Pages:
Author

Topic: Special thread concerning bitmains coupons refunds discounts. June 2020 update - page 5. (Read 4227 times)

Activity: 604
Merit: 416
--snip--

Holy hell !!
I have one T17+ due for shipping 11-20 January. I damn hope I will not get this kind of email, especially since I can neither use PayPal nor USD wire... They would have to reimburse me in BTC and we all know by know how long that process is and what a hassle it is.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
man they are getting complicated as hell....

as big as they are - refunds/credits should be much easier accomplished. I am now at 22 days since they stated they would issue refund and I am still waiting.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Thanks to

xxxABJxxx

From the s17 thread a new issue for buyers of the t17+  simply looks like it is shitty gear.

note the email is asking to: kill off my paypal order and reorder. I rejected their offer.

Yeah  they sent me an email  at 4am  I woke at 8 am and answered it which is 8pm friday on their time which means no action until monday.

I won"t do what they want.

Give me some time to show letter and my reply

Here's a reminder of what your ticket was about:

Carol (Bitmain)
Dec 13, 15:48 CST

Dear Carol,

We’re terribly sorry to inform you that stock of T17+ 64T in your order ID 0012019102xxxxxx is insufficient.

Now we trying to solve the issue by offering product update from T17+ 64T to T17+ 58T. If you agree with the solution, please kindly help reply to this email for confirmation as soon as possible, and then we will send you a special link to place a new T17+ 58T order immediately. Please also take note that USD shall be chosen as the payment mode of your new T17+ order.

Additionally, the price of one unit 58T T17+, 11-20,Dec. batch is $1203. The price difference of T17+ 64T and T17+ 58T be remained as balance under your account, for the specific usage rule of balance.
Please feel free to contact us, we will guide you accordingly.

Regards,
Bitmain

my reply

Quote from: philipma1957
Re: philipma1957, you’re invited to let us know how we can do better【BITMAIN - Ticket ID 59xxxxx 】
Dec 13 at 8:11 AM

PHILIP Axxxxxx
To: Bitmain
Cc: Philip Axxxxxx

Dear Carol ,

If I accept the 58th T17+ unit at 1203 usd + 127 shipping for a cost of 1330
I had paid you 1355 and used a 375 coupon this comes to:

1730 old order
1330 new order
400 dollar balance on my account

I paid you in paypal not USD. I do not have the ability to pay you in USD. I do not have a bank that sends USD to China.
So I am not sure your idea works for me.

I really wish you had contacted me sooner than 4am Eastern standard time I am answering you at 8AM eastern standard time. Which is 8pm your time So most likely you won't get to this as your work day has ended.

So to confirm what you want to do is send me a 58th machine and give me a credit changing my payment to USD. The answer is no this not acceptable.

This is a paypal order a USD order does not offer me the protection of a paypal order. So I am not altering the deal. Since I lose my paypal rights if I do. I see it this way I paid you 1354.95 cash and used a 375 coupon that is 1729.95 usd. If you can not give me a t17+ with proper speed of 64th and want to send a 58th machine I would accept the machine and a 400 dollar refund to my paypal order.
This way the order stays as paypal which offers me six months protection. I also get a proper discount of 400 as a direct refund to my paypal order.

Your company is running a business my mining is served by your company. I have paid you well over 150,000 for gear since 2013. I also am an honest person and give your company fair reviews. So I ask you to simply refund this paypal order 400 usd and send the 58th machine.

Please get back to me and let me know if you can do this.

Best regards,

Philip
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
Another T17e shipped today, ordered in September.
They did not adjust the invoice for the second time (apart from what they did initially), price on invoice still $1133 plus shipping.
Tax $350 to US.

That sucks. On mine they updated the price. With coupon I used and price change, it was under de-minimis and I paid no duty or tariff.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
Round 1: I received the same response as many here from Chita stating that a USD credit will be waiting for me to use on my next order.  I politely said I'm not sure when I'll be purchasing another miner (probably sooner than later tho...  Roll Eyes) and requested BTC refund instead.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Another T17e shipped today, ordered in September.
They did not adjust the invoice for the second time (apart from what they did initially), price on invoice still $1133 plus shipping.
Tax $350 to US.
legendary
My S17 is scheduled to ship in the next couple weeks, so I just sent in a request for refund via Support ticket since checking my account info isn't showing any coupons or credits or....  Should be close to $800 which isn't insignificant.
We'll see where this goes.  Fingers crossed!

use thread when asking. please keep us informed.

put you on the list as fighting for refund/credit.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
My S17 is scheduled to ship in the next couple weeks, so I just sent in a request for refund via Support ticket since checking my account info isn't showing any coupons or credits or....  Should be close to $800 which isn't insignificant.
We'll see where this goes.  Fingers crossed!
legendary
new update

I updated the score card below please post corrections to it.

monies recovered credit or refund

philipma1957   = 1139 credit towards s17  pro
wndsnb.          = 3984 credit and 1104       coupon
xxxABJxxx       = 1000 credit towards s17  pro
jrc209             =   850 credit towards s17  pro
biodom            = 1750 credit towards s17  pro full credit
buysolar          = 1084 credit  towards s17 pro
biffa                =   ?    credit   towards  order

prpz               = 2900 usd worth of btc refund
favebook.        = 830 usd worth of  btc refund paid

stryfe     =  promised refund
popojeff = promised credit fighting for refund promised refund now
AlecMe = a 200 credit a coupon and a refund promised 400 in btc

VRobb = trying to get 800 back

mgoz status not known but he mentioned he had something coming to him

I think I corrected list above.

Guys + Gals  check  if you are due credits or refunds or coupons

This is kind of a rehash of post above by me but it is updated.
 with biodom, favebook, AlecMe info added.

The totals are over 9500 in credits  1100 in coupons  3700 usd in btc refund

with promises for more then 3000 more in btc refunds.

Once again thanks to bitmain  for doing this.
thanks to frodocooper for allowing the thread here where it is noticed.

By years end we may be over the 20,000 mark

Also thanks to all that posted info.

To all quote the thread to bitmain support when you try to get info on your credit's due.
Be polite and persistent and professional.

Bitmain is actually doing the right thing here (imagine that Roll Eyes )
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
I had 3 orders in the last two months. First bought with btc. Next two with paypal.

Order 1&2 have been received. 3rd not shipped yet

Btc order has the refund via btc confirmed by Carol, to be sent within a month. Haven't done anything with the other two yet.

Friend of mine, his first order arrived. He paid via paypal. They first tried to blow off his refund request, and he emailed back until they offered refund. But, because it was payapal, theyre offering the refund via wire xfer and asked his bank info. He replied that he wants btc again.   Watching this one
After around 4 weeks of going back and forth with Bitmain, they have finally refunded my 854$ that I was promised for order of S17e.

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/6f2500e5afbef638d818c3a50ef22a6107e96effe2370fc94af4c4058b1dce80

As I am still unable to figure out while my images won't show, you will have to go to the link to see it.
https://imgur.com/a/MIgaAOY

@philipma1957, you can change my status to: refunded.

I would like to thank this thread for existing and helping a lot. Also a shout-out to Carol which is one of the better customer support agents in Bitmain.
Activity: 392
Merit: 159
After back and forth emails for almost 3 weeks ( thank you for this thread otherwise I would have not chased it as eager ) I have got the following refund promised:

For the previous shipped order: got my coupon of $200 and it is still valid as BTC does not appear to head over $10k any time soon.

For the shipped order: $399 to be refunded in BTC within a month from 5th of December (so it should be in my wallet until 5th of January).

For the unshipped order: $194 which appear as a credit on the website (once this shippes will put a request for BTC refund as well).

Will update once the transactions happen.

A few personal notes for future references.
Due to dealing with customer service in a different time zone sometimes replies took up to 6 days to be sent back to me by email.
If you are dealing with them (Bitmain), have patience, be calm and polite (as mentioned so many times here) and it will be sorted.
legendary
I updated the score card below please post corrections to it.

philipma1957   = 1139 credit towards s17  pro
wndsnb.          = 3984 credit and 1104       coupon
xxxABJxxx       = 1000 credit towards s17  pro
jrc209             =   850 credit towards s17  pro
biodom            = 1750 credit towards s17  pro full credit
buysolar          = 1084 credit  towards s17 pro
biffa                =   ?    credit   towards  order

prpz               = 2900 btc refund

favebook = promised refund
stryfe     =  promised refund
popojeff = promised credit fighting for refund promised refund now

mgoz status not known but he mentioned he had something coming to him

I will start working on  the 10 s17 pros  our warehouse host ordered I am not sure he gets a credit. I know he paid 2200 for six  and 2000 for four   maybe he gets something on the six units.

I also looked at an  order for t17+ I made it on OCT 26 2019 it is due to ship on dec 11-20  this is a paypal order I paid 1354.95 it was reduced to 1079.95

this would be a new credit of 275.

Guys + Gals  check  if you are due credits or refunds or coupons

This is kind of a rehash of post above by me but it is updated. with biodom's info

The totals are over 9500 in credits  1100 in coupons  2900 in btc refund

with promises for more then 3000 more in btc refunds.

Once again thanks to bitmain  for doing this.
thanks to frodocooper for allowing the thread here where it is noticed.

By years end we may be over the 20,000 mark

Also thanks to all that posted info.

To all quote the thread to bitmain support when you try to get info on your credit's due.
Be polite and persistent and professional.

Bitmain is actually doing the right thing here (imagine that Roll Eyes )
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
I got $1736 credit toward fully covering S17pro.
I asked when can I expect the refund to be done since I filled it on 22nd of November and if I can still cancel it and put it on BTC order as I saw some of you could do it but this was the answer:

Quote from: Carol (Bitmain)
Dec 9, 15:51 CST
Thanks for your consultation!

Yes, just confirmed the refund can be completed within this week, since your refund file was already delivered to our finance team, so that credit is not available Sad

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Carol
​BITMAIN
legendary
buysolar  just got a 1084 credit  he will buy  a s17 pro.

I will start working on  the 10 s17 pros  our warehouse host ordered I am not sure he gets a credit. I know he paid 2200 for six  and 2000 for four   maybe he gets something on the six units.

I also looked at an  order for t17+ I made it on OCT 26 2019 it is due to ship on dec 11-20  this is a paypal order I paid 1354.95 it was reduced to 1079.95

this would be a new credit of 275.

My last two orders are for a t17 and a s17 pro no adjustments made on them.

Guys + Gals  check  if you are due credits or refunds or coupons.
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
score card below please post corrections to it.

philipma1957   = 1139 credit. towards s17
wndsnb.          =. 1105        credit
prpz.               = 2900 btc refund
xxxABJxxx.      = 1000 credit towards s17
jrc209.            =.   850 credit towards s17
biodom.         =.   1000+ credit towards s17

stryfe.   =.  promised refund
popojeff = promised credit fighting for refund

mgoz status not known

buysolar = we just started to fight for 1084 credit. as we want more gear.

I used a credit of $3984.78 and coupons for $1104 in my order.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Just had the $$ credit shown on my account page applied to an order I placed.

Placed the order on Friday, 
Chose BTC as the payment method and used some coupons on the order to reduce the cost.
Emailed support about having the credit applied to the order number
Order timed out after 1 hour
Support got back to me today (Monday) and had reopened the order, applied the credit which left a remainder balance pending, which I paid in BTC

So just confirmation that the system does work, just don't worry about doing BTC order and it timing out etc.
legendary
this was the case for me.  I now will work on Buysolar's credits.  He has two orders that add to close to 1200 usd if I succeed I will post results.  We will try to buy a s17 pro.

Cleaning up as I am on my main account.

I will be working on buysolar's credit.  He placed 2 orders on for an s17 on Aug 2nd  he paid 2866.03 by the time it shipped in Nov it was adjusted to 1896.03

so

970.00 credit due

his other order was a pair of sk9's on sept 9  he paid 795.63 by the time it shipped it was adjusted to 681.63

so

114.00 credit due

net credit for two orders comes to

1084 usd

score card below please post corrections to it.

philipma1957   = 1139 credit. towards s17
wndsnb.          =. 1105        credit
prpz.               = 2900 btc refund
xxxABJxxx.      = 1000 credit towards s17
jrc209.            =.   850 credit towards s17
biodom.         =.   1000+ credit towards s17

stryfe.   =.  promised refund
popojeff = promised credit fighting for refund

mgoz status not known

buysolar = we just started to fight for 1084 credit. as we want more gear.
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
My order actually expired before the credit was applied. When they applied the credit the order went active again and I think I was given 4 days to wire the difference. So no need to worry about the order expiring.
  this was the case for me.  I now will work on Buysolar's credits.  He has two orders that add to close to 1200 usd if I succeed I will post results.  We will try to buy a s17 pro.
Pages:
Jump to: