Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 66. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange
March 04, 2018, 07:34:41 PM
In my opinion KYC procedure is not correctly in decentralizing world of crypto investing etc
don't get me wrongly but I don't want send my ID
Activity: 672
Merit: 22
March 04, 2018, 07:34:34 PM
As I think KYC should be reserved for government/banks/insurances, when a crypto project ask for it, my first idea is to refuse.
BUT I already made it once, because I believed  strongly in the project... Polymath. And I was lucky and well rewarded  Smiley
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
March 04, 2018, 07:29:12 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I would never ever do KYC for bounty. That is like calling to get scammed. It's risky enough to invest in ICOs, now that KYC is being applied for bounty, that is absolutely ridiculous

Same here I'm never gonna send a KYC for a bounty, I don't feel like getting my identiy stolen by random people.

On the other hand while I don't love sending KYC, I'm pretty much forced to if I want to partecipate in any decent ICO.

I totally agree with this.
It does seem like many people are entering with bought ID's.
Activity: 303
Merit: 43
March 04, 2018, 07:26:54 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I would never ever do KYC for bounty. That is like calling to get scammed. It's risky enough to invest in ICOs, now that KYC is being applied for bounty, that is absolutely ridiculous

Same here I'm never gonna send a KYC for a bounty, I don't feel like getting my identiy stolen by random people.

On the other hand while I don't love sending KYC, I'm pretty much forced to if I want to partecipate in any decent ICO.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 07:14:28 PM
Listen, let's honestly, the companies do not want to spit on this procedure. It is for them to do this because the state dictates it to them, some people go for it with special attention. But that's not the point. Personally, I am against this procedure and do not see any reason why I should send my documents to anyone I do not know. You are sorry, of course, but I sent you my money, and you also want documents, are not enough for you? - Honestly, for me it is uttermost absurdity
Activity: 154
March 04, 2018, 06:21:33 PM
I'd be curious to see exactly how much dirty money is being moved around. I'm guessing it's a tiny fraction of the total and yet they treat good people like criminals. As if showing your ID and not appearing on some list automatically make you a good person. You need permission to send or receive your own money. Ridiculous. No wonder the world economy has slowed. It takes four days to get a wire from Canada to the US, using the excuse that the transaction needs to be screened. Another good way to increase the float, that money is sitting in someone's account getting used.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 05:24:34 PM
Question: How did they get a chance to see you Identification?

Have done KYC's and it is all directly to the email of the company or their google docs.
I dont think there is a chance they will get it if you are careful enough.
You cannot just posts your Identification anywhere specially when it is your passport ID or government ID's.
It will be a real problem if this hooligans get their hands on that.

Possibly it will be for their alt accounts.

Hopefully not too many scams care enough to actually ask for an ID. They should have at least this much dignity.
I just hope we won't end up seeing ourselves on the dark web.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 05:21:28 PM
youre 100%right
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
March 04, 2018, 05:19:59 PM
By making a copy of your passport anywhere, such as when issuing a new bank card or obtaining a driving license, you are at risk that your data will become public. So it makes no sense to send false documents. Do not send your documents to the airdrop various and questionable ICO.
If you are sending your documents make sure you are sending for exchanges that require those and there is no guarantee that they will be keeping it safe,either way sending in fake documents is just attracting damage ,if something goes wrong they would simply ban your account without even reviewing and if you have coins in the exchange you are doomed. Who would really send the documents for airdrops. Roll Eyes
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
March 04, 2018, 04:55:59 PM
By making a copy of your passport anywhere, such as when issuing a new bank card or obtaining a driving license, you are at risk that your data will become public. So it makes no sense to send false documents. Do not send your documents to the airdrop various and questionable ICO.
Activity: 248
Merit: 1
March 04, 2018, 04:09:26 PM

NOT FAIR.

Activity: 392
Merit: 24
March 04, 2018, 04:06:27 PM
Sending documents to internet have lots of risk but it is a choice of person who wants to join or not...
Activity: 992
Merit: 278
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
March 04, 2018, 04:05:47 PM
Most ICOs don't have access to public databases, and simply do a visual inspection of the ID. They cannot be expected to have a 100% secure KYC protocol, nobody does. I suspect all they do is check the name, check the ID, if they match up and the photo doesn't appear modified, then KYC passes, otherwise it's a fail/flag. I'd expect you to be perfectly fine doing this for the most part, though if you get caught you may have to forfeit your tokens.
Activity: 238
March 04, 2018, 04:00:48 PM
You can send driver license or international passport. I don't think that it is very dangerous. It is illusion that your documents are secret. There are a lot of real documents in the internet.
Activity: 168
March 04, 2018, 03:55:55 PM
That is a very good idea especially when you dont want your IDs getting sold to the deepweb because you wont know when will these people will sell your informations.Great idea and you wont have to worry about your personally information leaking into public,i should have done this before i have joined these ICOs so that i wont be worrying about my security.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
March 04, 2018, 03:45:28 PM
I think that many people have sent out real data, but after reading this thread most of the people would probably start to send out faked IDs. After all, why it's understandable that a financial institution like a bank is asking for a KYC, the same reasoning does not apply for ICOs, airdrops  and bounty campaigns. After all, you don't have to do a KYC every time you enter a shop and buy something, or if you go eating at McDonalds.
Activity: 574
Merit: 13
March 04, 2018, 12:37:50 PM
I think if a company that really keeps security, it will definitely check it thoroughly and ensure false and genuine identity. In addition, it will certainly maintain member documents.
But if not a company that is not clear, of course, must be in the beware.
Activity: 126
Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency
March 04, 2018, 12:31:09 PM
Why ahould I share my private documents with them? What if it is a scam project? I dont join KYc or I donr send fake dovuments. Now many coin owners want your information. I hate it.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
March 04, 2018, 12:24:47 PM

NOT FAIR.

KYC is having some real legit and legal problem there
Fake KYC, theft identity expose/stealing and etc

IIRC, there's coin that are focusing on KYC solution where one KYC documents upload, and we can just use that set of data to verify ourself and also protect our data with blockchain
Activity: 276
W12 – Blockchain protocol
March 04, 2018, 12:22:42 PM

NOT FAIR.

'This is really worrisome. I even religiously submitted my true documents in order to pass the KYC System. I don't know if who is the more secure now. If those who faked their documents or those who submitted their original documents? I hope this will not cause trouble.
Pages:
Jump to: