its so easy to make $$ in crypto.  The people that are playing may not be the smartest.  Do you know how damn risky it is to send in a real passport to these piss ant ICO's?  If your data is not safe at the top banking institution and corporations in the world why in the hell would you send your passport to a company worth well nothing at the point your sending it in. The next little Jihadist is prob going to drop your passport at the scene.

Get Ubuntu (linux) all the editing tools are free. 

If you are as smart as you invest in ICO, without giving them your documents Huh good projects all require the passage of KYC, so how to be?
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
March 08, 2018, 12:01:13 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

i bet they even dont check it.
kyc only formality for ico owner.
this not fair for people that play fair.and i believe whoever that send fake id for kyc must be cheating.no reason for send fake id if they honest.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 969
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 08, 2018, 11:54:10 AM
Honestly, I don't encourage entering campaigns which are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is in itself despicably since it goes against everything crypto and bitcoin stands for. If everybody actively abandon such campaigns, the companies themselves will stop asking for KYC submissions. There are so many campaigns which don't require KYC submissions in order to earn profits. I don't encourage submitting fake KYC in order to earn profits since this could probably pose a problem to the person whose credentials you are submitting.
Activity: 420
March 08, 2018, 11:50:28 AM
whatt!! fake ID, is note fair dude.
you know, btt account is poeple have more than one an so many people the fake ID KYC.
it is not fair.

please stop the fake ID, fake account.
i just have one account in btt and it work.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 08, 2018, 11:42:19 AM
Sending documents to internet have lots of risk but it is a choice of person who wants to join or not...
It depends, some icos at the start said they will not require any kind of identification from their investors and then at the end they did needed that information so those that invested do not have too much of a choice, and this is why many people are complaining about these requirements because now they're facing a difficult decision of sending their information that they did not want to send in the first place or to lose their money.
Pages:
Jump to: