Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 69. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
March 01, 2018, 05:04:33 PM
Really a good idea,especially when you are living in country which are prohibiting you from joining these ICOs,and it will be more safe for you to send fake IDs because you dont want your real IDs to be sold at the deepweb which may cause you alot of trouble,the best thing to do is use fake IDs because these people whom are conducting KYCs are just checking out when you lived in U.S.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
March 01, 2018, 04:59:21 PM
This is really a good idea especially when you want to participate in ICOs and you are living in U.S based,you could easily other's identity so you will be accepted by these ICOs,i really like this because you wont have to worry about the SEC's regulations anymore,but be careful because you might still get caught when KYC will require you to submit some selfie with your ID.
Activity: 204
March 01, 2018, 04:50:26 PM
Yeah definitely a good idea when you dont want your IDs getting sold in the deepweb you can easily create a fake ID for your verification but make sure that your ID will have your face so that if the KYC will require you to have selfie you can send it without any hassle.My friends from the U.S are doing this so that they can still participate with these ICOs.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 04:47:21 PM
They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review.

None of them delete any info, some of them even sell or use these info.
There are too many fake ICO's, some have only this purpose, to collect ID data and use/sell for various reasons.

I said "serious" ICO.. check the cost to run any decent ICO in terms of marketing, developers, advisors, exchanges, etc.. i doubt the reward of selling some kyc´s could cover just a small portion of it all... but if you see a low profile ICO, with red flags and low budget asking for your passport, then it´s probably not a good idea to apply...
March 01, 2018, 04:41:19 PM
They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review. The reason to do KYC is to prevent legal problems in countries where ICO are forbidden.. (guess if you run a popular ICO with no KYC and you land in the USA... you can  be inmediatelly charged with a legal crime.. and have to respond a few questions and maybe got charges for selling to potential USA investors.. otherwise KYC is a piece of mind for any company doing an ICO, to justify no USA/etc investor could purchase your "ilegal" product there cause you had a KYC process.)

I don't think that they delete KYC files. The real reason for collecting of IDs - to have evidence for regulators. And I think that they will store all data 5 years at least

I think the evidence is the KYC process itself, not sending thousands of docs to a regultator gov to check one by one during days if any country citizen invested in the ico. But that´s just my guess
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478
Rollbit.com Crypto Futures
March 01, 2018, 04:38:55 PM
They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review.

None of them delete any info, some of them even sell or use these info.
There are too many fake ICO's, some have only this purpose, to collect ID data and use/sell for various reasons.
Activity: 392
March 01, 2018, 04:32:19 PM
They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review. The reason to do KYC is to prevent legal problems in countries where ICO are forbidden.. (guess if you run a popular ICO with no KYC and you land in the USA... you can  be inmediatelly charged with a legal crime.. and have to respond a few questions and maybe got charges for selling to potential USA investors.. otherwise KYC is a piece of mind for any company doing an ICO, to justify no USA/etc investor could purchase your "ilegal" product there cause you had a KYC process.)

I don't think that they delete KYC files. The real reason for collecting of IDs - to have evidence for regulators. And I think that they will store all data 5 years at least
March 01, 2018, 04:24:03 PM
They don´t need to double-check data with your local authorities, of course.. it´s all about compliance.. any serious ico should delete files inmidiatelly after review. The reason to do KYC is to prevent legal problems in countries where ICO are forbidden.. (guess if you run a popular ICO with no KYC and you land in the USA... you can  be inmediatelly charged with a legal crime.. and have to respond a few questions and maybe got charges for selling to potential USA investors.. otherwise KYC is a piece of mind for any company doing an ICO, to justify no USA/etc investor could purchase your "ilegal" product there cause you had a KYC process.)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478
Rollbit.com Crypto Futures
March 01, 2018, 04:23:36 PM
The best solution is to never give your ID to any project unless it's super huge and secure. I suspect there is one so I never give my personal info to these ICO's. It's against the nature of crypto-currencies. I don't think fake ID's can be blocked, there are a lot of ID database floating around.
Activity: 210
March 01, 2018, 04:11:13 PM
Some of the people are doing that because it will prevent their identity be compromised because not all of these KYC verifications are legit.Most of these people who are doing KYC verifications just want to know if they are violating the SEC's regulations because they will be sued if they accepted U.S citizens in their ICOs that is why most of the people are using these fake IDs so that even if they are living in the U.S they can still join these ICOs.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
March 01, 2018, 04:05:09 PM
this is interesting, does the ico will notice if you are sending fake ID?
and if you are giving them a good one will they make sure it will be safe>?
KYC "know your customer" is a theft identity for me.

we dont know if we are safe! especially if the ICO having white list and turned out a scam!
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
March 01, 2018, 04:02:57 PM
It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

It's also a gamble to send your real identification data to random strangers on internet.
Activity: 630
March 01, 2018, 03:51:21 PM
Infact those asking for KYC are the ones supposed to be  Kyced. I think these KYC stuffed should be boycotts and let the cryptocurrency community put an end to this once and for all!  Why should anyone reasonably get comfy with your ID in the hand of total stranger.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 03:41:37 PM
I always do proper research on any site that requested for it, i will never send my personal information to someone i believe will steal or sell it..

I personally do a deep check in on the ICO that's requesting that. I want to be 100% sure that my ID doesn't end up in any 3rd world scam project.
There are many scams that reqest your ID.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency
March 01, 2018, 03:40:40 PM
This KYC process is just to say that there is a process like this, since it is impossible to know if the person sending the IDs is the same one that owns the documents.
What sometimes makes it difficult is to request a selfie with the ID in hand.
Selfie with ID card will not protect your account from forgery. But I don't know what the point is. The exchange which require the submission of documents for verification work with Fiat. In order to withdraw money you need to provide a Bank card in your name. You can always be calculated based on payment documents. The Bank requires a personal presence to open an account.
Activity: 392
March 01, 2018, 03:39:48 PM
I always do proper research on any site that requested for it, i will never send my personal information to someone i believe will steal or sell it..
Activity: 148
March 01, 2018, 03:36:43 PM
KYC indeed for our personal profile information should be kept secrets so that no people take advantage of things that are not good or evil. Be careful and try to give KYC to a great and valuable project
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 03:35:13 PM
This KYC process is just to say that there is a process like this, since it is impossible to know if the person sending the IDs is the same one that owns the documents.
What sometimes makes it difficult is to request a selfie with the ID in hand.
Activity: 70
March 01, 2018, 03:30:34 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I tell you how these people verify the identity of the ones that go through the KYC verification process: They just check if the documentation was sent. PERIOD!
There is no possible tool that allows them to actually verify if you are the real owner of the documents you sent. They don't have and I doubt there is a database of the people.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
March 01, 2018, 03:27:58 PM
first it is your choice to send fake or not. If you do not want to do KYC  then do not participate in the dealings. by doing this it confirms and other thinks that crypto users are fraudsters.
Pages:
Jump to: