Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 674. (Read 196440 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 251
June 04, 2017, 07:34:47 PM
It looks like this new comer Karen Khachanov.(cause before today I never heard of him Undecided ) is making a name for himself and with his match coming up with Murray that one should be a challenge to try and beat him.
I would imagine this one will go all the way to 5 set matches just like the Raonic match did today with Busta.
That was a very long match at 4 hrs and 17 mins. Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 04, 2017, 08:56:18 AM
Just 5 games dropped against Bautista Agut , Nadal finishes strongly   . This match just proves that he is in great form and can defeat "anyone" because Agut is a great defensive player but he couldn't do anything today .
June 03, 2017, 10:09:46 PM
I can't wait until the recommence of the matches from today start up again.
I was getting very worried for Ken Nishikori because he was going down very quickly to t a new 21 year old to get this far in any ATP tournament. And he was having his back worked on and called for a medical timeout. So he was hurting and then they call off all remaining matches reason of the rain delay. So lucky for him he gets to have a rest and comeback to win his match tomorrow instead.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
June 03, 2017, 10:06:17 PM
Rewatching the first set of the murray vs del porto game and it was clearly out for the first set going to murray.
So I don't know why he was so distrough about it.
Just accept it and move on to try to win the rest of the matches.
I do think he is just giving up on himself way to early.
He does have the strong forehand in all of tennis even with the multiple wrist surgeries he had to endure.
Just sad to see him that way after the first set was said and done with going in murray's favor. Embarrassed

Del Potro gave a good account of himself in the first set. The crowd seemed very impressed by his strong forehand shots. But once Murray leveled and managed to win the first set, things eased out for him. In the end, everybody will remember that it was a straight sets victory.
June 03, 2017, 06:31:52 PM
Rewatching the first set of the murray vs del porto game and it was clearly out for the first set going to murray.
He does have the strong forehand in all of tennis even with the multiple wrist surgeries he had to endure.
Just sad to see him that way after the first set was said and done with going in murray's favor. Embarrassed

He still has a problem with that wrist, you can see how is playing backhand, lots of slice backhands. It is not his style. I think that he could not do more, his game is suffering because of that and he was aware that can not do his best.  I am not favoring nobody but I am kinda sad for Delpo, he is a great fella and great tenis player.   
I agree I think anyone else in his place would of just given up and just let murray do what he wanted in the second set. But he did take it to 5-7 so he did not just throw in the towel
If he had a healthy wrist then he would be closer to a level of Djokovic standard and might actually beat him the way Novak showed he had difficulty in his encounter with the other Argentinan that made it to the final 16 in his last match.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
June 03, 2017, 05:26:13 PM

He still has a problem with that wrist, you can see how is playing backhand, lots of slice backhands. It is not his style. I think that he could not do more, his game is suffering because of that and he was aware that can not do his best.  I am not favoring nobody but I am kinda sad for Delpo, he is a great fella and great tenis player.   
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
June 03, 2017, 12:33:57 PM
June 03, 2017, 11:30:30 AM
Today there are many interesting and balanced Matches.
I see most favored, Cilic against Lopez and Nishikori against Chung.

Edmund vs Anderson, Verdasco vs Cuevas, Gasquet vs Monfils are very balanced matches.

The most interesting matches today are Murray vs Del Potro and Wawrinka vs Fognini, for me, Del Potro and Fognini can win their matches.
Yes the last 2 games are most interesting matches, and already Murray vs Del Potro match started, first 2 sets both players fantastically it was a good game by two players. Murray manages to win first two sets by 7 - 6, 7 - 5. and 2nd set there is no fight back performance from Del Potro, this set Murray leading by 5 - 0. So this is a clear win for Murray. Nowadays he is too much struggling to come to his form let's see he will qualify semi finals or not.

I watched the entire match from start to finish and Murray did look bad in the first set and lucky for winning it.
He broke Del Porto's spirit in that set because right after that last shot he put in head in his hands and leaned on the net and cried. Now that was the mark he didn't want to play anymore. He was emotionally drained after that. And it showed it in the very last set he played. 6-0 is a sign of a broken man not giving a damn anymore. Since he knew it was pointless trying to come back after being down 2 sets to none.
Even with Murray is in poor form he didn't show any mercy to Del Porto. And it broke him early.
It might take Wawrinka to dispatch Murray off of this finals.
And Happy 31st birthday today Nadal!
Enjoy your day off.. cause it is raining and the cause of suspending all play in the tournament right now. Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
June 03, 2017, 09:46:08 AM

Edmund vs Anderson, Verdasco vs Cuevas, Gasquet vs Monfils are very balanced matches.

The most interesting matches today are Murray vs Del Potro and Wawrinka vs Fognini, for me, Del Potro and Fognini can win their matches.
Yes the last 2 games are most interesting matches, and already Murray vs Del Potro match started, first 2 sets both players fantastically it was a good game by two players. Murray manages to win first two sets by 7 - 6, 7 - 5. and 2nd set there is no fight back performance from Del Potro, this set Murray leading by 5 - 0. So this is a clear win for Murray. Nowadays he is too much struggling to come to his form let's see he will qualify semi finals or not.
legendary
June 03, 2017, 09:28:10 AM
Novak does not look as good as I thought he will. 5 set match on weather like this isn`t necessary at all. But this arguing with referee is going to turn match on his side I am sure about that. And what to say about Nadal today... Full of confidence, sharp as a razor... I think that I saw that he apologize to Basilashvili when they finished the match... but he need to be 100 in focus if he wants to win this tournament. I would like to see that semi-finale Nadal-DJokovic.
That's real sportsmanship . I am a big fan of Nadal but gotto feel bad for Basilashvili , hope he comes back stronger . Nadal will become immortal if he wins this French open because this is the toughest slams of all and its almost impossible to in it 10 times .
Winning the Rolland Garros without any tough competitor will not make Nadal “immortal" , it will only be write down in the history book. I know I say this for numerous of times, but this year Rolland Garros are kind of boring, a lot of top players have out of form and we won't be seeing the great against the great. Of course, Nadal can win this title again, just a matter of time.
Mate , I didn't tell Nadal will be immortal for winning only this French open but for winning the same Grand Slam 10 times . No other great players like Boris Becker , Hingis , Mcenroe , Federer has won it more than once ( Many haven't been able to win ) .
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 03, 2017, 06:51:17 AM
I guess Nadal's odds of winning aren't too shaddy, with Djokovic having a difficult game and doesn't look that much in shape (even with the comeback), Murray is never stable and can easily get out of the tournament, Nadal and other young player's odds are as good as they may be.
Activity: 966
June 03, 2017, 06:27:31 AM
Novak does not look as good as I thought he will. 5 set match on weather like this isn`t necessary at all. But this arguing with referee is going to turn match on his side I am sure about that. And what to say about Nadal today... Full of confidence, sharp as a razor... I think that I saw that he apologize to Basilashvili when they finished the match... but he need to be 100 in focus if he wants to win this tournament. I would like to see that semi-finale Nadal-DJokovic.
That's real sportsmanship . I am a big fan of Nadal but gotto feel bad for Basilashvili , hope he comes back stronger . Nadal will become immortal if he wins this French open because this is the toughest slams of all and its almost impossible to in it 10 times .
Winning the Rolland Garros without any tough competitor will not make Nadal “immortal" , it will only be write down in the history book. I know I say this for numerous of times, but this year Rolland Garros are kind of boring, a lot of top players have out of form and we won't be seeing the great against the great. Of course, Nadal can win this title again, just a matter of time.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
June 03, 2017, 04:02:23 AM

legendary
June 03, 2017, 01:33:22 AM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
June 03, 2017, 01:14:44 AM

Djokovic actually would have been shaken in this match. To trail 2 sets to 1 and then fight back to win the match isn't easy.
His opponent wasn't especially strong - unseeded Diego Schwartzman. And on top of that he got into an argument with the referee as well.

Yup he looks very tense while playing last 2 sets but finally he made it. But he did wrong he should not argue with referee it is not suited for top class players. I thought with that tension he will lose the game, but he controlled emotions and won the game. I am also expecting Nadal vs. Djokovic in semis.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
June 03, 2017, 12:25:48 AM

Djokovic actually would have been shaken in this match. To trail 2 sets to 1 and then fight back to win the match isn't easy.
His opponent wasn't especially strong - unseeded Diego Schwartzman. And on top of that he got into an argument with the referee as well.
June 02, 2017, 01:33:18 PM
Yes. I watched the Novak J. match today and he did say to the head referee "What is wrong with you!"
That is not very good to you to win a match and I think this the reason why it too so long and in the rain to be playing just before the semi finals is not good because you can caught a cold very easily.
The referee did take a first serve away from him for this arguing about a wasting of time, twice. I don't know I just saw him bounce a ball away and the first one I missed completely.
But you know the french referees after all. They don't like arrogance and he was giving that to the ball boys.
So did the fans and no one liked that at all. That is just being anti social to the roland garros hosts. Thus the announcer of the match also pointed out.
But he did show he can still play very good tennis and should be in better form when he meets the King of Clay come to the final of this year's French open.
Activity: 756
June 02, 2017, 12:56:04 PM
Wow, Amazing Nadal who literally destroyed Basilashvili. 6-0 6-1 6-0 in just 1'34 minutes!

He is in great shape and 100% motivated to win his tenth Roland Garros.
I see no one who can beat him. I am convinced that he will surely win this Roland Garros
with this impressive scores i think as well that he really determine to get this title Nadal still his skills and without any major injuries to happen
it will be a great journey for him to win this title, good luck and keep betting for him.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
June 02, 2017, 12:04:48 PM
legendary
June 02, 2017, 09:36:33 AM
Really very unlucky David Goffin.
He was winning 5-4 in the first set with a break of lead, but falling he injured his ankle and decided to retire.
Goffin was easily controlling the game and almost certainly would have won this game.
Last year had come to the quarter-finals.
Now with this elimination will come out of the top ten of the ranking atp.

Zeballos is therefore the first qualifying for the eighth-finals  where he will most likely find Thiem.
I know right Sad He was playing well and its really very sad to see him retire . Almagro was suffering from knee injury even before the match but goffin had no real problems until he fell down Sad Bad luck.

In the other match , Nadal just demolished Basilashvili.
Jump to: