Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 11. (Read 136139 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Evidence or no evidence, it shouldnt matter at all after reading the fact that he did business with a known criminal(Zhou even told us this).
What are your feelings on asking Kevin Mitnick for some advice on your company before going live?

At the same time his website: http://www.sgitcoin.com/ under Disclaimer proudly states they dont encourage criminal activity.
I've never seen a single shred of evidence that SGITCOIN.COM was involved in any illegal activity.

Why anyone still wants to believe anything comine from Zhou is remarkable.
I'm still not seeing any evidence, just lots of people butthurt at Bitcoinica LP who are looking for a scapegoat and using Zhou's eagerness for transparency against him. The most ridiculous party in all of this is AurumXChange who if it weren't for the fact that no one involved in bitcoinica wants an investigation, would be sued up the ass for the little stunt they pulled in that other thread.

1) Discussing an active investigation carries a sentence of up to 10 years

2) Holding funds for more than 7 days without an active investigation is also illegal

3) Publicly discussing the details of their customers is unlawful as a breach of their customer privacy agreement

Even one of the confirming parties told me that they had -no- clue Roberto was going to be posting this stuff publicly as they -know- that is unlawful and potentially illegal. The only reason AurumXchange isn't commenting is because they finally figured out how screwed they are.
Matthew, I don't say this very often, but I agree with your analysis completely. Don't let these guys suck you into the witch hunt.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Update on the Private Investigator

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at [email protected].  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
It should be trivial to get his address - he is (or should be) a student at Trinity College, Australia. Why do you need a PI for that?

+1, the self importance and agenda is strong with mlawrence

With all due respect toward mlawrence, I feel he's getting a tad aggressive in procuring funds to pay a PI to investigate if there's a Zhou Tong in Australia, in light of what has recently come to light.

Sending a PM to bitchen will be read, for I see he's still active on this forum. It would be interesting to read his "story".

Name:   bitchen
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   July 08, 2012, 08:24:55 AM
Last Active:   Today at 06:00:14 AM

In reference to this link: http://newnation.sg/2011/07/bitcoins-currency-for-the-drug-lords/#comment-301312742

Check this out: http://www.quora.com/Fang-Shihan/following

And this, to see who David Chua is following: http://www.quora.com/David-Chua/following
Fang Shihan and David Chua names are back-to-back, because that's the order in which he started following them, just like on Twitter.

~Bruno~
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Uhh, because there seems to be a lot of FUD continuously pushed by the lynch mob, here are the facts:

1) AurumXchange has never once contacted Zhou by any of his accessible emails with their contact information.

If so, it still doesn't matter because he has the contact info by now. But why is he still not supplying information about the source of his funds to them (I am not asking for the public)Huh?
If he told the truth about his friend's transaction he should have nothing to fear. Clarification in that point would clearly place the hack further apart from his person. His strong rejection to support this enquiry tells me that there must be something wrong! I do doubt he is doing his best!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Uhh, because there seems to be a lot of FUD continuously pushed by the lynch mob, here are the facts:

1) AurumXchange has never once contacted Zhou by any of his accessible emails with their contact information.

3) Zhou Tong had already known this Chen character previously and thus knew his phone number. The Chen guy used a stolen credit card and entered Zhou's throw-away as the order address, giving Zhou basically an invoice proving everything which was used to threaten Chen who had no clue anyone was paying attention to his fraud or theft.

4) Zhou Tong has never hidden anything and has all the right in the world to be uberly depressed at the lynch mob in this thread. He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.

Sorry wait, how are these established facts? Can you provide evidence that was not sourced from Zhou Tong himself?

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Evidence or no evidence, it shouldnt matter at all after reading the fact that he did business with a known criminal(Zhou even told us this).
What are your feelings on asking Kevin Mitnick for some advice on your company before going live?

At the same time his website: http://www.sgitcoin.com/ under Disclaimer proudly states they dont encourage criminal activity.
I've never seen a single shred of evidence that SGITCOIN.COM was involved in any illegal activity.

I'm still not seeing any evidence, just lots of people butthurt at Bitcoinica LP who are looking for a scapegoat and using Zhou's eagerness for transparency against him. The most ridiculous party in all of this is AurumXChange who if it weren't for the fact that no one involved in bitcoinica wants an investigation, would be sued up the ass for the little stunt they pulled in that other thread.

2) Holding funds for more than 7 days without an active investigation is also illegal

3) Publicly discussing the details of their customers is unlawful as a breach of their customer privacy agreement

Even one of the confirming parties told me that they had -no- clue Roberto was going to be posting this stuff publicly as they -know- that is unlawful and potentially illegal. The only reason AurumXchange isn't commenting is because they finally figured out how screwed they are.

Thats alot of text but unfortunately the world doesnt run by some dictatorship and your generalisation of the law is pretty iffy.

What is this fantasy company of mine that you refer to ?

sgitcoin.com belongs to Zhou and Zhou publicly stated that he dealt with a criminal business partner(the supposed hacker) , did you forget all of this or did you choose not to remember?

I dont care if sgitcoin.com is some magicaly puffcloud seperate company, it is run by the same person publicly stating he had no issue doing business with a criminal, do I really need to spell this out to you of all people ?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Why anyone still wants to believe anything coming from Zhou is remarkable.

Some people are paid to.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

He should really just rename himself as Contradic Tong.

Vod
legendary

FUD - you have no way of knowing that, or anything else you just wrote.  Are all your articles in your magazine this biased?

This is another stall tactic by someone Zhou had donated money to (i.e. on the payroll)

Investigation is still going forward, "lawyer" or not.
He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.
Should have been months ago.

5) He's 17 and put his faith in the loud mouthed adults who kept telling him they were in charge and who are legally responsible for Bitcoinica to actually do their job.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.
Should have been months ago.

2) AurumXchange publicly admitted to never having had frozen funds before, proved they don't care about their own privacy agreement with users, etc, and gives no reason for Zhou to work with them directly (not to mention they still haven't given him their contact information). It's better if the attorney works with them directly.

3) Zhou Tong had already known this Chen character previously and thus knew his phone number. The Chen guy used a stolen credit card and entered Zhou's throw-away as the order address, giving Zhou basically an invoice proving everything which was used to threaten Chen who had no clue anyone was paying attention to his fraud or theft.

4) Zhou Tong has never hidden anything and has all the right in the world to be uberly depressed at the lynch mob in this thread. He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Even though AurumXchange probably has no right to freeze those funds, I find this an acceptable measure.  A lot of money is missing, and the obvious evidence points toward Zhou. Just until it has been proven absolutely clear that he wasn't involved in the recent hacks in any way, keep holding the funds!

It is more than circumstantial that such amounts of money were traded the day on/after the hack, and if you haven't watched the new Batman film yet, we are not here to believe in coincidences anymore! Commissioner Gorden would agree that something smells more than fishy here. Zhou's attempt of sarcasm trying to ridicule the existence of alter-egos isn't convincing either. I don't even think he is someone else, but I do think that he is somehow connected (if not even involved) in the heist.

Here are my guesses: The moment I saw Zhou's announcement of change of ownership (deceitfully phrased by the way) on the Bitcoinica website in April, I had a hunch something bad might happen. But I thought I must be paranoid to think this. Nevertheless, I withdrew half of my bitcoins to reduce my risk (smart move, but not smart enough). So, I think Zhou is who he claims he is, but it doesn't make him innocent in the matter. Everyone involved in the company over the past year should be made liable. I don't care who stole the money, but I do blame all of them for not having returned it to me in full yet. Precisely because of my claim that accountability in this case does not end with the legal transfer of the company (esp since hack happened in the midst of it!) everyone involved is responsible to pay customers back, that includes the personal assets of Zhou Tong. If he traded for someone else, too bad for this person, he/she should have opened their own account, esp considering the huge theft that occured on the same day/ day before!!! Trades by Zhou Tong should be treated as trades of Zhou Tong, and they should be confiscated and paid back to the depositors (with or without authorities/legal action involved).

The fact of the matter is now: I was robbed and I want my money back: Zhou, Intersango boys, Aurum holding Zhou's cash: After Zhou's so called compensation fund I still am owed 44,21 Bitcoins payable to my Bitcoinica deposit address: 1ET2ps7BRrZnDeq7bVNc8bS9ZmgN8DxUXy. If I receive any amount, I will post here. And boys, please cut some of the shit.

donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
until now, I don't think there is any solid proof that ZT is the theft. We should be calm down, don't act like a mob.

Zhoutong is quite involved in the community, especially with the Chinese bitcoin network. He won't be able to and never tried to run away with all this.

Compared with genjix and other Intersango guys, ZT is far more responsive to all your challenge and doubts, some of the explanation has not very much solid evidence, but it has already shows to you that the announced "evidence" maybe not enough to prove the guilty of Zhoutong.

And what most important thing is that Zhoutong is the only one who tries his best to make bitcoinica users be refunded.  Compared to this, genjix's personal reputation is already ruined in my eye. He is irresponsible and a big coward.

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at [email protected].  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
It should be trivial to get his address - he is (or should be) a student at Trinity College, Australia. Why do you need a PI for that?

+1, the self importance and agenda is strong with mlawrence
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at [email protected].  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
Vod
legendary

Activity: 574
It would be nice if a forum admin could check what IP address bitchen has been connecting from.

Send them a PM.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1016
It would be nice if a forum admin could check what IP address bitchen has been connecting from.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I wish I have a girlfriend.

I'm sure Maria would go out with you.
Pages:
Jump to: