Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1918. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Unfortunately, as far as I know we are still waiting to find out the tape-out date.   Huh
That's their business, I would be surprised if the bothered to tell you.

I would think paying customers would get some updates.. So far all I heard about was a hosting plan and you can spend more money to upgrade ..

Since when do Intel or nVidia tell their customers tape out dates?

Where is the precedent?

Updates are nice but kind of pointless until their estimated ship date has elapsed.
Additional technical info would be more useful.

Intel and nVidia don't spend months collecting customer's pre-order cash to fund chip production.

Avalon's tape-out date announcement:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1294431

BFL's announcement:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post10249

100TH (bitfury chip) announcement:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/picostocks-100ths-bitcoin-mine-100th-140366

Labcoin announcement:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2710542

ASICminer (friedcat's) announcement:
https://109.201.133.65/index.php?topic=99497.msg1273397#msg1273397

Activity: 552
Merit: 500
Intel and nvidia have shipped many products and in this industry with all the scams and such I thinks it's important for people to be informed of such info .. Wouldn't you want to know what's up with your 14k you spent with such nonsense going on in thus industry esp with the amount of scammers out?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Since when do Intel or nVidia tell their cutomers tape out dates?

Where is the precedent?

Show me where I can pre-order the new nVidia 980 GPU or the new Intel Broadwell CPU. As soon as I have those pre-orders fully paid for I'll let you know what tape-out dates they provide.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I was under the impression that since they aren't doing a 'pure asic' but just FPGA>ASIC (and already proved their FPGA) there is a chance they are just funneling this through the fab and there is no 'tape-out' party that they care about

I could be completely wrong but that is the impression that I get

erk
Activity: 826
Unfortunately, as far as I know we are still waiting to find out the tape-out date.   Huh

I would think paying customers would get some updates.. So far all I heard about was a hosting plan and you can spend more money to upgrade ..

Since when do Intel or nVidia tell their customers tape out dates?

Where is the precedent?

Updates are nice but kind of pointless until their estimated ship date has elapsed.
Additional technical info would be more useful.

Unfortunately, as far as I know we are still waiting to find out the tape-out date.   Huh

legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Unfortunately, as far as I know we are still waiting to find out the tape-out date.   Huh

That's easy for you to say:

I would love to order a KNCminer, but I am waiting until I see working proof from end users who have received their units, just like I did with BFL.  Until actual real world test results come in, you can't plan your rig effectively.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
KnC will have their own pool, with a 2% fee,
KnCMiner Pool Fee is now 1.5%
https://www.kncminer.com/categories/hosting
erk

eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I wonder why no News on tape out, mask and wafer? producing the chips easily takes more than a month
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Anyone have any idea if Knc has reached tapeout yet? With 5 weeks till September time is ticking...
erk
Please forgive me if this question has been answered previously:

Will KnCMiners be reconfigurable to mine in a pool of our choosing? I read somewhere (kncminer.com?) that we would be asked for configuration information before shipping so that the unit would arrive ready to mine - is that configuration modifiable?

What is the interface for the miner? is it  a web interface? Is the shell accessible to the end user?

There is some speculation on reddit that the KnCminers will only be capable of solo mining. I find that unlikely, but it would be great to get some accurate information.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1j6xke

The device would be useless if it were locked to a pool, as pools come and go. Therefore it must be modifiable.
Activity: 532

Will KnCMiners be reconfigurable to mine in a pool of our choosing? I read somewhere (kncminer.com?) that we would be asked for configuration information before shipping so that the unit would arrive ready to mine - is that configuration modifiable?

What is the interface for the miner? is it  a web interface? Is the shell accessible to the end user?

There is some speculation on reddit that the KnCminers will only be capable of solo mining. I find that unlikely, but it would be great to get some accurate information.

Ignore Reddit, you can obviously pool mine. KnC will have their own pool, with a 2% fee, although I don't believe it's open to anyone beyond those committing to having their Saturns and Jupiters hosted at KnC data centres. Aside from that you should be able to configure your device to pool with whoever as they did with Mars at the open day. It's a web GUI. The pre config is set for product testing prior to shipping and so you can plug and play once received. You can change however you see fit subsequent...
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

What is the interface for the miner? is it  a web interface? Is the shell accessible to the end user?

legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
Well, I guess my real point was, the forecast albeit somewhat unknown, is not as dominantly  doomy & gloomy as most seem to think; I like that.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
My 2 cents...
None of the calculators, or mining forcasters seem to take in the fact/factor that in order for the difficulty changes to maintain a 20% increase every diffchange
None of the calculators, take in factor the direct loses due to Internet connexion problems or pool problems ...
Not so; at least one of them has an up-time field.
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
My 2 cents...
None of the calculators, or mining forcasters seem to take in the fact/factor that in order for the difficulty changes to maintain a 20% increase every diffchange
None of the calculators, take in factor the direct loses due to Internet connexion problems or pool problems ...
Activity: 532
My 2 cents...
None of the calculators, or mining forcasters seem to take in the fact/factor that in order for the difficulty changes to maintain a 20% increase every diffchange, that it will take 20% more hashing power delivered to customers to maintain that increase level. In other words, if the diff increases, so does the need amount of delivered hash power to make the same result. With that in mind, there will be a leveling, or slowly getting smaller & smaller % increase as the cloud grows, again, because it will take more & more units delivered to effect the same result. But there will be a few larger ones soon, surely with all the massive deliveries pending, but all I'm saying is that there eventually will be a smaller and smaller rise in the difflevel , and sometimes go down, as happened in the past.
 Wink

And of course there is the luxury within some confidence to predict with reasonable estimation as, and when, unknown entities become known and reveal their offerings, as to what impact to difficulty they may have, and over what period until they are cost effective with respect to energy pricing, if the BTC value were to hypothetically remain constant.

The greatest unknown is the future BTC price and any fluctuation as, and when, along the way...
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
My 2 cents...
None of the calculators, or mining forcasters seem to take in the fact/factor that in order for the difficulty changes to maintain a 20% increase every diffchange, that it will take 20% more hashing power delivered to customers to maintain that increase level. In other words, if the diff increases, so does the need amount of delivered hash power to make the same result. With that in mind, there will be a leveling, or slowly getting smaller & smaller % increase as the cloud grows, again, because it will take more & more units delivered to effect the same result. But there will be a few larger ones soon, surely with all the massive deliveries pending, but all I'm saying is that there eventually will be a smaller and smaller rise in the difflevel , and sometimes go down, as happened in the past. Your ability to mine for profit will depend on your willingness to re-invest in bigger, better, faster, and MORE EFFICIENT machines as they become available. Choose wisely Grasshopper
 Wink
Jump to: