Pages:
Author

Topic: Special thread concerning bitmains coupons refunds discounts. June 2020 update - page 7. (Read 4227 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I was surprised about this decision from them as well, but it is actually realistic if you think about it. No one can sue them since that is how BTC should be used in my opinion. Because we are paying in BTC equivalent of USD order. They should refund us same amount of USD but in current BTC equivalent.

LOL everyone is happy when it works out this way but they all shit the bed when they get less BTC in a refund because the price went up.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Originally yes but it went to Bella and then Joanna then Carol

Since Carol told me to confirm my refund (second time ) and it would be three weeks that’s was November 22

I missed one week in my calculation but okay. So they actually did refund you as promised. That is great to hear. I am expecting my refund to be before December 22nd as I confirmed the refund (after sending btc address) same as you on November 22nd, however, I was given a different estimate:

That looks like they are doing refunds based on BTC price at time they send refund then. I'm surprised because BTC was at $10k in September. For the T17 I ordered, I'd be getting almost 50% BTC back. I paid 0.085 and $284 credit would be 0.039.

I was surprised about this decision from them as well, but it is actually realistic if you think about it. No one can sue them since that is how BTC should be used in my opinion. Because we are paying in BTC equivalent of USD order. They should refund us same amount of USD but in current BTC equivalent.
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
That looks like they are doing refunds based on BTC price at time they send refund then. I'm surprised because BTC was at $10k in September. For the T17 I ordered, I'd be getting almost 50% BTC back. I paid 0.085 and $284 credit would be 0.039.
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
I received my refund in bitcoin for the amount of 2880 to my address

Couldn't find your address but didn't look back too far. Was refund based on BTC price at time of purchase?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
But I am persistent. I also have 8000 in paypal in orders with them.

If I have to I will put in a claim with paypal on the orders for 1139 which is what they say they owe me.

This is their own doing.  Tell me I am owed 1139 then don't pay me a refund or give me a credit. Is the stupidest business method I have ever seen.

I wrote another email:

Re: [Bitmain] Re: Order ID 001201909xxxxxx and order ID 0012019080xxxxxx
Dec 4 at 11:44 AM

PHILIP Axxxxxx
To: Bitmain
Cc: Philip Axxxxxx

Okay I thought about this. You did not give me the 1139 usd adjustment on my order which you told me to put in to get the credit. At the moment I have six orders on paypal credit with you.

I will have to say I don't understand why you do not fix my problem. I will send and attachment showing the paypal orders I have current with you. It is a simple thing to reduce a paypal order with a refund of the 1139 usd.

I am going to have request a refund of 1139 on my paypal order placed on October 16,2019 you have told me I am due 1139 usd. You can credit me a refund to my paypal order.

I will wait for a reply and then contact paypal for a refund if you do not refund me the 1139 usd to my btc address.
These delays are terrible on your part. I simply do not understand why you are doing this to us. I have ordered more then 100,000 usd from you since 2015. My 2019 orders since August are over 15,000. I sent my clients to you and they ordered 10 s17 pros from you in October of this year. My other client ordered 6,000 in gear from you this year. this is more then 35,000 since September. I am a good customer and you are causing me grief over a 1139 credit. Fix it!

Best regards Philip Axxxxxx

aka philipma1957 of bitcontalk.org

If I have to claim  with paypal I will claim for 1139.00  I owe 8000 in orders on paypal to them.  The idea to not refund me is so dumb it is pretty much unreal.  All those orders are eligible for paypal protection. So They could end up with a lot of paypal claims against them  far more then the 1139 they owe me.

I will stay on top of it as they have now admitted they owe me 1139 credit.  Plus they did not adjust  a btc order or a bank order  when they asked me to put them in.
Activity: 81
Merit: 43
Damn Philipma you are deling with Bella now ....
Good luck
I been down that road it leads nowhere
It’s like a parrot that kept repeating itself and I kept asking for refund and sending my bitcoin address
Until Carol asked me and told me they are processing it and asked me for confirmation of refund request
From that point 2 weeks today it came
legendary
I have no refund or credit so far.

https://www.blockchain.com/en/btc/address/146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3

philipaxxxxxx @ y.../InboxRe: [Bitmain] Re: Order ID 001201909090137 and order ID 0012019080801192
Dec 4 at 10:32 AM

PHILIP Axxxxxx
To: Bitmain
Cc: Philip Axxxxxx

So you never answered my request. I am back to asking for a refund in BTC for 1139 usd worth of btc.

my address for the BTC is :

146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3

I am well known on bitcointalk as philipma1957

I am running a thread about your refund/credit/coupon policy.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53259144

You refunded at least on person in btc to his address.
You gave credits to other people you also have not fixed this for a lot of us.
Your company has face lawsuits in the state of California So I ask why are you not fixing this issue for us.

The thread is 8 pages long and has 10,000 plus views. Just give the refunds and the credits .

The email you sent asked for me to make an order I did you did not give the credit. So give me the refund!

Best regards Philip Arcario aka philipma1957

BTC address is :

1139 usd refund please!

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 12:24:15 AM EST, PHILIP Axxxxxx wrote:

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 10:14:41 PM EST, Bella (Bitmain) <[email protected]> wrote:

I would love to place an order.
I can pay you in coins or paypal. Not with a bank order. My bank does not send orders to China.
I placed an order Order ID:   0012019120301067 Please apply the credit of 1139 usd to it.
the order was 1518.94 - 1139 = 379.94 Please adjust the invoice to 379.94 and I will pay that for the s17 pro.

Best Regards,

Philip Axxxxxx

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (#587852) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://support.bitmain.com/hc/requests/587852

Bella (Bitmain)
Dec 3, 11:14 CST

Hello philipma1957,

Thanks for your consultation!
you are right, under your bitmain account, you have 1139USD credit in total. if you want to use the credit, please place a new order to use the credit.
we do not suggest refund because refund process will last a little long time. thanks
Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Bella
​BITMAIN

Here is where I am waiting on 1139   they said place an order I did the did not credit it the 1139.00

I asked again for a refund.
Originally yes but it went to Bella and then Joanna then Carol

Since Carol told me to confirm my refund (second time ) and it would be three weeks that’s was November 22
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Hello everyone great news
I provided my address publicly in this thread so anyone that wants to can verify

Good to hear that! As far as I remember, you asked for refund and provided them address on 14th or 15th of November, am I right?

So it took Carol around 3 weeks to refund you. That is okay I guess...

Also, I think there will be a lot more refunds coming in soon, I literally got a push notification on my phone while I was at Uni and saw that ETH and BTC are up around 3% and my first thought was:"OMG, imagine if Bitmain is gonna use this spike to refund" but now I am thinking that Bitmain is responsible for this spike...

BTC 24h Volume spiked from steady 15B in last 24h to up to 19B as of writing this reply.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I provided my address publicly in this thread so anyone that wants to can verify

nice! hoping to see mine soon.
legendary
After careful review I think it will allow me to send  bitmain a transfer of money.

It would be a lot easier then opening a bank account  just to send them money.

I will experiment with it on a cheaper order.

Beneficiary Name (Recipient):   
BITMAINTECH PTE LTD
Recipient Address:   8 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Tower 1, #09-03/04. Singapore 339509
Account Number:   000000501511199739
Name Of Bank:   Standard Chartered Bank (China) Limited Shenzhen Branch
Bank Address:   11/F Tower A, Kingkey 100 Building, No. 5016 Shennan East Road, Luohu District,Shenzhen China

Eg. 0012019120xxxxxx (Numeric digits of your Order ID)

SWIFT:   SCBLCNSXSHZ
Additional Intermediary Bank Information:   
USD CORRESPONDING BANK: Standard Chartered Bank, New York
USD CORRESPONDING BANK SWIFT: SCBLUS33

this is a bank transfer order

for a s9 257.64 usd with shipping the deluxe model
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
I'm not sure the debit card actually helps with sending money. I thought it was more for taking money out of the account. I got the card as well since it seems like it will be very useful for getting money when traveling internationally without getting screwed by the typical exchange fees. The $20 should show up as a balance on the web site, and you should be able to send it out now.

I used an ACH transfer initiated from my bank to move money from my bank account to transferwise, and then used that balance to send the wire to Bitmain. I think you can do it in a single step but it might cost a bit more. If you select "send money" on the web site you can see what the options are and what they cost. If you want to test it out, you can send a transfer to your own bank account.
Activity: 355
Merit: 276
I ordered a debit card from transferwise.com   it should arrive in 3-5 days

in theory it should allow me to send usd to bitmain.

there was kyc my NJ drivers license.

I paid $ 20.76 to get the card  it will come with $20.00 on it.

Worst case is a loss of 20.76  and a compromised cc along with kyc of driver's license.  

That is a pretty bad worst case. so I suggest no one rushes to do it.

If it comes with the money and it works.

It will allow me to send wired usd to bitmain.

since I have a credit of 1139 and can use a coupon for 10%

I could order the s17pro for  1520 - 140 =1380-1139 = 241  at 241 It is a good item to get.

If this works I will work at buysolar's account next and the warehouse owner after that.

we may get 3 s17 pros for under 1000 net.
legendary
Also, delaying the refunds until next year may make their books look better for their next IPO attempt...

My 3 S17 pros bought on credit were delivered yesterday, now just waiting for my host to get them up.

For anyone who wants to order by bank transfer, check out https://transferwise.com

They have by far the cheapest international wire transfers, and you can cash out from many exchanges directly to them with no fee using ACH.

The cost for my last wire transfer to Bitmain was $4.60 vs. $45 from my bank directly.

You sir are a trooper and a real help I just went to this thread to ask exactly what you posted. Grin

I will try this next. I will report back.
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
Also, delaying the refunds until next year may make their books look better for their next IPO attempt...

My 3 S17 pros bought on credit were delivered yesterday, now just waiting for my host to get them up.

For anyone who wants to order by bank transfer, check out https://transferwise.com

They have by far the cheapest international wire transfers, and you can cash out from many exchanges directly to them with no fee using ACH.

The cost for my last wire transfer to Bitmain was $4.60 vs. $45 from my bank directly.
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
My guess.... well, its what I'd do if I was CFO..... I'd want to delay refund payments while btc price is this low, because it would be a bigger chunk of btc.  If they can stall the refunds til btc is back around 10k, they wont be handing out as much coin.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I am almost at 2 weeks - I requested refund on Nov 21 and they said it takes 3-4 weeks to refund... funny they only give us 2 hours to pay them but take 4 weeks to pay us.
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
That's odd from Carol to say if you specifically asked for refund but as I do not know what you wrote to them, she may have just given you that option and tried to persuade you to go for it instead of refund.

If you specifically asked for refund. I would answer with something in lines of: "(As of now,) I am unable to make USD transfer orders. Thank you for understanding." or "I would rather have my credit refunded. Thank you in advance".

That should work.

If it does not. Ask for another staff in a new ticket. Bella is awful in my opinion and Carol is awesome, it's hard for me to believe that she would push you too far to give up on refund.

This is what I wrote:

Quote from: PopoJeff
I understand that Order ID: 00120190xxxxx has shipped, and a credit of $1034 has been applied to my account.
I would like to request the amount of $1034 be refunded to me by way of btc.

Please refund the credit amount to my btc wallet address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,
Jeff Xxxx. 29 Nov 2019

Attachment(s)
(QR code).jpeg
Pages:
Jump to: