Pages:
Author

Topic: Should ICOs be regulated - page 11. (Read 24186 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
March 21, 2019, 09:07:29 PM
Not really. I think the investors will eventually learn how to invest in ICOs. No need for regulations.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
March 21, 2019, 08:39:15 PM

In fact ICOs now are nearly dead already, so the situation will be even worse then. But it is a good filter for ICO projects and ideas. Many good and strong ICOs are venture projects in fact that use crypto to collect funds.

Many good ICOs can reach the target and i dont think ICOs already dead. Its true many scam ICOs last year and i think government regulation needed for ICOs because its involve peoples money from all around the world
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
March 21, 2019, 08:00:06 PM
The sphere of ICO investment will degrade without significant changes in the field of security for investors, already now it is very noticeable, the outflow of money is not small and there are too many bad projects
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
March 21, 2019, 07:26:22 PM
I strongly agree that later on ico will indeed be regulated because indeed at this time there must be a change in the ico system which is currently very detrimental, so indeed there must be a change

There will be a change if it keeps going like this and it is beneficial for all of us. If people can't fulfill the requirements to hold a token sale they shouldn't be allowed to do it.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
March 21, 2019, 01:26:08 PM
I strongly agree that later on ico will indeed be regulated because indeed at this time there must be a change in the ico system which is currently very detrimental, so indeed there must be a change
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
March 21, 2019, 01:21:22 PM
I think there is no urgent need for regulation, provided that someone will act as a guarantor for the admission of ICO projects to investors. In this case, investors will be relatively insured against cheating.
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
March 21, 2019, 12:05:50 PM

I suppose a regulatory body be set up to audit the ICO process and the  founders, and if anything goes wrong or should the project fail, they will be liable. This will reduce drastically investors risk and also keep scammers away. What do you think?

Now there is a lot of discussion about how to regulate ICO, but so far no universal measures have been taken. The ICO remains an excellent territory for scammers, which is certainly sad. If this continues, the situation will scare off investors, in which case the whole community will suffer.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
March 21, 2019, 09:34:06 AM
I do not think that this will be a good idea for the crypto market in general. If we would regulate ICOs, we would regulate crypto currencies and this is not their aim. I would prefer to stay anonymous rather than to let the third party to get into this market.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
March 21, 2019, 08:23:38 AM
Personally I support the idea of ICOs to be regulated, I believe if ICOs are regulated, it will reduce the level in which people get scammed through ICOs.

Some ICO regulations should be introduced due to the protection of investors' money. The scammers by their actions practically destroyed the idea of ICO and led to the current situation and loss of confidence in ICO by investors. Apart from the general situation on the market, of course.
Activity: 378
Merit: 4
March 21, 2019, 07:26:05 AM
If government agencies regulate ICO. The development of the encryption market is beneficial. It will enter a virtuous circle. But everything has two sides. Regulation also means taxation.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
March 21, 2019, 07:10:51 AM
Why do you think now many banks started issuing their stable coins, for the very reason that they want to infiltrate the crypto sphere and partially regulate it.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 365
March 21, 2019, 06:56:31 AM
I strongly agree and support if the ICO supervisory institution is formed, I am very confident that within a few years governments around the world will begin to discuss this matter, ICO is very useful if used correctly, even can help a country.
Activity: 74
Merit: 2
March 21, 2019, 06:45:09 AM

In fact ICOs now are nearly dead already, so the situation will be even worse then. But it is a good filter for ICO projects and ideas. Many good and strong ICOs are venture projects in fact that use crypto to collect funds.
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
March 21, 2019, 06:10:27 AM
of course it must, so maybe we never see scam ico again, if ico be regulated by someone or something, many scam ico has succes rob investor money.
The government are already aware of this scams, they only give warnings as not all is under their jurisdiction, maybe those who are in the US and trying to scam through ICO will be punished under the law, but most countries has no recognize crypto yet through a law, so scammers are still freely do their thing here.
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
March 21, 2019, 05:00:19 AM
of course it must, so maybe we never see scam ico again, if ico be regulated by someone or something, many scam ico has succes rob investor money.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
MoonDeFi
March 21, 2019, 04:36:23 AM
I agree with your opinion, but unfortunately this has not been done by related parties, so that ICO makers will be increasingly free to spread fraud and disappear from the world, this is a very unfortunate thing, I hope in the future there will be a strong legal entity with special rules for ICO manufacturers so that they are bound by the law.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
March 21, 2019, 04:09:48 AM
ICOs should indeed be regulated. We simply cannot do with scammers everywhere. But the responsibility should fall to particular countries. Countries should have strict laws as regards the proliferation of ICOs. They should be putting mechanisms to make sure that their citizens are kept from fraudulent ICOs. But the task is a heavy one. There are hundreds of ICOs. They may start with the basics. For example, the people behind the company. Most scam ICOs are either stealing names and picture or creating bogus ones.

This forum should also have such screening mechanism.
Activity: 466
Merit: 5
March 21, 2019, 04:07:37 AM
Scam is really worrisome to the thriving of the industry. Most of investors who has fell victim of it are scared of some real once. Once bitten twice shy. Authorities should scrutinize these project more before let them have their way. 
Activity: 1344
Merit: 335
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
March 21, 2019, 04:02:49 AM
Of course at this time ico has lost interest due to the absence of a regulation that can provide rules for ico so that anyone can make and commit fraud, this is the worst effect in ico where regulation does not exist
Investors are even smarter than before, and they already known about what should they do. it's mandatory for everyone to do their own research. Regulation frame work can't help a lot in this case if the ico runs in the different country. you must understand about that.
market crashing teached them how to avoid big losses in this market.and now they now which coins / projects good or not.by learning from their experince i am sure they know how to choose projects.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
March 21, 2019, 03:56:54 AM
Yes I think they should be regulated reason is because of the high rate of scam which has increased in the crypto sphere. With regulations, this criminals can be dealt with. I know this was not the initial plan for crypto but now I think it's needed
Pages:
Jump to: