Pages:
Author

Topic: T17 OC/OV. S17 Series OC/OV, Antminer B7 OC/OV, S9k, Z11 + others 100% FREE - page 7. (Read 10178 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Just sharing some observations. The beta 3 firmware held over 151-153 ksols for most of the day, but settled back down to 145 ksols recently with chip temps in the 81c-85c with fans set to 100%. Another Z11 twelve inches away running Bitmain 4/23 FW is at 70c-73c with fans at 95%. Re-releasing an April 23 version to cut down on hardware errors at the very least (and any other positive unintended consequences) seems like a no-brainer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta 3:

Elapsed          MH/S(RT)          MH/S(avg)
8h44m23s      146.45              145.66

HW Errors: 7,813

Power Draw: 1780w @ 120v
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bitmain 4/23:

Elapsed          MH/S(RT)          MH/S(avg)
8h59m26s     132.37              137.99

HW Errors: 649

Power Draw: 1492w @ 120v
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are you running a z11 on 120v? I dont have access to to 220-240 so Im curious to hear about your 120v setup, thanks
Activity: 559
Merit: 4
Aaand none of them working

Give this one a try for the S17 or S17 Pro, I replaced 2 different file in this one. The devicetree and uimage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uW5jBAa_2HzJtFzIS_w6dpoiMoAsl3ai/view?usp=sharing

... devicetree.dtb does not have anything to do with 'unlocking SSH' in any way, shape, or form. It really has nothing to do with the 'firmware' at all.

-j

I didnt say it did but it is needed for booting from the sd card.
Activity: 504
Merit: 51

Give this one a try for the S17 or S17 Pro, I replaced 2 different file in this one. The devicetree and uimage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uW5jBAa_2HzJtFzIS_w6dpoiMoAsl3ai/view?usp=sharing

... devicetree.dtb does not have anything to do with 'unlocking SSH' in any way, shape, or form. It really has nothing to do with the 'firmware' at all.

-j

Ok, I will wait until I get a board or machine to figure out what files was used. Hopefully this week if all goes ok.

Thanks for trying them at least. I only have the latest releases from bitmain so I cant look at an older version to see what the deal is. I have too many files here and need to reorganize them again so I dont certain ones crossed.

Miners For Sale Located in South Eastern U.S.
2 x Antminer Z9 Mini's Batch 1 - 1 gets 16.7 k/sol and the other gets 16.5 k/sol $325 each or $600 for both
2 x Antminer Z9 Mini,s Batch 4 - Both get right at 16.2 k/sol   $300 each or $575 for both

Plus $75 shipping to lower 48, anywhere else we would have to figure out the shipping

The batch 1's are clocked at 768m and the batch 4's 718-731m depending on temps it will maintain right at 16 k/sol

PM for further purchase details or to make an offer, I will accept Zcash or BTC

MINERS HAVE BEEN SOLD.....
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
When i uploaded it on S17(non pro) with may 17'th firmware already on it the effect was the same and no ssh unlock

If you take the uramdisk.image.gz from the SD bin folder can you upload it thru the web gui upgrade on the miner we are talking about.
negative, cannot find signature

I think I found the problem. The wrong uImage got packed with it. Hopefully this is the right one that was origionally tested. Here is a link if anyone wants to try again the S17/Pro. Please report if it worked this time.

S17 New uImage 7/28/19

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KwDXxCbG2sXylAvbq8XnVZVhMXDClUos/view?usp=sharing
Yeah, still the same... Cannot connect and no signature, altho this time miner got up much faster, no 20min struggle

I just uploaded two more to try. Let me know the results plz

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7pv-4OSUqwI4NBzEWZgK8ayPSYhYcnb/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gD3yk452YTfX0vgdeRFZGeuBvW4jrmx6/view?usp=sharing
Antminer S9k Unlocked SD image. Unlocks SSH and Disables Signature Checking. Nothing more was done to the image. To be applied using a SD card.

See first post for download link
When i uploaded it on S17(non pro) with may 17'th firmware already on it the effect was the same and no ssh unlock

If you take the uramdisk.image.gz from the SD bin folder can you upload it thru the web gui upgrade on the miner we are talking about.

I think I found the problem. The wrong uImage got packed with it. Hopefully this is the right one that was origionally tested. Here is a link if anyone wants to try again the S17/Pro. Please report if it worked this time.

S17 New uImage 7/28/19

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KwDXxCbG2sXylAvbq8XnVZVhMXDClUos/view?usp=sharing
Yeah, still the same... Cannot connect and no signature, altho this time miner got up much faster, no 20min struggle

I just uploaded two more to try. Let me know the results plz

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7pv-4OSUqwI4NBzEWZgK8ayPSYhYcnb/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gD3yk452YTfX0vgdeRFZGeuBvW4jrmx6/view?usp=sharing

S17 New uImage 7/28/19

I am going to have to go thru the uImages I have in the last yr bitmain has used about 8 or so different ones. The one i just did was the latest one they are using on a few different boards

S17 New uImage 7/28/19

S17 New uImage 7/28/19

Thats so odd.... if it took there should be no sig check but yet you say it updated the miner compile date from the 16th to may 27. I need to look into it more and it may not happen till next week when I get some more test boards and or miners. This is definitely puzzling me. It is like part updated and other parts didnt and i dont see how that can happen.

Yeah.... my bet is chipless doesn’t understand how the ssh config file is saved in /config.

After you install his stuff via SD, try installing again via web interface (chipless, release an image for upload installs if you haven’t already) and check the box to not save config.

Bet that fixes it for him.

-j

This is what I have in the bitmainer_setup.sh file. Which should do like the other miners and enable the ssh or am I wrong.

I dont need to release another one he can take the uramdisk image from the sd and use it

###########################
# dropbear
NO_START=0
#if [ ! -f /config/dropbear ] ; then
#    echo NO_START=1 > /config/dropbear
#else
#    rm /config/dropbear
#    sync
#    echo NO_START=1 > /config/dropbear
#fi
echo NO_START=0 > /config/dropbear
cp /config/dropbear /etc/default/dropbear
###########################

btw, it took over 20mins after i took out sd for miner to get up and ready to mine
thats what i have on S17Pro atm
Hardware Version   17.10.1.3
Kernel Version   Linux 4.6.0-xilinx-gff8137b-dirty #25 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 23 15:30:52 CST 2018
File System Version   Mon May 27 10:57:13 CST 2019
CGminer Version   1.0.0

this one is untouched

Kernel Version   Linux 4.6.0-xilinx-gff8137b-dirty #25 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 23 15:30:52 CST 2018
File System Version   Tue Apr 16 19:05:06 CST 2019
CGminer Version   4.9.0

before update it was the same version

and i couldnt access web during firmware update, or via ssh. Red led constantly light up during update and looong 20+mins after

Some of the problem might be that Bitmain has on their site that if the firmware is April 16 or earlier you have to upgrade to the May 24 version then to the May 27th version. This Sd image is based off the May 27th version.

I am going to have to look at some things closer because if you updated the the 27 with the sd then it did copy but why dont you have ssh is my question. Everything is set to enable it and disable signature checking. So I will have to look into what is so important between the April versions and the May version which are the only ones on their site. If anyone has earlier releases then I would do a image from it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 51
Yeah.... my bet is chipless doesn’t understand how the ssh config file is saved in /config.

After you install his stuff via SD, try installing again via web interface (chipless, release an image for upload installs if you haven’t already) and check the box to not save config.

Bet that fixes it for him.

-j

btw, it took over 20mins after i took out sd for miner to get up and ready to mine
thats what i have on S17Pro atm
File System Version   Mon May 27 10:57:13 CST 2019
CGminer Version   1.0.0

this one is untouched

File System Version   Tue Apr 16 19:05:06 CST 2019
CGminer Version   4.9.0

before update it was the same version

and i couldnt access web during firmware update, or via ssh. Red led constantly light up during update and looong 20+mins after
Pages:
Jump to: