Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1920. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Two things I'd like more info on. October...which end of it?  Next gen..stats and prices they have as targets.
We can't do much about hashrates and all that side of things now, but we can plan for the future better with some basic info.

I also wonder if them talking about a LTC rig may be their backdoor out if things get too much in BTC..sensible way to go possibly.

I think as potential competition hots up (and I think we are only *just* starting to see potential competition - it's going to get a LOT stronger) it's time for KnC to keep quiet with their future intentions and stats that give an idea of their next move to competitors, quit talking, and time to simply walk the walk by demonstrating skill and capability...

is that what time it is???

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
After having a meeting with colleagues(seperate entities) in a brainstorming session that took over 7 hours, I was compelled to share the following with my genius friends here in the forum to chew on... hope it helps someone...
We had a Pow-wow discussion about the hosting situation at KNC, which we had been excited about such a great deal because our electrical costs here alone seemed to make hosting a bargain. (.43/kwhr is 309.60/month for a Jupiter), so for $350 a month, that's like paying $40.40 per month for hosting a Jupiter with the "Dream Team" as we call KNC...
Then we got the bad news.
Hosting will be up-front. This changes everything.
Ultimately, we decided against having KNC host the 3 Saturns we ordered for the following reasons...
1. The UP-Front policy changed the ROI drastically.
  a. Hosting 3 Saturns for 6 months costs 4200 dollars... up-front
  b. Buying another Saturn costs $3,897.60 here in Hawaii with shipping.  (see where I'm going with this?)
2. Here in Hawaii, the electric cost is the among the highest in the world, literally .43/kw/hr, which comes to $464.40/month for the original 3 Saturns just for electric, or $154.80/month/Saturn; which comes to  $928.80 in electric over the six month contract term for each Saturn here in Hawaii.  That's a difference of $3,271.20 over the 6 month hosting fee, which is the actual cost of hosting a single Saturn after electric for us.
3. Now, instead of spending the $4,200.00 on hosting, if we simply bought another Saturn, we would have increased our hash-rate by 25% (200Gh/s)over that six months for $3,897.60. With a projected ROI of 30 days,(We feel an modest estimate) that would leave us with over 300 dollars, and 5 months of pure hashing profit over the same six months, not to mention that we still have the machine hashing long after that.

To put it more simply; Consider the comparison of up-front hosting fees against the lifetime income potential of the machine, minus electric.

We argued other points, like how much we could make in the few days it took to ship versus hosting, which was an attractive point since we are literally on the other side of the world, and what we could stand to loose if the package took 10 to 14 days to arrive.... but with every calculation, the numbers were negligible in comparison to the lifetime ownership of another machine.

Now, if We were able to pay on a month-to month basis during the 6 month term, we would have certainly went for hosting straight away, due to the drastically lower start-up costs. (Hint to Sam & Andreas)

thanks for the breakdown of the numbers. Good stuff.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Has anyone seen the new update today with the hosting plans?  Suuuuuppper expensive.  Unless we can hope to see a serious price jump it wouldn't make any sort of sense to host there unless you were a bitcoin millionaire bum?

Expensive? Well Just reasonable as the basic cost, for 25 US cents per kWh, 432 kWh at most per month, in Saturn case. I think it is sensible. You can count yourself as the people look after your avatar, isn't it?

Wow, 25 cents per kWh. That's some expensive power they got there. When difficulty pushes even these against the profitability wall they will have to be relocated to some place where power costs are at or below $0.10 kWh
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Does anyone know if a Jupiter (or Saturn) would fit as a carry on and would there be customs/duty problems going from Sweden to US?
Thanks.

I actually asked and they said it should fit in cabin allowance size wise. But that was ages back before they had finalised the design. That said, it's at the discretion/mercy of customs and I just see that being a lot of aggro. It would have to go in the hold. Without PSU and maybe check in well ahead to confirm at the counter of your spec airline?
Activity: 428
BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]
Does anybody know when the purchasing window closes this year?
Who care, for 100Gh Difficulty Factor 26=5600$ now 31mil=4700$ in October 62mil=2200$ in dec. 100mil=1200$ a month, THX God  i live in poor country  Undecided in Feb 500$ stop being funny  Kiss
Activity: 280
Hell?
i doubt it would be allowed as carry on. it will probably look like a huge bomb. lol.

just check it.
Activity: 262
I hate my family
Does anyone know if a Jupiter (or Saturn) would fit as a carry on and would there be customs/duty problems going from Sweden to US?
Thanks.

When they've sold out of stock.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Activity: 462
Firing it up
Has anyone seen the new update today with the hosting plans?  Suuuuuppper expensive.  Unless we can hope to see a serious price jump it wouldn't make any sort of sense to host there unless you were a bitcoin millionaire bum?

Expensive? Well Just reasonable as the basic cost, for 25 US cents per kWh, 432 kWh at most per month, in Saturn case. I think it is sensible. You can count yourself as the people look after your avatar, isn't it?
Hey guys about my issue they emailed me today and said they will refund me in USD!

The guys are very professional IMO and too bad I did not catch the pre-orders...
Next time!

I hope they will deliver on time, they deserve to succeed.

Did you originally pay in bitcoin or USD?
Bitcoins through Bitpay (see previous posts).

Obviously refunds from Bitcoins will be in dollars. Bitpay converts instantly and KnC's suppliers currently accept payment only in Dollars. Plus as a professional company, they want to declare everything and keep it all above board...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Hey guys about my issue they emailed me today and said they will refund me in USD!

The guys are very professional IMO and too bad I did not catch the pre-orders...
Next time!

Bitcoins through Bitpay (see previous posts).
Activity: 252

Next time!

legendary
Activity: 1498

Next time!

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Two things I'd like more info on. October...which end of it?  Next gen..stats and prices they have as targets.
We can't do much about hashrates and all that side of things now, but we can plan for the future better with some basic info.

I also wonder if them talking about a LTC rig may be their backdoor out if things get too much in BTC..sensible way to go possibly.

I think as potential competition hots up (and I think we are only *just* starting to see potential competition - it's going to get a LOT stronger) it's time for KnC to keep quiet with their future intentions and stats that give an idea of their next move to competitors, quit talking, and time to simply walk the walk by demonstrating skill and capability...
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
Two things I'd like more info on. October...which end of it?  Next gen..stats and prices they have as targets.

legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
mining.thegenesisblock.com

Pick a Jupiter in October, add in hosting fee, change power costs to 0, change pool fee to 1.5%.

There's no way the diff increase is averaging or going to average 60% a month as their default has it.

Yes it has been, it's pretty simple math. Remember, each 2016 blocks are being solved in 11 days or less right now and each increase has been over 20%. Compound that ~3 times per month and 60% appears conservative.
DIFF HISTORY
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmcTCtjBoRWUdHVRMHpqWUJValI1RlZiaEtCT1RrQmc
last 3 diff changes were 10%, 22%, and 20% approximately 52/3 is 17 % average over the last 30 days...
but setting that aside;
The diff was 19 mil 40 days ago, and is 31 now, which is more than a 50% overall increase over 4 diffchanges overall
If we apply that to the next 40 days, the diff would only be around 47 mil in the beginning of September, and low 70's in December, but that would be a best case scenario. imho  Also remember, as the total hashrate of the cloud grows, it will take more and more units to make the same % diffchange
You were close Smiley
Activity: 462
There's been some funny games on dropping the hash rate.   When we went to the new diff someone dropped the hashrate to 200 and then the stats were predicting next diff to be LOWER

We know that won't stick but it was odd to see...   
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
mining.thegenesisblock.com

Pick a Jupiter in October, add in hosting fee, change power costs to 0, change pool fee to 1.5%.

There's no way the diff increase is averaging or going to average 60% a month as their default has it.

Yes it has been, it's pretty simple math. Remember, each 2016 blocks are being solved in 11 days or less right now and each increase has been over 20%. Compound that ~3 times per month and 60% appears conservative.
Jump to: