Pages:
Author

Topic: shall i convert my bitcoins to ethereum? - page 82. (Read 7999 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
If you have only bitcoins, you should definetly buy some eth for holding, ethereum is also good promising coin, with many icos on its platform
Activity: 251
Merit: 0
Not all of them. Convert most of it to ethereum though because you stand to make a lot money from ethereum in the long run once it takes over bitcoin as the lead coin in the market. Say maybe convert about 80percent to ethereum and hold the remaining 20 percent in bitcoin and don't do anything to it.
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
Not all of your bitcoins to ethereum. It is not a good idea to do so. You can split your bitcoins into two equal halves and then you can buy ethereum with one part and then you can hold the  other half in bitcoin because when the next bull comes around you are not going to want to be the only one left that has no bitcoin while everyone is cashing out huge profits from it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
If you so wish, you can convert all your bitcoin to ethereum, but it is not adviceable considering the fact that bitcoin is stable relatively to altcoin. However if you've decided to change to ether, is still not a bad decision.
Activity: 252
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
I am alaways pferer to hold etherium, if you change your portfolio bitcoin to etherium when you started this topic, you have 35% more bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
If Bitcoin's value is High and Ethereum is Low i would say yes go sell you BTC for ETH. However with the current market value this is not advisable. it is better to buy an Altcoin that has low value and has a big potential of growing 100 percent in the next six months. Not only you'll maximize your initial capital, it would double it. Basic rules Buy low Sell high.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
i was thinking to sell my bitcoins and buy ethereum what do you thinkl guys

It could be good decision or could be bad one too. You do whatever in the crypto space but you always have 50-50% chance of winning the situation. Now we all know that crypto currencies are subject to move upward or downward according to various known and unknown factors. In that BTC and ETH are the biggest example of surprises and we never know what they will bring to us. Both he coins are perfect in what they both do and both of them are on the verge of perfect bull run. So if you even convert BTC's to ETH and get more quantities of ETHER then by math you will earn more profits on ETH if it spiked 10 % tomorrow as compared to the BTC. So choice is all yours.
Activity: 434
I would not do that. In any case, selling all Bitcoin is not reasonable. Although it does not really grow in price, it's still the market leader, and this should not be forgotten.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103

On what particular reasons of why you will trade your Bitcoin to Ethereum? Bitcoin is the most promising crypto currency investments  that is why it become number one of all coins then you will just convert it to Ethereum which is just a secondary to Bitcoin.Anyway, Ethereum is better than any other altcoins that exist so therefore still its all up to you and its your decision to make.
Activity: 420
Probably you would but in the first place its your choice in the same time eth is good for investing like btc but btc is more valuable rather than eth because eth is not increasing its value every day or week unlike btc it will change every day if there is an big investors.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
You should convert some of your Bitcoin into other coins like Ethereum, Ripple and Litecoin. Diversify your investment as much as possible. Of course, leaving at least a couple Bitcoins in your wallet. Because, as of today Bitcoin is stagnant and might pump anytime soon.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250

I would recommend to hold an equal share of BTC and ETH in your portfolio. First of all, it's better to hold several coins than one for risk deversification, and I think that every investor should have both of these coins in his portfolio.
Diversification of investment is the best thing to do if you are planning on holding for long term. More the number of coins you hold, more are your chances to avoid loss from some coins and more are the chances to gain profit from multiple coins. I have personally invested in Bitcoin, Ethereum and 6-8 other potential altcoins such as NEO, ADA, XRP, EOS, etc. Therefore, if you have enough amounts to invest in crypto, both BTC and ETH are great options.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
I suggest not to do it. Converting your bitcoin to ethereum is a bad idea because these two coins are highly stable coin in the market and worth holding. If you have enough money in your pocket why not buying another investment like ethereum? And if you don’t have enough money, better to stay in bitcoin because it will give you profit.
Well, no coin in the crypto market is highly stable except USDT which remains close to value of $1. Ethereum in comparison of bitcoin is more volatile and experiences rapid growths and drops with the fluctuations in the price of bitcoin. It’s always better to keep investment diversified in both BTC and ETH and also some potential altcoins, so that you wouldn’t miss either of the trains when they leave.
Activity: 140
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
I think you can sell a little bitcoin and buy ETH but never have to sell all the bitcoin. It is better to divide your wallet by 50% - bitcoin and 50% - ETH. I think such a portfolio in the future can bring you a good profit.
Activity: 336
Its up to you my friend, All potential coins are capable to generate good income, You can choose both because they are solid in the market, and bitcoins are interrelated with other types of coins because ones bitcoin value grows, other type of alt coins follows.Smiley
Activity: 256
Did you purchased it and at what price? If you purchased it while the price of btc was  below $7k will I think to exchange OT into eth is not hard to decide because you already earn and eth is also good for holding. But if you purchased it higher than $10k for that is not a good idea because you surely lose big nut if you really wanted to change your btc better not to trade all because we know that btc controls the altcoins.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
ETH though a great project and platform for ICO’s and Dapps, I wouldn’t convert my BTC into it. Even ETH will experience dump when BTC sets bullish run towards new all time high. Moreover, there are many other projects and coins in the crypto market such as ADA, NEO, etc that are much more technically advanced and better than ETH and also operate smart contracts. ETH holds seconds position in market cap due to its popularity and nothing much.
Activity: 340
Why do you want to sell bitcoin and but eth? That is not a wise idea. Bitcoin value is in its downfall. Better to hold it than to cut losses. Just wait for the right time tp sell it and if you gain profit. In eth you can buy this even you don't sell btc, wait for the time that eth value decreases and then buy this and hold.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
I think that you should convert a part in Ethereum. This is the most useful coin with good technology and smart contract's!
If we are taking about good technology and smart contracts here, I would rather recommend people to invest in coins such as NEO, ADA and WAVES as these projects are much more technically advanced than Ethereum and also operate smart contracts. These coins have much more scalability and transactions speed than ETH.

Moreover NEO has zero transaction fees and also pays dividends to its holders in form of GAS which can later to converted to other crypto currency or fiat money.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
I think there is nothing wrong in diversifying your portfolio, but what you are suggesting is not really that. There is no real reason to completely swap from BTC to ether, since those coins are not even competing with each other. They both have different goals, and they are both top coins on their own goals. I try to keep both, although from those two I would probably keep more BTC for the long term.

Let's not forget that BTC has dev teams working on projects that could allow it to have smart contracts as well. BTC has just to much potential to be ignored, so it would be a mistake to completely discard it in my opinion. Ether might perform better in the short term, because it can still get advantage of boosts that BTC already used (like futures for example), but in the long run I doubt it will be that much valuable than BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: