Pages:
Author

Topic: Some ICO is not scam - page 19. (Read 2382 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 101
June 22, 2018, 04:17:11 AM
Yes some ICO are not scam, Hey buddy I prefer join their telegram and ask a lot of questions and if you have several source of information you can analyze it but ofcourse the main part of lead developer were developers update their project you should search GitHub it's pretty nice anyway.
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
June 22, 2018, 03:12:22 AM
it is true not all project ICO fail / scam, this all depends on the work of the team work. if the team work solidly and earnestly in marketing the product then of course there will be investors who buy their ICO, but maybe the initiators of ICO have to work extra hard because they have to create products that are different from existing ones and must be good at reading market interest and business opportunities for their ICO to succeed and their products are beneficial to the masses.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 03:11:46 AM
Scam ICOs try to appear as legit as possible, that's the point actually.
Know how to identify good ICOs.
I usually research on the team, reputation end experience are my keywords.
How useful and unique is the practical project?
Check out their social media presence and customer support service.
I also check for already made commitments, private sale investments, whether or not they require KYC.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
June 22, 2018, 03:07:39 AM
1. When you want to invest first of all research about the particular ico you want to invest in, try to check their Whitepaper because some ICO copy text from another ICO white papers
2. Try to check their LinkedIn profile though that does'nt matter because some fake LinkedIn profile.
both of these points are important but very often forgotten even unnoticed altogether. many people are too lazy to read a whitepaper on the grounds it is useless and too long, but this is precisely the most basic mistakes that make many people exposed to the scam. about profile also I think rarely observed and ended up making a lot of people also get caught up in a scam that prolonged.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
June 22, 2018, 03:06:42 AM
Yes I also believe there is always a profitable ICO. We reach this top because of new ccrypto currency born and born in every year. We cant reach what levek of crypto we have now if there is no legit project around us. Yes there must be scam but dont look anf generalize all is a shit project. Take a good research and find out what's real
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1001
June 22, 2018, 03:00:04 AM
Another important thing. One should study legit and successful projects that already on the market and study them. After that look at the similar.
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
June 22, 2018, 02:44:28 AM
I have seen those posts popping up on the forum with quite a frequency and I often wonder if they have only ever invested in 1 ICO and got burned from it? So far from about 30 different projects I have only invested in 1 where the team simply disappeared at the end of the token sale. I take my time to look into projects thoroughly and often stick with those managed by professional community management teams as they have done their due diligence before entering into a contract with the company.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
June 22, 2018, 02:29:17 AM
No not ICOs are scams, but we cannot neglect the fact that the market is full of scam projects, so we should support good ideas, and rating platforms should have fair rates to make for investors to make correct decisions. There are some good rating platforms, for example www.icoguide.com, which have real rates, So we should encourage also others.
Activity: 208
Merit: 1
June 22, 2018, 02:26:26 AM
Yes that's not all ICO is Scam and so you can find a good ICO project to invest because now many people who invest in ICO do not get profit, and I advise you if you want to invest in ICO you have to read whitepaper and see the implementation team

Activity: 406
Merit: 109
June 22, 2018, 02:20:48 AM
Hello, let me clear this doubt some people said that all ICO is a scam but I don't believe them because I have invested in some ICO and make a good fortune, let me give you some clue to invest.
1. When you want to invest first of all research about the particular ico you want to invest in, try to check their Whitepaper because some ICO copy text from another ICO white papers
2. Try to check their LinkedIn profile though that does'nt matter because some fake LinkedIn profile.
3.Try to know their real location even though some use VPN to hide their location.
4.website professional matters a lot because some don't even know how to build website and they are claiming that they are in to Blockchain
5. Despite all this..involving in ICO is a big risk

I will not restrain saying myself "some" but instead a lot many ICOs are genuine, they are not looking out to SCAM you.
I would like to put an understanding here about ICO, earlier in stocks, the term used was IPO, where new companies or child companies do Initial Public Offering to public for raising the required amount.

ICO is way better then IPO as it gives both the company and investors invest in the company a quicker/easier/safer way to do so.

There are a lot ICO which do not get the raised funds and eventually they back out, but in such scenarios they refund investors back there money in terms of ETH or the means of payment they used to get into ICO.

When you are investing in an ICO, its always a risk, as you are investing in a new venture, they have the concept, idea and vision of a project, but still its not in the market.
So initial research is very much important to understand whether or not the project will be able to deliver there promise or not.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
June 22, 2018, 02:19:39 AM
So you are still admitting that investing in an ICO is a big NO NO because you had a lot negativeness posted on your explanations. Even the likes of me would understand how difficult to choose and invest in an ICO but if you wish to earn investing into it a better and good idea also. Well i could get some advise also on those individuals who are planning to invest in an ICO to choose here ICODROPS.COM and select high bench ratings ICO.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
June 22, 2018, 02:13:17 AM
Hello, let me clear this doubt some people said that all ICO is a scam but I don't believe them because I have invested in some ICO and make a good fortune, let me give you some clue to invest.
3.Try to know their real location even though some use VPN to hide their location.
4.website professional matters a lot because some don't even know how to build website and they are claiming that they are in to Blockchain
yes this been become a topic lately. I think ico isnt a scam but its more like its dangerous to invest on it cause first there is no guarantee to gain profit or there is no guarantee that its safe, but if we talk about success ico that bring investors a profit there are absolutely plenty of ico out there that success. For example docademic and pundi x. I believe you could use telegram too  to chat and give a qestion or asking something that related to project it sure good thing to make sure its not a scam.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 02:08:17 AM
True. One such ICO is of blockgrain.io where they didnt discounted the price in the pre-sale which is the norm. This boosted my confidence in them
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
June 16, 2018, 01:58:58 PM
Well, nobody said that all ICO's are scam. It just so happens that ICO's are a trend and are rampant nowadays that's why it has become a very good target for scammers. They promote their scam projects just so they can earn money, or sometimes, they claim or asks details and information about the participants and then sell it off to some company that needs those. In any case, finding a very good ICO is very difficult nowadays.. One great way, of course, is by means of studying their whitepaper, as well as researching about the team and their advisers. This is the most solid way of avoiding scams.
Activity: 490
Merit: 108
June 16, 2018, 01:05:49 PM

just a suggestion also try to search for social media teams like facebook or their personal twitter and ask directly whether it is true they are one of the project team because many ico who use fake team and make linkedin with photos of people. I've found some projects that use the name of someone they acknowledge as their team. and after I contact the person it turns out he did not even know about the project
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
June 16, 2018, 12:59:44 PM

I agree with you! It is necessary to carry out a careful inspection of all social pages and groups of the project, if it is tritely the website badly works, then as they in general are going to create something - always it guards me. Well and even when carrying out ICO the smart contract surely has to work - it is very important!
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
June 16, 2018, 12:47:28 PM
Hello, let me clear this doubt some people said that all ICO is a scam
Not all ICOs are scam but most of them are.
When investing on ICOs this is the first thing you should do, read the whitepaper carefully and if you think the content is not well written or some grammars have errors then probably this is a scam. But the thing is some well planned scams also have good whitepaper, so it will be still hard to justify which is not a scam.
True but what is more important is to know who are those people behind the project and their background or if they really are experts on this field.
True.
Not only ICOs but all kinds of investment is a risk. There's no investment that will guarantee you that will give huge profit.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
June 16, 2018, 12:46:31 PM
yeah these are some pretty important aspects to look at before investing in a ico. The most important question i am asking myself before investing is, why do the other person want you to invest ?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
June 16, 2018, 12:40:08 PM

Agree. Not all ICOs are scam but legitimacy is not the only ground to determine that ICO is fit to invest in. I have invested in several ICOs and all of them are legit but not all of them were profitable for me and I lost huge fortune investing in ICOs backed by big names. So it is evident that ensuring above points is enough to go for investment. There are several other points that need to be consider too in addition like buzz, promotion, product, uniqueness, exchange listing, etc.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
June 16, 2018, 12:36:08 PM
Yes true, and this topic you post is a good information, but personally i experience joing a lot of ICO  campaigns with all the characteristics you mentioned above but still there also cases that no matter how legit it looks it ends up to be a scam at the end.. Anyway it is always better to double check to lessen the risks with the advices given from the members of the furom.
Pages:
Jump to: