Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1818. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 19, 2013, 09:34:36 AM
How exactly would treating you as a business customer void you from obtaining a refund, unless there are specific exclusion clauses in their T&Cs preventing you?
You do realise you are quoting UK specific laws to a forum with worldwide membership? (as you say this was taken from http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_problems_with_business_to_business_services_e/consumer_protection_for_businesses.htm)

Yes, yes I do, I've mentioned it many times, followed by encouraging you to follow through and do your own research.

KnC have not chosen to sell to businesses to defraud a forum and lull it's members into a false sense of security with any illusion of a promised refund. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the VAT complications pertaining to individual EU countries max allowance. Ask your CCard issuing bank if they have issues with you purchasing a product intent for business to business sale, and whether it negates any consumer protection they may have.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 19, 2013, 09:29:13 AM
The aesthetics of the case should be irrelevant, but the form factor is a bit odd.  Why not make the case a standard rack width, with room for a standard PS inside the case & provisions for rack ears?  The airflow to the PS could be kept separate with nothing more than an internal baffle, if that's an issue.  The case is just about the least rack-friendly design -- the ears would have to be a part of the wrap-around top cover.    If tax/customs are an issue, ship without PS.

OTOH it's silly to quibble about the case before there's anything to go inside Smiley  Has KNC published the board footprint yet (just basics like mounting hole layout/ASIC placement)?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 19, 2013, 09:29:08 AM
Did he say when they would have chips in hand?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 19, 2013, 09:28:23 AM
But he said there is absolutely no problem to change the fans if you want less noise or higher performance.
Did you ask if this would void their warranty? You can be pretty sure it does. So that is why I think it's up to them to provide the best components in the first place.

Also, they really need to post something on their website letting people know how long it will take them to accept a faulty miner for return, how long they will take to repair and return.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 19, 2013, 09:25:58 AM
Just got off the phone with Sam - it is a pleasure to talk to him and gives answers to all questions, so if you have any questions I suggest you call him Smiley

I asked him if you could install a water cooling kit and he said that these ASIC chips are bigger in size, thus the market solutions, which are for CPU cooling would probably not work.
Which made me wonder how they've used the Arctic A30 cooler, when it is for CPU die sizes too.
But he said there is absolutely no problem to change the fans if you want less noise or higher performance.

Also I wasn't sure how noisy the miners are, thinking they will produce more noise, compared to a GPU miner, but I was totally wrong - he said it would be much quieter and it makes sense as GPU fans are much smaller and spin much faster (4000rpms for example) So the bigger the fan the quieter it is Smiley
August 19, 2013, 09:25:26 AM
How exactly would treating you as a business customer void you from obtaining a refund, unless there are specific exclusion clauses in their T&Cs preventing you?
You do realise you are quoting UK specific laws to a forum with worldwide membership? (as you say this was taken from http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_problems_with_business_to_business_services_e/consumer_protection_for_businesses.htm)
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
August 19, 2013, 09:18:24 AM
I only troll scam ASIC companies. That's about it. My last few posts have all been serious and very realistic.

So please answer my questions if you're able to. I mean you demand such high end parts but don't know what you want?
August 19, 2013, 09:17:17 AM
1.2 The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

Why sell to hobbists/consumers, yet make the hobbists/consumers agree they are a business?

In the beginning they KnC had to apply to EVERY EU country for a business tax code, otherwise they were limited as to how much they could sell to each country (UK max would have been £70k inc. VAT).

This was laborious and ongoing as they opened for pre-orders.

Perhaps that was why? Certainly KnC are aiming for datacentre housing.

I thought it was because they dont want to do refunds, which make sence

No KS was spreading some FUD. Your assumption made sense to you as you took it upon yourself to take a strangers word as fact without researching further. How exactly would treating you as a business customer void you from obtaining a refund, unless there are specific exclusion clauses in their T&Cs preventing you?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
August 19, 2013, 09:15:38 AM
1.2 The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

Why sell to hobbists/consumers, yet make the hobbists/consumers agree they are a business?

In the beginning they KnC had to apply to EVERY EU country for a business tax code, otherwise they were limited as to how much they could sell to each country (UK max would have been £70k inc. VAT).

I thought it was because they dont want to do refunds, which make sence
August 19, 2013, 09:13:07 AM
You can expect whatever you want but they already said FROM THE START that would not care how it looks like as long as it is functional and hashing away.

I preorder with that in mind and so far from everything, I pretty expected how it would look like. Even the drawings/diagrams looked you what the case would look like. Do people here even know what they're getting themselves into???

Seriously I don't know what the fuck people are expecting here. You ordering a bitcoin prototype miner FFS not a Gucci designer Nvidia graphics card that needs shiny stickers on it.

You want aesthetics? Go order from Butterfly. I hear their designs are top-notch.

yes, nice. but we are not talking here about shiny stickers, but about grade of cooling + photo, which reveal us that PSU will be outside miner. both is unprofessional. so please try to stop this kind of bitching post and read couple of last posts in this thread again.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the grade of cooling. They said if anything it would be overkill. But upgrade it if you like and then close the box again afterward so no one can see or tell the difference.

Incidentally I hear Arctic have built a pretty successful business around reliable cooling products.
The realist
August 19, 2013, 09:12:55 AM
Seriously I don't know what the fuck people are expecting here. You ordering a bitcoin prototype miner FFS not a Gucci designer Nvidia graphics card that needs shiny stickers on it.
You are a real troll.

Cheapo cpu cooler fails, board fries. Takes one week to return to Sweden for repairs = major btc loses.

Use highest quality components, to make it less likely any components will fail = professional device.
And I should add - replace cheapo components with high end components = void 12 month warranty.

Again I will ask. What is "high end components"? Water-cooling? Water-cooling ain't exactly high-end. Any consumer nowadays can buy a water-cooling kit for their computer. So again, what is high end component to you? What's your expectation? Gold plated plugs/cabling?
August 19, 2013, 09:11:17 AM

Email and ask for clarification.
August 19, 2013, 09:11:02 AM
You are a real troll.

Cheapo cpu cooler fails, board fries. Takes one week to return to Sweden for repairs = major btc loses.

Use highest quality components, to make it less likely any components will fail = professional device.
And I should add - replace cheapo components with high end components = void 12 month knc warranty.
The realist
August 19, 2013, 09:10:03 AM
What is "highest quality components"? Please explain to me in detail.
The realist
August 19, 2013, 09:07:59 AM
Troll? I hardly troll around here. It's called being a realist.
August 19, 2013, 09:06:23 AM
You are a real troll.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
August 19, 2013, 09:05:51 AM
You can expect whatever you want but they already said FROM THE START that would not care how it looks like as long as it is functional and hashing away.

I preorder with that in mind and so far from everything, I pretty expected how it would look like. Even the drawings/diagrams looked you what the case would look like. Do people here even know what they're getting themselves into???

You want aesthetics? Go order from Butterfly. I hear their designs are top-notch.

yes, nice. but we are not talking here about shiny stickers, but about grade of cooling + photo, which reveal us that PSU will be outside miner. both is unprofessional. so please try to stop this kind of bitching post and read couple of last posts in this thread again.
The realist
August 19, 2013, 09:01:46 AM

--

"business use only" is to sidestep the law. People don't already know this??? Does no-one here do their research at all?

August 19, 2013, 08:54:45 AM

August 19, 2013, 08:46:25 AM
We all know there are no such thing as professional bitcoin miners. We all know that most are "hobbyists". Another name would be "consumers". We all know there are no limited companies who's sole function is bitcoin mining. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Seeing as no country has decided how to categories or tax it, there couldn't be.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/08/germany-recognizes-bitcoin-as-a-private-money-subject-to-capital-gains-tax/
The German's are always on the ball  Grin

EDIT: Seeing as MANY countries have not decided how to categories or tax it, there couldn't be.

Happy now?
Jump to: