Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1798. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 22, 2013, 09:15:05 AM
Yes. 

20 Aug 2013

Hello Robert,

Yes, everything is on schedule, we are still on target to meet our expected delivery dates.
We already have CGMiner working and we will be contacting Kano shortly in regards to a development device.

Regards,
Liam

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Liam Vardy 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

Thank you Redacted!
Activity: 218
August 22, 2013, 09:01:32 AM
Yes. 

20 Aug 2013

Hello Robert,

Yes, everything is on schedule, we are still on target to meet our expected delivery dates.
We already have CGMiner working and we will be contacting Kano shortly in regards to a development device.

Regards,
Liam

Liam Vardy 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

Thx for sharing....
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 22, 2013, 08:59:25 AM
Yes. 

20 Aug 2013

Hello Robert,

Regards,
Liam

Liam Vardy 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Activity: 210
August 22, 2013, 08:51:36 AM
They contacted us to start with, as I said before, with plans and time lines.
None of their plans and time lines supplied to us have eventuated ... so far ...

Since they have the PCB's, now it is a matter of them slapping an FPGA on one of the boards and sending it over your way. Hope that happens very soon.
Can't happen until they ask one of us for an address Tongue

To be honest, them not contacting you is my biggest concern at this point about the company as a whole. I have a day 2 Jupiter and while they could have other means of mining in place, I am worried if they committed to you and have not done any follow up. Since they're responsive via phone, I'm going to call them and ask about this--but before I do, has anyone else?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 22, 2013, 07:54:26 AM
Yep still heard nothing from them.
So I guess main line cgminer support wont be happening ...

It would have been if at least they would have contacted you.
Pardon my ignorance and laziness to search but are kano and the other guy the only option for developing cgminer drivers? What about bfminer (if I recall the spelling correct)? Can't it be used instead? Not so efficient?

Well, if they took a commitment with Kano it would have been correct to tell him what they plans are in respect of HIS work.

Secondly, I do not think Luke-Jr has been contacted neither.
None of their plans and time lines supplied to us have eventuated ... so far ...

that's quite a red flag. anyhow thanks for sharing, is appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
August 22, 2013, 07:30:20 AM
This is needed  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
August 22, 2013, 07:29:37 AM
Considering October delivery, is it still worth it for me to place an order today for a Jupiter or Saturn? Will I at the very least see ROI?

Well if you got a Jupiter Oct 1 and you started mining right away ..(Roi 57 days)

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/b90f2d07ff

If you got it NOV 1 then you wont see ROI

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/8ab0181416

That's at the current bitstamp btc price approximately $112 not the goxed btc price. Of course its also guesstimating the difficulty climb.

Maybe someone else can chime in .. im a bit biased as i dont think its a good time to by a miner. I was once critical of KNC but not so much now.

They actually look good and as long as they can stick to the deadlines without hiccups they will have a good run at the asic space.

You are mistaking ROI and break-even (like most do in here).

ROI is the profit ("return") you get from an investment. You can have a low or a high ROI, but if you have a ROI you have reached break-even for sure.

Break-even means you recoup all your investment

Most of people in here uses ROI as a synonym for break even, which is nonsense.

I prefer using ROI over break even because it's easier to type and many people use it this way. I think the usage is also perfecty acceptable, because once you reach ROI it means you're making a profit. If there's no ROI, you are not making a profit on your investment and have not broken even. So although they're not synonymous, they can be used in a similar way to refer to the point at which you get your investment back.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 22, 2013, 07:20:35 AM

Since they have the PCB's, now it is a matter of them slapping an FPGA on one of the boards and sending it over your way. Hope that happens very soon.
Can't happen until they ask one of us for an address Tongue
Activity: 173
August 22, 2013, 07:14:57 AM

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 22, 2013, 07:10:28 AM
Yep still heard nothing from them.
So I guess main line cgminer support wont be happening ...

It would have been if at least they would have contacted you.
Pardon my ignorance and laziness to search but are kano and the other guy the only option for developing cgminer drivers? What about bfminer (if I recall the spelling correct)? Can't it be used instead? Not so efficient?

Well, if they took a commitment with Kano it would have been correct to tell him what they plans are in respect of HIS work.

Secondly, I do not think Luke-Jr has been contacted neither.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 22, 2013, 07:08:25 AM
I was given quite a specific estimated delivery date for the 1st shipment, so maybe he got it too Tongue
Really specific Roll Eyes

tomorrow after breakfast.
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
August 22, 2013, 07:07:08 AM
I was given quite a specific estimated delivery date for the 1st shipment, so maybe he got it too Tongue
Really specific Roll Eyes
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 22, 2013, 07:05:17 AM
delivery date. Grin

1st or 2nd half of month/s? That would be nice to know. Smiley

Activity: 228
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu
August 22, 2013, 07:00:33 AM
specific estimated delivery date

quite brilliant    Wink

cheers,
kev
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
August 22, 2013, 07:00:14 AM
delivery date. Grin

are you kidding me?
care to share?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 22, 2013, 06:59:01 AM

o rly?.) tell us.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 22, 2013, 06:54:57 AM
delivery date. Grin

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
August 22, 2013, 06:52:24 AM
delivery date. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 22, 2013, 06:47:20 AM
I just called KNC from USA and no answer....lunch time.....called again couple minutes later and got an answer....althought not what I wanted to hear...arrggghhhh

BUT on the other hand, they didn't try to get at my money like a potential scam most likely would have....so all in all postive.

hh, what you want to hear?.)
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
August 22, 2013, 06:45:48 AM
I just called KNC from USA and no answer....lunch time.....called again couple minutes later and got an answer....althought not what I wanted to hear...arrggghhhh

BUT on the other hand, they didn't try to get at my money like a potential scam most likely would have....so all in all postive.
Jump to: