Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1804. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
August 21, 2013, 12:12:46 PM
Good news, looks like quality all the way.
Activity: 532
August 21, 2013, 12:09:00 PM
Damn sexy.  That is quite a big package they have there. Grin

Activity: 686
August 21, 2013, 12:04:03 PM
as a shareholder of ADDICTION, i hope the current share price to be increase by 1.5x soon  Grin
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
August 21, 2013, 11:59:28 AM
Damn sexy.  That is quite a big package they have there. Grin
August 21, 2013, 11:57:18 AM
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Activity: 742
August 21, 2013, 11:46:16 AM
Excellent news!

Glad to see some upgrade wording there. Wonder if they mean they would reuse the boards for the second gen chips or if the consumer will be able to upgrade their machines with the new chips.

Will be checking every second now for a shipping date.  Grin

Activity: 686
August 21, 2013, 11:45:59 AM
SOON

August 21, 2013, 11:42:59 AM
Nice PCB, hopefully they can give us an estimated shipping date for the first units very soon. September is only 10 days away, knowing in which week the first units will ship by the first week of September would be a good sign.

Rampion, you're insatiable, but I like it! Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 21, 2013, 11:42:13 AM
Nice PCB, hopefully they can give us an estimated shipping date for the first units very soon. September is only 10 days away, knowing in which week the first units will ship by the first week of September would be a good sign.

Indeed, especially since there are only two shipment days in September, getting an idea of when each day would be by September would be nice!
Activity: 588
August 21, 2013, 11:41:47 AM
Let's see how much time until someone says "hey that connector can't handle alone 250 watts!!"
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
August 21, 2013, 11:40:05 AM
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 21, 2013, 11:39:40 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    YEAH!!!! hmm, an Altera chip.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Activity: 258
August 21, 2013, 11:36:42 AM
News. NEWS. NEEEWS! :-)

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-30

Today we have our PCB’s back from the assembly house. These boards will each contain one ASIC chip and be individually connected to the main controller board. The Chip in the picture below is an FPGA which we are using to emulate the full functionality of the boards.

The entire space you can see in the middle of the  DC/DC modules (GE Critical Power DC/DC CONVERTER 0.45-2V 40A SMD)  will be consumed by our ASIC. 

We would also like to share some facts about our boards with you.

The DC/DC modules we have on our boards are the largest and best quality available from GE Critical Power. Each capable of 40 amps making the max available 320 amps per ASIC
Our PCB laminat is not standard either. It has been given extra thick copper layers and multiple power and ground plains which enable it to more than handle our requirements.
We will be using these boards to fully validate the entire setup. They will consume the same power, make the same noise level, produce the same heat and run the same RTL code. The only difference will be related to hashing.
ASIC PCB Board
We would also like to take this opportunity to explain our design philosophy.

Our entire design strategy is based on time to market, We have as you can see over specified the PCB by quite some way, our ASIC will only consume an absolute maximum of 250 watts and we know the PCB can cope with 320  watts. This is the level of design margins we employ.

So you can use the following to see how safe our design is.

We have used a VERY large package for our die, not because our die is large, but to make sure we can handle the power and heat requirements.
We have used more DC/DC modules than strictly necessary
We have used the most pessimistic/conservative estimates in all of our simulations. Including but not limited to Yield, Performance, Power and Heat 
For example while testing each part of the chain. We have tested our onboard Linux device to make sure it can handle up to 1.2TH ( The controller board also has and expansion for additional linux devices for future upgrade/ second generation)

Thanks
KnCMiner Team
legendary
LIR DEV
August 21, 2013, 11:35:55 AM
Be aware.. There is a WinRar/BTC/firewall virus out there that will open dozens of instances of winrar & attempt to upload somewhere. It had every fan on my system cranking at full blast... and bogged the sys a bit. All back to norm now.
More details??
You will know by checking your task mgr, see if there are instances of winrar running you didn't initiate... And MSSE "Full scan" of C drive found it.
I'm pretty sure it came directly from a BTC related site. I rarely use this computer for anything else recent.
Activity: 462
August 21, 2013, 11:28:24 AM
Be aware.. There is a WinRar/BTC/firewall virus out there that will open dozens of instances of winrar & attempt to upload somewhere. It had every fan on my system cranking at full blast... and bogged the sys a bit. All back to norm now.

More details??
legendary
LIR DEV
August 21, 2013, 11:25:30 AM
Activity: 462
August 21, 2013, 11:24:41 AM
Just got my full Jupiter refund.  Took about a week or so?

I was so late in the game (October delivery) that I doubt my pullout will have any effect on the rest of your orders.  I'll keep my eyes on the difficulty over the next several weeks as October approaches and will consider re-investing in the future.  For now my August BitFury will suffice.

yep delivery date of miner is really critical and every day counts and cost BTC. according to this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgSa2BKZz0WudHVlQVc0NmNVaXJEUHdLS090dWptSEE#gid=9

is difference between 15/9 and 30/9 more then 33BTC for jupiter.(

From the beginning, my projection was we would get the first miners hashing during 87mil diff.   Might be off one cycle but still a shot to make it
Jump to: