Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 636. (Read 198154 times)

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254
November 25, 2017, 01:48:06 PM
This week there is the Davis Cup final, France vs Belgium, at Stade Pierre Mauroy in Lille.
Currently the 2 teams are 1-1 (goffin won 3-0 against Pouille, and Tsonga won 3-0 against Darcis)

France is favored because it plays at home, and the remaining 3 matches is clearly favored in 2 matches (in today's doubles and in tomorrow's match Pouille vs Darcis.

France would win its 10th davis cup, while for Belgium it would be the first victory of its history

- Definitely France will win Davis cup because all together they have better tennis players than Belgium except Goffin who is the best player in both national teams.

France is favorite, I think they will win the doubles, but both single games need to be played. Goffin vs Tsonga should be a very nice match and giving the current form Goffin, he is the favorite to win this match.
The other match (probably Darcis vs Pouille) could go both sides. Darcis is called Mr. Daviscup and will give everything he got to win!
Pouille is a great player so I am sure he can defeat Darcis but can't really say between Goffin Tsonga because both play well but I root for Goffin because he deserves to end the year well.

Pouille is higher on the ranking and in good form (won the title in Vienna), but I will not bet any money on this match. It will be the first time that Pouille and Darcis will play against each other. I am looking forward to tomorrow!
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 25, 2017, 12:59:25 PM
This week there is the Davis Cup final, France vs Belgium, at Stade Pierre Mauroy in Lille.
Currently the 2 teams are 1-1 (goffin won 3-0 against Pouille, and Tsonga won 3-0 against Darcis)

France is favored because it plays at home, and the remaining 3 matches is clearly favored in 2 matches (in today's doubles and in tomorrow's match Pouille vs Darcis.

France would win its 10th davis cup, while for Belgium it would be the first victory of its history

- Definitely France will win Davis cup because all together they have better tennis players than Belgium except Goffin who is the best player in both national teams.

France is favorite, I think they will win the doubles, but both single games need to be played. Goffin vs Tsonga should be a very nice match and giving the current form Goffin, he is the favorite to win this match.
The other match (probably Darcis vs Pouille) could go both sides. Darcis is called Mr. Daviscup and will give everything he got to win!
Pouille is a great player so I am sure he can defeat Darcis but can't really say between Goffin Tsonga because both play well but I root for Goffin because he deserves to end the year well.
November 25, 2017, 11:21:15 AM

Activity: 490
Merit: 111
November 25, 2017, 10:23:11 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 25, 2017, 07:48:07 AM

legendary
November 23, 2017, 12:42:31 PM
Dimitrov surprisingly concluded the season at third place!
He has done so many points in the final of the season, will remain in top 5 quietly for at least the next 6 months.

The next season will be really interesting:

Nadal and Federer will win again?
Djokovic and Murray will return to their highest levels?
A. Zverev will finally win a Slam tournament?
who will be among the youngest players the best?

- Djokovic and Murray will return to their highest levels.
Andy Murray I can bet 1 BTC that he will not return ever again to his top level.
Hip injury is no joke, he relies way too much on his movement. Margins at this level are small, he lost this extra step that will make him beatable to many guys outside the top 10.
It is sad because I kind of like him, and wish he won the Australian Open at least once, but I am afraid he won't and the best if now behind him.

My gut feeling is that Federer will have a very difficult season next year, he was so gassed out at the ATP Finals...
I wish Kei Nishikori can come back to a good level and win a slam.
Because this season Federer has done well next year may is quit difficult for him because of his age but he will never go down from top 5 Djokovic will fight back for number 1 next year as expected and Nadal is the treat of the throne for world number 1.Andy Murray will have a hard time next year because of his injury that will hamper his game performance.
Yes this is very tough time for Andy Murray, and I am also sure that he will not come to the number one position. There is huge competition for a 1st place, and he is already too far to this position he needs to give the best performance to reach 1st place. I don't think it is possible from him. Federer and other young players may give surprise in next year.

it is very difficult for Murray to return to the first place next year but he can certainly return to high levels. I think he will at least have a great result at Wimbledon.
I expect next year that A.Zverev can finally get great results in Slam tournaments but he needs to improve his strength if he wants to win matches on 5 sets.
legendary
Merit: 1006
November 23, 2017, 10:13:30 AM
He has done so many points in the final of the season, will remain in top 5 quietly for at least the next 6 months.

Andy Murray I can bet 1 BTC that he will not return ever again to his top level.
Hip injury is no joke, he relies way too much on his movement. Margins at this level are small, he lost this extra step that will make him beatable to many guys outside the top 10.
It is sad because I kind of like him, and wish he won the Australian Open at least once, but I am afraid he won't and the best if now behind him.

My gut feeling is that Federer will have a very difficult season next year, he was so gassed out at the ATP Finals...
Because this season Federer has done well next year may is quit difficult for him because of his age but he will never go down from top 5 Djokovic will fight back for number 1 next year as expected and Nadal is the treat of the throne for world number 1.Andy Murray will have a hard time next year because of his injury that will hamper his game performance.
Yes this is very tough time for Andy Murray, and I am also sure that he will not come to the number one position. There is huge competition for a 1st place, and he is already too far to this position he needs to give the best performance to reach 1st place. I don't think it is possible from him. Federer and other young players may give surprise in next year.
Merit: 28
November 23, 2017, 09:59:43 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 109
November 22, 2017, 09:34:34 PM

Merit: 111
November 21, 2017, 06:19:52 PM

legendary
November 21, 2017, 03:33:21 PM

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 20, 2017, 10:19:37 AM
Some people are just too demanding with Roger Federer, he is 36 years old, and lost only six matches this season, incredible, actually one of his best seasons. He had a golden opportunity to get very close to Rafa Nadal to overtake him in the ranking in January, but lost to Goffin, simply ran out of gas.

Now Rafa Nadal is 1000 points ahead, and Roger has loads of points to defend in Australia (title), Indian Wells (title) and Miami (title).
Only hope for the Swiss and his fans is to see Rafa Nadal pull out at some important events (like the Australian Open).

Anyway, I expect a tough season for Roger next year, he will probably skip clay again, but he won't fresh in Australia like he was this year.
Rafa Nadal won't be fresh either, so next season will be one of the most difficult to predict.

Grigor Dimitrov can build on this and become a steady top 5 player. Still not sold on Alex Zverev by the way...

Next big event: Friday, Davis Cup final, between my country France and Belgium. France big favorite but David Goffin in great form.
Allez Tsonga!!!  Cool

I don't think that people is demanding of Federer. And we all know that he is taking his body very well and he has been playing the best tennis of his life. That's why we are all expecting and bet on him to him this tournament. However, it didn't happened maybe because he is unlucky that day or maybe his opponent is really good of maybe just physically tired. Of course we are all down to see him lost, but at the end of the day as fans we have to accept it.

Of course this is no big a title like a grand slam for him to be exerting so much energy to stress himself out. I think at this stage in his career he is rather focused on enjoying the game with a cool head rather than trying to win or beat a record like in his youthful days and i think that's what is working out for him.
No one can even question Federer right now because it's an historic season and nobody could have asked more . 2 GSs in a year at this age isn't a small thing . Congrats to Dimitrov for teaching career high ranking 3 and for winning Nitto WTF event.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
November 20, 2017, 06:43:00 AM
Some people are just too demanding with Roger Federer, he is 36 years old, and lost only six matches this season, incredible, actually one of his best seasons. He had a golden opportunity to get very close to Rafa Nadal to overtake him in the ranking in January, but lost to Goffin, simply ran out of gas.

Now Rafa Nadal is 1000 points ahead, and Roger has loads of points to defend in Australia (title), Indian Wells (title) and Miami (title).
Only hope for the Swiss and his fans is to see Rafa Nadal pull out at some important events (like the Australian Open).

Anyway, I expect a tough season for Roger next year, he will probably skip clay again, but he won't fresh in Australia like he was this year.
Rafa Nadal won't be fresh either, so next season will be one of the most difficult to predict.

Grigor Dimitrov can build on this and become a steady top 5 player. Still not sold on Alex Zverev by the way...

Next big event: Friday, Davis Cup final, between my country France and Belgium. France big favorite but David Goffin in great form.
Allez Tsonga!!!  Cool

I don't think that people is demanding of Federer. And we all know that he is taking his body very well and he has been playing the best tennis of his life. That's why we are all expecting and bet on him to him this tournament. However, it didn't happened maybe because he is unlucky that day or maybe his opponent is really good of maybe just physically tired. Of course we are all down to see him lost, but at the end of the day as fans we have to accept it.

Of course this is no big a title like a grand slam for him to be exerting so much energy to stress himself out. I think at this stage in his career he is rather focused on enjoying the game with a cool head rather than trying to win or beat a record like in his youthful days and i think that's what is working out for him.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
November 20, 2017, 05:53:33 AM

Allez Tsonga!!!  Cool

legendary
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2017, 05:22:00 AM
Dimitrov won the ATP Masters!
I saw the match and it was a nice game to watch. Both players played quite well and we saw some great points but in the end Dimitrov was a little but stronger. He will now move up to the 3d place on the ranking.

It was a very good game with a lot of breaks and alot of drama. Dimitrov did it well with great performance and as expected he won the titlle of the end of the season
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
November 20, 2017, 03:45:05 AM

Allez Tsonga!!!  Cool
November 19, 2017, 06:14:48 PM
Dimitrov won the ATP Masters!
I saw the match and it was a nice game to watch. Both players played quite well and we saw some great points but in the end Dimitrov was a little but stronger. He will now move up to the 3d place on the ranking.
legendary
Merit: 1006
November 19, 2017, 11:46:31 AM
I'm also surprised by Goffin's victory against Federer though Roger has said he is not at 100% of his shape.
Goffin will face. in the final, Dimitrov and both will improve their best ranking

here are the projections of the ranking atp, it will practically be the definitive ranking of the 2017 season:

1)Nadal     10645
2)Federer    9605
3)Dimitrov   4650 (if he wins the final 5150 points)  Best Ranking
4)A.Zverev  4610
5)Thiem      4015 (if Goffin wins the final, Thiem goes down to 6th place)
6)Cilic         3805 (if Goffin wins the final, Cilic     goes down to 7th place)
7)Goffin      3775 but if he wins the final he climbs to 5th place with 5275. In any case it is Best Ranking
8)Sock        3165 Best Ranking
9)Wawrinka 3150
10)Carreno-Busta 2615

other strong players:

11)Del Potro 2595
12)Djokovic  2585
16)Murray    2290
22)Nishikori  1885
24)Raonic     1795

I saw that something strange is going on on this match. Roger looked like he is moving to slow and his reaction on the shots(backhand and forehands) was not so sharp too. I haven`t heard that he sad that he wasn`t 100% ready for this duel. I couldn`t figure out if Goffin is playing to good or Roger is not playing his best tennis. Thanks for the info.
Dimitrov is favorite and I think that he will win today. So third place on ATP ranking list should be his. He should enjoy as top 3 player for this 2-3 months because Djoko,Murray and Wawrinka are coming back and will change looks of the ATP Ranking, or better said, will put the things on the right place.

.I could sense roger wasn't himself especially after the firjst set which he did manage to win, Congrats to D Goffin, he deserves to win but i was looking for a Roger v Rafa to end the calender year but it seems that's  not happening.
Everyone expected that Rafa and Roger would play in finals but our bad luck both players out from this tournament. Come to the today's game I also expecting that Dimitrov will win this match.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
November 19, 2017, 11:22:49 AM
I'm also surprised by Goffin's victory against Federer though Roger has said he is not at 100% of his shape.
Goffin will face. in the final, Dimitrov and both will improve their best ranking

here are the projections of the ranking atp, it will practically be the definitive ranking of the 2017 season:

1)Nadal     10645
2)Federer    9605
3)Dimitrov   4650 (if he wins the final 5150 points)  Best Ranking
4)A.Zverev  4610
5)Thiem      4015 (if Goffin wins the final, Thiem goes down to 6th place)
6)Cilic         3805 (if Goffin wins the final, Cilic     goes down to 7th place)
7)Goffin      3775 but if he wins the final he climbs to 5th place with 5275. In any case it is Best Ranking
8)Sock        3165 Best Ranking
9)Wawrinka 3150
10)Carreno-Busta 2615

other strong players:

11)Del Potro 2595
12)Djokovic  2585
16)Murray    2290
22)Nishikori  1885
24)Raonic     1795

I saw that something strange is going on on this match. Roger looked like he is moving to slow and his reaction on the shots(backhand and forehands) was not so sharp too. I haven`t heard that he sad that he wasn`t 100% ready for this duel. I couldn`t figure out if Goffin is playing to good or Roger is not playing his best tennis. Thanks for the info.
Dimitrov is favorite and I think that he will win today. So third place on ATP ranking list should be his. He should enjoy as top 3 player for this 2-3 months because Djoko,Murray and Wawrinka are coming back and will change looks of the ATP Ranking, or better said, will put the things on the right place.

.I could sense roger wasn't himself especially after the firjst set which he did manage to win, Congrats to D Goffin, he deserves to win but i was looking for a Roger v Rafa to end the calender year but it seems that's  not happening.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
November 19, 2017, 10:35:50 AM

1)Nadal     10645
2)Federer    9605
3)Dimitrov   4650 (if he wins the final 5150 points)  Best Ranking
4)A.Zverev  4610
5)Thiem      4015 (if Goffin wins the final, Thiem goes down to 6th place)
6)Cilic         3805 (if Goffin wins the final, Cilic     goes down to 7th place)
7)Goffin      3775 but if he wins the final he climbs to 5th place with 5275. In any case it is Best Ranking
8)Sock        3165 Best Ranking
9)Wawrinka 3150
10)Carreno-Busta 2615

other strong players:

11)Del Potro 2595
12)Djokovic  2585
16)Murray    2290
22)Nishikori  1885
24)Raonic     1795

Jump to: