Pages:
Author

Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto! - page 19. (Read 3199 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 30
June 03, 2018, 02:01:39 PM
If starbucks is accepting cryptocurrency then it is good to be heard because this symbolized that cryptocurrency is in demand business which favor to them company to be profitable enough.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
June 02, 2018, 06:21:03 AM
i have to admit that this is a very big step for the crypto currencies. Of course this is  not and top solution that you have to change your cryptos for gifft cards before buying
Activity: 17
June 01, 2018, 10:58:53 PM
More and more large group companies are now entering the crypto market,This is a very encouraging news for the entire industry.Companies like Starbucks have many operating points around the world. Their joining is considered to provide the greatest help for crypto because they have a large customer base. I will pay attention to such news. thank you for your sharing.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
June 01, 2018, 01:15:48 AM
If it is not just a way to get some money so i can say that this is a good news. But I don't understand why you should create your own token to operate with cryptocurrency.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
June 01, 2018, 12:57:03 AM
I think it is a very good information as I know. Starbuck, who don't know this big company? With the presence of Starbucks in crypto, I really hope that the other industries can follow this step forward. Moreover, many more industries following the crypto, it will give a good effect for the crypto itself.
Activity: 196
June 01, 2018, 12:29:35 AM
Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.

So your point would be not to use crypto at all? This is a solution for not having to convert back to fiat and not having to pay fees.

So as a personal example as a UK crypto holder I would have to convert my eth back to fiat using Coinbase with the fees and time it entails and then wait for it to clear in my bank account before buying my coffee at Starbucks.

Or I could do as the guy in the video did, walk into Starbucks buy a gift token with eth or zix using the app and be out there in minutes with my coffee.  Smiley

I don't see this as the be all and end all of mass adoption but it is a step in the right direction.

I see the usage of Zeex platform as a method to quickly use your cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment through gift cards which is as of the moment an alternative for cryptocurrency payments as many companies would still not want them as a mode of payment for its volatility. However I understand Howard Roark's point that it is still the mass adoption of crypto that we would want in the commercial market as you would still to exchange your crypto, but for now it is still the best solution while we are waiting for cryptocurrencies to be accepted as a mode of payment of big commercial companies.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
June 01, 2018, 12:26:53 AM
I see this is a very good symbiosis and mutual benefit, starbuck will help crypto known more widely and worldwide
Activity: 198
June 01, 2018, 12:25:34 AM
It is nice to hear that they are engage in crypto currencies, may be some other compony are willing to engage  for many advantages due to our daily life. We to support and patronize for many reasons for the good of our society's.
Activity: 726
June 01, 2018, 12:17:54 AM
I do not know if this news has been confirmed from the Starbucks, if true I hope can be applied throughout the world including Indonesia
Activity: 19
June 01, 2018, 12:16:42 AM
i have to admit that this is a very big step for the crypto currencies. Of course this is  not and top solution that you have to change your cryptos for gifft cards before buying
Activity: 255
Merit: 11
May 31, 2018, 07:17:58 AM
This is really a great news! I won't be surprised if one day paper bills and coins will vanished. We all know that the technology is getting great in every generations. Cryptocurrency is our future and this will make us more convenient and make our life easier. We should always think that our security is in our hands when it comes to our wallets. I hope more and more security will be given.
xws
Activity: 105
May 31, 2018, 07:06:58 AM
Very interesting news, I would like to see more of the organizations accepting the crypto currency. I think it will be very cool if you could buy goods in computer stores for crypto currency. It would be a very cool cycle where you can buy equipment for making coins, and you can pay coins for it.
Activity: 340
Merit: 13
May 31, 2018, 07:05:23 AM
Of this thing will happen mate, its a good news for everyone who wants to go coffee in starbucks and paying a crypto which is instantly getting paid. It is one of the development of crypto in the world. Hope that it wil be more projects that crypto will be part of it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
May 31, 2018, 06:59:13 AM
Interesting news.  Really, soon it will not be necessary to bother exchanging crypts for fiat money, but on the direct one you will be able to buy!
Good news for us, now crypto slowly accepted by big companies and this is the sign that it will continue spreading the technology about crypto. It's pretty good to hear the information because the higher demand on people the maximum of individuals to invest crypto.
Activity: 336
May 31, 2018, 06:58:16 AM
Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

If they implement it, it will be a big breakthrough. For example, EBay is also planning to accept bitcoin in payment. Amazon also spoke about this at a conference. So friends this is the future of crypto.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
May 31, 2018, 06:52:41 AM
Interesting news.  Really, soon it will not be necessary to bother exchanging crypts for fiat money, but on the direct one you will be able to buy!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
May 31, 2018, 06:45:49 AM
first time I heard about it, but the news is very good! this is another step to constantly use cryptocurrency

Woohoo! Great news! It's really convenient. And  I hope Starbucks will set a good example for other cafes and stores etc., so they'll start accepting cryptocurrencies as a payment.
Activity: 308
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
May 30, 2018, 07:28:43 AM
Good news for all the cryptocurrency enthusiasts. The more companies will use tokens in their work, the better. Perhaps in this way the whole world will soon switch to the use of bitcoin and other coins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 104
May 30, 2018, 06:53:46 AM
 I support both, as these are the most popular crypto-currencies. They will take a height above all, this is purely my opinion, I do not call on anyone.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
May 30, 2018, 04:59:07 AM
the news is very encouraging ..
I can sit down while enjoying coffee and seeing the scenery around, without having to carry a small buck in the pocket.
Pretty encouraging I must say. This though is small to what I believe will end up happening in the long run as the days when we will start seeing cryptocurrency debit cards are gradually drawing closer. Nevertheless, this is still a very good start and a good innovation that cannot be discarded. With things turning out fast like this will assist in ushering us to the level of mainstream adoption in the long run.

it's really real and it's been proven to buy a cup of coffee with ETH it's to a very extraordinary masters but in my country there is nothing like it in starbucks
Yeah, it is pretty much a very nice one and this is what we really want to keep seeing. New innovations that would make the space worthwhile at the end rather than us just seeing some form of speculation that allows huge fluctuation in value of cryptocurrencies at large. With stuffs like this, we get to start seeing huge demand and over time, things will even get more established and even more interesting.
Pages:
Jump to: