Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1858. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 11, 2013, 07:16:57 PM
my all-time favorite Swedish invention being the Imbert Gasifier. (making one) http://knowledgepublications.com/hydrogen/hydrogen_generator_gas_vol_3_4_detail.htm
some of my build pics (ones I could find straight away) http://imgur.com/a/cY9md
The plan is to get this running a genset to offset my .43 elec on the miners.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 11, 2013, 06:49:51 PM
I think the main thing many people are missing here is knc are doing things... SWEDISH STYLEEEEE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wu3Bps9ic&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL4B2CBC4A35E0E224
Bitcoin is served - bitches

You're right, it's been ages since an appearance of something relating to Swedish engineering, so;

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 11, 2013, 06:43:24 PM
I think the main thing many people are missing here is knc are doing things... SWEDISH STYLEEEEE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Wu3Bps9ic&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL4B2CBC4A35E0E224
Bitcoin is served - bitches
legendary
LIR DEV
August 11, 2013, 06:13:35 PM
Stunned here. Apology happily accepted. We all have our moments, I'm no angel myself.
I totally agree on avoiding the consumer perspective, because it has an expected ROI. As for everyone worrying about refunds, I pretty much don't worry about because that was part of the original risk; although I'm still comfy with my position. Smiley
Activity: 588
August 11, 2013, 05:43:06 PM
Hi Jimmy3dita

I tried to do some research on you and get some understanding of your motervations

Armchair detectives Grin

Dude, nothing personal with you or Phoenix, but it's clear that we have on one side true entrepreneurs, that have already evaluated (eventually taken like you) the risks of investing on the whole Bitcoin mining thing, opposed by guys trying the big catch, that simply risk to get screwed if their money-printing thingie isn't delivered in time. And I can see many of them around this forum (again, nothing personal).

I really appreciate the work of people like Bitcoinorama (and you when you managed to talk with Andreas) but the whole point is about business. It's clear (from the price tag) that Knc has pofessional products for business oriented mining.

I apologize for tagging the "exchange mining wallet" as bs (my fault, no drugs involved), but I hardly understand why so many pages are there with fuss about consumer laws, chargebacks and scam vs shill - when any other business out there is about investing money and getting only an hard lesson back if sometihing went wrong.

Imho we should stop watching Knc (and the whole Bitcoin thing) from a consumer perspective.
August 11, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
If KNC really had tapeout or a successful tapeout or had even a final design they would have posted pictures or more updates with specs of the chip ie. temps, speed, etc. This would boost sales as it would instill confidence in them meeting there timeline and they would not have to resort to marketing tactics like 5% discounts. They are most likely going to be late.

Strange, the latest that they told was that they are actually ahead of schedule.

Who am I going to believe? I'm so torn.....

Its ok Bar, I also have a KNC order and hope they will deliver on time but they would show proof if they did instead of words. Whats that old saying, A picture is worth a thousand words. Either way positivity is best but I am not getting my hopes up. BFL has scarred me too much. Bitfury is doing a great job though with proof of there timeline and prototype. I feel more secure that my BF rig will ship on time.
erk
Activity: 826
August 11, 2013, 05:17:00 PM
Development progress

While we wait for the chips to finish production, we have some news on the development progress, and it’s good news. We have been continuously testing our design to get the best out of the chips. We would like to say, that while the spec of Jupiter will remain a guaranteed minimum 400 GH/s we can confirm that we are expecting to be over that mark by a considerable margin.
Sounds promising.

November pricing

With difficulty increasing the way it is, we would like to give an indication of a November price drop. Currently all orders placed and paid for will ship in October, and yes, we still have space within October for more orders. However, as soon as this is no longer the case we will adjust our prices for November accordingly.

To give you an indication on the forthcoming price drop a Jupiter device will cost less than 5000 USD. More information will follow on this when October shipping becomes full.

Slightly confusing, what it sounds like is when all the first chip batch is sold out there will be a price reduction, which make sense as many of the upfront costs are non-recurring for the second batch.

August 11, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
If KNC really had tapeout or a successful tapeout or had even a final design they would have posted pictures or more updates with specs of the chip ie. temps, speed, etc. This would boost sales as it would instill confidence in them meeting there timeline and they would not have to resort to marketing tactics like 5% discounts. They are most likely going to be late.
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 04:55:01 PM
No dude, there's a troll attempting to insinuate that I've fraudulently misrepresented consumer payment protection, which I never have.
No, you want to (possibly, until verified by an ACTUAL lawyer) abuse consumer protection as stipulated by s75 by misrepresenting yourself as a business (according to the T&C you accept by purchasing from the seller) vis-à-vis the seller (here, KNCMINER).

His next attack is that I've fraudulently misrepresented a UK consumer protection law, section 75 as being universally applicable to all countries, which I never have.
No, I'm saying your argument that even if you agree to the T&C and pose as a business, you are still protected as a consumer (under s75 in the UK) does not work in other countries and thus I doubt it also works in the UK and so you should have that double checked by a real lawyer (and not a CC phone operator who will probably have left that job 3 months from now, as these jobs have a high turnover)

His final attack is to suggest KnC are fraudulently trying to deceive us all by changing our purchase to that of a business expense over a consumer one (...)
No, this is not fraudulent, just scammy (they're simply trying to avoid consumer laws and other CE certifications while knowingly sellingto consumers).

(...) and that I'm too dumb to appreciate a difference (...)
No, well... yes.

(...) and require a lawyer (...)
Yes

to Google the damn answer for me.
No, you yourself have done enough damage as is by abusing Google in a clueless fashion. Lawyers don't Google answers, they use the code books and search for precedents/cases at the tribunal (Google does not have access to this data).

Oh wait there is one other layer, that clarification on consumer rights and statutory rights when applied to a business sale is not sufficient when published on an official UK Government website.
No, it's not sufficient, ESPECIALLY when those are DRAFT documents. Do you even know the difference between a draft and an actual law?

If you think that's a waste of time, I certainly hope you have conducted your own research applicable to where you live, because I'm only responsible for undertaking due diligence that applies to me, as you are to you.
Finally something sensible.

Rest assured KS really cares for you (...)
Weird as that might seem to you, I actually do.

(...) seeing as he's trolled this thread from it's near conception(...)
I'm mainly trolling you, since your brain's just shut down when it comes to KNCMINER.

and hasn't purchased a thing,
Yes, that's because I think they are a scammy/greedy bunch. Their M.O. is obvious to me, not to you apparently. That doesn't mean they won't be a success (hell, they already are). I choose to support a different kind of individuals.

yet has forgone all his own pearls of wisdom when purchasing elsewhere in this very forum (...)
Again, you're talking out of your backside. I chose to support a grassroots industry because Bitcoin needs diversification and not everyone can afford to spend 2000 USD on a miner, let alone 7000. (not even you can, from what I gather)

(...) and may well get burnt unless bulk chips are sent pronto.
Yes, this is correct. That's why I used "play/investment" money. It looked like a decent bet at the time, but don't worry for me, I think it'll be a wash.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 11, 2013, 04:51:32 PM
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Makes sense to watch your pool account for a little spike! Good thinking Mate!
Activity: 462
August 11, 2013, 04:43:24 PM

Is it worth even a day delay for you to get a box from Sweden to have it all set up for you? Versus them just boxing it and you doing it?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of KNCs orders are from people who got caught up in the April/May craze and are now way out of their element chasing the so called "free money".  In which case, hosting and pre-configured units would be a god-send.

remember as soon as they pre-config and test your miner it goes to your account..  so everyone will get a brief 'hosting' before they ship it out

not sure how long they will let each miner 'bake' but they will let us know when they get to that part.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 11, 2013, 04:40:55 PM

Is it worth even a day delay for you to get a box from Sweden to have it all set up for you? Versus them just boxing it and you doing it?

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of KNCs orders are from people who got caught up in the April/May craze and are now way out of their element chasing the so called "free money".  In which case, hosting and pre-configured units would be a god-send.

1.  If the miners are tested/burnt in before shipping, the overhead of setup/plugin you're describing is already covered.
2.  You're assuming one guy doing everything -- not how companies are run.
3.  If the miner is being hosted, there's no question of an "extra day of setup etc." -- you save the entire shipping time & cost.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
August 11, 2013, 04:37:28 PM
Can anyone tell me a simple way to figure out how many pages of posts deleting just TWO people from this entire thread would eliminate?   There are 232 pages now and predominately it seems to be two people but I would love to know just how much of the 232 pages they are actually responsible for.    If there was some simple tool to do that, I would like to use it on some other threads too.

Well we all know you are at least responsible for one useless posts (Two if you count forcing me to post this because of your worthless post)

I'll add a third.  This forum could use separate sub forums for each ASIC company (KNC, CoinTerra, etc).  This thread has about 5 or more topics brought up just making the whole thing a mess except for those of us following since the beginning.  I don't understand all these pious remarks towards new members looking for information - I can't blame them not wanting to wade through page after page of trivial posts offering little info -we've brought this on ourselves.
legendary
Activity: 1512
August 11, 2013, 04:31:43 PM

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 11, 2013, 04:26:46 PM
I hope this is a post to ask a question that might be overlooked.

My order is 4xxx so I'm assuming 4k plus orders.
Now, since I did that they offered 2 things. Hosting and pre-config.

People who think their rigs are better off hosted because they will be online instantly...I think are dreaming.
Assuming 10% of sales hosted (no idea of true numbers so that's a guess)...when all those rigs arrive to be unboxed and plugged in etc...that's a hugely time consuming job.
400 rigs, all from box to the correct place, plugged in, configured, checked. Imagine you got that job...what would you say when they asked when it would be done?
Now, add the fact that ALL rigs can be configured before delivery. That's 4000 plus rigs. each requiring someone to find the correct (and very important details), find the rig, set it up, check it....then box it and send it.

On the other hand. They could make the rigs, pack them..send them out. Each of us spend an hour setting our own up DAYS before they would ever have reached us given the scenario above.

Hosting...you've either chosen it or not. You may have reasons.
Pre-config, convenient, but if we all go that way we're going to be waiting weeks longer to earn anything from the rigs at the time they most need to be hashing.

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 11, 2013, 04:13:32 PM
I have a question is kncminer.com is trust comapany

I want to order something (2x Mercury) but I don't know or I can trust this guys .

It is cheaper to get 1 Saturn than having 2 Mercury.

If you really thinking about buying it. Check this out:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2903277

I should have a reseller ID next week.

Please do not link spam this thread with your future affiliate crap, the guy needs guidance on bothering to undertake his own research, if he just listens to you on saving a few quid, and granting you commission, he'll blame you, KnC and everyone but himself if he feels hard done by at anypoint.

$4000 is a lot of money and only what i need to know is can I trust kncminer.com

I found on internet that their send the miner in septermeber but on kncminer website  I see october

I have sent a mail to him but I hear nothing ,i want to know when can I expect the miner.

You're right. It's a lot of money.
If you order a machine now it might be delivered in November ..early or late, no-one knows....but you should use a worst situation.
IF that happens, you'll probably break even. It will probably just manage to get your money back.

Now the question you need to ask is this.
I can spend my money now on bitcoins. I can buy a rig that may or may not get me that same amount of coins, and maybe a few more.
You can have bitcoins for certain. You can spend the same money and not be sure of anything, and not get very good odds for your gamble.

NEVER ask other people how to spend what you earned, never spend without research unless it's something that's going to keep you smiling all night and the next morning when you realise what you did. People are selfish and memories are priceless. Wink
August 11, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

If you think that's a waste of time, I certainly hope you have conducted your own research applicable to where you live, because I'm only responsible for undertaking due diligence that applies to me, as you are to you.

Rest assured KS really cares for you seeing as he's trolled this thread from it's near conception and hasn't purchased a thing, yet has forgone all his own pearls of wisdom when purchasing elsewhere in this very forum.

I wasn't attacking you,  just saying this thread has gone to hell and it doesn't really matter to anyone who placed orders.    KS has trolled forever and you can see me rejecting to feed him in the past..  he is getting fed nicely by you. Just hit ignore

Activity: 532
August 11, 2013, 03:18:35 PM
it doesn't matter if this thread is trash now..  all bets are placed and KNC have been pretty clear on updates.  

They struggle with English but unless you are an anal asshole you can easily figure out what they mean

buy your upgrades before Friday, and send them your pool/worker info.  If you have questions just send that too them too

but NOOO..  let's go back and forth crying about tape-out pictures and re-quoting half the thread on each post..  assclowns all around

No dude, there's a troll attempting to insinuate that I've fraudulently misrepresented consumer payment protection, which I never have. His next attack is that I've fraudulently misrepresented a UK consumer protection law, section 75 as being universally applicable to all countries, which I never have. His final attack is to suggest KnC are fraudulently trying to deceive us all by changing our purchase to that of a business expense over a consumer one and that I'm too dumb to appreciate a difference and require a lawyer to Google the damn answer for me. Oh wait there is one other layer, that clarification on consumer rights and statutory rights when applied to a business sale is not sufficient when published on an official UK Government website.

Rest assured KS really cares for you seeing as he's trolled this thread from it's near conception and hasn't purchased a thing, yet has forgone all his own pearls of wisdom when purchasing elsewhere in this very forum and may well get burnt unless bulk chips are sent pronto.
August 11, 2013, 03:05:00 PM
it doesn't matter if this thread is trash now..  all bets are placed and KNC have been pretty clear on updates.  

They struggle with English but unless you are an anal asshole you can easily figure out what they mean

buy your upgrades before Friday, and send them your pool/worker info.  If you have questions just send that too them too

but NOOO..  let's go back and forth crying about tape-out pictures and re-quoting half the thread on each post..  assclowns all around
KS
Activity: 448
August 11, 2013, 03:03:12 PM

My god you're an idiot.

You link to B2B info and Gov *drafts* and other assessments for consumers. Those are not laws, you doofus, and the B2B link is irrelevant. Which just goes to show you're generally talking out of your backside.

I'm raising a *specific* issue and you reply with *generic* drivel, why you've spent a whole lot of 30secs googling! How terribly responsible of you!

Thank you for putting me on ignore, I hope that'll spare me your useless "wall'o words" replies. FFS.

You're the idiot, the answer was very specific with links to provide a source to the following;

How do you know if the contract takes away your statutory rights?

If the person who sold you the goods or services has taken away your statutory rights, there should be something in your contract about this. For example, it might say  the seller isn't responsible for goods that are unsatisfactory, don't match their description or aren't fit for purpose. Or it might say that the seller isn't responsible for any loss you've suffered because of their lack of care or skill. This type of content in a contract is called an exclusion clause.

BTW Section 75 was initially raised prior to business to business sales being a term of KnC's, but as you can see such protection does indeed cover unless there are exclusion clauses in their contract. I don't know how much more specific I can be, I've literally spelt it out for you. At no point have I said section 75 has any purpose outside if the UK, I've always stated it was a UK rule. I haven't a scooby why you've brought Belgium into this other than you make assumptions without reading.

This still doesn't address why I'm explaining this to someone with no interest in purchasing from KnC, let alone someone with enough consumer problems of their own with missing Avalon chips and funds you spent with a non-secure payment method?!

What really perplexes me though is why someone who cares so much about consumer protection and buyer recourse, especially for us (thanks bro Roll Eyes), is totally content with f**king coupons!?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2911391

Go away KS.

P.s. the draft is a revision of an ACT that's existed since 1975, the revision is mainly clarification purposes and for virtual goods since the advent of the Internet.

Again you're besides the point.

Re-read my post.

(and/or put me back on ignore for good, not just for another 30secs)
(are you delusional/narcissitic by any chance?)
Jump to: