Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1609. (Read 3049505 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 24, 2013, 06:33:36 PM
yep, pictures were modified in Photoshop.

http://gbimg.org/8tJoO
http://gbimg.org/mEgoj

otherwise, I think that that just for resize/crop.)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 24, 2013, 06:27:48 PM
You guys are such noobs!  The pics they sent you are all shopped, i just went to Photo Forensics and LOOK!!11!
Analyzed:

See how the error diffusion doesn't jive?  And the exif data sez "Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows"  PROOF!!1!

Cool
Did you photoshop this photo yourself and then run it through Foto Forensics? That's random  Huh
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 24, 2013, 06:21:26 PM
Bitcoinorama, just ignore that guy (literally). There are enough people on the forums that appreciate your sharing of information and research. We are just usually less vocal as we've already made up our minds, placed our bets and waiting for the wheel to stop spinning. It's the ones who are still of two minds (or more) that are the loudest.
Looking forward to your future delivery review if you do fly over to Stockholm.
+1
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 24, 2013, 06:14:17 PM
You guys are such noobs!  The pics they sent you are all shopped, i just went to Photo Forensics and LOOK!!11!
Analyzed:

See how the error diffusion doesn't jive?  And the exif data sez "Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows"  PROOF!!1!

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 24, 2013, 06:14:09 PM
Bitcoinorama, just ignore that guy (literally). There are enough people on the forums that appreciate your sharing of information and research. We are just usually less vocal as we've already made up our minds, placed our bets and waiting for the wheel to stop spinning. It's the ones who are still of two minds (or more) that are the loudest.
Looking forward to your future delivery review if you do fly over to Stockholm.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 24, 2013, 06:13:57 PM
You got straight answers from me. I've never lied to anyone on this forum.
Ha. See? You *do* know exactly why I dislike you.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 24, 2013, 06:05:05 PM
Then of course, there's the underfloor wiring, and server configuration to have taken place on site, plus the pool site creation and entire product creation off site. Pretty smart bunch of ditch diggers to be fair, especially to have coerced their customer service reps to be first hand familiar with the products they are supporting, when a) no one else offers customer support, and b) ever spoken to a customer service operator that actually knows their product inside out through it's own creation and assembly?
And their main PR shill knows everything he knows from 850 hours trolling on an internet forum. Nothing like 'real world' experience  Cheesy Cheesy Maybe it's time you got some blisters on your hands princess?

Seriously, why are you such a cock? What turned you from being someone that approached me via private messaging with sincere questions, if they ever really were sincere, into someone full of spite?

You got straight answers from me, as have anyone that's contacted me. Your questions weren't even related to this thread. I've never lied to anyone on this forum. You're the one trolling.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 24, 2013, 05:53:58 PM
Then of course, there's the underfloor wiring, and server configuration to have taken place on site, plus the pool site creation and entire product creation off site. Pretty smart bunch of ditch diggers to be fair, especially to have coerced their customer service reps to be first hand familiar with the products they are supporting, when a) no one else offers customer support, and b) ever spoken to a customer service operator that actually knows their product inside out through it's own creation and assembly?
And their main PR shill knows everything he knows from 850 hours trolling on an internet forum. Nothing like 'real world' experience  Cheesy Cheesy Maybe it's time you got some blisters on your hands princess?
September 24, 2013, 05:33:18 PM
There are obviously a bunch of people on here that have never been especially creative. ...

Lolz.  Putting up racks = height of creativity.  For ditch diggers Cheesy

September 24, 2013, 05:08:21 PM
Lolz.  Putting up racks = height of creativity.  For ditch diggers Cheesy
September 24, 2013, 05:05:26 PM
Man, I can't wait to see security at Stockholm airport when dozens of casually dressed men turn up with a non-descript piece of electronic equipment in a box they *insist* on taking on-board as hand luggage  Cheesy

lol... They might deny their boarding or worst case confiscate the said equipment for verification.
Hopefully some of the guys will remember to bring an alarm clock (need to wake up early to collect that miner), a 9v battery (might come in handy) and definitely a few spare cables with the wires bared. Should be no problem strolling through customs...
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 24, 2013, 05:03:56 PM
There are obviously a bunch of people on here that have never been especially creative. ...

Lolz.  Putting up racks = height of creativity.  For ditch diggers Cheesy

Hi, Bob!
    Hi there!
How are you?
    I'm FINE, thank you.
What 'cha gonna do today?
   I'm gonna be mean to EVERYONE!
Oh! But not to me! I'm your friend!
    No.  You're wrong! I don't HAVE any friends!
Well...  Then I've gotta leave.
    Wait! Come BACK HERE! I'm gonna put your EYE out!
No, please! Not my eye!
    Come 'er! I'm gonna knee you in the GROIN!
Oh, no! That might hurt!
    I know it would. I'm a MEEEAAAAAAAN person!
    I don't like you! Fuckin' little shit!
--Killdozer
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 24, 2013, 05:01:46 PM
IMHO, KNC should be spending more time relaying progress reports from Orsoc, and less time getting blisters assembling a data center that they should have contracted out in the first place.  I feel like a mushroom.

good point..why IT architects/developers/engineers wasting their time/energy during night shifts with drill in hand and posting pics of their blisters/injuries is the great unknown and definitely not professional manner.)

There are obviously a bunch of people on here that have never been especially creative.   They do it because it's FUN and it's a break from the normal routine.  It shows interest.  It shows creative energy.  One of my favorite things to do in the evenings after working a 10 hour day as a code jockey was hanging / taping / sanding sheetrock.   Because it's physical, it's a break from mental labor, and it's fun as hell to get down and get your hands dirty.

I'm glad that KNC just ignores the naysayers and losers here, and just DOES stuff.  If they listened to 1/2 the armchair jockeys on this forum - it's too hard, it'll take too long, you can't do it that way, it won't work, you shouldn't do this, you shouldn't do that - they wouldn't have even taped out yet.

So many whiney losers on here on here that think they know better than the boys that are actually getting the things done.  Never did, never tried, and never will have shit in their lives, because it's TOO HARD, it won't work, it'll take too long...   All your whining is doing is proving to everyone that you're LOSERS...

I think Loser are those who believes the fairy tales and eventually can't get their miners by Oct and can't make ROI.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
September 24, 2013, 04:43:42 PM
Man, I can't wait to see security at Stockholm airport when dozens of casually dressed men turn up with a non-descript piece of electronic equipment in a box they *insist* on taking on-board as hand luggage  Cheesy

lol... They might deny their boarding or worst case confiscate the said equipment for verification.
September 24, 2013, 04:34:32 PM
IMHO, KNC should be spending more time relaying progress reports from Orsoc, and less time getting blisters assembling a data center that they should have contracted out in the first place.  I feel like a mushroom.

good point..why IT architects/developers/engineers wasting their time/energy during night shifts with drill in hand and posting pics of their blisters/injuries is the great unknown and definitely not professional manner.)

Sorry, but what else should they be doing in their spare time? They promised hosting, so they built it themselves by hand with their customer service staff. The majority of ORSoC's engineers aren't there. Do you honestly expect Sam, Andreas, Marcus and Johan to leave the hosting to chance? Fact is they got it done, and proved it. What's more, by the looks of things they had fun. Sweat, injuries, and blisters are a sign of hard work, and prob a means of unwinding. You can't be academic or professional and be seen to enjoy yourself?! I used to do gymnastics whilst studying an engineering degree. Those blisters and wounds are nothing, you want to see how much skin a piece of dowling rod and leather pulls from your hand when combined with a pair of rings or a high bar. I used to look like a lepper, but it sure as hell let me release from the stress of studying and kept me super competitive. The chip delivery is out of their hands, and it looks like they are ready and focused for when the ASICs do arrive.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 24, 2013, 04:33:12 PM

There are obviously a bunch of people on here that have never been especially creative.   They do it because it's FUN and it's a break from the normal routine.  It shows interest.  It shows creative energy.  One of my favorite things to do in the evenings after working a 10 hour day as a code jockey was hanging / taping / sanding sheetrock.   Because it's physical, it's a break from mental labor, and it's fun as hell to get down and get your hands dirty.

I'm glad that KNC just ignores the naysayers and losers here, and just DOES stuff.  If they listened to 1/2 the armchair jockeys on this forum - it's too hard, it'll take too long, you can't do it that way, it won't work, you shouldn't do this, you shouldn't do that - they wouldn't have even taped out yet.

So many whiney losers on here on here that think they know better than the boys that are actually getting the things done.  Never did, never tried, and never will have shit in their lives, because it's TOO HARD, it won't work, it'll take too long...   All your whining is doing is proving to everyone that you're LOSERS...

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 24, 2013, 04:19:06 PM

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 24, 2013, 04:14:08 PM

They said, or rather Sam has said, can I make the weekend, this one?

A quick question: How do you plan on getting that miner back to the UK?
I'm asking because I've paid over 240USD for delivery and I'd rather get a ticket and bring them back myself, but I don't think they will survive in the checked in luggage and will not fit in the carry on luggage.

Lol when I first inquired months back, Sam said it would fit in hand luggage. that beast does not meet any hand luggage requirements I know of, but I reckon a clean swipe could take out one of Ryanair's boarding trolls. It may have to be checked in, in a bag with a lot of socks. This is another dilema. Train would take to long, but don't those now have elec outlets and free wifi??

Anyone know how X-rays affect SSD's? (assuming the OS will be written to SSD) since the thing will probably have to go through security's X-ray

Early in the BFL ASIC production threads there was speculation about what was causing the high error rate.  Heat causing wrong firing of FETs or impure silicone and heat causing misfiring of FETS was speculated.  Back in the late '70's I read somewhere about IC's failing in space due to radiation causing misfirings and that a special grade IC was then made for high radiation exposure.  If  the miner is scanned by a radiation emitting device it would probably not cause damage as the miner doesn't have power and disallowed states that may be created would likely be cleared later at boot.

If it's a carry on then an X ray I assume.  Baggage within the US sometimes is scanned with a device that bombards with neutrons, counting those in versus those out as explosives absorb neutrons, hence the advice not to put wool clothing in airline baggage as wool absorbs neutrons and gets slightly radioactive after passing thru.
September 24, 2013, 04:09:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 24, 2013, 04:08:09 PM
I've already paid 240USD for shipping, but I'm looking at ways to improve my ROI, so saving on delivery is one of them + maybe safer and quicker + I get to see Stockholm (again).

Is your $240 for both miners? or each? and how did you choose the express method?

My shipping to canada is $136.80 per miner and I never had an option to choose any method.  It just says UPS ZONE 7.

And as far as I know according to the UPS zone chart, UPS ZONE 7 = importing from the United States, so I don't know what that's about.

$120.40 per Miner and no options to select. Carl told me over the phone it is UPS Express Saver.
Seems a bit expensive for delivery to UK, when you pay $136 to get it to Canada.
I'm UPS Zone 3.

I use UPS all the time. $120.40 for UPS Express Saver from Sweden to UK for something of that weight is not expensive at all, in fact is pretty much OK.

Then the guy from Canada should thank KNC for offering such a discounted price on delivery Smiley

What could be a disguting surprise is the custom fees that may apply if it is concidered as import from USA !!

It could be worse than that. Look what happened to Bitcentury in Russia:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3220533
Jump to: