Pages:
Author

Topic: Special thread concerning bitmains coupons refunds discounts. June 2020 update - page 10. (Read 4227 times)

Activity: 604
Merit: 416
I've been in contact with Bella from their support and I've already publicly complained about her and I've sent feedback for here too.
After opening new ticket and directly asking for Carol to take this ticket instead of any other support member, she answered me in matter of hours (instead of days as Bella usually does) and she was swift and easy to communicate with.

After exactly 2 emails we agreed on everything and the same mail has been sent to me as it has been sent to you:

Hello Filip,

Thanks for your consultation!

We have initiated the refund, please wait patiently, thanks.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Carol
​BITMAIN

And before that she informed me about everything any person asking for refund should know:

Dear Filip,

Good day to you.

We will handle the refund with the following info, please kindly help to do the final confirm.
Please take note that it usually cost 1 month for the process and the USD will be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund.

Order ID: 0012-------
Amount: 853USD
BTC wallet address: 12--------yLY----------pe---

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Carol
Bitmain

So, in conclusion (TL;DR), with Bella, I wasted around 2 weeks of going back and forward and her last email was her trying to push me into making a new order and using credits EVEN AFTER I openly told her that I cannot pay with PayPal or USDwire and I am only making purchases with BTC. I stopped answering to that support ticket and gave bad feedback as mentioned above.

However, with Carol, it took me exactly 18 hours (of which I slept 8 hours) to come to agreement.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Here is where I am at for my 114 refund for 2 s9k units.

Re: [Bitmain] Re: my credit for order number
Nov 22 at 9:48 AM

PHILIP xxxxxxx
To: Bitmain

On Friday, November 22, 2019, 02:43:08 AM EST, Carol (Bitmain) wrote:

Yes please refund me 114 usd in btc for my s9k order. I will look forward to getting this around christmas a month from now. This will fix the s9k order that was shipped to me in sept 2019.  The other 5 orders Are coming soon I will make sure to check the figures on them to be sure we do them correctly. Thank you for fixing  the refund on my s9k order.
Best regards,

Philip xxxxxxx
aka
philipma1957 of bitcointalk . org

##- Please type your reply above this line -##  

Your request (#58xxxx) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https : // support . bitmain . com / hc / requests /58xxxx

Carol (Bitmain)
Nov 22, 15:43 CST

Dear philipma1957,

Good day to you.

We will handle the refund with the following info, please kindly help to do the final confirm.
Please take note that it usually cost 1 month for the process and the USD will be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund.

Order ID: 00120190808xxxxx
Amount:  114USD
BTC wallet address: 146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Carol
Bitmain

My reply is in bold.
This  is only for my s9k problem.

I have not yet resolved my order of 2x t17e units they arrive today.  They were shipped 9 days late.  They have a 865 price adjustment not yet handled.

Keep working at the mystery girl "Carol".  Be polite  persistent and perfectly accurate.

Good luck to all.

Phil
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I received this email today:

Carol (Bitmain)

Nov 22, 19:46 CST

Hello Moparminingllc,

We have initiated the refund process, please wait patiently.

Best regards,
Carol
​BITMAIN

I am beginning to think that their support staff is only 1 person because every email I get is from Carol, either that or they just sign all emails as "Carol"

curious to see how long it takes for refund.  They still have not reset my coupon that was used in the order that expired when I tried to use the amount they owed as a credit. The order expired without them processing the credit and thus, I made no payment and the coupon then "expired".

edit: the coupon just appeared within the past 10 minutes. I had checked, made the above post and then rechecked, and now it is there.
Activity: 55
Merit: 15
Hello,

I also had success with my credit from two orders T17 + and T17.

Yesterday i ordered one Antminer S17 Pro-53TH/s - payment USD Wire. Now I had 2 days to make the transfer before the order is canceled.

I contact Bitmain and today they deduct the amount in the user center.

After this i have the choice to pay with USD Wire or Paypal. I must pay 285 ,17 USD =).

It is imperative that USD wire is chosen as the payment method. Only then does the customer service have to react before the order is canceled.
Activity: 81
Merit: 43
Did they ever say what BTC price they will use to refund you? Hopefully, they'll refund at the current price and not the price at the time of your order.

I've got 3 support tickets open and haven't had any response. I trying to find out if I can transfer the credit for a Dec. S17 order to my host who is doing a bulk order from Malaysia.

Did you hear back through a support ticket, or have you been just emailing directly?

Mixture of both emails ticket responses and new tickets
One email a day and one new ticket a day with the same content as the previous email
Dunno How long it will take and if it will be another 10days with no results ....
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
The USD amount will  be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund.

This line was discussed here a lot, and I am happy to hear that from Bitmain!
Will contact Carol again since Bella is not answering her mails and even though I was offer a refund, she forces me to open a new order and use my credit there. After successfully obtaining my money, I will go to their support and complain about their staff but until then, I will be silent.
legendary
I got the following late last night/this morning:

Carol (Bitmain)

Nov 21, 16:25 CST

Hello Moparminingllc,

Due to the price update, now you have creidt of 146USD in your account.
If you want to use the credit, please kindly place new orders with USD payment method and inform us the new order ID, we will transfer your credit to your new order asap.

Best regards,
Carol
​BITMAIN

Shortly after that I got the following:

Carol (Bitmain)

Nov 21, 16:39 CST

Hello Moparminingllc,

For the overpaid amount, you can provide the order ID and we will refund for it.
The USD amount will  be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund.

Best regards,
Carol
​BITMAIN

I replied to both that I will take the refund in BTC.

The email from Bitmain states we could receive a refund or a credit - I prefer the refund.

Send refund to address:

3PpMnscq3mj8ACsDdPbPgFhtoSzz1LybYC

I will see what they do.
legendary
I am still trying to get  my

114 usd for the s9k order
865 usd for the 2x t17e order
120 usd compensation for a 9 day delay on the t17e order of 2 units
1099 total

At the moment my s17 pro paypal order is due to arrive this fri came from malaysia I paid 44 in import tax
my order of 2x 17e btc payment is due to arrive this fri from china I have not been billed on this for import taxes could be  733 to 932  or who knows

It would be 932 if taxed on price I paid
It would be 733 if taxed on bitmain adjusted price.

So worst case is 932 and I get zero for the 1099 I believe I should get in credit/refund  that is a possible 2031 cost.

What I don't understand  is why  they would fuck around  with the 1099.. The trump tax is not their fault but the 1099 is on them.

I have multiple paypal orders around 10,000 and I have recourse for them.  
Their fucking around on the 1099 issue only make me an I am sure others take recourse on paypal orders.
I have 4 different people I can order gear from bitmain with.
I can simply never order any from philipma1957 and claim on paypal.
I don't behave this way, but I can assure you other people do behave this way.

Their attitude towards me is very disturbing. I don't think it is a good sign for 2020 ½ ing as bitmain's play here looks like a mistake based on fear of 2020 ½ ing results.

Oh solid price drop overnight to 7800 a coin.
Activity: 544
Merit: 589
Did they ever say what BTC price they will use to refund you? Hopefully, they'll refund at the current price and not the price at the time of your order.

I've got 3 support tickets open and haven't had any response. I trying to find out if I can transfer the credit for a Dec. S17 order to my host who is doing a bulk order from Malaysia.

Did you hear back through a support ticket, or have you been just emailing directly?
Just got another hit

Carol
6 minutes ago
Hello Prpz82,

We will process the refund with the following info, please kindly help to do the final confirm, thanks.

Order ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxx
Amount: 853, 994, 1034 (total: 2881USD)
BTC wallet address: 3LNZ9CsXCUWkHjqXarcyBV5EmqGvWMxH5d

Best regards,
Carol
​BITMAIN

replied no questions
process as soon as you can and it all looks good

lets see what happens....
legendary
 I wrote a long polite email asking for my 1000 usd  owed to me.

lets see how it goes.
Well this just came in minutes, hot off the press

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (#586428) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://support.bitmain.com/hc/requests/586428

Carol (Bitmain)
Nov 21, 11:19 CST

Hello Prpz82,

Sir, really sorry for late reply.

We check your 3 orders and now you can choose to use the overpaid amount in your new orders with USD payment method or refund.
If you choose refund, please kindly provide the valid BTC wallet address and we will handle the refund asap.

Best regards,
Carol

Replied with address immedietly lets see if it comes around this time
already had an email like this before tho and I sent my btc address 3x and reminders and received nothing
legendary
no. I have never used PayPal with Bitmain.
6 emails and 2 tickets - zero response.

7 emails 5 tickets (3 in the last 3 days will do another one tomorrow and the day after and the day after 2400$ is worth it for me )
I hope you are not trying to use “credit” for redemption with a PayPal purchase as per their instructions
legendary
6 emails and 2 tickets - zero response.
Order delivered 10 days ago requested it politely when it shipped and a few days after and a few days after and everyday for the last three....got nothing ....not even a reply ...

Would love to hear one person who successfully got anything in their bitcoin wallet

Also the credit through PayPal has been stated a couple times I can’t imagine how you’d place an order get in touch with them get them to credit you back within the time frame of their customer service /sales team answers
Your order will ship out more thank likely will get stiffed
Also would love to hear if anyone successfully got this to work, may be an alternative to the BTC refund request which most definetly doesn’t work
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
So you paid the full amount with paypal and then got a refund over Paypal?

If i have 1400 USD credit and buy one Miner for 1600 USD, they deduct to 200 USD?

No. I only attempted an order with BTC to see if credit would show up after they told me the credit was on my account. The credit did not show anywhere to be used and I let order expire. Their support then said you have to pay full price with PayPal and then they will manually apply the credit through PayPal.

Based on what their support has been stating, yes, you would pay full 1600 USD via PayPal and then they'd give you 1400 USD back via PayPal. I probably wouldn't attempt that though unless you don't care about potentially getting stiffed on your credit. They were also offering BTC refunds, but stated that could only be requested on orders that have already shipped.
Activity: 55
Merit: 15
The only way to get the credit according to their support is to pay with PayPal and then contact them with the order ID. They will then manually deduct the amount from the order. I too tried placing an order over a week ago with BTC after they first told me I had a credit and no credit was shown or applied on the order along with no coupon. I contacted their support again and they gave the pay with PayPal and contact them answer others have also received.

So you paid the full amount with paypal and then got a refund over Paypal?

If i have 1400 USD credit and buy one Miner for 1600 USD, they deduct to 200 USD?
They way these are dropping in price combined with the coupon quality given i can’t justify any purchase
If the price drops more and they start handing out maximum 5% discount coupons next (not far from it already )
Not even taking into account the bs support that doesn’t reply back and how the s17e coupons credits refunds are non existent....
legendary
so they pulled my 856 coupon gave me a 173 coupon to replace it.

they also dropped the s17 pro from 1599 to 1566

so 1566- 156 = 1410 s17 pro. seven day ship

t17 drops from 1002 to 977 nov 28-30 ship

so 977- 97 = 890

the other units dropped in price.
Pages:
Jump to: