Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1862. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 11, 2013, 12:18:47 AM
Pictures can be deceiving...

it's august and kncminer hasn't released single real photo of their miners?

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
August 11, 2013, 12:16:32 AM
If we had photos now, they ought to be showing the fedex trucks in the background waiting to put the shown miners on the trucks to deliver to us, and even allowing they want to over-deliver that isn't scheduled to happen this month, right? So WTF is it you want photos of, exactly?

-MarkM-
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 11, 2013, 12:14:20 AM

BFL buyers had pretty photos to look at for a year ...very impressive they were, and more than a little frustrating. Can't mine with photos. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
August 11, 2013, 12:12:02 AM
So you want a photo of a box of fans?

What use is that, compared to whatever they might be able to show once they actually have chips to put in a box?

-MarkM-
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 12:10:02 AM

Yes it's August, another month and you STILL clearly haven't conducted any research, read up about the company, or their gameplan.

Ignorance is meant to be bliss, yet here you are stressing without any idea of what is going on through personal choice.

yeah we all know they work with companies etc,

i'll be happy to get 1 saturn or jupiter (pre order) if they have some pics

bitfury has some pics at least.

bfl sounded rather legit too when they first came out right?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 11, 2013, 12:09:53 AM
I wonder if it is worth upgrading Saturn to Jupiter with order near 2600 (paid immediately), vs waiting for the price drop for November delivery.

Only you know that, if you can afford it I mean.
Run a calculator over both options...should tell you something even if it's not writ in stone.

Personally I'd get as much hashing power as I could as early as possible...it's looking a bit grim for end of year deliveries now...or I'd wait for March.
Don't forget Nov price cut might not mean Nov delivery, and we don't know what they are gonna offer in March with the next gen rigs.

Mine bitcoins they said, make you rich they said, it's easy they said.  Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 11, 2013, 12:06:46 AM

Yes it's August, another month and you STILL clearly haven't conducted any research, read up about the company, or their gameplan.

Ignorance is meant to be bliss, yet here you are stressing without any idea of what is going on through personal choice.
Activity: 294
August 11, 2013, 12:02:30 AM
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
August 10, 2013, 09:49:54 PM
I wonder if it is worth upgrading Saturn to Jupiter with order near 2600 (paid immediately), vs waiting for the price drop for November delivery.
Activity: 462
August 10, 2013, 09:49:32 PM
I'll probably send one jupiter's coins to an online wallet and another to an exchange - if I send to a cold storage wallet I would go through a tumbler... And also just buy stuff

But there will be tons of 'sell right away' folks which I said will cause a prisoners delema that everyone starts doing it and swoons the price of BTC until next spring
Activity: 410
August 10, 2013, 09:18:49 PM
Personally, I would create a cold wallet and have the pool withdraw directly to it.  Exchanges, online wallets and pool operators are all added risk you don't want to have if you don't need to.

There is no reason to add risk if you are holding long term and aren't reinvesting your profits.

This is my plan.  Have a few bitcoins in hot wallets if I want to spend them, easy to pull bitcoins out of cold storage for cashing out or a big purchase if you need it.
Activity: 410
August 10, 2013, 09:16:04 PM
Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!

Suprised? Why? If people all over the bitcoin world talk about it expanding as more people get involved and the good it will do...surely some new people are required to make that happen? Should they start with equipment that is sure to lose them money, or find the gear most likely to break even ?

If someone had asked if it was worthwhile starting mining with their gaming machine with a couple of hot graphics cards...what would the advice be? Don't be silly, it's not worth it anymore I'd bet. So someone coming along who is interested in starting mining would need an ASIC logically.

The rst of this isn't aimed at Wasted, more generally.

This is a reason that the whole bitcoin arena is so slow to spread...it's full of people who love to put down anyone new. A few months experience mining and suddenly a lot of people are too good to be polite or remember that they were once in that position. There's no reason to be a  smartarse, and it makes you look a proper dick.

Some posts lately have been pure putdowns. People being called idiots for not having the same knowledge that others have and simply asking a basic question.

Sure, most of it can be found online, but it's not always well explained. IF someone stops you in the street asking for directions you'd never call them a dumbass for not bringing a map just because you're familiar with the area would you? Why is this any different?

Someone once helped you, you didn't slip out of your mother into the midwife's arms full of bitcoin mining knowledge.

It's funny to watch people behave as if ASIC mining is some elite exclusive club.  People use any excuse they can grasp on to in order to act important, put others down and feel superior.  I guess Bitcoin mining is no exception to this rule.

Amencon, WTF..   All I said was i was surprised that people are dropping over 5000 on something they have yet to try...   followed by some advice for those who are not familiar with the process...    Take the stick out of your ass.

Opps sorry, should have taken your inside quote out.  I was more responding to / agreeing with timmers post.  Didn't really have a problem with anything you said.  My response was more spurned by phoenix and keenan, but I've seen plenty of responses similar to theirs in relation to bitcoin mining by others so more of a general observation.  The reality is this product is marketed to end consumers.  It's not a developer kit needing assembly or any special knowledge a buyer couldn't get from an afternoon of asking questions or googling.  You actually tried to be helpful by giving some advice so if anything you were behaving in opposite to my point.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 09:10:40 PM
@phoenix1969

I already read that.

However I do not base myself only on words, but on experience as well. You can try send a satoshi for the expired address. If you do, please, come back and tell us what is the outcome. I will refund you a satoshi in case you lose yours.
Meh, I'm not that kind of Gambler, but thanks Smiley
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 10, 2013, 09:01:14 PM
@phoenix1969

I already read that.

However I do not base myself only on words, but on experience as well. You can try send a satoshi for the expired address. If you do, please, come back and tell us what is the outcome. I will refund you a satoshi in case you lose yours.

legendary
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 08:46:15 PM
Personally, I would create a cold wallet and have the pool withdraw directly to it.  Exchanges, online wallets and pool operators are all added risk you don't want to have if you don't need to.

There is no reason to add risk if you are holding long term and aren't reinvesting your profits.
So, you plan on never cashing out? The Exchanges are unavoidable if you intend on turning it into cash. Anything other than Pool directly to the exchange is added the risk in my opinion, but like I said, some feel comfy otherwise. Holding long term is investing, or speculating, and still requires you to send it to the exchange to sell at the appropriate time. Lets say there's a spike that lasted 1/2 hour...now you are scampering to send BTC to Gox, but the server is swamped, and the opportunity may pass you by just in confirmation time from Your wallet to the exchange. Holding is speculation that the price will be higher, that's not the same as mining for profit... but one of the three totally separate aspects of Bitcoin. 1. for global commerce 2. for speculation in buying & selling. 3. Mining for profit. None of which require having a QT wallet platform on your computer. You may ask yourself which is more likely... Your computer crashes & something happens to your usb, or... Gox lost your account. I know myself. I'm highly likely to crash my system because I tend to test the limits sometimes, or loose the usb in my coffee or similar mishap. I already lost one backup just plugging it into the usb slot, it just broke. With that in mind, I decided to eliminate the chance my clumsy arse could jeopardize things again. I'm not trying to sell anyone on the idea, I'm saying it's possible, and I do it often.  
legendary
Activity: 994
August 10, 2013, 08:31:42 PM

legendary
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 08:25:14 PM
I keep it on several exchanges ready to pounce, or just let it build in the pool account(s).
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 10, 2013, 08:21:15 PM
Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!
Bitlocker and usb are just another added risk, nothing more IMHO. What is the incentive for one to spend 10+ gigs of data download, and then go through adding the risk of duplicating a wallet so it can be stolen, lost, crushed, dropped into your coffee, you name it. There is no safer way than cashing out immediately and bypassing the QT platform entirely IMHO, but to each his own.

So if you weren't cashing out immediately and wanted to hold for quite some time.  which path would u take? 
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 10, 2013, 08:18:19 PM

next..  have fun!

Suprised? Why? If people all over the bitcoin world talk about it expanding as more people get involved and the good it will do...surely some new people are required to make that happen? Should they start with equipment that is sure to lose them money, or find the gear most likely to break even ?

If someone had asked if it was worthwhile starting mining with their gaming machine with a couple of hot graphics cards...what would the advice be? Don't be silly, it's not worth it anymore I'd bet. So someone coming along who is interested in starting mining would need an ASIC logically.

The rst of this isn't aimed at Wasted, more generally.

This is a reason that the whole bitcoin arena is so slow to spread...it's full of people who love to put down anyone new. A few months experience mining and suddenly a lot of people are too good to be polite or remember that they were once in that position. There's no reason to be a  smartarse, and it makes you look a proper dick.

Some posts lately have been pure putdowns. People being called idiots for not having the same knowledge that others have and simply asking a basic question.

Sure, most of it can be found online, but it's not always well explained. IF someone stops you in the street asking for directions you'd never call them a dumbass for not bringing a map just because you're familiar with the area would you? Why is this any different?

Someone once helped you, you didn't slip out of your mother into the midwife's arms full of bitcoin mining knowledge.

It's funny to watch people behave as if ASIC mining is some elite exclusive club.  People use any excuse they can grasp on to in order to act important, put others down and feel superior.  I guess Bitcoin mining is no exception to this rule.

Amencon, WTF..   All I said was i was surprised that people are dropping over 5000 on something they have yet to try...   followed by some advice for those who are not familiar with the process...    Take the stick out of your ass.

legendary
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!
Bitlocker and usb are just another added risk, nothing more IMHO. What is the incentive for one to spend 10+ gigs of data download, and then go through adding the risk of duplicating a wallet so it can be stolen, lost, crushed, dropped into your coffee, you name it. There is no safer way than cashing out immediately and bypassing the QT platform entirely IMHO, but to each his own. If it makes you feel comfy to have your own "digital wallet" on usb.... go for it. Why not.
Jump to: