Pages:
Author

Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto! - page 18. (Read 3199 times)

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
June 21, 2018, 09:56:59 PM
I think, It is not acceptable for all countries. For example in my country it is not acceptable for now. Maybe it will be soon.
Only few branch not all of their store, if they do officially accept cryptocurrency as a represent of their company then they will make an official announcement but they don't so that I can assume it's an initiative of the branch's manager.
But you can buy starbuck gift card for bitcoin and its pretty much the same, the different is you dont need to wait for confirmation when checking it out at the merchant.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 09:52:34 PM
Nowadays, ICO are becoming more popular. There are a lot of promising ICO on the market, but in my opinion one of the most promising ones in our day is the project Vireo. It’s really cool  ICO! Check it!
Activity: 70
June 21, 2018, 11:51:18 AM
I hope it is readily available in all Starbucks Store worldwide so I can use it in a daily basis. I can't wait to use cryptocurrency in a way that I don't need to exchange my cryptocurrency to fiat currency.
Activity: 90
Merit: 2
June 21, 2018, 10:44:02 AM
This is a great news. One of the biggest companies in the world is accepting cryptocurrency. This is just the beginning of this massive revolution that will change the world's financial industry and how people view money.
Activity: 84
June 21, 2018, 10:40:28 AM
I remember many years ago we could buy gift cards, including Starbucks if I remember correct, with apps on our phones instantly with Bitcoin. Off the top of my head I remember Gyft specifically.
Activity: 98
June 21, 2018, 06:08:27 AM
This is a very good news. Although the power of Starbucks can not affect the direction of the cryptocurrency. But I have to say that Starbucks' strategy is very successful. If you use cryptocurrency for payment then. At least the user is noble. It is mainstream. It is avant-garde. Very good strategy. It should be possible to reverse the existing starbucks situation that Starbucks already has. The Starbucks Group will be better developed.
Activity: 107
June 20, 2018, 12:05:17 PM
i have to admit that this is a very big step for the crypto currencies. Of course this is  not and top solution that you have to change your cryptos for gifft cards before buying
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
June 20, 2018, 04:29:53 AM
Could your headline BE any more clickbait-y??! Crypto has a long way to go before it becomes part of the everyday transactional experience. Rather than lament it, I wish more developers would work on real world use cases and ways to 'normalise' crypto as a means of payment for the general public

Haha, I did go for a Clickbait title. Personally, I think this is a step closer to real World use. For instance I would put the app on my own phone and use it at a number of retailers but I could also put it on my wife's phone and load it up with Zix or eth, my kids phones and even my elderly mum's phone, she could use the app to do her weekly shop at Tesco's with it.
It possible but many thing will change and many thing should be considered because once crypto become part of of a real world, the government can be oppose a law to it and they might control it, once it become part of daily transaction or can payment in some store like starbucks. But now i think it's not yet happen that Starbucks is accepting a crypto as payment, maybe if the value of bitcoin is become stable, then surely it will accept it as payment.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
June 20, 2018, 04:22:02 AM
I believe that we are heading into a new age, in which blockchain technology is going to provide a significant level of a digital currency that is going to have a consumer application. And I believe that Starbucks is in a unique position to take advantage of that…
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
June 20, 2018, 04:21:16 AM
I think, It is not acceptable for all countries. For example in my country it is not acceptable for now. Maybe it will be soon.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
June 20, 2018, 04:19:28 AM
Could your headline BE any more clickbait-y??! Crypto has a long way to go before it becomes part of the everyday transactional experience. Rather than lament it, I wish more developers would work on real world use cases and ways to 'normalise' crypto as a means of payment for the general public

Haha, I did go for a Clickbait title. Personally, I think this is a step closer to real World use. For instance I would put the app on my own phone and use it at a number of retailers but I could also put it on my wife's phone and load it up with Zix or eth, my kids phones and even my elderly mum's phone, she could use the app to do her weekly shop at Tesco's with it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
June 20, 2018, 04:07:08 AM
If it is not just a way to get some money so i can say that this is a good news. But I don't understand why you should create your own token to operate with cryptocurrency.

This Medium article is a good explanation of why we have our own Zix token

https://medium.com/the-zeex-protocol/staking-your-claim-with-zix-c7c6d1aa2cb3
Activity: 226
Merit: 14
BaanX
June 05, 2018, 08:29:02 AM
Oh great i wish i was there in your country that accepts bitcoin coz i really love coffee that's my favorite stop over place. Hanging out with my friends using our laptop and doing some research
I hope we my country will adopt bitcoin as a payment provider. i hate cash anymore Lol!
Activity: 59
June 05, 2018, 07:47:37 AM
It wasn't impossible because Starbucks is one of the big companies in our world who love by coffee lover people. This was another milestone for Starbucks with crypto business.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
June 05, 2018, 07:41:27 AM
big chains accepting crypt money makes it possible for crypto money to be seen by large masses. crypto money can be accepted and legalized by everyone
Activity: 320
Merit: 17
free space pm if interessed
June 05, 2018, 07:38:48 AM
wow this is really great news, we're walking in the future, starbucks that will accept the crypto is fantastic
Activity: 111
June 05, 2018, 07:12:52 AM
I am pleased to see such improvements like this Smiley I believe that, most companies will use bitcoin technology soon.
Activity: 111
June 05, 2018, 07:12:10 AM
That is good news. hope that it will work in the whole brand chain, i mean in all countries where starbuck exists. but the way of payment actually is not the best. hashcard offers more comfortable way
Activity: 293
Merit: 12
June 03, 2018, 05:51:03 PM
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
June 03, 2018, 05:39:46 PM
I think there is nothing bad about this fact. Now each company will aim to introduce the crypto in their payment system. There is no way back, now it's become a part of brands' competition as a whole.
Pages:
Jump to: