Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 70. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 11
March 01, 2018, 03:14:18 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

KYC is just a formality to avoid government interference. To make it short, they don't really care if your ID is fake or not because  ICO team are just complying to avoid any problem that may occur.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
March 01, 2018, 01:34:35 PM
This is just a good move,buy fake IDs from the id forgeries and you will be okay,put your picture and if these KYC ICOs will require you to have some selfie go get some selfie with your fake ID,it will be better than sending your legit ID because it might be sold the darkweb just like what other experienced these people behind ICOs cannot be trusted.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 01:27:35 PM
Quite a possible situation, because I think investors are very smart people who simply will not merge their documents. KYC is not a way out of the situation, because now it is very easy to buy a passport, which you will be happy to make for a few hundred bucks.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 01:24:01 PM
I saw some cases when people sent the first found copies of IDs on the web and used them as their own for KYC. Actually, they were all accepted. For me, it means that companies, proceeding with the ICOs, are not actually capable to verify these documents.

That's pretty good though, isn't it? Grin

I'd rather not send my real ID for KYC so if I could get away with a fake one, I'd consider it.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 01, 2018, 01:21:45 PM
KYC is useless you have to be able to verify it and only the authorities have access to that information. Do you think some random person online asking for KYC has access to your countries ID's to verify it? They cannot prove who you are they have nothing to verify it against so why do they ask for KYC?
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
February 19, 2018, 11:37:26 AM
I saw some cases when people sent the first found copies of IDs on the web and used them as their own for KYC. Actually, they were all accepted. For me, it means that companies, proceeding with the ICOs, are not actually capable to verify these documents.

Wow that's almost unbelievable.  I think the era of the KYC is coming to an end as everyone is simply sending in false data.  Any project that is peddling a KYC should be outed and brought to the attention of the community as its ineffective and horribly intrusive to us.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
February 19, 2018, 06:55:52 AM
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 19, 2018, 06:24:15 AM
Most of the time, ICO team asked us to submit the KYC information, but they didn't really review these data, because even a false KYC information, still can pass their verification, they just to collect the data, I think this is a very dangerous thing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
February 19, 2018, 06:20:21 AM
Sending fake id cards for KYC is a wrong thing to do. If you do not want to do KYC  then do not partake in the dealings. Doing that only confirms that crypto users are fraudsters and confirming what the main stream society beliefs of the crypto world.
Activity: 546
February 19, 2018, 04:32:24 AM
Those ICOs really don't care if it's fake because they won't really do it if there was no ban after all. They just need evidence that they are following it and it's not their obligations if they have received those fakes ones.
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
February 19, 2018, 02:16:07 AM
Anyone who has submitted their real information needs to make 100% sure you know the tax laws in your jurisdiction inside and out.  The government is looking for examples to scare the herd and you just sent your official id's into unknown places.  I would not attempt to be slick at this point.  You have outted yourselves and they know who you are.  I'm sure those KYC corporations are tied closely with .gov.

Photoshopers and people not sending in your papers...  well played you have utilized the key feature of crypto.

Imagine if they ever make crypto illegal and go after people and you sent in your damn passport during the FOMO stage.  Just wow.

I agree with you here. I cannot comprehend the fact that so many people are willing to hand over their personal details and sacrifice their privacy and anonymity through the KYC forms which is seriously crazy. I have never handed any of my personal details to any corporation until now and I will maintain this in the future too since I value my privacy and anonymity in the crypto world.

The people who are photoshopping their forms are using their brains and there is nothing wrong in that. More and more ICOS are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is not good and such campaigns must be boycotted if you ask me.

Hey, if sending your IDs is so bad why can you buy 5000 IDs for like 100 bucks? There is very little that can be done even with your full ID and nothing that will hold in a court of law in any developed country, afaik

I agree that KYC is against the most fundamental principles of crypto, but if you want mainstream adoption you have to accept some sort of control and regulation, as the powers that be won't just allow everyone to evade taxes, they have a lot of idle hungry hands to feed

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
February 19, 2018, 02:07:24 AM
Some of my friends actually found different copies of documents on the Internet and sent them as their own when checking KYC and this copy was immediately taken. That is, the company ICO, which required this information, does not have the ability to verify the information provided and compare it with copies of the submitted documents. Generally, the ICO company does this as a rule, because regulatory bodies require it in turn. Therefore, when such information and copies of documents are formally provided, this campaign is satisfied with this.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 969
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 19, 2018, 01:42:56 AM
Anyone who has submitted their real information needs to make 100% sure you know the tax laws in your jurisdiction inside and out.  The government is looking for examples to scare the herd and you just sent your official id's into unknown places.  I would not attempt to be slick at this point.  You have outted yourselves and they know who you are.  I'm sure those KYC corporations are tied closely with .gov.

Photoshopers and people not sending in your papers...  well played you have utilized the key feature of crypto.

Imagine if they ever make crypto illegal and go after people and you sent in your damn passport during the FOMO stage.  Just wow.

I agree with you here. I cannot comprehend the fact that so many people are willing to hand over their personal details and sacrifice their privacy and anonymity through the KYC forms which is seriously crazy. I have never handed any of my personal details to any corporation until now and I will maintain this in the future too since I value my privacy and anonymity in the crypto world.

The people who are photoshopping their forms are using their brains and there is nothing wrong in that. More and more ICOS are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is not good and such campaigns must be boycotted if you ask me.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 01:27:21 AM
It's not safe to use real identity information.I would choose a trusted person to help me invest.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
February 19, 2018, 01:19:41 AM
I agree that it's easy to submit FAKE IDs.
However, I agree with the rest of the comments stating they it's risky / stupid to submit your real ID. Internet is huge, so no way in the world they would know you are sending fake ID (they might check your IP though if they are suspecting you, but well, VPNs are everywhere). Honestly, I missed the polymath airdrop before, kinda pissed actually because it's worth more than 300$ now lol.

Still, never ever submit your real ID!!

I agree to not to submit real ids , but when you have invested more than 10,000 USd in a project you are interested and your account gone frozen due to this reason what will you do at that time.

sending fake kyc documents is illegal here in my country. you can submit real id if you know about company and that company located in your country , if its International company then its little bit difficult to judge the bad guy , sending documents to exchange is ok because it connected to our bank accounts but for the projects its little bit difficult
Activity: 645
Merit: 250
February 19, 2018, 01:14:20 AM
Instead of sending a fake identification during a KYC verification.  Why not just avoid it in the first place?  There are many projects out there and there's no need to FOMO in one requires a KYC, or just wait until it is listed on an exchange and buy then.  There's a good chance you might end up buying them cheaper than during the ICO.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 19, 2018, 01:05:24 AM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

It is up to you if you want to risk your investment. ICO and investor countries are important while investing. Some countries have really strict laws.
Activity: 448
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
February 19, 2018, 12:53:55 AM
My stand about KYC is that it's useless at all if and only if people behind a certain ICO is doing nothing to validate if the one sending the documents are really the owner. But that's nearly impossible to do since it's a heck of a job validating all KYC docs from thousands of participants.
Activity: 395
February 19, 2018, 12:09:10 AM
privacy is the basic causes why cryptocurrency has been created
but, now i see a lot of project need to know the detailed informations about their investors or contributors with KYC verifications
and i hope there is no KYC verifications anymore in crypto world, and this is why people sending a fake ID for KYC verifications
so, you should understand the cause first my friend  Wink
Activity: 88
Merit: 1
February 19, 2018, 12:06:54 AM

Pages:
Jump to: