Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1860. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
August 11, 2013, 01:13:50 PM
I have a question is kncminer.com is trust comapany

I want to order something (2x Mercury) but I don't know or I can trust this guys .

do your friggin research.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 01:07:58 PM

I want to order something (2x Mercury) but I don't know or I can trust this guys .

It is cheaper to get 1 Saturn than having 2 Mercury.

If you really thinking about buying it. Check this out:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2903277

I should have a reseller ID next week.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 11, 2013, 01:07:02 PM

Flip a coin as that's as far as you are prepared to research.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
August 11, 2013, 01:05:03 PM
I have a question is kncminer.com a trust comapany

KS
Activity: 448
August 11, 2013, 12:57:59 PM
@Bitcoinorama: did you ever get in touch with a lawyer re the section 75 consumer/commercial application? That would be really useful for UK ppl. (It's good you have your CC rep phone call recorded, but it's not really conclusive/binding).

No, and why would a company representative in their own legal/fraud department telling me to go ahead with a sale to be delivered at a future point in time outside of Paypal's own 45day protection not be conclusive?

Even if section 75 doesn't apply, they have stated they will uphold my purchase protection, which is why I have stated call and check with your card issuing bank, as I had read somewhere that third party payment processors such as Paypal and Amazon negate the Section 75 cover.

This is not about PP, CC, KNCMINER.

I would like to know about the clause stipulating that you are buying the equipment as a business vs as a consumer, given you want to be protected under s75 while *knowingly* infringing on the T&C's.

So it's like this: are the T&C's superseded by s75 or not? (i.e. can you disregard the article stipulating the commercial use of the device?)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
August 11, 2013, 12:45:24 PM
@Bitcoinorama: did you ever get in touch with a lawyer re the section 75 consumer/commercial application? That would be really useful for UK ppl. (It's good you have your CC rep phone call recorded, but it's not really conclusive/binding).

No, and why would a company representative in their own legal/fraud department telling me to go ahead with a sale to be delivered at a future point in time outside of Paypal's own 45day protection not be conclusive?

Even if section 75 doesn't apply, they have stated they will uphold my purchase protection, which is why I have stated call and check with your card issuing bank, as I had read somewhere that third party payment processors such as Paypal and Amazon negate the Section 75 cover.

i'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here but when i made my Jupiter order back on 7/13 it was obviously via paypal b/c KNC doesn't allow direct cc payments.  i figure that they want to narrow the chargeback window from at least 60 days for cc's to 45 days for paypal.  smart, but a little tricky on KNC's part.  so i decided to call AMEX which is the cc linked to my paypal acct to see if their rules of a 60 day chargeback policy would override paypal's 45 day policy.  they said it would.  i made them specifically state that their policy supercedes that of paypal.  this is from their direct customer support dept and not the legal dept.  i called 2 separate times to get independent verification from 2 different support ppl within AMEX.  they confirmed each other.  the other thing to be aware of is that AMEX tends to be really good to their customers which may not apply to MC or Visa.

now, i truly don't know if i had 60 or 45 day protection when it comes down to it but in my mind i was working off the 60 day window in case something happened to KNC.  as you know, it never became an issue b/c as soon as i read about HashFast, i asked for a refund from KNC and it was delivered, np, which was about a week and a half ago.  to those guys who have been attacking me about this, you should realize that if i really wanted to be malicious to KNC i would've waited until right up to the day of my expected delivery in October to cx and thus maximize pain to KNC using their own refund policy against them.  not to mention use a $1M order, not a measly $21000 order.

anyways, the intent of this post is to add to what i know of the supposed interplay btwn paypal's policy and the stated AMEX policy, AMEX being the true payment method behind paypal in my case.
August 11, 2013, 12:15:26 PM

KS
August 11, 2013, 12:10:18 PM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 11, 2013, 12:08:29 PM
Apologies is this have been covered - if so, I've missed it. Has anyone asked if the software will be capable of supporting a primary and secondary pool? This is fairly standard functionality in cgminer and other products, so I'd imagine so, but still wise to ask.
KS
August 11, 2013, 12:07:12 PM
You guys have problems with quoting (quote one while replying to another).
Activity: 462
August 11, 2013, 10:11:20 AM
it's august and kncminer hasn't released single real photo of their miners?

Roll Eyes

lol when it is done they are shipping, not toying with it and taking pictures.    That has been their gameplan from the beginning, if you don't like it, why are you here?
August 11, 2013, 10:00:12 AM
Bollocks, perhaps you haven't been here from the start, but ALL the answers to his/her questions are easily accessible within the briefest of performing their own research on this forum or their website, all the team provide they provide their professional and verifiable LinkedIN's ffs. In the beginning, I'm not sure who, I think it was Phin Gage actually dug up Andreas or Sam's personal family holiday blog with pictures of where they had travelled with theor children months earlier. They've hidden nothing. I paid a visit, asked Q's mutaully agreed by the forum in thisthread and detailed their exact plan of action. No NDA, no refusal to answer anything, but opinions of competitors on record, as that's not the done thing. I'm optimistic, but I've never ever told anyone to do anything other than perform their own research and due diligence, why? Because it's common sense, and your mind to make.

I'm fed up of people jumping in the thread to derail with supposedly innocent, and either clearly poorly informed opinion, or more nefarious intentions, as it's clear within this thread, as others there have been agent provoceteurs inserted intent on spreading FUD to influence further ill-informed or those too lazy to research. I realise this is a global forum, and perhaps English is not the native tongue of many, but you can politely ask for help when required as opposed to jumping in and bashing a company, which in this case stems from not having even visiting their own website and clicking 'about us'.

One of the only people on bitcointalk.org that actual can be bothered to read a thread, do their own research, come to a logical and thought out conclusions, and then post for the rest of you so that you don't have to do the groundwork.

Instead you are so blinding enraged by the money and opportunity lost by previous ASIC companies that you automatically and systematically doubt any and all posts that might be beneficial to a future ASIC Company.

By the way, the word "Shill" is dead. When you use it to describe everything including taking a shit it becomes worthless.

That being said I'm about to drop a shill. Peace.

Thanks, but never instead, in addition to their own groundwork.

Fuhermore here is the same member admitting he bought without conducting any research and has been burnt, now instead of learning from his mistakes and performing the absolute basics of any reading to inform him/herself they have chosen to present themselves in this thread with an opinion based on performing no research.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2910110

Hasn't learnt from his/her mistake and is not willing to make the effort to rectify. Yes there are inherent risks with purchasing any ASIC hardware from any vendor right now, and it is up to you to inform yourself and take responsibility for your own actions if you want to participate in this race, which is what it is.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 11, 2013, 09:59:30 AM
it's august and kncminer hasn't released single real photo of their miners?

Roll Eyes
August 11, 2013, 09:40:09 AM
If we had photos now, they ought to be showing the fedex trucks in the background waiting to put the shown miners on the trucks to deliver to us, and even allowing they want to over-deliver that isn't scheduled to happen this month, right? So WTF is it you want photos of, exactly?

-MarkM-

wouldn't it be better if you had pictures of the miners and knowing the background kncminer and partners?

sounds like u are blindly defending

Yes. We did. Thanks. It was one of the first things we did when researching who they are and what their partners bring to the table. Please read something about them, and inform yourself, as opposed to jumping to conclusions, and making assumptions that confirm you yourself haven't looked into their backgrounds, or those of their partners, or read anything about this project...

You need to back of a little, you are really sounding like a shill.

Bollocks, perhaps you haven't been here from the start, but ALL the answers to his/her questions are easily accessible within the briefest of performing their own research on this forum or their website, all the team provide they provide their professional and verifiable LinkedIN's ffs. In the beginning, I'm not sure who, I think it was Phin Gage actually dug up Andreas or Sam's personal family holiday blog with pictures of where they had travelled with theor children months earlier. They've hidden nothing. I paid a visit, asked Q's mutaully agreed by the forum in thisthread and detailed their exact plan of action. No NDA, no refusal to answer anything, but opinions of competitors on record, as that's not the done thing. I'm optimistic, but I've never ever told anyone to do anything other than perform their own research and due diligence, why? Because it's common sense, and your mind to make.

I'm fed up of people jumping in the thread to derail with supposedly innocent, and either clearly poorly informed opinion, or more nefarious intentions, as it's clear within this thread, as others there have been agent provoceteurs inserted intent on spreading FUD to influence further ill-informed or those too lazy to research. I realise this is a global forum, and perhaps English is not the native tongue of many, but you can politely ask for help when required as opposed to jumping in and bashing a company, which in this case stems from not having even visiting their own website and clicking 'about us'.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 09:23:32 AM
question is, can they meet the production demand of so many buyers in ~ 2 mths?
No one knows that for sure at this point, not even Sam and KNC. Place your bets! If you had concrete info that guaranteed one or the other outcome, the rational thing to do would be to place a very large bet on that outcome and monetize your info.

If you're right you can make a nice chunk of change. Seems most people are skeptical, given what's happened with other ASIC companies (or perhaps just biased by past performance of other companies).

Personally I think XCrowd is a scam, Cointerra doesn't have their heart in it and is late to the game, and Terrahash got screwed over by Bitsyncom shipping super late. But of them, apart from KNC, Cointerra would be your best bet, but they aren't shipping until November at the earliest, so good luck! Meanwhile Avalon claims their Gen-2 chip released in October (lol). Possibly few will buy it however, we shall see.

I have yet to see any thing that makes me fear KNC won't live up to their delivery promise.

What about Bitfury? Hashfast?
Bitfury's already a sure thing, they are either already shipping or about to. Quantity is a question and you can't get them directly outside Russia so they're being resold for more than they really should be ($19,000 = lol). Seems like a great chip, though I'd rather have a multi-core approach like KNC. I think all future companies will (or should) go multi-core approach in a blade-friendly form-factor. We shall see.

Hashfast, haven't much looked into them. Seems similar to Bitfury. Might be a bit late to the party tho if KNC ships.
I have no BFs or KnCs but if I had to choose now I'd rather have expensive but real BF than late September KnC (at best).
As for HF they will be probably at least 1 month late compared to KnC but who knows, they may hide an ace in their sleeve..
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
August 11, 2013, 09:04:33 AM

Armchair shills and Bitcoin experts.

And which one of those are you? Grin
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 11, 2013, 08:59:22 AM
Lulz ... University degree is a problem?
I think someone just alienated a large % of bitcointalk Tongue

Yep, but the better part is watch the newbies trying to give lessons of "wallet id" for others.

It is also funny observe someone ask a simple question for evidence and receive insults in return.

Armchair shills and Bitcoin experts.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 11, 2013, 08:38:17 AM
Lulz ... University degree is a problem?
I think someone just alienated a large % of bitcointalk Tongue
RHA
Activity: 392
August 11, 2013, 08:23:03 AM
(...)

You need to back of a little, you are really sounding like a shill.

Even sounding like a shill (not for me though), Bitcoinorama is one of the most helpful people here.

Bitcoinorama, thank you for your enthusiasm.
And thank you for editing the quotes now. Wink
(Earlier I was fed up with lenghty unedited citations, especially when reading the thread on small screen of the smartphone. If one has no time or will for editing, it's better to use 'Reply' button rather than 'Quote'.)
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
August 11, 2013, 07:47:40 AM
Hi Jimmy3dita

I tried to do some research on you and get some understanding of your motervations ......but I was unsuccesful  .......So for the record ,  "Phoenix1969"   (who is a friend of mine 3 years now ) ,  (in business and social) like me , has purchased with KNC , he has done his due diligence ....but like most of us on this forum , we are wondering if anyone else knows anything else .......a form of risk management

As for reading   "what is the risk/awards dynamic of doing business" ..........who are you tell another person what to do in Business .........As a person who has been in business for himself since I was 19 ............nearly 30 years later ....Ive found most things written are a biased position of a specific person in a specific point of business situation ......so as statistic prove most  University trained people (who read) and dont experience .......most of these so called "Trained Professionals" ......never work or own their own business,  80 % work for other people . Meaning they have read from a "Book" and do what  their Boss tells them to do  ...........For the record Im not criticising  learning of reading ..........the very reason Im here reading this forum , proves I believe in learning ........... but mocking or criticising a person for making a phone call to check on and asking  questions to the business which  is building \producing  the product'  we just spent  nearly $20,000 on .................That criticism   is plain "stupid" .......as for the statement "Armchair Entrepreneurs" ..........."bugger off"...... you making assumptions from thin air ..............which makes you the idiot ....not Phoenix

For the record .......I was in a Joint call with KNC , with Phoenix ........... We rang a number ...........Andreas choose to answer and was quite happy to answer our questions , I spoke to Andreas,  direct about my investment ....and Im quite glad I did . Andreas stated as we finished the call , "Please call us anytime , we are happy to answer your questions " ........Phoenix shared some of that conversation with others here ......90% of the people here , replied with gratitude ..........are you declaring them  "Armchair Entrepreneurs" as well ................Maybe in Truth ..you are  "The Choosen One " ............."praise be  oh mighty Jimmy"...............Think before you pull the trigger
Jump to: