Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1800. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 11:35:19 PM
They will only refund via bank transfer.  Bitcoin refunds are not an option.
Or Paypal (Credit card) since I got my refund today. Haven't lost faith in KNC just I have one too many ASIC orders and don't think I should put too many eggs in the Bitcoin basket.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 21, 2013, 11:26:13 PM
They will only refund via bank transfer.  Bitcoin refunds are not an option.
Price of BTC goes up enough and you might lose more by cancelling an order than by following through with it. Plus tax consequences, as that might constitute 'sale' of bitcoin, thus taxes on gains. Luckily we're still in the black on profit.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
August 21, 2013, 11:20:42 PM
Just got my full Jupiter refund.  Took about a week or so?

I was so late in the game (October delivery) that I doubt my pullout will have any effect on the rest of your orders.  I'll keep my eyes on the difficulty over the next several weeks as October approaches and will consider re-investing in the future.  For now my August BitFury will suffice.

Did you pay bitcoin, cash, credit? If paid in bitcoin, did you receive a refund in bitcoin or cash? Did you get back as much bitcoin as you paid in despite exchange changes?

I paid with PayPal so no exchange needed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 11:20:03 PM

I hope they are NOT LATE for Chip Delivery. Now No News on Chips Progress. Why talk about the PCB when without the Asic Chips
nothing will work. Bitfury delay delivery to October.

By now end of August 2013 still No News on Chip Progress. Why? Critical is the Chip not the pcb board.
well they sure know how to tease us with every little update
14/8 = Case picture
21/8 = PCB
28/8 = Huh? (possibly chip)
1/9 = Here's your fully assembled miner at our hosting site, have fun mining with it Cheesy
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 21, 2013, 10:43:11 PM
That PCB looks nice and clean.

I don't have a KnC order, but it looks like a quality product.  Getting excited for you lucky guys with Sept/October deliveries.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
August 21, 2013, 10:35:20 PM

I was so late in the game (October delivery) that I doubt my pullout will have any effect on the rest of your orders.  I'll keep my eyes on the difficulty over the next several weeks as October approaches and will consider re-investing in the future.  For now my August BitFury will suffice.

Did you pay bitcoin, cash, credit? If paid in bitcoin, did you receive a refund in bitcoin or cash? Did you get back as much bitcoin as you paid in despite exchange changes?

They will only refund via bank transfer.  Bitcoin refunds are not an option.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 21, 2013, 10:16:41 PM
Considering October delivery, is it still worth it for me to place an order today for a Jupiter or Saturn? Will I at the very least see ROI?

Well if you got a Jupiter Oct 1 and you started mining right away ..(Roi 57 days)

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/b90f2d07ff

If you got it NOV 1 then you wont see ROI

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/8ab0181416

That's at the current bitstamp btc price approximately $112 not the goxed btc price. Of course its also guesstimating the difficulty climb.

Maybe someone else can chime in .. im a bit biased as i dont think its a good time to by a miner. I was once critical of KNC but not so much now.

They actually look good and as long as they can stick to the deadlines without hiccups they will have a good run at the asic space.

Activity: 532
August 21, 2013, 09:46:29 PM

I hope they are NOT LATE for Chip Delivery. Now No News on Chips Progress. Why talk about the PCB when without the Asic Chips

By now end of August 2013 still No News on Chip Progress. Why? Critical is the Chip not the pcb board.

Activity: 252
August 21, 2013, 09:29:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 1596
August 21, 2013, 09:13:04 PM
Considering October delivery, is it still worth it for me to place an order today for a Jupiter or Saturn? Will I at the very least see ROI?
KS
Activity: 448
August 21, 2013, 08:52:16 PM
Just how realistic is that seeing it's nearly september already?

I haven't canceled my order. Not sure how many of these have, but from forum comments it seems like few have asked for refunds.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-list-of-orders-october-delivery-249065

At this point, I'm going to stick with them through the end of Sept.

Now is probably not a good time for changing your mind, unless you want to invest in securities (which are probably even more risky).

IF KNCMINER delivers on time, even later in September, you WANT to be first in line, as the profits are at the beginning of the queue, not at the end, and, given the low price of the miners, that's when you'll make the best part of your ROI.

They're still a pretty big gamble, but the others are simply not shipping ATM. So it's like 50/50 vs 100% fail, unless you wait it out entirely.
KS
Activity: 448
August 21, 2013, 08:43:38 PM
If they ship last day of September then you will have it October and they will still be compliant on their promise.
Maybe Bitcoinorama then will use his precious CC for refund...but wait! Hmmmm...

I see no red flag Grin Grin Grin
eve
Activity: 210
August 21, 2013, 08:37:21 PM

Activity: 532
August 21, 2013, 08:29:46 PM
If they ship last day of September then you will have it October and they will still be compliant on their promise.
Maybe Bitcoinorama then will use his precious CC for refund...but wait! Hmmmm...

Well considering they booked with the fab, whenever that was, they would have been given an estimate of when to expect the chips, and then following such assured statement been at the mercy of the fab. KnC then plays a waiting game, whilst ensuring all else runs smoothly. Once they have the chips in hand they have to build a prototype, test, and then manufacture the products. All they've said is they are on track, so I'd imagine it means what they have said it to mean; September.

Just how unrealistic could that be? Klee what's the beef?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 21, 2013, 08:16:06 PM
I'm going to make love to it when i get it

Umm...have you seen the case?  In that case, realdoll[dot]com is a better investment and has rounded corners. Hashrate sorta sucks though.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
August 21, 2013, 08:10:04 PM
I'm going to make love to it when i get it
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 21, 2013, 08:08:17 PM

I haven't canceled my order. Not sure how many of these have, but from forum comments it seems like few have asked for refunds.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-list-of-orders-october-delivery-249065

At this point, I'm going to stick with them through the end of Sept.
legendary
Activity: 1498
August 21, 2013, 08:05:36 PM
Activity: 154
August 21, 2013, 08:01:59 PM
Jump to: