Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1856. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 12, 2013, 03:07:31 PM
for what its worth I did not put in an order yet (still in the process of doing research and I did read all of 284 pages of this thread)
so far knc looks more legit than the others ie

hashfest (might be too late might be another BFL) who knows

cointerra might be a good option for stage two of the ASIC war (especially considering that if I order  knc today my unit might be delivered too late to make the risk worth while)

since there is no hard evidence of "we are on track" statement it is hard for me to pull a trigger now - makes more sense to sit this one out and see if knc delivers and maybe get Jupiter for 2K less in November or 1T/h cointerra rig if they come to fruition by then.

That's a perfectly sensible approach, and I'm also watching hashfast and cointerra both for a possible buy.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
August 12, 2013, 03:05:38 PM
i have some shares of knc jupiter but i am interested in ordering whole only for me.

just curiosity...

i dont wanna call and listen to words i would like to see the movie with production progress.

scammers use words, trusted use facts
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 12, 2013, 03:00:56 PM
for what its worth I did not put in an order yet (still in the process of doing research and I did read all of 284 pages of this thread)
so far knc looks more legit than the others ie

hashfest (might be too late might be another BFL) who knows

cointerra might be a good option for stage two of the ASIC war (especially considering that if I order  knc today my unit might be delivered too late to make the risk worth while)

since there is no hard evidence of "we are on track" statement it is hard for me to pull a trigger now - makes more sense to sit this one out and see if knc delivers and maybe get Jupiter for 2K less in November or 1T/h cointerra rig if they come to fruition by then.

cryptoshark
August 12, 2013, 02:56:28 PM
crying scam ?

just asking questions.

for me very strange for matured company is to

- introduce product (some sketches)
- grab money is short time
- make impression that if you dont invest now you will be screwed
- create double line of preorders (paid/not paid) and make second market of user accounts
- introduce lottery
- organize meeting showing nothing
- get more money by offering hosting
- introduce upgrade offer to grab little more
- create referall program to attract more customers
- introduce new pricing to hold competition sales

- month from deliver deadline show no evidence that product will be ready on time (no pictures of cases, working pcb, hashing chip etc)

August 12, 2013, 02:51:39 PM
And if you've got 100K on the line, like I do, you might try giving Sam a call weekly, like I do, to see where things are.  He LIKES to hear from customers.
Activity: 532
August 12, 2013, 02:45:09 PM

This is not being dismissive fanboys, this is following progress and knowing where they're at, unlike bbxx who hasn't read up in anything and like every two days when some other random pops into tell us nothing if relevance, display impatience, or prove how ill-informed they are. It's pointless whining here. Got something credible to ask, ask them. bbxx is just spreading FUD in the hope something sticks.

ok
only i would like to see is case picture, pcb photo, miner prototype...
BFL was better in communication, they showed their progress, ordered boxes etc

i am not josh clone. Smiley

Dude, that's cool Wink, but please just ask them, and do us all a favour in reporting back. There maybe a pleasant surprise, there may not, you actually may gee them up into springing some pics, at least you'll know where we are at from where we last were. But crying scam and expressing doubt openly because you won't email, doesn't help anyone...
cryptoshark
August 12, 2013, 02:42:19 PM

This is not being dismissive fanboys, this is following progress and knowing where they're at, unlike bbxx who hasn't read up in anything and like every two days when some other random pops into tell us nothing if relevance, display impatience, or prove how ill-informed they are. It's pointless whining here. Got something credible to ask, ask them. bbxx is just spreading FUD in the hope something sticks.

ok
only i would like to see is case picture, pcb photo, miner prototype...
BFL was better in communication, they showed their progress, ordered boxes etc

i am not josh clone. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2013, 02:41:08 PM
And I'll ask you point blank, exactly how many units do you have ordered?  If none, then just STFU, this doesn't concern you.  All you are trying to do is cause trouble.

That's rather ignorant.  If he's mining in any capacity he has a right to inquire about the status of the project, just like KNC has a right to ignore him (and everyone else) asking these questions.

Did you not do any research before making your purchase?  Are you not following any of the other projects to see how they are doing?  Part of making an educated decision is getting all the facts, and knowing what KNC's outlook is, is one of the fact I too would like to know.
cryptoshark
August 12, 2013, 02:38:03 PM
everything bbx said is a reputable concern. You dismissing him like fanboys sounds like another to be BFL. Yes we know they have partnered with OrSOC blah blah. End of the day he is right it's 2 weeks left until September. There is no video of a working unit or anything, besides we are on track and ahead of schedule.

If you ahead of schedule when do you expect to deliver in September? Most likely mid or end, but all they have done up to this point is give vague updates about development and progress.

And I'll ask you point blank, exactly how many units do you have ordered?  If none, then just STFU, this doesn't concern you.  All you are trying to do is cause trouble.

lol.
he doesnt have to have ordered miners from KNC to be interested in this.
maybe he wants buy some bitcoins, other miners, shares or anyhing.

wtf.
August 12, 2013, 02:37:32 PM
everything bbx said is a reputable concern. You dismissing him like fanboys sounds like another to be BFL. Yes we know they have partnered with OrSOC blah blah. End of the day he is right it's 2 weeks left until September. There is no video of a working unit or anything, besides we are on track and ahead of schedule.

If you ahead of schedule when do you expect to deliver in September? Most likely mid or end, but all they have done up to this point is give vague updates about development and progress.

No they haven't they have been specific that they are on time. It's in the hands of the fab currently, what more do you want them to do? Entertain you with idle chit chat until they have something tangible? Or lie and say they have to appease you?

August 12, 2013, 02:30:48 PM

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 12, 2013, 02:29:12 PM

Kuroth..  

"I wonder and hope they moved it up to this Friday as they are ahead of schedule and thus need the Info now instead of end of Aug.."    
It IS and has been this Friday since the announcement.

"thus need the Info now instead of end of Aug.."
HUH?   Explain that one.

More FUD.
This is getting ridiculous. Then a user "Agrees" with the bad info.... It's Infectious.
[/quote]

I call Bull Shit to you.. Show me where it has been officially this Friday since the announcement.Huh

You my friend are the one that is full of FUD and BS..  Go away

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 12, 2013, 02:28:25 PM

August 12, 2013, 02:14:00 PM
And I'll ask again.  Since you don't have a horse in this race, why are you demanding to know the condition of every foot of the racetrack?
August 12, 2013, 02:13:23 PM

bbxx..

2 weeks till Sept?
, ....not quite   19 Days from the West, 18 from the East         False comment #1

"instead they are asking for much more money"  
What?  Another False statement... They just stated that as soon as the October delivery slots are filled, the Price is going to DROP.   False comment # 2

More FUD.
This is getting ridiculous. Then a user "Agrees" with the bad info.... It's Infectious.

2 weeks, yes, 14 working days left so it its two weeks.
they are asking for more money: hosting, upgrades etc giving no evidence of anything
no info is bad info, getting more funds is bad sign. they should offer upgrades/hosting after they ship

How are they supposed to offer hosting for rigs that have shipped?
Are you too lazy to call Andreas?
Or are you just akin to twisting the facts to suiting your FUD?

they could take money after they have fully tested, working as intended miner
money for upgrades, hosting

calling Andreas is not the best idea, if every worried client should call to check factory progress, customer service would be blocked. Andreas also have more imporant things to do than answering calls.

They could post for example render of case, pcb board picture (like bitfury did)

It is not spreading FUD it is curiosity. They could post some info about production progress. Competition would not take advantage of this.

So you're worried about KnC having gone to all the trouble of winning over PayPal, designing and creating chips with a reputable design team whose 10 year of expertise in FPGA and ASIC design they are prepared to throw away by stealing everyone's chips and money once made? WTF?!
cryptoshark
August 12, 2013, 02:09:45 PM

bbxx..

2 weeks till Sept?
, ....not quite   19 Days from the West, 18 from the East         False comment #1

What?  Another False statement... They just stated that as soon as the October delivery slots are filled, the Price is going to DROP.   False comment # 2

More FUD.

they are asking for more money: hosting, upgrades etc giving no evidence of anything
no info is bad info, getting more funds is bad sign. they should offer upgrades/hosting after they ship

How are they supposed to offer hosting for rigs that have shipped?

they could take money after they have fully tested, working as intended miner
money for upgrades, hosting

calling Andreas is not the best idea, if every worried client should call to check factory progress, customer service would be blocked. Andreas also have more imporant things to do than answering calls.

They could post for example render of case, pcb board picture (like bitfury did)

It is not spreading FUD it is curiosity. They could post some info about production progress. Competition would not take advantage of this.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 12, 2013, 02:02:56 PM

bbxx..

2 weeks till Sept?

More FUD.

How are they supposed to offer hosting for rigs that have already shipped?
August 12, 2013, 01:59:19 PM
"We"?  And how many of their products do you have on order, exactly, as compared to, say, the 6 Jupiters I have ordered?

We -> community
i havent ordered any miner directly from them but i am interested in this venture too

Well they were in contact a week ago and there's not really much that matters till they get chips. I'm sure they'll keep us posted as to when that happens!

Maybe you need a hug? Wink

What do you want to see that's not competitor sensitive??
cryptoshark
August 12, 2013, 01:48:14 PM
"We"?  And how many of their products do you have on order, exactly, as compared to, say, the 6 Jupiters I have ordered?

We -> community
i havent ordered any miner directly from them but i am interested in this venture too
cryptoshark
August 12, 2013, 01:46:51 PM

bbxx..

2 weeks till Sept?

More FUD.

Jump to: