Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1921. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
mining.thegenesisblock.com

Pick a Jupiter in October, add in hosting fee, change power costs to 0, change pool fee to 1.5%.

There's no way the diff increase is averaging or going to average 60% a month as their default has it.
Activity: 462
How are you getting this free electricity? Business contract? Dorm? Office?

In NYC I can get free electricity in a bunch of ways:

a) A lot of coop buildings dont have a separate meter for each appartment, my parents live in one.
b) My own appt has broken meters since the last big storm, so I get charged last years rates
c) Office

d) Starbucks
e) hotwire some electric trolley lines
donator
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Axios Foundation

In NYC I can get free electricity in a bunch of ways:

a) A lot of coop buildings dont have a separate meter for each appartment, my parents live in one.
b) My own appt has broken meters since the last big storm, so I get charged last years rates
c) Office
Its your opinion, but 60 GH/s BFL is at 300mil diff pointless to run thats all. In that moment all BFL units will stop mining(jalapenos and 25GH/s little sooner). And this is same story for Avalen etc.

And i dont think that KNC will be next BFL. BFL is simple big disaster in ASIC business(customer service,more than one year delay, no ROI).

Not for those of us that have free electricity.  In that case, we mine until the hardware dies, or we decide to sell it.
BFL ramping up deliveries, Avalon chips inbound!!!!, Avalon batch 3, ASICminer, Bitfury, and some other small players

The next few months are going to be bloody tough. Wont be surprised if it hits 150-200mil by October-November
The Avalons and clones will be forced to stop mining long before KNC's machines, as they won't make a return on-top of electricity costs. As for BFL's devices, they're a non-starter entirely Tongue All the diff increase we've seen from Avalons coming online, we should figure those will disappear from the network, clones included, soon after KNC ships, so the diff increase should level out for a bit after KNC ships.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Current price in Norway is $0.064 and Iceland is even lower: $0.0187 Grin

Ehh.. There only $0.031/kwh in Ukraine, but very possible problems with customs. Embarrassed

hi, i pay in germany 0,29 €/kwh thats 0,385 $/kwh and this is one of the cheaper contracts in this region.

WTF! I'm getting sick and tired of this country more and more every day. How can it be that ukranian power can be generated/sold more than 10 times cheaper than german? Icelandic nearly 30 times cheaper???

We have the highest taxes, highest public expenditure quota, highest fuel prices, highest working life years, highest energy costs and get in return such wonderful things as worst life quality, the worlds most complicated taxation system, the most boring society and cities on the world, the least amount of leisure time, the highest retirement age and the lowest net earnings.

I can't wait to emigrate, germany must be the asshole of the world.  Sad

For a sec I thought you were talking about the US. 
Also because as Johan and Sam have both said at the Openday Marcus and team are perfectionists which is why they had to be so hard on them with respect to timeframe. September is the priority. Marcus is not happy with his design, it will work, but not optimally as he would like. So after this first run is out the way, they get to let him of his leash...

Sorry, but my reality looks different. Engineers can't go to their CFOs and say:

"Gen 1 ASIC is working as specified. No major bugs, we can put them into the miners and sell them. But the design is not perfect, please let me do a Gen 2 ASIC."
"Ok, how much would it be?"
"Just another $2M."
"No way! Are you crazy, that are 10 Ferraris!". Wink

Just kidding. But would you invest so much for an gen 2 ASIC without any major technical reason? With respect to efficiency Gen 2 (assuming still in 28nm) will probably have something like 25% more performance while having less power consumption and silicon area (due to design optimization and less margins). Not much compared to the steps in difficulty. Is that another $2M NRE worth?

Developing Gen2 Miners based on Gen1 ASICs (extended product line) would of course make sense commercially and technically.

They can do a full custom ASIC ala Bitfury for Gen-2, for one thing. THat would be significant performance and efficiency gains. We'll see the end to pricing in gigahash as mining transitions to minimum-1th standards next year.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
Regarding VAT or import duties, in the US we pay very low duties on computer equipment.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

There's a small 0.3464% import merchandise fee with a minimum of $25. On a Jupiter, this works out to $25.

Now it's my turn to say "lucky you". Norway has 25% import tax on goods which value exceeds ~$40. Now, maybe I should choose hosting...
That's just "A bunch of Bananas". There is no VAT on electronics between Sweden(or Europe in whole) & the USA. This is not my first time purchasing electronic equipment from Sweden, and there has never been a delay or charge from customs here on the 1/2 dozen items I've ordered from various vendors in Stockholm, and Cheshire Eng:,...although UPS claims to have 2 day service between here & there, it usually takes about a week from Stockholm to Hawaii.
Just be glad you're not trying to import solar panels from China to USA.
also... read this
http://www.ups.com/content/se/en/resources/ship/customs/index.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=customs&WT.svl=SRCH
"Routine customs clearance automatically included in all UPS air service rates (where applicable)"

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Regarding VAT or import duties, in the US we pay very low duties on computer equipment.

There's a small 0.3464% import merchandise fee with a minimum of $25. On a Jupiter, this works out to $25.

Now it's my turn to say "lucky you". Norway has 25% import tax on goods which value exceeds ~$40. Now, maybe I should choose hosting...
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
Reached pm limit, if you got any questions you can mail directly to [email protected], I'll check with my co-workers tomorrow to see if we can get a miner hosting service going for those that want us to pick up and host knc miners. Good night.

So we decided to go ahead with a miner hosting service.

Mercury $80 /m
Saturn $120 /m
Jupiter $220 /m

Will also accept bitcoins as payment.

We can buy PSUs for your miners beforehand (either add to monthly bill or one time setup fee) so they are ready to go as soon as they are released for pick up at KNC offices. We will be using server grade super micro ATX PSUs with 93% efficiency unless any special recommendations come down from KNC. You are also welcome to ship any PSU you might have of your own to us if you prefer that.

Got any questions you can e-mail [email protected], if this post is considered spam by a mod, you're most welcomed to remove it.

You should contact KNC or Sam directly and offer your services.  It sounds like you could offer a great service and customers would feel more at ease if there was an official way of getting the units to you from the KNC factory.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Reached pm limit, if you got any questions you can mail directly to [email protected], I'll check with my co-workers tomorrow to see if we can get a miner hosting service going for those that want us to pick up and host knc miners. Good night.

So we decided to go ahead with a miner hosting service.

Mercury $80 /m
Saturn $120 /m
Jupiter $220 /m

Will also accept bitcoins as payment.

We can buy PSUs for your miners beforehand (either add to monthly bill or one time setup fee) so they are ready to go as soon as they are released for pick up at KNC offices. We will be using server grade super micro ATX PSUs with 93% efficiency unless any special recommendations come down from KNC. You are also welcome to ship any PSU you might have of your own to us if you prefer that.

Got any questions you can e-mail [email protected], if this post is considered spam by a mod, you're most welcomed to remove it.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

Activity: 389
No Speed Limits only in Aotobahn

maybe not for long

a proposal this month to impose a speed limit of 75 mph has set off an election-year battle that has some people questioning a basic tenet of German identity.

The traffic-cop-like suggestion from a top opposition leader challenged Germans to pick two popular obsessions — safety and sustainability — over another: a seemingly primal need to use their 500-horsepower engines to catapult themselves across their country’s gently rolling countryside.

The proposals are that proposals. They tend to be "trial balloons" to see how the population reacts.
Although remove the No Limit.

Always will have Nordschleife Grin

Return to KNC please
Activity: 238
No Speed Limits only in Aotobahn

maybe not for long

a proposal this month to impose a speed limit of 75 mph has set off an election-year battle that has some people questioning a basic tenet of German identity.

The traffic-cop-like suggestion from a top opposition leader challenged Germans to pick two popular obsessions — safety and sustainability — over another: a seemingly primal need to use their 500-horsepower engines to catapult themselves across their country’s gently rolling countryside.
Activity: 389

WTF! I'm getting sick and tired of this country more and more every day. How can it be that ukranian power can be generated/sold more than 10 times cheaper than german? Icelandic nearly 30 times cheaper???

We have the highest taxes, highest public expenditure quota, highest fuel prices, highest working life years, highest energy costs and get in return such wonderful things as worst life quality, the worlds most complicated taxation system, the most boring society and cities on the world, the least amount of leisure time, the highest retirement age and the lowest net earnings.

I can't wait to emigrate, germany must be the asshole of the world.  Sad

But you do have some of the best traffic laws in the world. There's nothing more frustrating than being on an American highway with a mile of visibility ahead of you and being limited to 65 or at most 80 mph.

No Speed Limits only in Autobahn
Activity: 238
You are not factoring in Customs Dutys on your machines as well which will probably be >$500.

Huh? Since when did the US start charging people customs duties?

Maybe if you're going import something to resell you're supposed to pay it, but ordering items from overseas? It's not something anyone pays attention too.  We don't have a national VAT or Sales tax, so it's not you'd be avoiding taxes by buying something overseas instead of locally.
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
You are not factoring in Customs Dutys on your machines as well which will probably be >$500.

I haven't imported anything of this size(value) before to the USA.  Shipping is UPS Overnight but does anyone have any knowledge of how long it will take to get through customs?  Will they impose a tax on it?   

I originally thought 1-3 nights for shipping but I really have nothing to base this on.  I also didn't factor in paying customs duties.   

Can someone with experience chime in? 

Appreciate it.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

I can't wait to emigrate, germany must be the asshole of the world.  Sad

But you do have some of the best traffic laws in the world. There's nothing more frustrating than being on an American highway with a mile of visibility ahead of you and being limited to 65 or at most 80 mph.
legendary
Activity: 1498
I wouldn't panic, once they understand your mistake I'm sure they'll refund.

I agree.   Also don't forget-- when you pay with BTC, it is converted by BitPay.   It is not like they can send you back the BTC that you paid with.  

It will be interesting if you get BTC or FIAT back,  let us know how it turns out.  I don't think you should worry though.
Sure, I will post any update..
legendary
Activity: 1498
I wouldn't panic, once they understand your mistake I'm sure they'll refund.

I don't panic but I have to admit the lack of feedback is annoying - I have a bad experience in this (only this) with Terrahash so go figure... Tongue
Jump to: