Pages:
Author

Topic: Special thread concerning bitmains coupons refunds discounts. June 2020 update - page 9. (Read 4227 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Still, the procedure to apply such credit is unclear.
I am waiting 6 days on this already.

Me: I would like to have a credit or refund, please

They: we can do credit [no details provided at all...see my previous post of their response verbatim]

Me: please, either do it or tell me how to do it

They: silence

i hear you i have yet to get any satisfaction.

on my sept 25 shipped sk9

i have yet to ask or start on my nov 22 shipped t17e.

i will email them on sunday and ask for them to apply it towards yet one more s17 pro
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Still, the procedure to apply such credit is unclear.
I am waiting 6 days on this already.

Me: I would like to have a credit or refund, please

They: we can do credit [no details provided at all...see my previous post of their response verbatim]

Me: please, either do it or tell me how to do it

They: silence
legendary
https://ibb.co/cgDYY66

I was indeed given $8xx in credit towards a s17 pro 53th for overpayment on the s17+ no need to lie . As you see payment from "balance" is said credit.

first screen shot of a credit from a balance from anyone in this thread 🧵.

thank you.
Activity: 267
Merit: 4
jrc209
https://ibb.co/cgDYY66

I was indeed given $8xx in credit towards a s17 pro 53th for overpayment on the s17+ no need to lie . As you see payment from "balance" is said credit.
Activity: 416
Merit: 125
how does the new gear look >?  do you have any pictures, or stats,

also wanted to ask your opinion on how to monitor power use of a small mine

im working on setting up , prob draw 130-150 amps @240 v

Thanks
FM

I did a thread on the t17e.  Try amazon search for leviton 2n208-21 it does up to 200 amps. I am going to quote this and move it to the t17e thread.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
it seems pretty crappy that the refunds are taking so long.
Activity: 81
Merit: 43
I have had better fortune
I placed all my orders minutes into the S17E sales going live I believe 7:06 and 7:02, 7:03  am paid instantly so I believe this put me at the beginning of the line
Nov 1-10 Shipped on the 11th - 1 day late
Nov 11-20 Shipped Yesterday late night so 22nd - 2 days late
Nov 21-30 TBD
I also feel slightly more fortunate dealing with support (Carol gave me a 3 week refund eta) also TBD

Carol (Bitmain)
Nov 22, 14:30 CST

Hello Prpz82,

Thanks for your consultation!

We will complete the refund within 3 weeks and the USD will be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund, please wait patiently, thanks.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Carol
​BITMAIN
legendary
okay i will come back. and delete off topic in a hour or so.

I deleted four posts. i saved them by sending a pm to myself.

so far no one has shown a screenshot or any real proof they have had money credited or refunded.

3 or 4 of us has been promised refunds.

one person  did say they got a credit on a bank transfer.

a second person said they were refunded with no proof or method.

I am not a mod. But this thread  is to be helpful to those of us trying to proper refund/credit/coupon

stating bitmain ships on time is not helpful.  i have an order for 2x t17e miners that were promised on the 1-10 of nov to ship they shipped on the 19.

they arrived today. i mentioned this on my secondary account.

9 days late
marked at 2704 and i paid 3569 an 865 shortfall.

and 9days of mining is about 100 bucks so a 965 shortfall.

this has not been addressed by bitmain.
legendary

...If you follow bitmain rules they process the credit very fast and ship promptly.

There are NO rules stated for credit.
I asked five days ago.
The response basically was "We can do it" without ACTUALLY giving it and/or explaining how or when it would be applied.
It's not like you put your new miner in a cart and credit suddenly pops up-this did not happen (I tried).
If they provide credit, I will post about it.
Activity: 81
Merit: 43
Thank you for your reports and testing gives us all an idea
My second s17e shipped out today will be here Wednesday
No way to avoid the 13% import fee in Canada lol paid it every damn time (DHL)

Let’s give it some time see how they handle the credits on a larger scale it’s just beggining
As well as refunds I been given a “within 3 weeks” time window by Carol will report the changes on that
They could change their mind and there is nothing we could do
Once people start receiving the refunds we can judge the situation
Activity: 355
Merit: 276
So gear arrived.

Testing the t17e  it is doing 54-55th on the gui

Some good news it was taxed at 51 usd shipped out of Malaysia

Tested second one 54-55 th

So they do 2-4th extra  or in my case  108-110  vs 106  as mine were listed to be 53th

No trump tax Just the 2.6% due to malaysia build listed.

Still 9 days late  and price  listed was 2704 vs  3569

I will need to try to get some compensation for this gear.

I am due 114 for the s9k and they did promise to send refund.  We will see how this one goes.
I have a meter and will post the watts for these

3356 watts for the t17e = 3356/55 or 61 watts a th  these are a bit power hungry also loud.
Still 110th added to the farm

the s17 pro  also tested on low speed  1634 watts 43 th  38 watts a th  so

4 s17 pro on low  speed do 172th and 6528 watts
2 17e  only one speed    do 110th and 6712 watts

s17 pro on low are nice and quiet
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
One month to process a refund?!?!!

I won't be surprised at all when BTC price mysteriously spikes right before everyone gets their refunds processed...

Actually, I do not mind waiting for 2 reasons. Firstly, I am getting my money back. Secondly, (I look forward to BTC drop so I can enter with even more cash) even if it jumped back to 8-9k $ I wouldn't mind as I think I placed order at around 10k $.

I am totally lost in the meaning of Bitmain reps response.
Invoice says that there is a large difference (about $2000) in the value of order vs current invoice (paid in btc, but they count $$ value).

-snip-

Not sure why they are OK to provide refund to some here, but not in my case. What is the difference?
I paid initially in bitcoin.

I would suggest you opening a new ticket and asking for Carol or any other support staff. But I am not familiar with your case so they just might not refund you at all.
legendary
I am totally lost in the meaning of Bitmain reps response.
Invoice says that there is a large difference (about $2000) in the value of order vs current invoice (paid in btc, but they count $$ value).

Here is what the rep said:

Dear ,

Thanks for your consultation!

we don't provide refund.

The extra payment will remain as USD credit under this order according to the exchange rate when you place the order.
Please contact us you need use the credit in your new USD order, then we will transfer it for you.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,
Chita
Bitmain

Not sure why they are OK to provide refund to some here, but not in my case. What is the difference?
I paid initially in bitcoin.

Question: can coupon be used on the top of credit (which they seem to agree to provide)?
Like this: $1700 order, minus $1400 credit, minus $150 coupon=$150 due?
legendary
They're in the 7c to 7.5c per kwh range, at least for small #s of miners. You can run your #s to see if it's worth it to host there for 6 months to get the 25% discount the gear.

I pay 5.6 cents but yes the 25% discount would add up.

This would be a lot easier if they just had separate listings for gear made in Malaysia. I guess they just don't care about the small guy ordering a couple miners here and there. Need to be ordering 100s to get good support.

This x 1000000%

My decision was to either place the order myself shipped to another host I use in Canada and pay 5% tax, or try to use my credit + coupons through my USA host and pay the 2.6% on the gear from Malaysia. I didn't even think the 2nd option was possible until I gave up waiting on Bitmain to answer any of my support tickets and asked my host to ask his contact.

well glad that at least worked out for you!
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
ahh yea i wont host anywhere. Most likely, their cost is higher than my own.

They're in the 7c to 7.5c per kwh range, at least for small #s of miners. You can run your #s to see if it's worth it to host there for 6 months to get the 25% discount the gear.

But it also seems like some normal orders off the web site for S17 pros shipped to the USA have been coming from Malaysia anyway. This would be a lot easier if they just had separate listings for gear made in Malaysia. I guess they just don't care about the small guy ordering a couple miners here and there. Need to be ordering 100s to get good support.

My decision was to either place the order myself shipped to another host I use in Canada and pay 5% tax, or try to use my credit + coupons through my USA host and pay the 2.6% on the gear from Malaysia. I didn't even think the 2nd option was possible until I gave up waiting on Bitmain to answer any of my support tickets and asked my host to ask his contact.
legendary
ahh yea i wont host anywhere. Most likely, their cost is higher than my own.
They'd require you to host with them and they'd probably require you to pay upfront. Here's the link to their website if you want to contact them.

https://www.valuehash.com

I've had gear hosted there for a few years and I'm pretty happy with them.
legendary

I won't be surprised at all when BTC price mysteriously spikes right before everyone gets their refunds processed...

I'm trying to use my credit and most of my coupons to place an order through my host so it will be guaranteed to be shipped from Malaysia. My host says he has talked with his contact at Bitmain and the order will get placed today. Fingers crossed.

your host - can anyone order thru them? Smiley that tariff savings is like 2 coupons lol
[...]

I'm trying to use my credit and most of my coupons to place an order through my host so it will be guaranteed to be shipped from Malaysia. My host says he has talked with his contact at Bitmain and the order will get placed today. Fingers crossed.
legendary
Nice work keep posting what happens.
I have 3 orders coming today.

1x s17 controller
2x t17e's
1x s17 pro

the 2x t17e order needs a large adjustment.  I will start working on it  once it arrives and of course it is working gear.
Pages:
Jump to: