Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 637. (Read 198154 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 19, 2017, 10:15:15 AM
I'm also surprised by Goffin's victory against Federer though Roger has said he is not at 100% of his shape.
Goffin will face. in the final, Dimitrov and both will improve their best ranking

here are the projections of the ranking atp, it will practically be the definitive ranking of the 2017 season:

1)Nadal     10645
2)Federer    9605
3)Dimitrov   4650 (if he wins the final 5150 points)  Best Ranking
4)A.Zverev  4610
5)Thiem      4015 (if Goffin wins the final, Thiem goes down to 6th place)
6)Cilic         3805 (if Goffin wins the final, Cilic     goes down to 7th place)
7)Goffin      3775 but if he wins the final he climbs to 5th place with 5275. In any case it is Best Ranking
8)Sock        3165 Best Ranking
9)Wawrinka 3150
10)Carreno-Busta 2615

other strong players:

11)Del Potro 2595
12)Djokovic  2585
16)Murray    2290
22)Nishikori  1885
24)Raonic     1795
Activity: 2100
Merit: 254
November 19, 2017, 06:55:25 AM
I must also admit that I didn't saw the loss of Federer against Goffin coming, but congrats to Goffin. He has again written history by achieving the Masters final. Dimitrov is the favorite to win and take the title, 3 days ago he destroyed Goffin, but the final is something else.
The only bet I would consider would be over 2.5 sets.
legendary
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2017, 06:03:18 AM
Dimitrov is favourite to win by the bookies with @1.3
H2H between both players shows 4-1 to Dimitrov. 4 matches were played in the last year.
Dimitrov is showing better perfomance so today im with him. Dont know yet about the handicap. Will see later.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 19, 2017, 01:39:52 AM
Federer surprisingly lost 2-1 to Goffin in the semi final so unfurtunatelly we will not see him playing in the next match.  Its a very sad day to all Federer fans

- Definitely sad day for me because I am a fan of Roger whole life. Simply I think that Roger is tired of tennis, he play on a high level throughout the season and he was barely waiting to finish season but not in this way.
Roger Federer defeat against Goffin is shocking for all the tennis fans, and it was unexpected by considering the way Federer playing the tennis in last year or so. But only himself to blame for the loss as he played loose forehand shots, but need to admire the way Goffin played against the great Federer.
Goffin is a great player and he proved it again , its not easy for a player to loose first set and comeback from behind to win the match against Federer . Goffin defeated Djokovic, Nadal and Federer in a single year Smiley It says how good he is . Congrats to Dimitrov too for reaching career high ranking of 3.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
November 19, 2017, 01:01:40 AM
Federer surprisingly lost 2-1 to Goffin in the semi final so unfurtunatelly we will not see him playing in the next match.  Its a very sad day to all Federer fans

- Definitely sad day for me because I am a fan of Roger whole life. Simply I think that Roger is tired of tennis, he play on a high level throughout the season and he was barely waiting to finish season but not in this way.
Roger Federer defeat against Goffin is shocking for all the tennis fans, and it was unexpected by considering the way Federer playing the tennis in last year or so. But only himself to blame for the loss as he played loose forehand shots, but need to admire the way Goffin played against the great Federer.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 18, 2017, 10:50:31 PM
Hmm, Federer lost his match against Goffin. I must say I didn't see that coming.
Activity: 490
Merit: 111
November 18, 2017, 02:55:21 PM

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
November 18, 2017, 12:34:39 PM
Hmm I have a big bet on Federer to win the title but I wonder if I should hedge in the final if he plays against Dimitrov.
Actually Roger never lost to Dimitrov but there is always a first time, unless your name is Ferrer lol.
Funny you mention that. Cheesy
I bet once on a match thinking it was Federer but it was Ferrer I bet on. Grin

But on a serious note, I do believe Federer will win in the final as he always does when he gets that fair.
I don't know what his finals record is but it must be high.

Every finals matches I can remember watching him he has won.
It just might be him coming of age but I think the drive to succeed and knowing that his time to retire is within the next 2-3 years has him striving forward to not lose these matches and solidify his greatness in the world of tennis as being the best player of all time. Cool
You must have missed a lot of finals in 2014-2015 when Novak Djokovic was at his peak  Grin not to mention 2006-2014 against Nadal  Tongue
But yeah, against Dimitrov that should do it. Let's see how Roger deal with Goffin first (whom he destroyed in Basel a few weeks ago).
Yeah. I only started watching tennis when I started betting on matches about a year or less ago.
But yes, Federer did lose and he was at -1500 to win.
That is very bad. Now I think Goffin is set to go up in rank since he made the finals this tournament by winning this match.
legendary
November 18, 2017, 12:05:40 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
November 18, 2017, 07:57:52 AM
Hmm I have a big bet on Federer to win the title but I wonder if I should hedge in the final if he plays against Dimitrov.
Actually Roger never lost to Dimitrov but there is always a first time, unless your name is Ferrer lol.

But on a serious note, I do believe Federer will win in the final as he always does when he gets that fair.

It just might be him coming of age but I think the drive to succeed and knowing that his time to retire is within the next 2-3 years has him striving forward to not lose these matches and solidify his greatness in the world of tennis as being the best player of all time. Cool
You must have missed a lot of finals in 2014-2015 when Novak Djokovic was at his peak  Grin not to mention 2006-2014 against Nadal  Tongue
But yeah, against Dimitrov that should do it. Let's see how Roger deal with Goffin first (whom he destroyed in Basel a few weeks ago).
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
November 18, 2017, 07:32:03 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 109
November 18, 2017, 07:21:48 AM
legendary
November 18, 2017, 06:10:33 AM
Goffin has just won 2-0 against Thiem and in the semi-finals will play Federer.
With this result he makes his best ranking (7th). Winning the Tournament can even reach the 4th place.

I think that anyway the final will be Federer vs Dimitrov

Nice performance from Goffin, getting into the last 4 of the Masters is a major achievement!
But I think against Federer it will be very difficult, Federer is the strong favorite to win this match.
The most logic final would be Federer vs Dimitrov, with Federer winning the title.
Anything can happen at this point actually , all are great players but I want Dimitrov to move on to finals atleast if he doesn't win the title because his game is amazing and he has the potential to be the future great .
Activity: 2100
Merit: 254
November 17, 2017, 11:52:11 AM
With this result he makes his best ranking (7th). Winning the Tournament can even reach the 4th place.

Nice performance from Goffin, getting into the last 4 of the Masters is a major achievement!
But I think against Federer it will be very difficult, Federer is the strong favorite to win this match.
The most logic final would be Federer vs Dimitrov, with Federer winning the title.
legendary
November 17, 2017, 11:36:02 AM

legendary
November 17, 2017, 10:01:43 AM
Surprisingly, Sock just won against A.Zverev and will play in the semifinals against Dimitrov.
instead, Federer will play against the winner of the match Goffin vs Thiem

With this result Sock will make his new best rank (at least 8th)

For the third place in the ranking there are 3 players in the fight:

A.Zverev 4610 (eliminated)
Dimitrov 4050 (to overcome A.Zverev must win the next match (200 points) and win the semifinals (400 points)
Thiem     4015 (to overcome A.Zverev must win the next match (200 points) and win the semifinals (400 points)
Not really surprising to me , the only problem with Sascha is his consistency and the biggest strength of Sock is he grabs the opportunities , really happy to see him in the SF's Smiley
legendary
November 16, 2017, 06:30:58 PM
Surprisingly, Sock just won against A.Zverev and will play in the semifinals against Dimitrov.
instead, Federer will play against the winner of the match Goffin vs Thiem

With this result Sock will make his new best rank (at least 8th)

For the third place in the ranking there are 3 players in the fight:

A.Zverev 4610 (eliminated)
Dimitrov 4050 (to overcome A.Zverev must win the next match (200 points) and win the semifinals (400 points)
Thiem     4015 (to overcome A.Zverev must win the next match (200 points) and win the semifinals (400 points)
Activity: 490
Merit: 111
November 16, 2017, 06:00:05 PM
Like Federer, Dimitrov also won his group. Instead, Cilic and Carreno-Busta have already been eliminated (Nadal's injured substitute).
Dimitrov will play in the semifinals against the winner of "A.Zverev vs Sock".
Federer will play in the semifinals against the winner of "Thiem vs Goffin".

Dimitrov will surely be his best ranking and winning the tournament could even finish the season in third place!

Dimitrov, called once "baby Federrer" uses almost the same technique as his model. I dont think he can win him but being in the second place is absolutlly possible.

- Dimitrov plays very well this season. Tomorrow I expect easily win for Dimi against Carreno.
legendary
November 16, 2017, 04:49:48 PM
Like Federer, Dimitrov also won his group. Instead, Cilic and Carreno-Busta have already been eliminated (Nadal's injured substitute).

Dimitrov will surely be his best ranking and winning the tournament could even finish the season in third place!

Dimitrov, called once "baby Federrer" uses almost the same technique as his model. I dont think he can win him but being in the second place is absolutlly possible.
legendary
November 15, 2017, 07:54:59 PM

Jump to: