Pages:
Author

Topic: Special thread concerning bitmains coupons refunds discounts. June 2020 update - page 6. (Read 4227 times)

Activity: 544
Merit: 589
My order actually expired before the credit was applied. When they applied the credit the order went active again and I think I was given 4 days to wire the difference. So no need to worry about the order expiring.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
[...]

I actually explained the procedure that worked for me here on this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53180342

A few clarifications:
1. typically, it works only for what they call USD order (means currently non-existing paypal and bank wire).
2. You need to establish what is your credit value. To do that simply say that you are putting in the order and need to know your credit. Just put the order in the cart, but don't finalize.
3. once you received the message about the value of your credit (or already know it), proceed to point#4.
4. Put in the USD order, finalize it, put the choice as bank wire. Bank wire has 48 hr leeway before it expires.
5. receive the order number, send email with this order number saying that you want your credit to be applied to that finalized order as a reply to the SAME rep who told you about your credit value and do it during 9am-5pm Beijing time. In my case they applied credit to order within 2 hr of sending the final email.
6. Hopefully, your credit fully covers miner's cost, then you do not need to pay anything and, hence, no need to sent any wires. That was my situation.
7. What happened to phil and others might not happen to you because I was specifically told: no refund for you, only credit and only toward new USD orders.
8. Obviously, if your credit does not fully cover the shipment, then you would have to follow instructions for the wire of the difference.
Activity: 414
Merit: 182
Quote from: Carol (Bitmain)
Dec 6, 18:12 CST

Dear J...

Good day to you.

We will handle the refund with the following info, please kindly help to do the final confirm.
Please take note that it usually cost 1 month for the process and the USD will be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund.

Order ID: 0012019091101454
Amount: 1034USD
BTC wallet address: 3AzMtTh1QZAcUQUZDx4t332CyCcF4T4cXW

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Carol
Bitmain
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
They most likely wanted some cash on hand and did paypal for about  a month.

They have done PayPal on other occasions.

They are a typical business if they owe  they delay.

Polite professional emails over and over and over again are best method  to get results.

She sent me an email at 3:44am eastern standard time.

[Bitmain] Re: Order ID 001201909090137 and order ID 0012019080801192
Dec 6 at 3:44 AM

Bella (Bitmain)
To: philipma1957
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (#587852) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https: // support. bitmain . com/hc/requests/587852

Bella (Bitmain)
Dec 6, 16:44 CST

Dear philipma1957,

Thanks for your order and payment.
we have received your payment, the order is paid and put into production
The order will be shipped according to the batch shipping date. Our system will update tracking number and invoice to your email after shipment, please pay your attention to your emails, thanks.

Best regards,
Bella
Bitmain
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Yeah  which was only fair as my orders that created the credit were done in btc why not let me do a btc order with the credit.

True, but you may have been an exception. They may have done this to get you off their backs, but what about people that do not have leverage...

Thanks for info and timeline, I will try to push my refund with Carol to be done as soon as possible as I am interested in ordering again. However, when I asked here directly if they accept credit for BTC orders, she just ignored the question and answered other ones. I asked here again today so I will have to wait for 2 AM to see her answer.

Also, I asked her if they plan on adding PayPal as an option again and her answer was:
Quote from: Carol (Bitmain)
As for the paypal, we are not sure when it can be available again.

So, this might be your doing Phil Wink

They are now probably scared of PayPal refund policy.
legendary
So they actually went against their word and let you use credit on BTC order?

Yeah  which was only fair as my orders that created the credit were done in btc why not let me do a btc order with the credit.

Well onwards and upwards. Grin

Over the next few weeks I will poast back about the 35,000 in gear busolar and the warehouse guys ordered.  I will work on finding credits due to them and getting refunds or credits on new gear.

OH yesterday's  diff jump was a very small drop which is cool.  It is like us miners getting Christmas gifts. Grin

1) I had email Bella saying I will order a unit and please credit the 1139 to it.

2) I placed a btc order for 1 s17 pro on tuesday placed it at 11pm Eastern Standard Time.  It expired.

3) I complained she did not give me the credit.

4) I told her since she ignored the ordered I placed I was going to talk to paypal about a refund.

5) I showed her I had 8000 plus in paypal orders under protection until April 2020

6) I said  why are you doing this to me I ordered over 100,000 in gear since 2015

7) I mentioned buysolar's orders tis year.

Cool i mentioned the 10 s17 pro's the warehouse/host ordered all on paypal.

9) lastly I mention bitmain lost a lawsuit in California  ( this is why gear now comes with no pools)

my guess is common sense prevailed .

I could cause a lot of grief over all the paypal orders.

It is only 1139  I have 8000 in paypal orders and the warehouse in clifton people have 23,000  in paypal orders.

so why fuck around with 1139 vs  31,000-32,000  in possible callbacks.

Mention the thread if they stuck you.

Be polite be polite

this is business  stall tactics are common

mention  the California lawsuit

simply say why are you not paying refund/giving credit. It is like you want to cause trouble for yourself and your company.
I am also interested in knowing how he accomplished it.
Also, their support work time is: 9am-6pm Beijing time (GMT+8) which means they are currently not answering tickets.
When I have a problem with them, I have to be awake from 2 AM up until 10 AM due to time zones...
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Well I got a 1139 credit against my btc order for 1 s17 pro

I made a 0.05179412 btc payment to fully pay it...

So how did this actually work.

Did you place the order, then not pay it? I guess it would have time out as most BTC orders do after an hour or so.

Then once you placed the order did you email them and ask for the credit to be allocated against the order?

Even though it had expired?

Thanks, just want to clarify the process.

[edit]
So I have tried placing an order, but of course you only have 1 hour to pay it, and no response from support yet. Roll Eyes
[/edit]

I made a 0.05179412 btc payment to fully pay it.

So they actually went against their word and let you use credit on BTC order?

Philipma
Let me know if you need any more coupons or know anyone  Smiley))
I have three available 10% 689 314 201 looking for about $200 all three

I might need some coupons, are they expiring in January or have no expiry date?
legendary
Philipma

i some.
buysolar has some.
warehouse/host has some.

so we are okay coupon wise.

still need to figure credits for buysolar and my other partners.
Activity: 81
Merit: 43
Philipma
legendary

I made a 0.05179412 btc payment to fully pay it.

https://btc1.trezor.io/tx/fbbb7faf97b29d5d16e1567761572cdecff23ff3eaed27728e49d227a5da1830

1EcZ8DLfNZJRxky8nb4DcQh5A1D2qxJNdq

[Bitmain] Re: Order ID 001201909090137 and order ID 0012019080801192
Dec 5 at 9:39 PM

Bella (Bitmain)
To: philipma1957
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (#587852) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://support.bitmain.com/hc/requests/587852

Bella (Bitmain)
Dec 6, 10:39 CST

Hello philipma1957,

Sorry for late reply.
Your credit has been moved to new order 00120191203xxxxxx, you can continue paying to this order to make the order paid, thanks

Best regards,
Bella
​BITMAIN

So the s17 pro  is due to ship  Jan 1-10

So I am now fourth person  that has gotten a good credit.

I paid under 370 for a s17 pro.

We have room for it.

And Bella fixed it!!

To those that are waiting please keep trying and link to the thread as they are now fixing stuff.

My thanks to the mods that allowed the thread to be placed here.

I now need to work on buysolar's credits  and my  warehouse/host  he ordered 10 s17pros.

He may be due  around 2000.

I now have:

1 t17         42
1 t17+       64
1 s17 pro   53

159 th

2x avalon 1066     106th      they are very late not sure WTF they did

this is 265th
           99th down at warehouse

so we will be up to 1000 + 265 + 99 + 100 = 1474 th   in primary account 500th in warehouse account.

and maybe a few more credits for other gear purchased.
This is what they are now saying when requesting a refund, so you may luck out or may not, but they are sending refunds based on price of BTC at time of refund being sent:

We will handle the refund with the following info, please kindly help to do the final confirm.
Please take note that it usually cost 1-2 month for the process and the USD will be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund.

The 1-2 month wait gives them plenty of time to send at most opportune time for them.

Nothing new... But as New Year's Eve is close, I understand them taking a li'l bit longer with refunds. But I really hope they will refund everyone before end of January as that is probably when new units will be released.
Activity: 265
Merit: 232
This is what they are now saying when requesting a refund, so you may luck out or may not, but they are sending refunds based on price of BTC at time of refund being sent:

Please take note that it usually cost 1-2 month for the process and the USD will be transferred to BTC according to the real time exchange rate when our finance team doing the refund.

The 1-2 month wait gives them plenty of time to send at most opportune time for them.
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
[...]

So true. It can be a pain. It can take a while. But in the end we are all human. Be nice to each other and eventually things work out for the best.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
Oh I sent them emails - I was told to wait 3 to 4 weeks for refund, it has been just over 2 weeks, so I should see something relatively soon. Still hoping my T17 order ships soon as well.
legendary
mine shows zero there and I also have not yet received my refund either.

send them emails show my screen shot and favebook ask what is up.

so far a few people have actually got a credit or a refund.
the rest of us must be persistent.

do not give up be professional polite etc etc.

we have no idea what conditions the staff are in or what they are being told.

i spent 200 days getting a refund from ups.com

and they admitted it was their fault the package 📦 was delivered to the wrong location. still made me wait.

i talked with three girls once a week for months.  was polite and got my money.

same thing with a high end kenwood car amp that took 9 months.
i stressed i would always be polite and never stop until my replacement amp was issued. called one or two times each week.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
mine shows zero there and I also have not yet received my refund either.
LOL everyone is happy when it works out this way but they all shit the bed when they get less BTC in a refund because the price went up.

Yeah, you are correct. But I am happy that they are using this method instead of any other. Even if BTC was 15k now, I would be happy because that would mean that Bitmain is staying true to their methods, and being fair.

Some action!!

https://i.imgur.com/nImT7oU.png

looks like I can order something and get a credit applied

if I get the s17 it is  1332-133 =1199-1139 = 60 plus 100 to ship = 160

Yeah, nice catch, it has been only a few hours since they added this. My credit still sits there even if I requested refund, but I am unsure if I can use it for any order, I tried on BTC order but credit does not appear anywhere.

https://imgur.com/a/6LHjgLd
legendary
Some action!!

looks like I can order something and get a credit applied

if I get the s17 it is  1332-133 =1199-1139 = 60 plus 100 to ship = 160
Pages:
Jump to: