Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 5. (Read 136139 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
My guess is Rarity is always "happy", isn't that a by-product of Clarity?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I'll be setting up a different venue for this investigation, and the relevant parties will be notified by email.  To make Rarity happy, I won't post any more information here on this forum.   Smiley

Sorry I caused such a huge stir with my general comment about society.  I sincerely apologize to those I offended or annoyed.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
   Mr. Prosser said, "You were quite entitled to make any suggestions or protests at the appropriate time, you know."
   "Appropriate time?" hooted Arthur. "Appropriate time? The first I knew about it was when a workman arrived at my home yesterday. I asked him if he'd come to clean the windows and he said no, he'd come to demolish the house. He didn't tell me straight away of course. Oh no. First he wiped a couple of windows and charged me a fiver. Then he told me."
   "But Mr. Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."
   "Oh yes, well, as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."
   "But the plans were on display..."
   "On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."
   "That's the display department."
   "With a flashlight."
   "Ah, well, the lights had probably gone."
   "So had the stairs."
   "But look, you found the notice, didn't you?"
   "Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display on the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard.'"
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Our address is public information and has already been posted by a member on this thread.

It was only public information buried in some governmentcorporate website. I concur with some other comments, it seemed a bit unprofessional for you to tell zhou "have your lawyer contact[e-mail] us" instead of directly providing him your public address. That lack of presence only provides fuel for zhou's fire, as does this vague referral to "a member on this thread" ..

I had to go back some 10 pages to find it.. so I'll quote it again for other readers.

@Roberto: Please post your legitimate business registration/contact information in this thread for informational purposes so that Zhou's attorney can have it to address you officially and so that the community can also benefit from the knowledge that you are a rock in the community with a legitimate business interest and not just a personal vendetta.

While I don't necessarily agree with the wording, I think AurumXchange needs to publicly state their business registration information. You have referenced Dominican law but have not provided an address, Dominican or otherwise.

For prospective customers, please state your business address and registration information on this forum and on your website. With this information, you will inspire the confidence of more people who are just hearing of your business the first time. I ask you not to release your contact information for Zhou, but for prospective customers everywhere.

Answered my own question through some research

https://www.aurumxchange.com/content/AML

"Dominica law makes it illegal for AURUM CAPITAL HOLDINGS INC., its employees, agents, or customers to knowingly engage, or attempt to engage in a monetary transaction in criminally derived property"

and

http://www.icpcredit.com/Companies/Aurum_Capital_Holdings_Incorporated/398240.company

ID 398782
Company Aurum Capital Holdings Incorporated
Street 8 Copthall
PO Box 2342
Town Roseau
Country Dominica
Report Date 04 October 2011

Also
https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20298268-mt-gox-aurumxchange-partnership-european-transfers-now-available

"About AurumXchange

Aurum Capital Holdings, Inc. was founded on 2007 by a group of seasoned professionals in the technology and electronic payment industry. Since then, the company has been providing software and security services in the e-currency and electronic payment industry. In 2009, Aurum Capital Holdings decided to start an electronic currency business called The Aurum Exchange Company, quickly becoming one of the biggest and most trusted e-currency exchangers in the world. The AurumXchange company is a certified exchanger for GlobalDigitalPay, Solid Trust Pay, HD-Money, C-Gold, and it is also the official wholesaler for CosmicPay. We also work with Liberty Reserve and the company is currently undergoing the certification process to become a certified exchanger. The company is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Dominica, an offshore tax-free heaven with one of the strongest privacy and banking secrecy in the world"

---> http://188-165-140-240.ovh.net/
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
If we can show that sgitcoin.com and [email protected] belong to the same identity.

They certainly appear very similar, coincidence would be hard to argue

[..snip..]

Statement 7: bitchen is `[email protected]`

Hi everyone,

I'm offering GoxUSD funds or BTC for International Bank Wire/ WU/ Moneygram or local bank/ COD for people in Singapore. I will take a percentage as fee for withdrawals. This is a fast way for people looking to trade on Gox without waiting for their insane wire transfer times.

You can contact me via PM on the forums or drop me an email at [email protected]

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Statement 8: bitchen = Kevin Lim

sgitcoin == sgbitcoin. And don't forget that stevejobs807 = steve_bobs. given the date that steve_bobs appeared, it was very coincidental indeed. Another one is bitchen == Chen Jianhai. perhaps Chen Jianhai == Kevin Lim == Patrick Strateman?
He's not just stalking him, he is also referencing acts of violence.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1057307

You better get used to invasion Zhou, cause it's going to get a lot worse.

Where I come from we don't let people steal half a million dollars and get away with it.

That's all I'm going to say about that anymore, since I'm not going to incriminate myself further.

This is not okay.

Stealing $500,000 is not okay.  

People have been killed for a lot less - stop living in your imaginary pink unicorn world.

And now has referenced murdering Zhou.

And now so have you.

Actually no, that's kind of retarded.  Quoting someone discussing violence and admitting they are stalking someone and incriminating themselves is not the same as mentioning that it happened.  We have a separate thread for this now if you want to debate the mod decision that these threats were problematic:  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97365.40

It's a simple fact you did reference murder.

Facts can be misleading without proper context, but that's a game you started with your sentence, which only states "referencing murder", but implies condoning it. I don't see quotes of any threat or admission. Beaten at your own game, your next step is to attack ad hominem. My response was not retarded but a play on your own rhetoric.

As for actual threats, I haven't seen them here in this thread, and I can't approve of threats of violence, but if you want to keep this discussion out of here I advise to not report about it here either. Least of all in a flippant implying way provoking responses.

Once again, the moderators split off the discussion of the threats ML made and his admissions of incriminating himself and stalking ZT to another thread, please take your objections there along with any other explanations on how quoting threats is the same thing as making them:

Activity: 187

Where I come from we don't let people steal half a million dollars and get away with it.

That's all I'm going to say about that anymore, since I'm not going to incriminate myself further.

This is not okay.

People have been killed for a lot less - stop living in your imaginary pink unicorn world.

And now so have you.

Actually no, that's kind of retarded.  Quoting someone discussing violence and admitting they are stalking someone and incriminating themselves is not the same as mentioning that it happened.  We have a separate thread for this now if you want to debate the mod decision that these threats were problematic: 

It's a simple fact you did reference murder.

Facts can be misleading without proper context, but that's a game you started with your sentence, which only states "referencing murder", but implies condoning it. I don't see quotes of any threat or admission. Beaten at your own game, your next step is to attack ad hominem. My response was not retarded but a play on your own rhetoric.

As for actual threats, I haven't seen them here in this thread, and I can't approve of threats of violence, but if you want to keep this discussion out of here I advise to not report about it here either. Least of all in a flippant implying way provoking responses.
Who is "we"?

The moderators decided to split the discussion.

If you know there is the appropriate thread for such matter, why you insist to continue the debate here?

I am simply replying to direct individuals to the proper, moderator sanctioned venue to discuss their decision about the threats that were posted.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Actually no, that's kind of retarded.  Quoting someone discussing violence and admitting they are stalking someone and incriminating themselves is not the same as mentioning that it happened.  We have a separate thread for this now if you want to debate the mod decision that these threats were problematic:  

We?

Who is "we"?

If you know there is the appropriate thread for such matter, why you insist to continue the debate here?

This is not okay.

And now so have you.

Actually no, that's kind of retarded.  Quoting someone discussing violence and admitting they are stalking someone and incriminating themselves is not the same as mentioning that it happened.  We have a separate thread for this now if you want to debate the mod decision that these threats were problematic: 

Activity: 187

This is not okay.

And now so have you.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Well, first of all we can forget the alter-ego story. Tihan Seale has confirmed that Zhou indeed is who he says he is, and I see no reason why he should lie.

Does the community accept Tihan Seale as an upstanding member of the community? If so I guess we can accept that ZT is indeed who he says he is?

If the community does accept this, then do the people who believe ZT not to be who he says he is have anything to say to the matter?

Quote from: disclaimer201
I really think trading 40k the day after the hack is an absolute no-go and still highly suspicious.

Trading the day after the hack suggests that he either didn't know there was a hack or that he thought he couldn't be caught. One would be quite ignorant and the other would be quite arrogant.

I therefore understand why AurumXchange never gave him a warning ahead of time.

Not sure confronting the accused would be considered a warning but I have to agree the information they had seemed pretty damning. Again though, what happens if ZT can verify that the money came from his friend (e.g. police check bank records)? I'm just saying it's still a possibility and the existence of his friend will be very easy to verify now that AML regulations have kicked in.

If you have such a serious suspicion, you can't be asked to warn the top suspect.

Don't warn - simply call the police. That's what they're there for.

Zhou needs to explain to me and the people on this forum now why he would be crazy enough to trade on that specific day, what kind of money it was, and what relationship he holds with his friend.

Was the hack known about the day after? If not then that's why he traded the next day (i.e. didn't know about it). If he did know about the hack then he's far more stupid than we've been led to believe, especially if the amounts were known.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
As per the possible motivation behind certain individuals on this thread, please read this post carefully:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/payout-updates-bitcoinica-site-is-taken-offline-for-security-investigation-84042

Thank you
Roberto

Thank you for the thought felt post to Vladimir. Since he's unlikely to be able to reply as swiftly as myself, I've made a response that might answer your questions the best. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1074332

Vladimir may decide to response -also-.
Zhou Tong should probably go to the police at this point to ask for protection from the violent threats leveled against him by this individual.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1073135

Gosh! But has anyone actually made mention of a hitman?

You are obviously not paying attention to Rarity's comments.  Rarity can bring up the subject buy you cannot discuss it here.  Roll Eyes

I was only responding to ML bringing it up again, pointing out what the moderators have said on the matter. If you disagree with their view feel free to tell them in the thread I have linked.
Activity: 532
Zhou Tong should probably go to the police at this point to ask for protection from the violent threats leveled against him by this individual.

You are obviously not paying attention to Rarity's comments.  Rarity can bring up the subject buy you cannot discuss it here.  Roll Eyes

If the thread was that compelling as evidence, maybe it shouldn't have been moved to the trashcan. Having read most of it previously, I would hardly describe it as "violent threats"

There is another thread for you to debate the moderator decision to take ML at his word when he admitted he was stalking ZT and incriminating himself, so take it there:

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
If the thread was that compelling as evidence, maybe it shouldn't have been moved to the trashcan. Having read most of it previously, I would hardly describe it as "violent threats" or threats to "injure/kill". Pointing out that criminals sometimes run afoul of their own devices and get hurt or disappear is nothing more than talking about the headlines on the evening news. If there was a legitimate reason for that user to be censured, I sure the appropriate actions would have been taken by Board leadership, especially given that they have a predilection to support "Zhou Tong" and excuse his actions. Said user is still here, and the thread has been removed, calling attention to it as a call to action is somewhat hollow.

I seriously doubt that "Zhou Tong" close personal confidante and buddy of Notorious Relic Dealer Chen, Criminal Mastermind, wants to have anything to do at all with the police in China. First off its a long trip from Australia back to China just to file a vague police report; second, that very same travel could be considered flight to avoid prosecution; third, he stands a pretty damn good shot at having Notorious Relic Dealer Chen really, really upset with him, and perhaps suffering an accident like falling down a flight of Relic stairs, thirty of forth times; and fourth, why would he give up dependable broadband as enjoyed in Australia for the controlled and limited access in China, when all of his other "business ventures" are outside of China?
As stated, no more statements will be release on this forum.

After releasing so much information at the start, is there a reason why you can no longer be so open?

Quote from: aurumxchange
As per the possible motivation behind certain individuals on this thread, please read this post carefully:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/payout-updates-bitcoinica-site-is-taken-offline-for-security-investigation-84042

I can think of two people you might have in mind when you make this comment. If one of them is who I think it is, I can understand why people might feel there's a conflict of interest but all I can see is they've made no plea other than wait till something conclusive comes in. If they were saying that ZT is absolutely not guilty then I could see your point but otherwise are you saying that the person is being reasonable and rational because sometime in the past he's received monies from ZT?
Without blaming anyone, I would like to suggest a better way to handle similar situations in the future:

Release about half of the information to the suspect privately, and give him 12 hours to explain himself. This way you can use his explanation to check against the other half of the evidence, to determine whether it's a made up story or plausible truth.

After 12 hours, post the full evidence alongside with the explanation in public. It also protects privacy and encourages the community to act in a neutral manner.

I never understood why you wanted to protect the privacy of a person you claim framed you for a $500,000 theft.  Do whatever you want Zhou, but I am posting right now to tell you this:

With the interest I have received, we should be hiring a PI early next week.  This PI will locate you in Australia and allow us to file an official theft complaint with the Australian police.

It will then be between you and the police to determine if "Chen" does indeed exist.  If he doesn't, YOU will be the one going to prison for several years.  If he does happen to exist, then you can be fully exonerated in the community, and we can turn our attention on him.  Be advised that the police are not going to accept your wish to keep his identity secret.

This one simple step is going to flush all the bullshit stories that have been floating around this forum.

Pages:
Jump to: