Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 9. (Read 136139 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Well I dont think ZT is the thief, but :

- He took great responsabilities. With those responsabilities comes risks of being personnaly involved. Only being verbally trashed in forums is pretty soft in my opinion.

- Some people here lost a lot. I lost ~45k$ and for me 40k represent a huge amount of money. Considering this, people have the right to be angry and voice their opinion.
You cant imagine how I am in pain knowing that people like patrick stateman and others from intersango are taking huge vacation and just generally avoiding the hard issues at play here while I am grinding my ass to recover my money and that I am kinda broke.

With that said, I still believe ZT is innocent and is doing his best, but I reserve my judgement and I respect other people rights to voice their opinion.

I would like to add that Intersango team responsability is as well huge and clear and that they deserve much more than the attacks that get thrown at them
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
I've been reading this thread on and off for a while now and I can't hold it in any longer.

Shouldn't a person be innocent until proven guilty?

To me, it doesn't seem like there's enough proof to confirm WITHOUT A DOUBT either way, although there is more evidence against ZT than for him.

It seems to me that there's more information the exchanges have but aren't able to release just now and until that happens, it's not possible to decide one way or the other.

If he's guilty then hang him, but let's say that he's cleared of all crimes. What will those who are baying for blood do then?

Will some of the accusers then admit that they've no integrity and that their word should count for nothing forever more unless ZT agrees to forgive them?

I don't think a simple "Oh, I'm really, really, really sorry!" would cut it after all the things that have been said but I guess integrity is only something some of the accusers expect from the accused.

If he turns out to be a 17yr old CHILD, can you imagine what it must feel like to have the whole community that you've been working with, turn on you? You've gone and lost a friend's money ($40K), you've been instrumental in damaging the community you helped to build and you have no idea who to turn to for help. I'd be pretty scared.

Someone of a more mean spirited nature might call it child abuse but it would certainly be no less than hateful bullying.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
After watching that interview, it would seem that if Zhou were to release a video of himself in a conversation with a 3rd party (Skype), we would be able to identify his voice easily.

I find it interesting how "financial loss prevention" was a perk to get people to sign up.  A "feature."

But where have I seen that hat before?

Activity: 868
Not only AurumXchange, Mtgox dont have a contact physical mail address in their site
or may be i missed to see it?

When you want to apply for AML Level 2 status, you can get their physical address easily on the website.

I had done it and got my account approved in about a week.

As per this post, AurumExchange HAS zhoutong address & they have enabled AML Level 2 status for zhoutong.
zhoutong is thief or fraud, so he may not/ can not/ will not/ do not go to police or law.
But why the hell AurumExchange not going to law or police?

What you have quoted doesn't indicate that AurumXchange has Zhoutong's physical address.  I also suspect that he meant to post that you could get Mt Gox's physical address when you apply for Level 2 status as he has asked AurumXchange for their address several times (which he wouldn't have needed to do if he already had it).

AurumXchange has posted that there is an AML investigation under way. I'm not sure why you believe that they are not involving the law. 
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
After watching that interview, it would seem that if Zhou were to release a video of himself in a conversation with a 3rd party (Skype), we would be able to identify his voice easily.

I find it interesting how "financial loss prevention" was a perk to get people to sign up.  A "feature."

But where have I seen that hat before?

legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
zhoutong may be thief or not, but those (AurumExchange) who fingered/accused zhoutong as thief, so far NOT done/doing anything legally & just watching how forum members get angry, shouting, scolding zhoutong.

The main issue is that this had been brought publicly on this very forum before by Zhou Tong himself, complaining his funds were stuck with AurumXchange.

In that kind of case, the only thing a company can do is to release a statement explaining what happened.

I hope calling some one thief publicly & doing nothing to prove that he is thief in legal way, is not applicable in any country.
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
zhoutong may be thief or not, but those (AurumExchange) who fingered/accused zhoutong as thief, so far NOT done/doing anything legally & just watching how forum members get angry, shouting, scolding zhoutong.

The main issue is that this had been brought publicly on this very forum before by Zhou Tong himself, complaining his funds were stuck with AurumXchange.

In that kind of case, the only thing a company can do is to release a statement explaining what happened.

Without blaming anyone, I would like to suggest a better way to handle similar situations in the future:

Release about half of the information to the suspect privately, and give him 12 hours to explain himself. This way you can use his explanation to check against the other half of the evidence, to determine whether it's a made up story or plausible truth.

After 12 hours, post the full evidence alongside with the explanation in public. It also protects privacy and encourages the community to act in a neutral manner.
vip
Activity: 608
Merit: 501
-

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Not only AurumXchange, Mtgox dont have a contact physical mail address in their site

When you want to apply for AML Level 2 status, you can get their physical address easily on the website.

As per this post, AurumExchange HAS zhoutong address & they have enabled AML Level 2 status for zhoutong.
zhoutong is thief or fraud, so he may not/ can not/ will not/ do not go to police or law.
They are holding zhoutong money against law.
& they are just adding fuel to fire & watching.

yes, my English is bad.

I have no problem of them holding a potential thief's (our) money until he can 100% prove the origin of the money and disclose his "friend". Just imagine the accusations hold true and we let the thief get away with our money because we are correct, law-abiding citizens. It is more than coincidental that similar amounts were traded RIGHT after this hack. I am not at all convinced of the shitty friend story. Noone with an inch of intellect left can believe that story where the audience just needs to "trust" in the good man Zhou and his friend. I wouldn't be shocked after all three hacks and that shady company change that Zhou Tong played a lot of people here. For real, this is the internet. He might just look more like a crook, too and not play all hurt and innocent. I don't buy the pity the kid story anymore! We were made to believe it is a little boy with integrity for the longest time and it might be hard for some to realize they were deceived so badly.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

They have his address , by which they gave him privileges to do business & not using that same address to send legal papers?

I see a similar pattern as btc-e did to supa.
Btc-e posted publicly that supa is a pedophile & asked forum users to FIND supa address, still they said that they have his ip tracked, address known .....& humiliated supa
& also in chat history posted by supa we all saw how much btc-e made supa to beg.

AurumExchange is the first to post publicly that zhoutong is thief/fraud/criminal.....
AurumExchange keep on saying that everything they do/did as per LAW ONLY.
How can they post something publicly with out knowing zhoutong as the real thief?
If they found out zhoutong as thief then why they are waiting to send legal papers to the address they HAVE?

I see a lot of cloudy things around AurumExchange.
They are telling as per law they do everything, still they are publicly showed zhoutong as thief with out going to police.
They so far didn't send any legal papers to zhoutong address they already have.
They are holding zhoutong money against law.
& they are just adding fuel to fire & watching.

yes, my English is bad.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

You're kidding! Right? But having definitive proof as to who truly is Zhou Tong is not relative to this thread, but discussing the meaning of the word "or" is. I've put in countless hours to help this community in this regard, among others, and am now kindly being asked to start a new thread on the subject because the proof does not merit any discussion on this thread.

Don't pay attention to them. Some of them trolls, the others r interested in Zhou Tong's puppeteer not being revealed.
Activity: 868
You're kidding! Right? But having definitive proof as to who truly is Zhou Tong is not relative to this thread, but discussing the meaning of the word "or" is. I've put in countless hours to help this community in this regard, among others, and am now kindly being asked to start a new thread on the subject because the proof does not merit any discussion on this thread.

I think it's more an issue of how many different threads it's spilling over into.  It would be better if it was contained in a single thread if only because it's much easier for people to follow your reasoning and keep track of the connections you've found if that information is all in one place.  If you believe that Zhou's identity is relevant to other topics, you can always place a link to your thread in those topics.  There doesn't need to be a "who is Zhou" derail in every single thread about Bitcoinica or multiple topics on the same theme (this is how critical information gets overlooked because people rarely read every post in every single thread about the one topic).

Starting a specific thread about the issue of Zhou's identity need only involve posting an OP summarising the conclusions you've reached and then copying and pasting the relevant posts which you believe support your conclusions.  Right now that information is scattered across multiple threads and you're asking others to connect the dots for themselves like it's some kind of whodunnit game.  Many people don't feel like playing such games so your research will have more credibility if you present your conclusions along with your reasoning in one place.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Rarity, augustocroppo and mlawrence please continue your debate elsewhere and quit clogging up this thread. I had to split the discussion between Matthew and Chaang-Noi here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/statement-about-the-suspect-of-recent-bitcoinica-hack-matthew-and-chaang-nois-debate-97141 and it's a PITA to do so.

Looks like you forgot one person. LOL
You got a point there. Bruno, please stop clogging up this thread, and make one of yours. And probably name it 'The Hunt for Zhou Tong - Uncovering the man behind Bitcoinica' or something like that.  Angry

The following quoted post, penned by greBit, does an excellent job of outlining, and connecting the dots, as to who Zhou Tong truly is. If this were the results of the mybitcoin.com investigation, I would have had daily BlowBobs from a many members here to last me a lifetime.

Please help me connect the dots illustrated by Bruno ...

Statement 1: Zhou Tong is `Dustin Curtis` owner of lifepath.me

Evidence:

That is correct! Kevin Lim owns isthereason.com. Kevin Lim is the same person that was selling lifepath.me on eBay at the time that Zhou Tong owned it. Zhou Tong even mentions lifepath.me on his Twitter account(s) prior to it being for sale on eBay. The email addresses even match up.

~Bruno~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lifepath-me-timeline-website-including-domain-name-code-and-designs-/140610305563#ht_3383wt_1165

Statement 2: Kevin Lim is `brainopera`
Evidence:

Now this: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!msg/hackerspacesg/FkuQ70ss2Z0/F_16htqyfDIJ

Singapore Bitcoins

Hi all,

I'm selling Bitcoins for cash on delivery. Please contact me directly
via email if you want to trade.

Prices and details here: https://sites.google.com/site/singaporebitcoins/

Thank you.

(To the mods: if ads like this aren't welcome on the mailing list, I
apologize. As Bitcoin is relevant to tech and startups, I hope that
this isn't considered spam.)

Scroll down a few posts and you see Kevin Lim's name.

https://sites.google.com/site/singaporebitcoins/

This service is currently on hiatus.

Contact us at [email protected]

~Bruno~

Statement 5: Zhou Tong is a bitcoin vendor in singapore called `sgitcoin`
Evidence:

His email address is [email protected] on www.sgitcoin.com

Hi everyone,

I'm offering GoxUSD funds or BTC for International Bank Wire/ WU/ Moneygram or local bank/ COD for people in Singapore. I will take a percentage as fee for withdrawals. This is a fast way for people looking to trade on Gox without waiting for their insane wire transfer times.

You can contact me via PM on the forums or drop me an email at [email protected]

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Statement 8: bitchen = Kevin Lim
Evidence:
From Statements  4 & 7
Activity: 532
Rarity, augustocroppo and mlawrence please continue your debate elsewhere and quit clogging up this thread. I had to split the discussion between Matthew and Chaang-Noi here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/statement-about-the-suspect-of-recent-bitcoinica-hack-matthew-and-chaang-nois-debate-97141 and it's a PITA to do so.

You got a point there. Bruno, please stop clogging up this thread, and make one of yours. And probably name it 'The Hunt for Zhou Tong - Uncovering the man behind Bitcoinica' or something like that.  Angry

So should the title of the thread be changed to: "Anything but possible suspects of the recent Bitcoinica hack"?
Activity: 661
Bruno has been thinking about filling Dog the Bounty Hunter's time spot on A&E.  I heard PhantomCircuit is brokering the deal.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break

legendary
I think that at this point we can safely move away from the idea that Zhou Tong is some 17-year-old kid. I believe that the only reason funds are trickling back is because Kevin Lim has a lot at stake, and it's his reputation that is at risk, not a made-up avatar named Zhou Tong.

Now, who is going to be the first to disprove that Zhou Tong = Kevin Lim?

~Bruno~

I and the user dishwara already figured this out at page 22 and 23, post #427 and #452.

You, the "we", are more than late.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1063040

There is a ghost writer following the instructions of another person which dictates every answer.

Once we get an consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong, we can move on to who's in cahoots with him.

~Bruno~

Now that we got those two to chill, John, perhaps we can see if there's a consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong.

~Bruno~

Wow, when did this happen?  What ethnicity is Lim?

German.
Activity: 532
I think that at this point we can safely move away from the idea that Zhou Tong is some 17-year-old kid. I believe that the only reason funds are trickling back is because Kevin Lim has a lot at stake, and it's his reputation that is at risk, not a made-up avatar named Zhou Tong.

~Bruno~

I and the user dishwara already figured this out at page 22 and 23, post #427 and #452.

There is a ghost writer following the instructions of another person which dictates every answer.

Once we get an consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong, we can move on to who's in cahoots with him.

~Bruno~

Now that we got those two to chill, John, perhaps we can see if there's a consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong.

~Bruno~

Wow, when did this happen?  What ethnicity is Lim?
legendary

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Pages:
Jump to: