Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 50. (Read 136139 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Im living in Victoria, Australia and I could go and visit mr zhou tong  Smiley
Yeah, planning that on a public forum sounds like a really smart idea too.

Just because they're planning a whacking on the forum, doesn't mean they have the guts to do it.

Nonetheless, the Bitcoinica fiasco does seems to bring the worst out of people.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Yeah, planning that on a public forum sounds like a really smart idea too.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I'd be a bit more sympathetic to the "witch hunt" and "kangaroo court" rhetoric if ANYONE at the center of this had made criminal complaints in regards to the 'hacks'.
legendary
1davout
if i didn't know better i'd think you're Zhoutong behind that avatar.
I think conspiracy theories are fun and amusing, don't agree with me and you're an idiot

don't forget long term criminal who laundered money as well.  i bet he was frightened by little Zhou.
I'm unable to grasp the concept of legal threat and think most matters are settled through physical violence, your argument is invalid
FTFY
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

you should.  i bet a few of the ripped off around here would pay you a nice sum to go recover their money.  Wink
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
^ Yeah, stalking an innocent man is the best solution here I'm sure.

Roll Eyes
legendary

It's plenty of time.  The hacker obviously new the jig was up so the conversation did not need to last long at all.

please... Roll Eyes
Read : "Please, let us continue our entertaining little witch hunt"

Yeah, sounds about right.  Like folks around here took 69 minutes to wait to grab the pitchforks when aurumxchange posted their misleading info?

yeah right, a multimillionaire who deals in the Chinese black markets is gonna turn scared from little Zhou is his first short conversation after 6 mo with a heist he's already gotten away with for several months.  yes; please... Roll Eyes

oh yes, Zhou called him a "long term criminal".  

Long term criminals tend to be the smart ones, he knew Zhou Tong was on to him now and that was that.

if i didn't know better i'd think you're Zhoutong behind that avatar.

don't forget long term criminal who laundered money as well.  i bet he was frightened by little Zhou.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

It's plenty of time.  The hacker obviously new the jig was up so the conversation did not need to last long at all.

please... Roll Eyes

Yeah, sounds about right.  Like folks around here took 69 minutes to wait to grab the pitchforks when aurumxchange posted their misleading info?

yeah right, a multimillionaire who deals in the Chinese black markets is gonna turn scared from little Zhou is his first short conversation after 6 mo with a heist he's already gotten away with for several months.  yes; please... Roll Eyes

Long term criminals tend to be the smart ones, he knew Zhou Tong was on to him now and that was that.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
legendary

please... Roll Eyes

Activity: 532

Audio record of said conversation or it did not happen.

please... Roll Eyes

Yeah, sounds about right.  Like folks around here took 69 minutes to wait to grab the pitchforks when aurumxchange posted their misleading info?
legendary
1davout

please... Roll Eyes
legendary

please... Roll Eyes
Vod
legendary
i seriously doubt Zhou could've "discovered" all this info and forced a confession in less than 6h from Aurumexchanges Public announcement.

Why not?  Once he confronted the guilty party they obviously became deeply afraid and would be more than willing to try and find a solution.  Had the evidence of the e-mail break in been shared with Zhou Tong earlier the true culprit would have been discovered earlier, you are pointing the finger in the wrong direction here.

It was actually 69 minutes from the point Zhou said he would look into it, to when he wrote his very detailed post about what had happened.  Writing that post alone would have taken 20 minutes!  That's a very short window to contact someone you haven't spoken to in at least 6 months, convince them to admit to the theft and give you all the details about how it was done.

Also - if they were "deeply afraid", why did they only offer up 20k bitcoins?  Wouldn't they have returned everything that was stolen, esp if they were rich?
i seriously doubt Zhou could've "discovered" all this info and forced a confession in less than 6h from Aurumexchanges Public announcement.

Why not?  Once he confronted the guilty party they obviously became deeply afraid and would be more than willing to try and find a solution.  Had the evidence of the e-mail break in been shared with Zhou Tong earlier the true culprit would have been discovered earlier, you are pointing the finger in the wrong direction here.
Activity: 504
Whoops! forgot to enable 2factor on MtGox

2factor WAS enabled on MtGox originally, but turned off before the hack occurred.
Source? And why would anyone disable 2FA? Huh

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.665875
and we had to set up another account for automated Mt. Gox code withdrawals till recently.

that was a second account they setup without secondary. their primary account has 2-factor.  But, conveniently the money that recently went missing was loaded ont he old secondary account without 2-factor.  You are misreading to see any where that they would say it was removed.

What was changed not long ago was raising the limits to the current max on the secondary account....
Vod
legendary

2factor WAS enabled on MtGox originally, but turned off before the hack occurred.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.665875
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

In order to "lose" a quarter million dollars?
Pages:
Jump to: